What with Linus sexually harassing his employees? I mean if a bar manager talked to his female bartender like this, that person would be fired.

jerkwagon

I know Jake is ok and playing along with innuendo.  But its quite sad to see a CEO of company who prides themselves on how well he treats his staff. To openly sexually harass staff in his videos im pretty sure breaks any sort of "code of conduct " in their employment contracts..   I know he's quite immature and likes his fart jokes etc.  But I thought linus would have more class than this.. I Know this is going to turn into a flame war,  i mean theres no real defending him.  I mean theres video of it, and again my point is, if this happened in another industry or between a male and female, it would be unacceptable.  He should really lead by example, 

video for context.

Ryzen 5 -5600x

ASUS x570

EVGA 3080 XC3

4x8gb 3600 mhz XPG

2 minutes ago, 8tg said:

4A8FA538-5931-44F9-A02E-C68062C40A13.thumb.jpeg.2ee3ce19243c42f7f033e317692b0e16.jpeg

Exactly..We all know Linus is just keeping the seat warm for when James steps in to the CEO boots

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

It pains me to think there are people out there that think how people act in videos on youtube is how they act in real life where there are laws and police and lawyers and prisons.  Are people really that dumb?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

4 minutes ago, IAmNik said:

lol you call that acting? 

The Rocketeer is a fun movie.

acting.gif

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

The way I see it, it's like when you're just fucking around with your mates. In a group of really close friends these kinds of joke are not out of place or uncommon.

I do however agree it was out of place in the video. The employee boss dynamic doesn't just not exist on a video for us. Maybe it does for them, they ARE that good of friends. but hey...

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

2 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

It pains me to think there are people out there that think how people act in videos on youtube is how they act in real life where there are laws and police and lawyers and prisons.  Are people really that dumb?

Acting a certain way on YouTube and social media sites has caused people to be arrested also lol so that's not really a valid argument. If the "victim" comes forward and tries to press charges, the video/evidence is all the court will need. It's not a scripted TV show or a movie. It's a YouTube channel about computers and tech.

If you want to be an actor, then try out for some other roles.

5 minutes ago, lafrente said:

I thought linus was grinding on one of the guys or something.

Then I watched the video and saw that they are just making cheesy jokes. Lol

Wait that video is a pretty bad example... the joke is still cheesy but when Jake he was uncomfortable was in this other clip:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxyTM7xZK9TDdHUsBXz-TCdmcflHlAkYt2

They are both laughing it's fun among friends. But it's also been getting more and more ""explicit"" each video of them two xD

Edited by VicBar
Spelling

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

4 minutes ago, IAmNik said:

Acting a certain way on YouTube and social media sites has caused people to be arrested also lol so that's not really a valid argument. If the "victim" comes forward and tries to press charges, the video/evidence is all the court will need. It's not a scripted TV show or a movie. It's a YouTube channel about computers and tech.

If you want to be an actor, then try out for some other roles.

yeah but the 'victim' in this case shot back a reply that was probably worse than the initial statement from Linus XD

Just now, VicBar said:

Wait that video is a pretty bad exmaple... the joke is still cheesy but when Jake he was uncomfortable was in this other clip:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxyTM7xZK9TDdHUsBXz-TCdmcflHlAkYt2

They are both laughing it's fun among friends. But it's also been getting more and more blatant each video of them two xD

Yeah but both are playing along. The other guy said he doesn't wanna touch it while already touching it. I agree it's bit over the limit though for the viewer.

Its pretty obvious that theyre joking.
When you said it i thought it was something like him foing something weird in one of the house videos, but nope. Just him getting a network switch shoved in his face and him making a stupid joke about it

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Sexual harassment? Do you have an example?

However I think the innuendo and poop jokes are really immature for one of the largest channels on youtube, although I guess LTT is targeted at a younger audience nowadays  and its one of the reasons I rarely watch any of their content.

5 minutes ago, VicBar said:

Wait that video is a pretty bad example... 

This whole thread is such low effort trolling. Could have at least used the "six inches" bit from the ETU video with Sarah. People got bored with the bad-faith butthurt about Linus's piracy comments I guess and now we're on this. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

30 minutes ago, jerkwagon said:

I'm sorry, who was supposed to be harassing who in this clip? I'm seeing a bad joke/banter between friends. 

You have to wonder about the person who would make a thread like this with an example like that. 

Yikes.

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

This whole thread is such low effort trolling. Could have at least used the "six inches" bit from the ETU video with Sarah. People got bored with the bad-faith butthurt about Linus's piracy comments I guess and now we're on this. 

Linus saying "You have such a big ass - the cat." was worse lol

19 hours ago, Middcore said:

People got bored with the bad-faith butthurt about Linus's piracy comments I guess and now we're on this. 

Not surprising considering he never apologized for calling his viewers filthy pirates then doubled and tripled down on it and even decided to push merch with that bad take.

15 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

yeah but the 'victim' in this case shot back a reply that was probably worse than the initial statement from Linus XD

and thats why you gotta love it or hate it, I guess lol

46 minutes ago, jerkwagon said:

if this happened in another industry or between a male and female, it would be unacceptable.

Wanna come join mining? If that clip is offensive, I've got a whole different world for you. Female mechanics joking that they should be fixing anything because they're female. African Americans dropping the N word. 

I had a boss tell me earlier he needs to inspect my hose. 

If both people are joking back and forth, who cares? 

image.png.6f76970b072237dbb71b6f4917f606d9.png

2 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

lock?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

10 minutes ago, IAmNik said:

and thats why you gotta love it or hate it, I guess lol

I laugh at immature jokes, I just think it has an appropriate place, in tech videos constantly gets kinda old after a while.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

I laugh at immature jokes, I just think it has an appropriate place, in tech videos constantly gets kinda old after a while.

Totally understandable.

25 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Not surprising considering he never apologized for calling his viewers filthy pirates then doubled and tripled down on it and even decided to push merch with that bad take.

Oh, come down off the cross, bud, we could use the wood.

Also lol at your reversing course on the sexual harassment thing as soon as you remembered you were mad about the piracy thing.