Are You For Or Against Guns?

I would think that it's okay to have a collection and for hunting but carrying it on the streets should be illegal 

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Well I really don't see my self ever owning a gun but if I wanted it'd be nice to have the option.

And besides no one is safer with a gun than a person who handles them regualrly.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I like our system here in sweden. Guns are only for hunting or target shooting. You are not allowed to carry them on the streets. And they must be locked up at all times
Unless you are going hunting or going to the gun range. And you are allowed to own fully automatic weapons if you are in a gun club that competes with them.

Criminals will always find ways to get their hands on guns anyways. But this makes it slightly more difficult.

I am thinking about joining a local club. So i think i might just be "for" guns. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Aren't you just a hero. What if no one had a gun to start with? People have had the mentality that if everyone has a gun everyone is ok. Hasn't worked out so far has it?

If a gun could be removed from he had of every person in the world then you point would be a valid one. The sad truth however is that is just a dream in the minds of the ignorant. And what about knifes, homemade guns, homemade explosives. Perhaps you remember the Boston bombing. Those bombs where made out of pressure cookers. Death will comtinue regardless. My point and the point of every other gun owner is take the guns away from the criminals not the law abiding citizens.

Really genius? The video has nothing to do with cops shooting civilians and everything to do with people killing people with firearms. That was the only message I was sending with the video. Who's the idiot again? You don't even have the common since to get a simple message in a video without someone spelling it out for you.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? This is a discussion on the second amendment. If you wanted to make a point on people killing people then get a video of that. Police officer however aren't just people. They are defenders of civilians.

As for you point on how a person who could potentially buy a gun before having a criminal record and then go harm or kill someone is a valid argument and one that needs a solution but let me ask you this. Keep in mind the is a metaphor. If one or even a thousand American children do something wrong the privilege is taken away. Are you saying it is right to take away the privilege of every other child who did nothing wrong?

It's not just insane people, it's angry people too, and vindictive people and so on. It's just too hard to restrict ownership to people who should have them. I don't think they need to be banned totally, but heavily, heavily restricted. If america spends 1% of what it does on it's military on mental health that would be a huge step. 

No I've never heard that phrase, maybe because people don't go on shooting rampages in my country? Because no one has guns that fire rapidly (not allowed semi automatic rifles, and handguns are only for competition shooting).

What are the chances of hitting someone from across a theatre when people are screaming and running in your line of sight. It's not ideal anymore. Sure, if it were you vs him I might back the idea of having weapons but no, there are always people caught in the crossfire.

I think you need to realise that in the rest of the first world there really aren't any guns, so there isn't gun violence and in turn no school yard rampages. I KNOW IT'S A CHICKEN AND THE EGG SITUATION. But I think it's time America left behind its childish obsession with guns. 

The minority (insane as you call them) spoil it for the majority. But it's for a greater good. 

Just because my country has the funds to "spend money on mental health" doesn't mean people will actually get better.

If you read about any of the mass shootings that happen here, nine times out of ten the friends and family of the shooter will say that the shooter was the nicest person, very sweet, but they just kept to themselves, and so on. They also add that they cannot comprehend why they would do such a thing. I'm heavily paraphrasing what they say, but it's the gist.

I don't live in your country nor do I know much of anything about it, so I couldn't tell you why no one goes on rampages there. However, it's an issue here and all the citizens can do is arm themselves.

What you don't realize is if we were to put a ban on every single firearm, street thugs, gang members, whatever you want to call them, will feel like they're kids in a candy store. There are not enough police to outnumber every single gang member who can get their hands on a firearm.

What are the gang bangers going to say? "Oh, they put a ban on guns? I guess we'll need to turn in these unregistered weapons..."

Since when do criminals follow laws?

There are no guns in the rest of the world? Are you for real? LOL. Where you live isn't the "rest of the world" bro. And 'Murica doesn't have a "childish obsession with guns" because children do not obsess with guns. We're obsessed with our rights as citizens of America - least some of us are. The sheeple will wake up soon (hopefully *crosses fingers*).

Just because my country has the funds to "spend money on mental health" doesn't mean people will actually get better.

If you read about any of the mass shootings that happen here, nine times out of ten the friends and family of the shooter will say that the shooter was the nicest person, very sweet, but they just kept to themselves, and so on. They also add that they cannot comprehend why they would do such a thing. I'm heavily paraphrasing what they say, but it's the gist.

I don't live in your country nor do I know much of anything about it, so I couldn't tell you why no one goes on rampages there. However, it's an issue here and all the citizens can do is arm themselves.

