What with Linus sexually harassing his employees? I mean if a bar manager talked to his female bartender like this, that person would be fired.

jerkwagon
1 hour ago, jerkwagon said:

I know Jake is ok and playing along with innuendo.  But its quite sad to see a CEO of company who prides themselves on how well he treats his staff. To openly sexually harass staff in his videos im pretty sure breaks any sort of "code of conduct " in their employment contracts..   I know he's quite immature and likes his fart jokes etc.  But I thought linus would have more class than this.. I Know this is going to turn into a flame war,  i mean theres no real defending him.  I mean theres video of it, and again my point is, if this happened in another industry or between a male and female, it would be unacceptable.  He should really lead by example, 

video for context.

If this is your best evidence?  You've got a hell of an uphill battle to make that stick.  

GOOD LUCK!

Am I the only one who finds it ironic this is coming from a person who's tag on the forum is "jerkwagon". 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

12 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

It pains me to think there are people out there that think how people act in videos on youtube is how they act in real life where there are laws and police and lawyers and prisons.  Are people really that dumb?

Certain times it can be hard to tell, more so when the line between acting and "real life" can become mixed up. As there is likely some videos that might have felt like it might have gone "too far", then again, would think they at least has something to say if they did want something edited out or removed.

At least they had fun with their roasting, how long ago it's been now since their roasting event.

not sure why this thread isn't* locked though, seems more focused on drama than a point or dicussion? unless the thread turns for something to discuss.

@jerkwagon The jokes are stupid, but that's the point. It's just some guys making dumb jokes. 

If anyone is actually uncomfortable, they can make a formal complaint, and Linus will back off, he isn't unreasonable. He also didn't mean to hurt anyone, and that is assuming he did. I have yet to find evidence of a "sexual" joke of his that wasn't met by laughter from either the cameraman, or the recipient of the joke. Plus, that cat did in fact have a large butt. Plus, we can be assured that Linus would never do anything like the jokes he makes to anyone (besides Yvonne, but that's not for us to discuss).

Just now, Quackers101 said:

Certain times it can be hard to tell, more so when the line between acting and "real life" can become mixed up. As there is likely some videos that might have felt like it might have gone "too far", then again, would think they at least has something to say if they did want something edited out or removed.

Plus, Linus isn't hostile towards his employees, they can tell him that it made them uncomfortable if it really did, but the uncomfortable looks we see are all part of the bit. 

OP needs to go work in the trades for a bit, that was very subdued compared to what you would hear out in a shop or somewhere like the oil patch. Lots of industries where this is tolerated, some of the dirtiest minded people I know are black suit and tie businessmen. It's all about reading the room and knowing who you're talking with. You can be foul mouthed and dirty around those who you know are equally foul regardless of what industry you're in.

For this, It's just two guys who have a chill working relationship. If either one of them have an issue with it then that's on them to deal with it. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Agree with what everyone else has pretty much said.  It's not really anything...it's just know about what someone is or isn't okay with.

People at my work know that I'm okay with any sort of language pretty much thrown at me in a joking manor but know that I'm not comfortable with touch.  It's just general office politics.  No need to get overly PC on this.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

15 hours ago, jerkwagon said:

I know Jake is ok and playing along with innuendo.  But its quite sad to see a CEO of company who prides themselves on how well he treats his staff. To openly sexually harass staff in his videos im pretty sure breaks any sort of "code of conduct " in their employment contracts..   I know he's quite immature and likes his fart jokes etc.  But I thought linus would have more class than this.. I Know this is going to turn into a flame war,  i mean theres no real defending him.  I mean theres video of it, and again my point is, if this happened in another industry or between a male and female, it would be unacceptable.  He should really lead by example, 

video for context.

Stop trying to start stuff where there is nothing going on. This was clearly a joke and nothing more. Mods should probably just lock this instead of allowing it to gain traction and turn it into something when there is nothing there.

4 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Stop trying to start crap where there is nothing going on. Like seriously get in on the joke or piss off, you're an embarrassment. Mods should lock and delete this troll garbage thats just trying to stir up problems where none exist. This is clearly two friends having fun and nothing more, if you cant see that than get an IQ test and go away.

