AMD Announces 7900XTX $999, 7900XT $899, Arriving December 13

Mister Woof
7 minutes ago, Reme86 said:

I work from home as a 3d artist all day and game all night so its an investment that is worthwhile regardless. What are peoples thoughts? Is 4090 now terrible value, or just slightly less good value than it was this time last week.

if you like AI, omniverse, and features Nvidia have for your workflow.

Likely not the best price, with a different experience and tools from AMD.

depends, but wonder if this card is 20% slower and 40% cheaper, buy 2 for 1 nvidia šŸ˜› jk

6 minutes ago, PaulFCB said:

Brah, I donā€™t care which channels you watch, just watch their presentation and draw the conclusions yerself, I just told you pretty clearly that they mislead viewers with their presentation and itā€™s not a typo or anything, they said 8k uw themselves for a display that will launch next year with a 7680x2160 resolution.

any of the brands often do that, kinda sad at times.

Edited by Quackers101

2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I can't wait to see them jam two compute dies on one card, rx 7950 xtx

Those things were long...Ā Ā 

AMD Radeon HD 7990 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

Ā 

Nvidia be the thick boi

AMD be the long boi

IntelĀ®Ā Coreā„¢ i7-12700Ā | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4Ā | Gigabyte Radeonā„¢ RX 6650 XT Gaming OCĀ | 32GB Corsair VengeanceĀ® RGB Pro SL DDR4Ā | Samsung 990 Pro 1TBĀ | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 MiniĀ (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XRĀ (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
IntelĀ®Ā Coreā„¢ i7-1265UĀ | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512GĀ | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
IntelĀ®Ā Coreā„¢ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GBĀ |Ā 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15Ā 
IntelĀ®Ā Coreā„¢ i7-3520MĀ |Ā GT 630MĀ |Ā 16 GB Corsair VengeanceĀ®Ā DDR3Ā |
SamsungĀ 850 EVO 250GB | macOS CatalinaĀ |Ā Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 hours ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

Summary

AMD Announces 7900XTX $999, 7900XT $899, Arriving December 13

RX7900XT-PRICING-2.jpg

Ā 

Quotes

Ā 

My thoughts

Midrange segment is unimportant to them. That sucks. Seems neither company wants to focus on that segment at all. Previous announcements included the RTX 3070 and Radeon RX 6800.

Ā 

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-announces-radeon-rx-7900xtx-and-7900xt-with-navi-31-rdna3-gpu

b

AMD and Nvidia have not given up the midrange. They just didn't announce them right away unlike last time because why would they? Both companies have tons of old gen cards to sell still. Who's gonna buy ~$650 6900xt when the 7800xt at ~$699-$749 makes the 6900xt its Lil' Bitch

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU-Ā RTX 4070 SUPER FEĀ MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming WifiĀ RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVMEĀ PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake)Ā CASE-Phanteks NV5Ā MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hzĀ PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+Ā AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

0ddbb96bbeaf3447c072c55d0abaf2acbe2563bd

Are these comparing like for like though. Was ray tracing on when testing resident evil and metro? was AMD using FSR and if so at what settings. So many unkwnows.

Interesting.

I like how they kept the card pretty compact. Hopefully this will release a flood of cheap RX6800's onto the market.

Well. "Flood." There isn't enough out there to really flood the used market.

Ā 

I can't wait to see how the drivers are on these new designs. Hopefully they're finally solid, but time will tell. It looks like there's a lot of little intricacies that can just gum up the works.

Ā 

Anyone here plan on buying one?

Ā 

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

AMD's not holding back the RAM.

Ā 

AMD's 7900 XTX - 24GB VRAM - $1000

AMD's 7900 XT - 20GB VRAM - $900

Ā 

Nvidia's RTX 4090 - 24GB - $1600

Nvidia's RTX 4080 - 16 GB - $1200

They never really have. They use it as a way to try and get people to pick their products, since higher numbers are always better.

2 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Pricing is of course really competitive. I guess largely enabled by the chiplet design and by their competition and their relatively speaking lack of additional software features or the quality of it.Ā 

I think they're also taking far less profit per card, and hoping that gamers really start to care about what they bring to the table in the GPU space.

Maybe if they invested more money into having rock solid drivers...

A boy can dream.