What you don't realize is if we were to put a ban on every single firearm, street thugs, gang members, whatever you want to call them, will feel like they're in a candy store in their city. There are not enough police to outnumber every single gang member who can get their hands on a firearm.

What are the gang bangers going to say? "Oh, they put a ban on guns? I guess we'll need to turn in these unregistered weapons..."

Since when do criminals follow laws?

There are no guns in the rest of the world? Are you for real? LOL. Where you live isn't the "rest of the world" bro. And 'Murica doesn't have a "childish obsession with guns" because children do not obsess with guns. We're obsessed with our rights as citizens of America - least some of us are. The sheeple will wake up soon (hopefully *crosses fingers*).

But banning guns make them a lot harder to come by full stop, but you're right, they can't be eradicated. There are still shootings here, but they are rare. Gangbangers kill each other, perfect example of natural selection, the dumb remove themselves from the gene pool. Maybe instead of banning all guns USA could ban assault rifles and handguns? Most common weapons on shooting rampages. People don't often use bolt-action rifles in rampages due to the time it takes to lift, then slide, return and lower the bolt. 

Of course, every cold blooded killer "Was a quiet boy" blah blah blah. 

I'm talking about other western nations, obviously gun violence is the worst in Somalia. As a child I had toy guns thinking they were the shit and I was Jack bauer. 

And I agree that innocent, law abiding citizens would be penalised by firearm restrictions, but that's the same with anything that gets banned. Or, like here the police could do random inspections on how firearms are stowed and secured, and rules placed on carrying them on your person. 

Edit: I'm interested to know, what does the "well kept militia" term in the 2nd amendment actually mean to you?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ASSHOLE???? This is a discussion on the second amendment. If you wanted to make a point on people killing people then get a video of that. Police officer however aren't just people. They are defenders of civilians.

See,see here we go again (shaking head ) I think you have a misperception of what people killing people is. Here genius, Cops shoot at people in the video, people shoot at cops in the video, people die in the video=( People killing people in the video ) hmmm seems pretty self exploratory don't you think? Oh, oh, wait Im talking to a person that cant comprehend very well but just wants to rant about his second adornment rights and how he can justify it.Either you are an internet troll that has no regards for other peoples opinions unless it is spot on with your thoughts and opinions or you have such low self of seem that you have to resort to carrying a firearm to protect your self from the big bad world., otherwise they are hmmm what was that word? Oh yeah "ASSHOLE" in all caps.

And you say crap about criminals lol, you might want to take a look in the mirror because from just the few time  you have talked to me, you easily fly of the handle and well since you are a big believer in guns and protecting yourself, there is a good chance you might end up being one of those people "criminals" with a record in the future , that you so like to point the finger down at. Keep on preaching your second amendment rights buddy, its getting you really far in life :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

But banning guns make them a lot harder to come by full stop, but you're right, they can't be eradicated. There are still shootings here, but they are rare. Gangbangers kill each other, perfect example of natural selection, the dumb remove themselves from the gene pool. Maybe instead of banning all guns USA could ban assault rifles and handguns? Most common weapons on shooting rampages. People don't often use bolt-action rifles in rampages due to the time it takes to lift, then slide, return and lower the bolt. 

I'm talking about other western nations, obviously gun violence is the worst in Somalia. As a child I had toy guns thinking they were the shit and I was Jack bauer. 

And I agree that innocent, law abiding citizens would be penalised by firearm restrictions, but that's the same with anything that gets banned. Or, like here the police could do random inspections on how firearms are stowed and secured, and rules placed on carrying them on your person. 

Edit: I'm interested to know, what does the "well kept militia" term in the 2nd amendment actually mean to you?

Don't look at this from some scientific standpoint. People have killed each other since forever ago. I'm not being a dick, but every time I see someone who's against citizens owning firearms and carrying concealed weapons, they almost always use some form of statistic and some weird scientific rationale. People kill people, it's that simple.

Putting a ban on any weapon will not solve anything, which was my point above. Putting a ban on any firearm we're already allowed to own is a kick to the nuts to the free people of this country, especially the war vets who fought and died for us to keep that right. I'll die before I let some statistic be the face of a law that puts a ban on firearms that we're allowed to own.

Yes, the media likes to throw in the introversion, video games and so on as some scare tactic. In high school, I was a quiet kid and I was accused of planning to shoot up the school by a few students in my automotive class. I just didn't feel like engaging in small talk and talking about sleeping with girls who have been with other nasty ass dudes already. So I kept to myself.

The 2nd amendment part that you're referring to is, in context "a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." It is simply a citizen's right to bear arms for protection of themselves and their country. From that, we have first, the military (citizens of the USA), police (citizens of the USA), and then just citizens of the USA who have the right to bear arms.

