AMD Announces 7900XTX $999, 7900XT $899, Arriving December 13

Mister Woof

TBH, pretty excited to see how these cards will perform for the price against the $1600 RTX 4090. 

It's amazing how much a smaller company can get done and provide a product that is competitive against the competition. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, Zando_ said:

?? Who told you this? I have GTX 780s still kicking, 9 year old cards. And an HD4870, a 14 year old card. That's in a Mac Pro, the original Nvidia GT 6300 (IIRC that's the model) from 2006 - so 16 years old - is still kicking but just doesn't support newer graphics APIs so I replaced it. 

Wait for 3rd party benches to see how the cards perform + if there's any major launch issues.

It's my own experience with the last 5 cards I have had.  They were all NVIDIA and they failed, all shortly after warranty with one exception which lasted a bit longer.  So it doesn't matter to me that your cards last longer.  It would be unreasonable to expect any results that would contradict experience.  Ask me in about 1.5 years so if my current card still works.

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

It's amazing how much a smaller company can get done and provide a product that is competitive against the competition. 

They're already using a better silicone node supplement, and AMD is not exactly all that smaller anymore. They're holding more and more shares with CPUs - and honestly, Nvidia's 20+ year old control panel needs to either go or fully be worked on. It still lags when making changes, cringe. Barely above a command shell in quality of the software piece.

4 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Any cards using the XTX brand that they actually released to market? I don't think rumours/leaks of a card they never sold counts.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Motifator said:

They're already using a better silicone node supplement, and AMD is not exactly all that smaller anymore. They're holding more and more shares with CPUs - and honestly, Nvidia's 20+ year old control panel needs to either go or fully be worked on. It still lags when making changes, cringe. Barely above a command shell in quality of the software piece.

Slightly smaller, in terms of research and development by about $1 billion. Just keep in mind the market share to is very slim, leaving Nvidia to dominate the whole market. I've found Nvidia Control Panel to be a better solution than AMD's implementation of their...software. Catalyst was great and now this Adrenalin crap gets on my nerves. Most of the time I just do a minimal install or better yet driver only just so I don't have to deal with the stupid overlays and bullcrap that AMD enables in their defaults. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

The term Fluid Motion reminded me of AMD's own frame interpolation that i used a lot when i had my 290x circa 2015, a feature that i really missed when i switched to 980 Ti because Nvidia don't have it and when i use with SVP player it doesn't look as good and consume a lot of power. 

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Any cards using the XTX brand that they actually released to market? I don't think rumours/leaks of a card they never sold counts.

Yeah, afaik internal codename for their top end card was always XTX.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 minutes ago, Motifator said:

and honestly, Nvidia's 20+ year old control panel needs to either go or fully be worked on. It still lags when making changes, cringe. Barely above a command shell in quality of the software piece.

It's surprising they haven't made any UI updates to the control panel. Be careful what you wish for though or they might just roll the control panel in to GeForce Experience and require you to sign in to change your screen resolution.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Very exciting. I expected such price. Chiplet design is rather interesting, can't wait to see more about it. I wonder could they do dual GPU maybe.

Either way, having DP 2.1 is awesome for upcoming displays. Can't wait to see those on CES soon. The AV1 is quite neat. And upcoming FSR3 seems promising. 

Looking forward for benchmarks eventually and to see custom cards 🙂

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Yeah I don't think they released any cards that were named flat out XTX, but some cards used that silicone. On the coding of the core, some were actually called XTX, more info below:

https://www.overclock.net/threads/a-list-of-different-types-of-6900-xtxh-gpus.1794330/

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Slightly smaller, in terms of research and development by about $1 billion. Just keep in mind the market share too is very slim, leaving Nvidia to dominate the whole market. I've found Nvidia Control Panel to be a better solution than AMD's implementation of their...software. Catalyst was great and now this Adrenalin crap gets on my nerves. Most of the time I just do a minimal install or better yet driver only just so I don't have to deal with the stupid overlays and bullcrap that AMD enables in their defaults. 

I'm actually liking the Adrenalin suite but each to their own I guess at some point.

I see people making random comparisons between TPU and AMD's slides. On TPU's Average FPS, the 6950 gets 150 frames at QHD. While the 4090 maintains 200 FPS. If you go by the 1.7x multiplier, the card might actually perform better under several cases. Time will show.

39 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Probably not, I already have a 6800 XT with water block so I should actually get the investment life out of it first before upgrading. I'm limited to 2560x1600 @ 60Hz anyway, should deal to that first I guess.

Or you could look at it as you getting the most return on your old card before it's worthless 😉
Many ways to play around that buying decision. Though water blocked cards tank their value pretty hard.

Though that monitor...

36 minutes ago, Herrscher of Whatever said:

Also, I have the gut feeling that the eventual future RX 7600 (non xt of course) will be my go to card to buy for both AV1 and good performance.

I've seen fewer people have issues with the lower tier cards. Which is interesting.

30 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I don't? I mean should I be blaming myself for buying a GOOD monitor that has a VRR which ONLY works with Nvidia? Why doesn't AMD have any? Oh yeah, their standard is free... working with any GPU - called Freesync.