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

The top end cards usually come out the first, then the smaller siblings. Often times lower tier cards are made out of bigger GPU parts too.

I'd like to see non-RT FPS numbers, but I'm sure these slap the Nvidia cards without RT involvement.

I might grab a 7900 for myself... some time, hopefully. Just this idiotic G-Sync only monitor, ugh. Nvidia says I use their cards or I get Novideo regarding VRR.

I don't think you really get to blame the monitor here šŸ˜›

I was gonna buy one of the new cards in the $500-700 range and give my 3080 to my wife, and the wife's 3070 to my kid....but now I wonder if it just makes more sense to get a card for kid who needs one, like the 6700XT they have for $370.

Ā 

As much as I'd like one of these new cards, I just can't mentally get past the idea of spending over $1000 for one.

You could always wait for the midrange šŸ˜‰

2 hours ago, PaulFCB said:

Ā Technically Iā€™m not the one who gave fake 8k ultrawide info, if youā€™re not convinced, watch the presentation or see what Steve said about it. Omg.

They didn't, really. They noted it during the release (albeit not as much as they should have), and it was in the cliff notes at the bottom.

Illusive, yes, but it's not outright fake.

2 hours ago, Shimejii said:

G6 Vs G6X though, albiet they arent THAT much differentĀ  but g6X is more expensive.

Ā 

Overall my thoughts on the 7000 Series announcement: Naming scheme fucking sucks. I gave NVIDIA a bunch of shit for 4080 16 gb vs 12 GB, and i will do the same for this. It should have been called a 7924XT, Or at least something different.

Ā 

Performance is Quite worrying since they didnt really release that much, i have a feeling its gonna be a 20-40% in the vast majority of titles, and 40-70% in a select few. Ray Tracing performance was pretty lack luster, so it seems they havent really made a major bump there, but RT still tends to be pretty shit anyway.

Ā 

8k Crap was dumb and they should be called out on this, its not 8k, its not even half the resolution of 8k, it was 16m Pixels with the reso they used.Ā 

Ā 

1000$ for the XTX was quite surprising, i thought for sure they were going to do 1200 or 1299, but there may be a reason for that. Hopeful and a good step forward.

Ā 

900$ for the 7900XT is kind of an oddity, not sure i can justify it over the XTX model for 100$ more with the 3 cutdowns, VRAM, CU, and Mem Chiplet.

Ā 

Maybe at CES they will announce 7800XT or 7700XT so the 300-800$ range GPUs, but i expect a May-June announcement for that.

7924XT is significantly worse šŸ˜‚

Ā 

The monitor they referenced is exactly half the resolution of 8k. Stupid, yes, but that's just the whole monitor space and their naming conventions. It'd be almost worse if they used DUHD. That means little to anyone.

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

The hell are you on lol, there is no "8k ultrawide" standard to my knowledge. 8k is a TV standard and even if there is a stretched form of it, almost nobody is well aware of it or using such standard out in the wild. I'm just here reading your pointless comment, and I don't watch Steve.

A lot of people are calling AMD out on this, and rightly so (to a degree), but with all the hate all I can think...

"ermagawd. There's possibly/probably some kind of super ultrawide beast out there..LG..I'm looking at you.."

Sadly it's Samsung. But I'm sure LG will have something similar.

1 hour ago, heimdali said:

Hm, cool, assuming that people might replace their current cards with these for xmas (or whenever the new ones are available), I need to ask this:

Ā 

1.) Considering that graphics cards usually last only as long as their warranty, would it be worthwhile to get a used card off ebay like in December/Janurary (or whenenver) from someone who replaced theirs?

Ā 

2.) Which card I should be looking for?Ā  All these numbers and letters they're using are so meaningless and non-rememberable that I can't keep track, and there are so many of them.

Ā 

3.) Or would I be better off waiting for less expensive cards to come out which may be as fast as the old used ones and buy a new one then?

Ā 

Ā 

Given a good price, I might use my current card as a spare because it's a bit weak with a 4k monitor, or sell it.Ā  I might have bought better, but prices were so ridiculously high when I needed it that I didn't, and I'm glad that I didn't spend that much.

Ā 

On a side note, how would make it sense to buy the XT instead of XTX when the price difference is only $100?Ā  Couldn't they have better skipped the XT altogether?

Ā 

Used cards are IMO always the way to go, but thinking they don't outlast their warranty couldn't be further from the truth.