If you are for guns don't moan about school shootings.

I can moan about it because there should be security at every single public school instead of just teachers not being allowed to carry a concealed weapon. It's not the student's nor the teacher's fault that there are demented people in the world who like to kill defenseless people.

See,see here we go again (shaking head ) I think you have a misperception of what people killing people is. Here genius, Cops shoot at people in the video, people shoot at cops in the video, people die in the video=( People killing people in the video ) hmmm seems pretty self exploratory don't you think? Oh, oh, wait Im talking to a person that cant comprehend very well but just wants to rant about his second adornment rights and how he can justify it.Either you are an internet troll that has no regards for other peoples opinions unless it is spot on with your thoughts and opinions or you have such low self of seem that you have to resort to carrying a firearm to protect your self from the big bad world., otherwise they are hmmm what was that word? Oh yeah "ASSHOLE" in all caps.

And you say crap about criminals lol, you might want to take a look in the mirror because from just the few time  you have talked to me, you easily fly of the handle and well since you are a big believer in guns and protecting yourself, there is a good chance you might end up being one of those people "criminals" with a record in the future , that you so like to point the finger down at. Keep on preaching your second amendment rights buddy, its getting you really far in life  :)

So someone typing in all caps and being fierce toward is going to end up a criminal in the future? Lol. You sound like the cops who kill people and family animals in those popular Youtube videos.

Oh yeah "ASSHOLE" in all caps.

you easily fly of the handle and well since you are a big believer in guns and protecting yourself, there is a good chance you might end up being one of those people "criminals" with a record in the future , that you so like to point the finger down at. Keep on preaching your second amendment rights buddy, its getting you really far in life  :)

I removed like 1 minute later because I didn't want to disrespect your opinion even if I disagree with it. 

Also you think I'm a criminal who flies off the handle because I hit the caps button? LOL :)

It must be nice to tell so much about a persons personality through how they type.

I removed like 1 minute later because I didn't want to disrespect your opinion even if I disagree with it. 

Also you think I'm a criminal who flies off the handle because I hit the caps button? LOL :)

I appreciate that :) why I liked your post :D and just typing is not flying of the handle I thought from the start that we disagreeing with each other but kept it at a debate level was good, but when you do all caps on someone, that indicates that you are enraged by my thoughts and opinions. Something i was not during our little debate.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

There is something that does worry me, though. While you need a permit to own a gun in many places, the re-sale market is what is sketchy. Where I live, the only requirement you need to purchase a firearm off someone else is simply being a resident of the same state. Sure, you'd still need to get a permit to legally own it, but the act of buying the thing itself is way too easy. At least make it mandatory that the minimum requirement to buy a hand gun off someone else was proof of residence and to show them your gun permit. That's just common sense.

I don't see how anyone can argue against that without sounding like a fool.

I appreciate that :) why I liked your post :D and just typing is not flying of the handle I thought from the start that we disagreeing with each other but kept it at a debate level was good, but when you do all caps on someone, that indicates that you are enraged by my thoughts and opinions. Something i was not during our little debate.

Sorry if it came across like that. It wasn't anger it was incredulity. 

I do believe that the way we sell guns, give permits, ect does need to change as does the screening process. I do not believe however that the answer is taking guns away form law abiding citizens even if the do have the potential to become criminals. Though gun crime has gone down in the countries that have been removed (duh) violent crime has gone up. I don't want to live in fear of being mugged, assaulted, ect and not being able to defend myself. Now you might say take a knife and defend your self with that. No, in the NW where I live Seattle has a 3.5 inch carry limit. I have toothpicks bigger than that.

Sorry if it came across like that. It wasn't anger it was incredulity. 

Fair enough bro :)

Fair enough bro :)

Did you read the rest of the post?

I actually own a few guns and I am a really big hunter. I do own a AR-15 223 (love it and a fun little gun to play with), A lot of shotguns (mostly tactical since I do a lot of clay shooting), and a few various type of handguns from Glock, Colt, and Berreta. I grow up around them and learn gun stay when I was 8 when i got my first .22 but was only allowed to shot it when my father was around. At 10 I got my first shotgun, a Benelli Super Nova. I didn't own my first gun till I was 18.

Edit: Also here in Ohio it is an open carry state so you can carry a handgun out in the open on your hip to where everyone can see it, my dad does it everyday and so do a lot of other people in my town, but if you want to keep it hidden you will need a CCW to keep it in a purse, pocket or under your shirt.

