Are You For Or Against Guns?

And this is why banning guns would be pointless.

Yup. Especially since a lot of people live on a border, just like me, that have easy access to guns. There's a black market for everything. So why not give people that aren't insane a chance at protecting themselves and others?

These quotes pretty much summaries how i feel on the matter.

Benjamin-FranklinGiveUpEssentialLiberty.

Would be rolling in his grave if he saw the PATRIOT Act.

The second amendment was written a long time ago when a gun was needed. i'm not against guns, but that law is outdated as fuck.  Back when they made it, I'm sure you did need a gun for self and home defense.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Yup. Especially since a lot of people live on a border, just like me, that have easy access to guns. There's a black market for everything. So why not give people that aren't insane a chance at protecting themselves and others?

Its funny how rarely news of people who saved lives with a CCP are reported. Yet gun crime news is all over the place.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The second amendment was written a long time ago when a gun was needed. i'm not against guns, but that law is outdated as fuck.  Back when they made it, I'm sure you did need a gun for self and home defense.

But feel safer when I sleep with a shotgun under my bed and a 9mm in my drawer.....

Its funny how rarely news of people who saved lives with a CCP are reported. Yet gun crime news is all over the place.

Society is based around bad things, thats how the government controls shit, says everythings bad, but really, for every bad story, theres 1000 good.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

And it's surprising how often it happens too. Even without firing a shot someone can disarm (pun intended?) the situation.

But feel safer when I sleep with a shotgun under my bed and a 9mm in my drawer.....

It's just not enough...

58043.jpg

I'm sure you did need a gun for self and home defense.

And you feel this need has changed? By the way home defense was never the point of the second amendment.

And it's surprising how often it happens too. Even without firing a shot someone can disarm (pun intended?) the situation.

It's just not enough...

58043.jpg

I'll take the big gun please.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Personally i'd like my 9mm under my pillow by that's just my opinion. :)

Against. Canada doesnt have them, and they are doing alot better than us. Even if you look at the homicide rate per 1000 people. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Personally i'd like my 9mm under my pillow by that's just my opinion. :)

Too lumpy. :(

Against. Canada doesnt have them, and they are doing alot better than us. Even if you look at the homicide rate per 1000 people.

there are to many unaccounted factors if you base the stats off of population alone. The economical differences play a large role here.

I used to be for guns, i live in the UK so unless your a farmer or a drug dealer. I have a whole story for why i'm now against guns:

So recently, last night/this morning recently, I went to a party and i was enjoying my self but some travelers came to cause trouble. They dragged one of my friends, we'll call her Barbra. So these Gypsies dragged Barbra out of this house and took her to an ally way and handed her a gun... They said if the don't kill this lad, we'll call him Peter, they'll kick 10 shades of sh*t out of her. So like i would she dumped the gun and did a runner, the Gypsies god very mad and shot her house up and came back down. They decided to do the dirty work them selves, so Paul, Steve and Bob (again fake names for the Gypsies) came back down. As you can probably gather sh*t just hit the fan. They came for Peter, they threw him out of the house the party was at and proceeded to beat him with a rock and a stick.

Paul and Bob had decided they had done enough (considering he was out cold) but Steve had another idea... He pulled out a piece from his jacket and pointed it right at Peter and pulled the trigger... *click* *click* *click* 

Obviously the police came, along with more police and a few more police with bigger guns. Luckily Peter didn't die but he is currently in hospital and is yet to wake up, apparently anyway i never really knew the guy.

So the moral of the story is don't let pissed up Gypsies handle firearms, or anyone over than the armed forces/the Police (but only if the scenario would end better with them).

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

It isn't a law, it's a guarantee of rights. The right to not only defend your property, but defend against the stripping of other rights - this where the abolition of tyranny comes in. Outdated it is not, we need it now more than ever.

So because it's outdated means it's meaningless?

FYI, if you haven't been paying attention, you still do need (I think anyways, based on all the crap that's been happening) a firearm for self defense and home defense. I bet you'll wish you had one if someone broke into your house armed with a weapon.