Okay this is going too far. You're being more of an aggressor trying to stir things than OP ever was here.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I don't think there is any sexual harassment going on, but considering that it's a sponsored (to be fair, aren't they all) video I would expect, well... maybe not more professionalism, but I'd be more aware of the types of jokes being made. I get that it's in good fun and all but I found it more enjoyable when Linus would make fun of people for not cleaning their PCs / having equipment taken from work than the innuendos. For either men or women. 

Then again, I'm getting old. 

Edit: thinking on it more, it really all is pretty minor. I wish there was less of it, but again I think that's just because I'm getting old lol. Even having said all that, I really don't think there's any kind of sexual harassment going on, but I suppose that's more for the recepient of it to determine. 

Don't miss the greater happiness by being misled by minor sufferings

23 minutes ago, NephtisSeibzehn said:

I don't think there is any sexual harassment going on, but considering that it's a sponsored (to be fair, aren't they all) video I would expect, well... maybe not more professionalism, but I'd be more aware of the types of jokes being made. I get that it's in good fun and all but I found it more enjoyable when Linus would make fun of people for not cleaning their PCs / having equipment taken from work than the innuendos. For either men or women. 

Then again, I'm getting old. 

Edit: thinking on it more, it really all is pretty minor. I wish there was less of it, but again I think that's just because I'm getting old lol. Even having said all that, I really don't think there's any kind of sexual harassment going on, but I suppose that's more for the recepient of it to determine. 

Professional?  Have you seen any of the dbrand spots?

22 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Professional?  Have you seen any of the dbrand spots?

I don't expect corporate type of behavior at all (nor would I want that) but I'd expect a little more professionalism? given the size of LTT and its following I'd be a little more aware of what I say and do in the videos. Even so I feel the word professional might be too strong here. or even mature. maybe just... less juvenile? I dunno man. haha

Don't miss the greater happiness by being misled by minor sufferings

So, where is the sexual harassment part in the example? It's just two people joking. There was no direct physical contact, there was no direct verbal contact, it's just 2 people throwing mild jokes at each other during work, be it cheesy or not, it doesn't matter. When you're working with someone for 10+ years you joke about shit, especially when it's a young crew and not old stuck up one burdened with old fashioned business etiquette. They just happen to record it and post it. We do similar shit at work sometimes, but we don't record things. It's usually done with people you know to joke about such things. I never do it with people from other departments or with female coworkers, especially older ones. It's not hard to differentiate when it's a joke and when it becomes creepy or weird. Or when in doubt, just don't do it.

Also it's two guys that clearly know each other well and have worked together for long. I don't ever recall anyone being creepy or even sexual towards women in their team. Sarah was included in videos most often and I don't recall a single instance where it would imply sexual harassment, hell I don't even know anyone ever joking this way with her around. She might joke herself in few videos she made as main presenter, but I don't remember any instance of it.

And this is why I hate our current society and I've hated it for a while. It seems like some people are just looking for things to be offended about and are downplaying REAL sexual harassment by calling everything a "sexual harassment". When it actually happens, it basically has no meaning anymore because everything is sexual harassment, even most petty benign things.

Sexual harassment is making creepy unwanted sexual comments to a person (usually of opposite sex, but can be to same as well) or unwanted physical contact especially if it has sexual connotation (like grabbing female workers on thighs, touching their ass, rubbing at them or similar stuff etc). Touching them by private parts or breasts would be straight up sexual harassment or sexual assault as there is no grey area of definition. Some physical contact may not be sexual, but just physical contact that invades personal space, like unwanted hugging, placing arm around someone's neck, grabbing them on their shoulder. This isn't sexual harassment, but is invasion of personal space that's usually unwanted, especially in a workplace. Invasion of personal space is a very grey area that's usually not defined by any laws or rules, but may be unwanted. It generally doesn't leave any special trauma, but it's just weird when it happens.

So, there you have it. The example above was not a violation of anything.

