Are You For Or Against Guns?

This is my baby. and yes its a .45 with a 5" barrel.

256r0qg.jpg

whos-awesome-dog.jpg

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Since i'm not going to watch a hour long documentary is it for or against?

This has nothing to do with whether people have guns or not, if a crazy ass person is going to kill a bunch of people, they're going to figure out how to get said weapon.

Well yeah, but can you kill more people more quickly with a gun or a knife? Why are gun rampages always more deadly and more frequent? There is next to no mental health support in America. People will kill people, but the amount of damage that can be done with a gun is more than a knife.

There was that incident in china where more than 20 people were killed by a bunch of guys with knives

Yep, a co-ordinated terrorist attack, wait, didn't a group of gunmen kill nearly 100 people in Africa recently? And how many mass stabbings do you know of?

Since i'm not going to watch a hour long documentary is it for or against?

Against gun control.

It shows how country after country after country disarms their citizens and then murders them all. I'll keep my guns, thanks.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Well, I'm in Australia, so the general public aren't allowed guns unless they have a license. 

Guns are detrimental to our social skills; consider this: 

Let's say two young people are in a fight. Party number '1' is the submissive one; the one being abused. Party number'2' is the dominant one; the one abusing party number '1'. Now, let's move this fight into America. Imagine that '2' has a gun pulled on '1'. How would '1' defend him/herself? Would '1' pull a gun out and have a standoff where both parties have guns pointed at each other? If one or the other is more stupid/daring and dares to fire, at least one person would get seriously hurt. Now let's move this fight into Australia. Both '1' and '2' don't have guns; let's say one of them has a knife instead. The other one could just run away. Not the case if you had a gun. You could just shoot them if they ran away. But, you could then argue that you could throw the knife. Well, a knife isn't very likely to penetrate a skull, is it? You would need to know how to throw a knife properly. Or, you could just talk. Talk to the other party and calm them down. That's what we do over here, so why can't you guys do it? I have already heard of so many cases of school shootings, or that cinema shooting. So many people killed. Yet there has been no action.

TL;DR: With access to guns, people can resolve a situation...differently to people that don't have access to guns. Mentally ill could do things that are very...damaging.

As I say in my other posts, I do realise I'm being very critical, and you can debate me on this, as I believe everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Please don't get butthurt about this, I'm just simply stating my opinion.

Sincerely,

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

The guns are only dangerous when the people who have them choose to make them so, don't be daft.

Yep and clearly people choose to make them dangerous. You missed my point, you can kill more people more quickly with a gun. A gun is less personal, you can stand 10 metres away and kill someone, with a knife you need the courage to be right next to someone. They are dangerous, because the minority use them to slaughter people, and that justifies the majority not being able to own them because there is no good and proven way to isolate the minority from the majority unfortunately.

As the saying goes, Guns are for pussies. Guns dont kill people, people kill people and that is were the problem lye's, irresponsible people thinking that they are bad asses with their firearms.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Yep and clearly people choose to make them dangerous. You missed my point, you can kill more people more quickly with a gun. A gun is less personal, you can stand 10 metres away and kill someone, with a knife you need the courage to be right next to someone. They are dangerous, because the minority use them to slaughter people, and that justifies the majority not being able to own them because there is no good and proven way to isolate the minority from the majority unfortunately.

Please watch the video I posted.

Guns are for pussies. 

???

I'm pretty much in-between. I love the mechanics of guns, ballistics, bows, and basically technology in general. In competition shootings and hunting, the skill shown by the shooters and firearms are enough to warrant the beauty that is human ingenuity. In a military and security perspective, well, that's where the grey field is. It's a question of do we really need them, do we really have to kill him, and did he really have to die? There are times when armed vs unarmed, police versus gangs carrying military-grade weapons, and militias with their own laws makes it difficult to say about whether firearms should be used or owned. Include the fact that black markets exist - if there's a buyer, then there's a product - or people being able to modify their firearms - you can turn an AR-15 civilian rifle to a pseudo M16 - and you'll see how difficult to judge.

Anyway, I think it's just stupid people who ruin things. That is, people who instead of funding mental help institutes are as much of a problem as idiots making a Ak-47, shooting it, and having stray bullets hit and kill people. Also, people who instead of helping to find and create jobs for people are as much of a problem as idiots who think that the world owes them something or that their way of thinking is the only way of thinking and decides that people should die or that infidels should suffer. While crime would still exist, if drugs like marijuana was legalized, then cartels would be limited since they can't make the huge profits they're making right now. Instead of having foreign fishing ships taking over regions, there would be less pirates who see kidnapping, hostage-holding, and stealing as their only way to survive since as local fishermen, they could not keep up with industrial fishing ships.