There is no 8k ultrawide monitor to my knowledge. 8k is a TV resolution that has almost 8000 pixels on one side, to make this an ultrawide you need even more pixels and I'm not aware of any monitors in this configuration, at least out of my head.

That's not the way your post sounds 😉

There is. Samsung is releasing it officially at CES.

Also that's not how Ultrawide works. It's the same horizontal, half-ish the vertical. Not more.

20 minutes ago, heimdali said:

I didn't say they don't last longer than their warranty. I'd rather have one fail and fixed/replaced during its warranty than the card failing shortly after.  The last 5 cards I had failed not long after the warranty expired.  One of them was made by PNY and failed because its fan broke; I was able to salvage it by removing the rest of the blades and tieing another fan to it.  The last one lasted somewhat longer than the others and it was the most expensive one.  It was a Founders Edition which I went for because I though maybe they do last longer, and that payed out.  Still it should have lasted longer.  Now I switched to AMD because NVIDIA drivers are such a pain and NVIDIA is so very uncooperative.

After so much bad experience, I don't believe that graphics cards would last much longer than their warranty and buying a used one would require a really good price because chances are that it will fail soon.  I also plan on selling my current card before the warranty is expired if I can get a reasonable price for it and get another one instead.  Once it has failed, it can't sell it anymore, so that may be the better deal than waiting for it to fail.

I have, by referring to the cards that would be replaced by the new ones about to be released in December.  Someone who's buying a top-of-the-line AMD card for $1000 is probably replacing their current top-of-the-line-or-close-to that AMD card.

I suppose that some of you have experience with that kind of thing.  Of course, the details aren't predictable and it can be known what currently the top-of-the-line cards are and how doing such a switch worked out, and if it was a good idea or a bad one surely is something something can be said about.

Uh, what fam?

Considering that graphics cards usually last only as long as their warranty

That is literally exactly what you said.

If you think AMD drivers are any better, you're terribly mistaken. I've had far more issues with AMD drivers than Nvidia.

I only buy used cards. I've never had one fail. A lot of my friends are running old hardware, and they haven't experienced any failures.

So, perhaps something you're doing is causing them to reach a quick death.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It doesn't really seems like RDNA 3 will compete with the 4090, but at 600$ cheaper and with far lower power demand, this really looks like a great high end gaming GPU. I mean who really has the money für a 1600$ card in this economy. Sure professionals do, but most average gamer don't have that money or just don't want to spend that much. The "low" AMD prices also mean that lower end cards will be far more likely from AMD. Another great news for more price sensitive gamers. 

I don't think I'll upgrade from my 6900XT this soon, but I'm really looking forward to FSR 3 and and all the other promised software updates. When I bought my current card drivers and software were a really hot mess. Now it already improved so much. When this trend continuous AMD really will be a competitive alternative to Nvidia and that's something every gamer should love.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard: B550 AORUS PRO AC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 @3600MT/s | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT | Case: Fractal Meshify C | Storage: Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe 1TB & Samsung SSD 870 QVO 2TB | PSU: Cooler Master V-Series V750 Gold V2 750W | Display(s): MSI Optix MAG342CQR - 1440p144 & 2x 1080p60 | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 | Keyboard: Logitech G815 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Sound: Logitech Z906 5.1 Sound System | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

47 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I wish they didn't, when AMD dropped that nonsense I was really happy. I do not miss the days of the X800 XTX Ultra GTO EXTREME!! which is faster than the X800 XTX GTO Ultra EXTREME!

why dont they just name it 7800 xt and 7900 xt, like they should? -cough-

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I'm actually liking the Adrenalin suite but each to their own I guess at some point.

I see people making random comparisons between TPU and AMD's slides. On TPU's Average FPS, the 6950 gets 150 frames at QHD. While the 4090 maintains 200 FPS. If you go by the 1.7x multiplier, the card might actually perform better under several cases. Time will show.

It's alright to use...albeit clunky for me. It's like the bane of AMD's existence just like Edge is on Windows- i.e. everyone goes to use Edge to install their browser of choice and leave Edge for good. 

Aren't these numbers extrapolated using the RX 6900XT FPS numbers multiplied by 1.7??

man I miss the high end GPU's being like $500 lol...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I had one a LOOOONG time ago.

Radeon 1950XTX

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-x1950-xtx.c168

Trying to find the retail box for it. I think it was Leadtek and had a wizard on it 🤣

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

That's not the way your post sounds 😉

There is. Samsung is releasing it officially at CES.

Also that's not how Ultrawide works. It's the same horizontal, half-ish the vertical. Not more.

Uh, what fam?

That is literally exactly what you said.

If you think AMD drivers are any better, you're terribly mistaken. I've had far more issues with AMD drivers than Nvidia.

I only buy used cards. I've never had one fail. A lot of my friends are running old hardware, and they haven't experienced any failures.

So, perhaps something you're doing is causing them to reach a quick death.

I think I made clear in the post that the monitor ONLY works with an Nvidia card as far as VRR is concerned. This is how it's built, it's a Predator X34 for the record. I want VRR and it's practically, partially useless without an Nvidia card to me.