*** Thread cleaned ***

Rules about keeping things on topic, backseat moderation etc. do stand. If you think this thread is not worth of your time, don't spend it typing reply to it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, IAmNik said:

Acting a certain way on YouTube and social media sites has caused people to be arrested also lol so that's not really a valid argument. If the "victim" comes forward and tries to press charges, the video/evidence is all the court will need. It's not a scripted TV show or a movie. It's a YouTube channel about computers and tech.

If you want to be an actor, then try out for some other roles.

There's no "victim" here. Stop making something out of nothing and mind your own business. This world is crazy enough and there are "real" "victims" that don't need this nonsense tarnishing their legitimate claims.

I would like to see people who falsely accuse people of illegal acts to be brought to justice.

Do they think LMG doesn't have an HR department that the CEO answers to as well , even linus said workplace laws in canada are wayyyyy more strict than in the US. Nothing that was an ACTUAL HR problem would ever make it to air. 

I wonder sometimes if anyone ever reads the posts/comments on this forum or just scans them for the first trigger word somewhere in the first sentence <sad lol>

Edit:

Oops, commented the wrong topic... oh well, I guess it can stay here too

it could be just content and scripted , very much like SNL and other TV comedy shows that are on TV , how it affects the  workplace politics is another issue 

CPU:  i7 9700K / CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4/Motherboard: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi/ RAM: 2 x Ballistix 8GB  DDR4

GPU:  ASUS ROG STRIX  RTX 2070 SSD:  ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe / HDD:  3TB WD 30EZRX

PC Case:  CM H500P Mesh White / PSU: Corsair RM850i -850w Gold  /Monitor :LG CX 55 + S27B970D

DAC: Audioengine D1 /Speakers : Focal Bird 2.1 /Headphones: Sennheiser HD 380Pro / B&W PX

PC Part Picker

8 hours ago, NephtisSeibzehn said:

I don't expect corporate type of behavior at all (nor would I want that) but I'd expect a little more professionalism? given the size of LTT and its following I'd be a little more aware of what I say and do in the videos. Even so I feel the word professional might be too strong here. or even mature. maybe just... less juvenile? I dunno man. haha

Again, have you seen any of their DBrand related spots?

10 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Okay this is going too far. You're being more of an aggressor trying to stir things than OP ever was here.

You know what, fair. I can admit I went to far, I was in a bad mood and took it out on OP. I still dont agree with them what so ever and hate that this thread exists but I was overly aggressive, Ill go and edit it

15 hours ago, jerkwagon said:

video for context.

I watched this video expecting to be appalled. All I saw was a joke between colleagues. I didn't get the feeling the so-called "victim" minded the joke at all, however immature it was.

This does NOT qualify for sexual harassment I am pretty sure. That would require Jake to have been offended. Although who knows these days. The fact that someone felt obliged to make a thread about it says a lot.

I have worked both in Europe and the US, and things are definitely a lot more PC in the US. Colleagues treat each other more professionally generally, but that also means there is less banter and meaningful interaction between colleagues. It seems like everyone has a filter on and nobody is acting like themselves or shares much about their personal lives.

I prefer the European way, and perhaps Canada is more like Europe than the US in this respect?

34 minutes ago, maartendc said:

The fact that someone felt obliged to make a thread about it says a lot.

Not really, ever since the "piracy" comments he made, people have been looking for reasons to gang up on Linus.

It'll continue for a while. 

18 hours ago, jerkwagon said:

To openly sexually harass staff in his videos im pretty sure breaks any sort of "code of conduct " in their employment contracts.. 

Your like the person to call police on someone jaywalking an empty street..

