Are You For Or Against Guns?

It's not the 18th century any more. Things have changed drastically, both socially and psychologically. 

Freedom never changes.

It's not the 18th century any more. Things have changed drastically, both socially and psychologically.

true true but one would argue that these quotes are still highly relevant the sway of power and control are always in motion, effecting everything it touches.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

true true but one would argue that these quotes are still highly relevant the sway of power and control are always in motion, effecting everything it touches.

My point exactly. :)

There is something that does worry me, though. While you need a permit to own a gun in many places, the re-sale market is what is sketchy. Where I live, the only requirement you need to purchase a firearm off someone else is simply being a resident of the same state. Sure, you'd still need to get a permit to legally own it, but the act of buying the thing itself is way too easy. At least make it mandatory that the minimum requirement to buy a hand gun off someone else was proof of residence and to show them your gun permit. That's just common sense.

I don't see how anyone can argue against that without sounding like a fool.

Well first you'd have to learn the gun laws where you live. In Texas you don't need a permit to legally own a gun, for starters.

Some of the posts here remind me of the "Experiences with non-techies" thread. A lot of you have no effing clue what you're talking about.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Some of the posts here remind me of the "Experiences with non-techies" thread. A lot of you have no effing clue what you're talking about.

I can definitely understand that. I'd say I'm an enthusiast when it comes to computers or cars, and guns are kind of the same way, but I feel so strongly that they're part of a much more important issue (freedoms) that's becoming more relevant day by day that I probably come off as what some would label a "gun nut." Talking with people about it is difficult because I want to try and ease into it without seeming "nutty," but at the same time some of what they say is so illogical or incorrect that it's hard not to just eject myself from the conversation out of frustration.

Oh boy here we go...

So many things I could write here... things like this.

TOTALLY against. I don't see why a civilian would ever need one, and if the Yanks got rid of them they'd have a lot less problems. Maybe something like what Italy uses, where you need to pass a psychological test, and a gun competence test. 

For.

I'd like the law to allow me to shoot somebody who breaks into my house, Americans have that liberty in some states, I do not in my country and that bothers me.

If a thief breaks into my house I can use reasonable force to subdue him and call the police but I'm not allowed to kill him or use a deadly weapon ect, if the thief has a knife it could result in me being killed.

I feel like the US should be like the UK where their are no Semi-Autos unless your a police officer or some sort of law enforcement, and rifle should only be used for hunting / practice / sport. 

Although here in the US money does all the talking, government doesnt care if their getting paid. 

I hate when I hear people "OMG I want to move to the US it is such a great place" in reality its nothing like people say or on TV. 

I trust my country's police force to protect civilians. So no, I don't believe in civilians possessing firearms. Such freedom would only lead to chaos.

But what if the police force turns on G-pop.... what will we use to fight back? Rocks?

TOTALLY against. I don't see why a civilian would ever need one, and if the Yanks got rid of them they'd have a lot less problems. Maybe something like what Italy uses, where you need to pass a psychological test, and a gun competence test. 

I don't live in your country nor do I know much of anything about it, so I couldn't tell you why no one goes on rampages there. However, it's an issue here and all the citizens can do is arm themselves.

What you don't realize is if we were to put a ban on every single firearm, street thugs, gang members, whatever you want to call them, will feel like they're kids in a candy store. There are not enough police to outnumber every single gang member who can get their hands on a firearm.

What are the gang bangers going to say? "Oh, they put a ban on guns? I guess we'll need to turn in these unregistered weapons..."

Since when do criminals follow laws?

Well first you'd have to learn the gun laws where you live. In Texas you don't need a permit to legally own a gun, for starters.

Kinda missed the point, though I concede to second part. Do keep in mind that I haven't lived in Texas since I was 4 years old and have been back for around 2 years. Laws change and the Texas castle doctrine was put in place in 2007.

Purchase a firearm from an independent sale. It is legal to purchase a gun from an independent seller in Texas. The law states only that the purchaser must be legally able to possess a firearm, and that the purchaser must be a resident in the state of Texas.

Every state does have individual laws, but even in Texas you can't just carry a gun so carelessly even if it is a bit too easy to get a hold of one. To be able to carry it on your person, that still requires a license to carry. Permit/license same flippin' thing. It's a piece of notarized document, no need to be a butt about technical labeling. My issue was that even though the law places the burden on the seller when it comes to legally possessing it, for the person who is buying, it's far too lax where the only requirement is residence. In theory, it still stands where person A puts has to take care of legal documentation where person B only has to state "I'm from Texas" and have this be sufficient.

Conceal carry still requires a license where if it's a firearm for use outside your property. The thing is, the person selling the gun doesn't know if this is someone protecting their home or some thug wanting easy access to a gun that requires no real credentials to purchase. My statement still stands where I'm not anti-gun, I'm anti-idiot when it comes to firearms.  In a way, this kinda reminds me of adult websites that have the disclaimer "Are you 18+" and anyone can click yes even if they are underaged. Same goes for guns in my state.Not everyone is a nut that will purchase a gun for malicious reasons, but hey. I guess a quick sale is better than making absolute sure that the person buying said gun is responsible.

Idiots like that really make all gun owners look bad.

Rights vs. needs. Guns still needed in hands of the oppressors to remove them from the oppressed.

It's interesting to see views from other countries though, I don't usually have that privilege.  :)

But banning guns make them a lot harder to come by full stop, but you're right, they can't be eradicated.

Dude, I can drive 15 minutes, go to Juarez, and buy an AK-47, then drive back over the border. And no, the border patrol agents here aren't that smart either.

Dude, I can drive 15 minutes, go to Juarez, and buy an AK-47, then drive back over the border. And no, the border patrol agents here aren't that smart either.

Full Auto?

Full Auto?

Most likely, it's not like I've tried. Even if it's burst or semi, it's not hard to put on a bump fire stock or just pull the trigger fast.

Most likely, it's not like I've tried. Even if it's burst or semi, it's not hard to put on a bump fire stock or just pull the trigger fast.

To be honest burst fire mode makes ammo consumption more efficent and has more lethality than full auto, controlled bursts fired by a skilled shooter is extremely lethal.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm neither for or against.

In terms of protection though I think it's like a stalemate scenario. Imagine a device with a button on it that when pressed could kill the person it's pointed at, great, but everybody has one. 

When you take it out of context it seems pretty silly.

To be honest burst fire mode makes ammo consumption more efficent and has more lethality than full auto, controlled bursts fired by a skilled shooter is extremely lethal.

Or just go semi and place shots without having to worry about recoil for the next shot.

There's a guy that lives 15 miles away from me and he has 2 semi-auto AK-47s mounted to a turret thingy and he has a trigger system that pulls both triggers simultaneously to make it automatic. It's legal. LOL.

There's a guy that lives 15 miles away from me and he has 2 semi-auto AK-47s mounted to a turret thingy and he has a trigger system that pulls both triggers simultaneously to make it automatic. It's legal. LOL.

Dem pesky birds be ruinin' his day.

As for whomever put the .50 cal comment. I can see that being used. In Time Square. On New Years. Just watch.

I don't care what people own or do so long as they do not harm or disturb other people. Objects are not the problem, people are the problem and love is the answer. (sorry for sounding cheesy but it's just the way it is)

I don't care what people own or do so long as they do not harm or disturb other people. Objects are not the problem, people are the problem and love is the answer. (sorry for sounding cheesy but it's just the way it is)

And many people have come to that conclusion. Solution? Fix the freaking people.

Full Auto?

And this is why banning guns would be pointless.