Ā 

How are we supposed to know what card you're looking for when you've given us literally no information to go off of?

Ā 

No one can answer you on which card is better. There aren't any reviews out.

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

I really hope 2 slot models get some love. 4090's are all 3-4 slot monsters so if the top flagship model is a 2.5 slot card, there's some real hope that a GPU that actually fits in a case will be offered.

I mean, a 3 slot card still fits into pretty much every mainstream case out there.

50 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I'm a bit disappointed about the AMD cards. I just wanted them to finally surprise us with performance but 1.7x is not going to be even close to reaching NVIDIA. I refuse to buy NVIDIA and will instead just sit on my 3080 and hope that next year when they release the refresh it will be more impressive.

Says won't buy NVdia.

"Just sit on my 3080."

Sus.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Ā 

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Ā 

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Ā 

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Ā 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Reme86 said:

Are these comparing like for like though. Was ray tracing on when testing resident evil and metro? was AMD using FSR and if so at what settings. So many unkwnows.

Yeah. But it helps to get a rough picture of what AMD's claim might translate into. Maybe some of the performance will be better by the time the card releases, due to driver optimisations.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

Ā 

"Weā€™ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" -Ā William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I was gonna buy one of the new cards in the $500-700 range and give my 3080 to my wife, and the wife's 3070 to my kid....but now I wonder if it just makes more sense to get a card for kid who needs one, like the 6700XT they have for $370.

Ā 

As much as I'd like one of these new cards, I just can't mentally get past the idea of spending over $1000 for one.

Yeah 1k is way too much for me. I bought my "used" 2 month old 3080 FE for $575. That similar range to you is what I'd be looking to spend if I were to get a new card, which I likely won't regardless since I have almost 3 years of warranty left on this. The idea of going a full red pc build this spring with a 7800x3d and 7800xt seems crazy appealing though, even though their naming schemes make me want to punt a baby. 7000 for both GPU and CPU in the same gen? Hopefully next cpu gen they jump to 9000 and the next gpu gen is 8000 to eliminate the confusion. Even the 7700x I currently have reminds be of the 7700k from 2016 or whenever that came outĀ 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU-Ā RTX 4070 SUPER FEĀ MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming WifiĀ RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVMEĀ PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake)Ā CASE-Phanteks NV5Ā MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hzĀ PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+Ā AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

And we haven't seen any comparisons besides AMD's to themselves so any predictions now are premature; there's honestly no way to tell how they'll perform until we see objective benchmarks once reviewers have the cards and the embargo lifts.

There are multiple indicators as to why neither of these will be faster than the RTX 4090, or compete with it.

• Price, you price to the market performance
  • Compute power: 61TFLOPs vs 82 TFLOPs, 7900 XTX is only 74% compute performance of the RTX 4090. That's simply too big to make up in other ways.
  • Nvidia computeĀ to gaming performance is historically better than AMD's
  • Lack of comparison to the RTX 4090, if it were competitive with or faster then AMD would have said so in the presentation

You're welcome to disagree but all the indicators are there as to how the situation is. Don't shoot the messenger comes to mind here.

Ā 

Just take some solace in that the RTX 4080 is only 48 TFLOPs if it really matters to you that much.

Seeing comments here and other places talking about how great the pricing is.

Ā 

Must be a lot of people on 'the drugs' ... seriously ..this is NOT good pricing.

Ā 

$850, thats the price point for the top tier gaming cards. Anything above that with maybe on average a 5% performance bump and a bunch load more VRAM is where the semi professional $1k+ cards sit.

Atleast thats how it used to be before the 20 series, and things have just got worse since then.

And people keep eating these, overpriced, cards up, screwing themselves and everyone else in the tech community over. Hope ya proud ! .. learn some self control. Seriously stop bending over. These cards should NOT be this damn expensive.

Ā 

Not that long ago $700 would get you the top of the line GPU for a generation. Add on inflation and ur looking at roughly $850. What on earth are you guys smoking to think $1000 is good ?

Good vs the ...4080 ? ..that card shouldnt be as expensive as it is either ! ..its not even a proper 4080 ffs.