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

This cannot be real. This is such an unbelievably stupid and bad faith argument to make. You have the gal to say some absolute BS and then say "There is no defending him." What is wrong with you? Number one, that's a logical fallacy. You can't just say something is the way it is and then magically wave a wand away to discredit any and all future opposing arguments and just say you're right. That's not how this works. Number two, you don't have any context for what you are saying and are making assumptions based on a video without any BTS knowledge. And other people here are agreeing with this take. It's absolutely disgusting. All you people saying "oh he should be more professional." Why? I don't get it. That's exactly what he's trying not to be in these videos. He's trying to kind of be himself and interact with his employees and most of them seem to be his friends. You want him to become a corporate drone or something? That's so weird. And others are saying "oh it doesn't matter that they're friends because he has power over them." Another stupid argument. That would be like saying if I made a company with my friends and they just happened to work under me with the way the company was organized that they should stop seeing me as a friend and that they mUSt fEaR mE bECaUse pOweR dYnaMicS and that we couldn't screw around and have fun like we used to. All these arguments are absolute garbage. This has been the dynamic presented in these videos since basically forever. That may not be a justification but it is a precedent. This is the first time I'm even seeing this absolute gigachad rager of a bad take being brought up and it's from an outsider who knows nothing of the inside, making assumptions and taking something way too seriously. And I'll even admit, I don't like some of the humor in these videos. I do find some of it nauseating. But it's not up to me. It's not my decision. I don't have any power and why would I? The reason I'm so mad about this is that these are serious accusations to throw around in today's day in age and to type this out based on something like this is detestable. And some megamind of a person in the comments above or below even said oH YoU wANt tO aCT tHen dOn'T mAKe tEch vIdeoS. dO acTiNg iNSteAd. I don't think that even needs arguing against to explain why it's so stupid. The idea that you can't do two things at once and if you ever want to act a tiny bit as an imagined caricature then you have to go to Broadway is so mindbogglingly stupid. The idea that a YOUTUBE VIDEO should only ever be one thing and one thing only is just a bad take. I don't care if LTT is a company. At the end of the day, these are still just YOUTUBE VIDEOS. Acting like you can only do one type of thing in a youtube video is contrary to everything seen on the platform since its inception in 05. 

Edited by ChildTaekoRebel

33 minutes ago, ChildTaekoRebel said:

This cannot be real. This is such an unbelievably stupid and bad faith argument to make. You have the gal to say some absolute BS and then say "There is no defending him." What is wrong with you? Number one, that's a logical fallacy. You can't just say something is the way it is and then magically wave a wand away to discredit any and all future opposing arguments and just say you're right. That's not how this works. Number two, you don't have any context for what you are saying and are making assumptions based on a video without any BTS knowledge. And other people here are agreeing with this take. It's absolutely disgusting. All you people saying "oh he should be more professional." Why? I don't get it. That's exactly what he's trying not to be in these videos. He's trying to kind of be himself and interact with his employees and most of them seem to be his friends. You want him to become a corporate drone or something? That's so weird. And others are saying "oh it doesn't matter that they're friends because he has power over them." Another stupid argument. That would be like saying if I made a company with my friends and they just happened to work under me with the way the company was organized that they should stop seeing me as a friend and that they mUSt fEaR mE bECaUse pOweR dYnaMicS and that we couldn't screw around and have fun like we used to. All these arguments are absolute garbage. This has been the dynamic presented in these videos since basically forever. That may not be a justification but it is a precedent. This is the first time I'm even seeing this absolute gigachad rager of a bad take being brought up and it's from an outsider who knows nothing of the inside, making assumptions and taking something way too seriously. And I'll even admit, I don't like some of the humor in these videos. I do find some of it nauseating. But it's not up to me. It's not my decision. I don't have any power and why would I? The reason I'm so mad about this is that these are serious accusations to throw around in today's day in age and to type this out based on something like this is detestable. And some megamind of a person in the comments above or below even said oH YoU wANt tO aCT tHen dOn'T mAKe tEch vIdeoS. dO acTiNg iNSteAd. I don't think that even needs arguing against to explain why it's so stupid. The idea that you can't do two things at once and if you ever want to act a tiny bit as an imagined caricature then you have to go to Broadway is so mindbogglingly stupid. The idea that a YOUTUBE VIDEO should only ever be one thing and one thing only is just a bad take. I don't care if LTT is a company. At the end of the day, these are still just YOUTUBE VIDEOS. Acting like you can only do one type of thing in a youtube video is contrary to everything seen on the platform since its inception in 05. 

I don’t think it necessary to defend LMG here.   LMG is a big kid now, and Canada generally has strong worker rights. If there’s a legitimate problem, it will be dealt with. Employees have avenues to express their grievances if necessary. Otherwise, life goes on.  I don’t think it our place to intervene, one way or another. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…