The world's a messed up place with everyone trying to fix it in some way. Just patchwork to keep the world from going insane.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

???

There is only two reasons someone should own a gun/firarms, Food (Hunting) and home protection, anything out side those lines, means only one thing.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

There is only two reasons someone should own a gun/firarms, Food (Hunting) and home protection, anything out side those lines, means only one thing.

I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with you there. The purpose of having guns is to prevent the uprising of a tyrannical government and that has always been the purpose of the 2nd amendment. This is why the founding fathers made the 2nd amendment. It was to prevent another Revolutionary War or to give use the means to protect ourselves if there was one. But I do agree that home defense and hunting are reasons to have them too.

I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with you there. The purpose of having guns is to prevent the uprising of a tyrannical government and that has always been the purpose of the 2nd amendment. This is why the founding fathers made the 2nd amendment. It was to prevent another Revolutionary War or to give use the means to protect ourselves if there was one. But I do agree that home defense and hunting are reasons to have them too.

What happened to just plan old street fighting, everyone now a days is so afraid of getting a bloody noise,black eye, bloody lip or a concussion that they resort to guns as the answer. At lest with your fist you have a chance to fight another day, but a bullet is a bullet and ends lives in a heart beat ( literally ) I fill that scared people use firearms to defend them self's and those are the wrong hands that a firearm need to be in.

What happened to just plan old street fighting, everyone now a days is so afraid of getting a bloody noise,black eye, bloody lip or a concussion that they resort to guns as the answer. At lest with your fist you have a chance to fight another day, but a bullet is a bullet and ends lives in a heart beat ( literally ) I fill that scared people use firearms to defend them self's and those are the wrong hands that a firearm need to be in.

Come on, ol' chap. We shall engage in a rousing event of rigorous violence and barbaric sport.

+_07761bad9f2e2bfde2d81cc872907ae3.jpg

Edit: I would also like to add that savateurs (savate practicioners) back in the day combined their art with cane fighting. Basically, you had guys back then who would beat you down with their boots, fists, and cane. It's like fencing, but with unarmed combat. Savate became a common art to learn back in the day in France because of all the civil unrest or something. So, while fist-fighting might be less dangerous than being shot in the head with a gun, blunt trauma can and will kill, sometimes unnoticed too. The bokken at times was more dangerous than a katana since you couldn't see the full internal damage with a bokken while you could see clean cuts from a katana.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Come on, ol' chap. We shall engage in a rousing event of rigorous violence and barbaric sport.

+_07761bad9f2e2bfde2d81cc872907ae3.jpg

LOL

I like how you think beating someone to death is less violent than shooting someone. :lol:

Also what happens if the other guy has a gun? 

I like how you think beating someone to death is less violent than shooting someone. :lol:

Hell yeah it's violent.

Sure, it's a video game, but CQC, like krav maga, is designed to combat situations involving firearms through quick take-downs, disarms, and if necessary, beat-downs.

Hey at least you have a fighting chance to survive right? with guns a couple of shoots and its over.I would rather take my chances with punching and kicking then a bullet.If there were no guns then you would have no choice but to endure real pain (which most if not all do not want to feel) it gets you to think before you act, but I also think that if guns were not around at least in this day and age, there would be a whole lot less of bad asses walking around with their chest puffed out.

Hey at least you have a fighting chance to survive right? with guns a couple of shoots and its over.I would rather take my chances with punching and kicking then a bullet.If there were no guns then you would have no choice but to endure real pain (which most if not all do not want to feel) it gets you to think before you act, but I also think that if guns were not around at least in this day and age, there would be a whole lot less of bad asses walking around with their chest puffed out.

I like my chances better if both of us have a gun rather than just him and if you don't think criminals will get gun illegally you're sadly mistaken. :(

I like my chances better if both of us have a gun rather than just him and if you don't think criminals will get gun illegally you're sadly mistaken. :(

So what you are saying is that you would rather take your chances like this (Pointing to the video), then to stand and fight like a real man if it came down to it? To each his own brother, I rest my case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIhQjfOYKk

Let reality sink in after watching the video

And then there is this ( points to the video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phAwudsFumg

lesson learned and alive to see another day.

Then to stand and fight like a real man.

LOL your an idiot. I watched the first one and that was police officers. We are talking about civil self defense. Also I could defend myself in a fist fight i would however rather have a gun. Also if guns were banned a criminal could obtain one illegally and I cannot defend myself against a man with a gun if I myself do not have one. Let that reality sink in. Also please stop with the real man crap.

please remember to vote everyone

I believe that one should have the rights to own a legal firearm for defense for themselves, or for their family. If one has no criminal record in the past, they should be allowed to own guns.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. 

COMIC SANS