Ā 

'sigh' ... GPU market is completely fked still. I have to wonder how many years. .if any ..will it take to return to normal.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 ProĀ  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2XĀ - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

no one gonna complain about how having a single "x" is enough to differentiate between totally different GPUs? no? ok

I wish they didn't, when AMD dropped that nonsense I was really happy. I do not miss the days of the X800 XTX Ultra GTO EXTREME!! which is faster than theĀ X800 XTX GTO Ultra EXTREME!

12 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Says won't buy NVdia.

"Just sit on my 3080."

Sus.

The 3080 was a very good card for Ā£649 but their new cards are not. Of course I will not reward a company that threw gamers to the wolves and now that the miners are gone they want to milk us. Nah, not me. I'll wait for AMD to release their new cards next year.

Everyone is hyping about the return of the XTX branding, just like the OG ATI with the X1900 XTX.

Ā 

But now all of a sudden I'm curious about whether the RX 7950 XTX Uber edition is going to happen, just like the good old X1950 XTX Uber days.

606ecba42fcf5ee2852e5d6c188a08a2-1200x90

5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

There are multiple indicators as to why neither of these will be faster than the RTX 4090, or compete with it.

• Price, you price to the market performance
  • Compute power: 61TFLOPs vs 82 TFLOPs, 7900 XTX is only 74% compute performance of the RTX 4090. That's simply too big to make up in other ways.
  • Nvidia computeĀ to gaming performance is historically better than AMD's
  • Lack of comparison to the RTX 4090, if it were competitive with or faster then AMD would have said so in the presentation

You're welcome to disagree but all the indicators are there as to how the situation is. Don't shoot the messenger comes to mind here.

But shooting the messenger is what people are good at doing!

Ā 

I did not expect AMD to be able to compete with the 4090, even if its 20-30% slower, thats still plenty good for most people at the price. If it properly competes with the 4080 16GB that may help, but we still dont exactly know what that will be like. Based off their numbers it still should do very well, and hopefully do some fun pricing with the later cards.

Ā 

I expect it to be a fun high end battle, and basically just a few refreshes for the lower end so its not gonna be as exciting.Ā 

18 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Probably not, I already have a 6800 XT with water block so I should actually get the investment life out of it first before upgrading. I'm limited to 2560x1600 @ 60Hz anyway, should deal to that first I guess.

2 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Ā 

Must be a lot of people on 'the drugs' ... seriously ..this is NOT good pricing.

Ā 

$850, thats the price point for the top tier gaming cards. Anything above that with maybe on average a 5% performance bump and a bunch load more VRAM is where the semi professional $1k+ cards sit.

Atleast thats how it used to be before the 20 series, and things have just got worse since then.

And people keep eating these, overpriced, cards up, screwing themselves and everyone else in the tech community over. Hope ya proud ! .. learn some self control. Seriously stop bending over. These cards should NOT be this damn expensive.

Ā 

Not that long ago $700 would get you the top of the line GPU for a generation. Add on inflation and ur looking at roughly $850. What on earth are you guys smoking to think $1000 is good ?

Good vs the ...4080 ? ..that card shouldnt be as expensive as it is either ! ..its not even a proper 4080 ffs.

Ā 

'sigh' ... GPU market is completely fked still. I have to wonder how many years. .if any ..will it take to return to normal.

Um. Never? Wake up lol. Eggs and chicken have doubled in price the last year. Of course 1k for a gpu is a huge scam, but it's all relative. It's way better than $1599 or $1199. You also have to remember this is AMD's top 2 skis. This will make the 7800xt ~$699-$749 and the 7700xt ~$549. That is not unreasonable with supply chain shortages and raging inflation etc. I feel like half of your comments are "old man yells at clouds" comments. The top tier gpu's are never going to be that price again my friend. You are stuck in 2015. Even the mid cycle console refreshes are going to be hella expensive. Estimates make the PS5 pro and Xbox Series XX or whatever the fuck $799-$899.... Pricing is never going back to pre-turing. PC gaming is mainstream now too so that accounts for some of the price increases. I think "fair" for the 7900XTX would be $799-849. We got $999. That's a couple hundred bucks, I can live with that with the current inflation etc. Now... The 4080 16gb being $1199? Fuck no. That shit should be like $799.