I don't know which monitor you're talking about, care to post a link? But, it's being released on CES, so currently... it doesn't exist - and I still don't think it's technically "8k ultrawide" at all.

5k2k is 4k ultrawide. It has more pixels than 4k, and makes it the ultrawide form of 4k because there's nothing closer to it. Making you ultimately wrong. 🙂

I bought a barely used Optane stick the other day and the guy messaged me almost 10 times one after the other in 15 minute intervals for me to give him the confirmation. I stay away from buying used as much as I could, because you deal with so many complete idiots.

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Those things were long...  

AMD Radeon HD 7990 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Nvidia be the thick boi

AMD be the long boi

if they did it they would have to package it alongside each other, not with massive distance like this 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

23 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

It's alright to use...albeit clunky for me. It's like the bane of AMD's existence just like Edge is on Windows- i.e. everyone goes to use Edge to install their browser of choice and leave Edge for good. 

Aren't these numbers extrapolated using the RX 6900XT FPS numbers multiplied by 1.7??

Yeah, my bad, it's the 6900. But like, the 6900 vs 6950 is really dependent on how well your sample clocks if you're into tuning like me. 😛

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

if they did it they would have to package it alongside each other, not with massive distance like this 

That's an old card, it uses the PLX chip to couple the cards over the Crossfire, while using the Volterra Digital PWM / Cooper Bussman chokes. This was an amazing power delivery config which was used back then.

You would expect a modern dual GPU card to use something entirely else than PLX for bridging the stuff. Some form of HBM alike stuff.

Dumping some slides taken from TPU. Gaming performance test was done with either 7900x/7950x + 32GB DDR5-6000MT

https://www.techpowerup.com/300632/amd-announces-the-usd-999-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-and-usd-899-rx-7900-xt-5nm-rdna3-displayport-2-1-fsr-3-0-fluidmotion

kImGR0D009XZabV1.jpg

Bglfb0wnj3SFluPQ.jpg

UcK39fkQTXbwstxo.jpg

Gd6Y6vy8KK7AJbwW.jpg

More slides 👇

Spoiler

XErXIQe5yrJCidWw.jpg

xAxgt9G09ZFWYTPm.jpg

tnAHWihU8KXyRtZ5.jpg

dH50keO0jwB4Dm3z.jpg

2KRVTJPzZBIqHgkJ.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, Motifator said:

Yeah, my bad, it's the 6900. But like, the 6900 vs 6950 is really dependent on how well your sample clocks if you're into tuning like me. 😛

6950XT is just a slightly factory OC version of the 6900XT. Both are pretty comparable in performance. 

1 minute ago, Motifator said:

You would expect a modern dual GPU card to use something entirely else than PLX for bridging the stuff. Some form of HBM alike stuff.

theoretically speaking you have two options, that is a communication protocol, like Infinity Fabric... but much faster (and much more energy intensive) Or simple direct links through an interposer... 

Direct links would make sense for many reasons but... it's pretty difficult 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Seems a little odd the marketing and media hype that this is an McM GPU when all of the gpu logic/compute is on a single die and the separated other modules are just for cache.  Also much of the gaming media clearly are un-aware of apple M1 Ultra gpus that are true McM gpu were the compute is spread over 2 dies. In the case of the M1 Ultra it is in fact logically made out of 8 GPUs (4 per die).  Of cource with a TBDR approach tilling out the GPU like this is simpler than TBIR as each tile of screen space can be fully resolved (within a render pass), but it is a shame AMD did not manage to solve the McM challenges for TBIR. 

29 minutes ago, hishnash said:

Seems a little odd the marketing and media hype that this is an McM GPU when all of the gpu logic/compute is on a single die and the separated other modules are just for cache.

AMD called those other ones for MCD and GCD, I think

For their chiplet, not sure if can be called something similar as MCM.

Edited by Quackers101

2 hours ago, porina said:

This does imply a difference in vram bus width of 20%. Does their cache mitigate that?

The cache is also smaller since the XT loses 1 Memory Cache Chiplet (which accounts for the lost vram bus as well since each chiplet gives a 64bit memory bus and 16MB Cache).

It's been said many times but I too also felt that difference is too small. If you're going to 900, you might as well go to 1000. That their pricing like this implies one of two things: their perf overall and/or feature set is still lacking vs nvidia, or they are actually making a push for market share this time. We'll need direct perf testing to see which is the case. 

It's also possible that they expected the 7900XT to compete with the 4080 12GB but Nvidia withdrew that card from sale after they designed it.

FLOPS are great indicators of real world perf - as long as that perf is more compute than gaming.

From their numbers it was looking like that RT increases were in line with raster increases, so no change to the balance between them.

Until we get more information, my feeling is RDNA 3 isn't changing the balance. If you look mainly at raster it'll be competitive enough but will still have weak areas around it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Seems the story is the same it's been for a while: slot between 2 NV products (the 4070 Ti/4080-12 and the 4080-16) and hope people don't mind dealing with your crappier software implementations.  NV will just bundle the 4080-16 with a couple games and bada bing they continue outselling.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)