The only reason why we have gun is because we had a few people try to brake in our garage a while back while we were sleeping and well, I also have guard dogs (English mastiffs), but the guys who broke in were caught by cops due to our silent alarm going off and motion cameras letting us know. You can never be too careful when people come out to the countryside to steal things.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Bolt action rifles can actually be cycled pretty fast. I'm sure someone pretty determined could do a lot of damage. It's just like how magazine capacity laws don't really do much because reloading can be done very fast.

With an AR-15, you could probably kill twice the number of people you could with a bolt action rifle easily, but the counter argument is that with a concealed pistol, someone could take out the spree shooter, and then he'd have killed a tenth the number of people.

Edit: straight pull bolt action has also been a thing for the last hundred years at least

People in the US don't want guns to be heavily regulated and registered because things will happen, like the army taking peoples' guns away after hurricane Katrina. If there's any time a gun would be good, it's in a disaster situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina#Confiscation_of_civilian_firearms

I also don't get how the whole well kept militia thing doesn't require that everyone have access to firearms. You can't have a well regulated milita to keep the governement in check if the government's regulating the militia.

Bolt action rifles can actually be cycled pretty fast. I'm sure someone pretty determined could do a lot of damage. It's just like how magazine capacity laws don't really do much because reloading can be done very fast.

With an AR-15, you could probably kill twice the number of people you could with a bolt action rifle easily, but the counter argument is that with a concealed pistol, someone could take out the spree shooter, and then he'd have killed a tenth the number of people.

People in the US don't want guns to be heavily regulated and registered because things will happen, like the army taking peoples' guns away after hurricane Katrina. If there's any time a gun would be good, it's in a disaster situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina#Confiscation_of_civilian_firearms

I also don't get how the whole well kept militia thing doesn't require that everyone have access to firearms. You can't have a well regulated milita to keep the governement in check if the government's regulating the militia.

That guy is off the chart though, usually us mere mortals fumble by not raising the bolt far enough upwards before trying to slide it back. 

Sorry but good luck with the well regulated militia against the Marine Corps, Army, Air Force and Navy against you. Weren't the militias for defending against external threats such as England to the united colonies?

There's nothing wrong with guns, they're just hunks of metal and plastic. 

The USA needs higher barriers of entry for gun ownership and access by the public.  And stronger storage regulations.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Firearm permits should only be given to people who are mentally stable, and are checked regularly (like once every 6 months do mental tests at a local police station or something). I'm for the guns, as it's been already said: people will kill people if they want to, whether it's done unarmed, with improvised weapons or actual weapons. Don't count on police (especially in rural areas, and certainly not where police corruption is common), as it just takes too long time to get to the crime scene. And mentally ill people can find a way to get firearms at black market, but not necessarily will. This varies a lot between regions.

Now some better laws when it comes to self-defense would be great. If you get mugged in the country where I live (really rare thing to happen around here btw), you can't do jack sh*t: police takes too long time, you can't legally hurt the offender unless he/she hurts you, and even then only equally. And by equal I mean something like this: offender kicks you in the stomach, you don't get injuries. You punch them in the face, offender's nose get's even a slightest injury, you get a bigger sentence / fines to pay than the offender. So choices are either get mugged and the mugger get's away with it, or you both get penalties, with a good chance of you getting a bigger one than the offender. Something is quite clearly wrong with the system.

This is just my (maybe a stupid) opinion.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

That guy is off the chart though, usually us mere mortals fumble by not raising the bolt far enough upwards before trying to slide it back. 

Sorry but good luck with the well regulated militia against the Marine Corps, Army, Air Force and Navy against you. Weren't the militias for defending against external threats such as England to the united colonies?

I'm sure if you practiced a reasonable amount, you could do it. I'm sure some desperate spree shooter would do that if we banned semi automatic rifles, or maybe he'd just stab everyone, like in China.

Yeah, I know. Remember when America went into Iraq and destroyed them so easily. Their AKs and IEDs were no match for out superior firepower.

Seeing as England was their government, it wasn't exactly the same as protecting against a normal External threat. Having the government regulate militias would have been the same as letting England regulate the militias.

Firearm permits should only be given to people who are mentally stable, and are checked regularly (like once every 6 months do mental tests at a local police station or something).

Mental health checks don't really work that well when you're not being honest. 6 months is also pretty extreme; the cost to the government would be massive. 

I don't see why so many people focus on the spree shooting aspect of this though. It's such a small portion of gun crime.

The USA needs higher barriers of entry for gun ownership and access by the public.  And stronger storage regulations.

The thing about storage regulations is that it prevents you from being able to use the gun in an emergency.

Barrier of entry is debatable. I'm not sure what they could do beyond a criminal record check to prevent criminals from getting guns.