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I wish they didn't, when AMD dropped that nonsense I was really happy. I do not miss the days of the X800 XTX Ultra GTO EXTREME!! which is faster than theĀ X800 XTX GTO Ultra EXTREME!

maybe seeing that again, now its more confusing again. then again all of them have done this recently, and AMD got worse with their laptop hardware names and generations. xtx could be nice alone, but RX XTX seems so confusing with stuff like RX X XTX X, or any additions to it which some dont know if its a part of the card version or not.

11 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Ā 

its good compared to some other pricing, its still not "great".

It is fked, but wont return to "normal", unless creating these lower nm cards for cheaper like future intel fabs, but still wont turn the price down.

Edited by Quackers101

18 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Also, I have the gut feeling that the eventual future RX 7600 (non xt of course) will be my go to card to buy for both AV1 and good performance.

40 minutes ago, Motifator said:

XTX is an old school AMD thing, it dates couple decades back. It's like the Ti of Nvidia that they keep bringing back. For example, back in 2006, there was the X1950 XTX. That was the top end card, one tick above the X1950 XT.

Old school ATI thing.Ā X1950 XTX was back when it was still ATI before they were acquired by AMD. Is this the first time AMD used the XTX branding?Ā 

Ā 

Probably would have made more sense to call it a 7950XT instead since they used 6_50 last gen. Maybe that means AMD has plans for a 7950 class card in the future..?

Maybe the 7900XTX should have been 7900XT and the 7900XT be 7900.

CPU: Intel i7 6700kĀ  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sadly this is just how pricing stuff is now. TSMC has been charging a ton more per wafer, and that gets put onto us the consumer. 700$ for a 1080ti was a great deal, the 7900XTX is a lot more expensive to make per wafer and memory alone.Ā 

Ā 

Would i prefer it to be cheaper? Absolutely yes, but at this point the Latest cards will be really expensive, previous gen gets tanked in pricing. Look you can now buy 6900XTs for 600$, that IS a good deal. 3080s for 500$, so that is where the pricing can be good once the top cards come out.Ā 

Ā 

To me the "Good pricing" Means that if you buy it now, you are probably good for 2 years until next gen, then once they decide to sell it it should be much cheaper to buy 2nd hand, its not gonna be super inflated in price like the 3090ti was, that shit STILL sucks to buy 2nd hand. So the price Ceiling has been set at 1000$, so it should come down a steady amount.

Ā 

That is to say that they dont pull another 6000 series stunt in which they never actually release it AT MSRP and they charge 100$ extra or more for board partners and such and then we never see a 1000$ card.

19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I don't think you really get to blame the monitor here šŸ˜›

Ā 

They didn't, really. They noted it during the release (albeit not as much as they should have), and it was in the cliff notes at the bottom.

Illusive, yes, but it's not outright fake.

Ā 

The monitor they referenced is exactly half the resolution of 8k. Stupid, yes, but that's just the whole monitor space and their naming conventions. It'd be almost worse if they used DUHD. That means little to anyone.

A lot of people are calling AMD out on this, and rightly so (to a degree), but with all the hate all I can think...

"ermagawd. There's possibly/probably some kind of super ultrawide beast out there..LG..I'm looking at you.."

Sadly it's Samsung. But I'm sure LG will have something similar.

I don't? I mean should I be blaming myself for buying a GOOD monitor that has a VRR which ONLY works with Nvidia? Why doesn't AMD have any? Oh yeah, their standard is free... working with any GPU - called Freesync.

There is no 8k ultrawide monitor to my knowledge. 8k is a TV resolution that has almost 8000 pixels on one side, to make this an ultrawide you need even more pixels and I'm not aware of any monitors in this configuration, at least out of my head.

Ā 

35 minutes ago, PaulFCB said:

Ā COD sucked for long, even their best games are nothing but the best example of a mediocre first person shooter and subpar to terribly drawn maps with viciously lazy written single player campaigns that are just reboots of the previous game in the series. If that piece of shit of a franchise is your benchmark then nothing surprises me, spend $1000(+VAT and AIB premiums) on a rock wrapped in a nice looking box.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā Brah, I donā€™t care which channels you watch, just watch their presentation and draw the conclusions yerself, I just told you pretty clearly that they mislead viewers with their presentation and itā€™s not a typo or anything, they said 8k uw themselves for a display that will launch next year with a 7680x2160 resolution. Thatā€™s not even as many pixels as a standard 8k. I donā€™t need you tell me what DP 2.1 or 8k is.