Please don't argue the whole "I don't need a gun to take down someone." Life isn't a movie or a video game. Criminals won't stop in place for a cinematic feel just to let you throw them against the wall to magically disarm their hand of the weapon they're holding.

And for God's sake, don't argue "just call 911". Lol.

there are to many unaccounted factors if you base the stats off of population alone. The economical differences play a large role here.

Sure, but it wouldnt matter if there were no guns. Anyone caught with one goes to prison rich or poor. There are two scenarios. One where there are no guns, and another where everyone has guns. Which scenario is it more probable (statistically) to have a firearm accidentally discharged, turned on innocents, stolen by children and brought to school, or pulled out at the slightest provocation at a given argument? 

Canada doesnt have those problems, thats why their homicide rate is DWARFED by that of the US per 1000 people. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Kinda missed the point, though I concede to second part. Do keep in mind that I haven't lived in Texas since I was 4 years old and have been back for around 2 years. Laws change and the Texas castle doctrine was put in place in 2007.

Every state does have individual laws, but even in Texas you can't just carry a gun so carelessly even if it is a bit too easy to get a hold of one. To be able to carry it on your person, that still requires a license to carry. Permit/license same flippin' thing. It's a piece of notarized document, no need to be a butt about technical labeling. My issue was that even though the law places the burden on the seller when it comes to legally possessing it, for the person who is buying, it's far too lax where the only requirement is residence. In theory, it still stands where person A puts has to take care of legal documentation where person B only has to state "I'm from Texas" and have this be sufficient.

Conceal carry still requires a license where if it's a firearm for use outside your property. The thing is, the person selling the gun doesn't know if this is someone protecting their home or some thug wanting easy access to a gun that requires no real credentials to purchase. My statement still stands where I'm not anti-gun, I'm anti-idiot when it comes to firearms.  In a way, this kinda reminds me of adult websites that have the disclaimer "Are you 18+" and anyone can click yes even if they are underaged. Same goes for guns in my state.Not everyone is a nut that will purchase a gun for malicious reasons, but hey. I guess a quick sale is better than making absolute sure that the person buying said gun is responsible.

Idiots like that really make all gun owners look bad.

I'm not being a butt about labeling. Carrying and owning are 2 different things. You don't need a permit or license of any kind to keep a loaded .45 in your car.

I'm going to hop out of this thread because I've had this debate countless times on other forums and I'm tired of the same nonsensical arguments.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Yes.  You call the police in an emergency.

I'm sure if you practiced a reasonable amount, you could do it. I'm sure some desperate spree shooter would do that if we banned semi automatic rifles, or maybe he'd just stab everyone, like in China.

Yeah, I know. Remember when America went into Iraq and destroyed them so easily. Their AKs and IEDs were no match for out superior firepower.

Seeing as England was their government, it wasn't exactly the same as protecting against a normal External threat. Having the government regulate militias would have been the same as letting England regulate the militias.

Mental health checks don't really work that well when you're not being honest. 6 months is also pretty extreme; the cost to the government would be massive. 

I don't see why so many people focus on the spree shooting aspect of this though. It's such a small portion of gun crime.

The thing about storage regulations is that it prevents you from being able to use the gun in an emergency.

Barrier of entry is debatable. I'm not sure what they could do beyond a criminal record check to prevent criminals from getting guns.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I also believe that guns are a cowards weapon. There is no honor in killing or injuring someone with a firearm. But there are those criminals without honor, and others that will stoop to their level to protect themselves

Where I live, enjoy that 20 minute response time. "When seconds count, police are only minutes away."

I also believe that guns are a cowards weapon. There is no honor in killing or injuring someone with a firearm. But there are those criminals without honor, and others that will stoop to their level to protect themselves

There's no honor in killing. Period.

Police have no duty to protect you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Rock_v._Gonzales

It's pretty disheartening to read that some of you would rather die than defend yourself over some "honor" bullshit.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Only a coward would give up his right to defend himself.