Ā 

855D5AC4-E172-47FE-B024-60A475F34236.thumb.jpeg.ac5b1aa54b3bc4be7380c29b23de0325.jpegĀ 

You certainly need me tell you some things, because that was clear when you said 4k ultrawide. 4k ultrawide, is again, most close to 5k2k monitors. You did not understand this previously.
Ā 

Then you comment on COD, yeah I play COD so what? Mechanics are still a lot better than many games out there especially the newest title. What else am I gonna play, singleplayer? Sure, I would play Trepang but when I'm done with it, it's basically over. There isn't much better than COD in its own genre. That's why I play it, not because it's actually great.
Ā 

The card seems great for what it's worth, you just don't get it. Find me a 2 slot and a half card that's as good and I'll gladly assume otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Old school ATI thing.Ā X1950 XTX was back when it was still ATI before they were acquired by AMD. Is this the first time AMD used the XTX branding?Ā 

Ā 

Probably would have made more sense to call it a 7950XT instead since they used 6_50 last gen. Maybe that means AMD has plans for a 7950 class card in the future..?

Maybe the 7900XTX should have been 7900XT and the 7900XT be 7900.

they 100% have a plan for a 7950xt
They only used 20Gb/s GDDR6 ram, and they still have power overhead for faster clocks.

when ram gets cheap again, dropping in 22 Gb/s GDDR6 and using extra power budget to have 10% faster stock clocks will probably make it match the 4090 in almost everything. Though at that point the 4090ti will be out sure. but AMD cards will still be way cheaper to manufacture.

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Used cards are IMO always the way to go, but thinking they don't outlast their warranty couldn't be further from the truth.

I didn't say they don't last longer than their warranty. I'd rather have one fail and fixed/replaced during its warranty than the card failing shortly after.Ā  The last 5 cards I had failed not long after the warranty expired.Ā  One of them was made by PNY and failed because its fan broke; I was able to salvage it by removing the rest of the blades and tieing another fan to it.Ā  The last one lasted somewhat longer than the others and it was the most expensive one.Ā  It was a Founders Edition which I went for because I though maybe they do last longer, and that payed out.Ā  Still it should have lasted longer.Ā  Now I switched to AMD because NVIDIA drivers are such a pain and NVIDIA is so very uncooperative.

Ā 

After so much bad experience, I don't believe that graphics cards would last much longer than their warranty and buying a used one would require a really good price because chances are that it will fail soon.Ā  I also plan on selling my current card before the warranty is expired if I can get a reasonable price for it and get another one instead.Ā  Once it has failed, it can't sell it anymore, so that may be the better deal than waiting for it to fail.

Ā 

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

How are we supposed to know what card you're looking for when you've given us literally no information to go off of?

I have, by referring to the cards that would be replaced by the new ones about to be released in December.Ā  Someone who's buying a top-of-the-line AMD card for $1000 is probably replacing their current top-of-the-line-or-close-to that AMD card.

Ā 

I suppose that some of you have experience with that kind of thing.Ā  Of course, the details aren't predictable and it can be known what currently the top-of-the-line cards are and how doing such a switch worked out, and if it was a good idea or a bad one surely is something something can be said about.

19 minutes ago, Herrscher of Whatever said:

Everyone is hyping about the return of the XTX branding, just like the OG ATI with the X1900 XTX.

Ā 

But now all of a sudden I'm curious about whether the RX 7950 XTX Uber edition is going to happen, just like the good old X1950 XTX Uber days.

606ecba42fcf5ee2852e5d6c188a08a2-1200x90

I don't think anybody really cared for this package. The Toxic was where it's at with the liquid cooling, alongside of some other cards.
Ā 

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Nope.

https://www.techpowerup.com/281394/amd-radeon-rx-6900-xtx-engineering-sample-pictured

1. 7900XTX 109 FPS AC Valhala Vs 112 4090 at 4k
  2. God of war: 7900XTX 98 FPS vs 4090 133 FPS
  3. Red Dead 2 7900XTX 93 VS 4090 107 FPS .

This is just the FPS on their website Versus a few of the Sites that reviewed with the 5800x3d, and 7700X etc. Expect these to be about what to expect. Dont think its gonna change all that much from those unless they were doing something that they didnt state on the site which is possible as theyve done that in the past.