What with Linus sexually harassing his employees? I mean if a bar manager talked to his female bartender like this, that person would be fired.

jerkwagon

This is waste of your time and energy. You don't get to make the decision that someone else is a victim of a crime.

Seriously, at this time and date someone really thinks business in 7-8 number revenue runs a YouTube channel which is their main product like a bunch of 14 years old ADHD kids?

Like seriously, have you people never watched ANY of the more behind the scene videos or videos where Linus talks about how LTT video is made and who is in their team?

They have writers, in plural, every video is scripted (livestreams aren't fully scripted but as with the WAN show, they do have the body scripted out as in what are the main topics, sponsors and Linus and Luke have researched into them so they can actually have meaningful conversation about them), the Linus on the video isn't the Linus after family dinner sitting down to his chair to watch the news but Linus as an actor and not only there is Linus checking every script before filming the video but there's the editors, again in plural, and most likely the writer and Linus checking the final video before it is published. It's professional video production which includes acting, if you can't tell that much, you probably should go and check which part of the spectrum you belong. No offense meant, but if you cannot tell if someone is acting in a professionally made video that isn't made to be something else than it is, you probably have some personal things to figure out.

And we aren't even talking about something like Big Brother (which is scripted, surprise and sorry if I broke your fantasy) or any other "reality TV" series that tries to depict real-life (which again, are quite often scripted and dramatized for your viewing pleasure). We are starting to talk about same level of clown world as when people hate movie/series actors because the character they played in movie/series is the bad guy (see Jack Gleeson and Joaquin Phoenix for example how absolutely imbecile viewers can be).

I am not saying there isn't sexual harassment in the world, I am just saying Linus isn't that stupid (read: retarded) he would upload multiple videos of himself ACTUALLY sexually harassing his employees to his business YT channel without the almost 15M viewers hearing about it from someone else involved. Just imagine what that would be when there has already being false flag on Linus from a person who's own YT channel at that time wasn't doing quite well (it was completely unmonetized at the time for them doxxing certain other person for reasons).

46 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

Seriously, at this time and date someone really thinks business in 7-8 number revenue runs a YouTube channel which is their main product like a bunch of 14 years old ADHD kids?

Like seriously, have you people never watched ANY of the more behind the scene videos or videos where Linus talks about how LTT video is made and who is in their team?

They have writers, in plural, every video is scripted (livestreams aren't fully scripted but as with the WAN show, they do have the body scripted out as in what are the main topics, sponsors and Linus and Luke have researched into them so they can actually have meaningful conversation about them), the Linus on the video isn't the Linus after family dinner sitting down to his chair to watch the news but Linus as an actor and not only there is Linus checking every script before filming the video but there's the editors, again in plural, and most likely the writer and Linus checking the final video before it is published. It's professional video production which includes acting, if you can't tell that much, you probably should go and check which part of the spectrum you belong. No offense meant, but if you cannot tell if someone is acting in a professionally made video that isn't made to be something else than it is, you probably have some personal things to figure out.

And we aren't even talking about something like Big Brother (which is scripted, surprise and sorry if I broke your fantasy) or any other "reality TV" series that tries to depict real-life (which again, are quite often scripted and dramatized for your viewing pleasure). We are starting to talk about same level of clown world as when people hate movie/series actors because the character they played in movie/series is the bad guy (see Jack Gleeson and Joaquin Phoenix for example how absolutely imbecile viewers can be).

I am not saying there isn't sexual harassment in the world, I am just saying Linus isn't that stupid (read: retarded) he would upload multiple videos of himself ACTUALLY sexually harassing his employees to his business YT channel without the almost 15M viewers hearing about it from someone else involved. Just imagine what that would be when there has already being false flag on Linus from a person who's own YT channel at that time wasn't doing quite well (it was completely unmonetized at the time for them doxxing certain other person for reasons).

So if I'm reading this correctly.

Linus in front of 'youtube' camera = Actor Linus

Linus in outtakes and other shots in front of camera = Real Linus

Your argument basically doesn't work, because in both cases he puts up a show.

I have said multiple times that I don't believe Linus does any of that, but those are assumptions. Just like yours btw.

Hence why I also said that it's tricky with him being the CEO, because again, the feeling of harassment doesn't mean it actually happens, it's a feeling.

You can argue it's all scripted, but it's not, plenty of it isn't, especially not the WAN Show, this is natural Linus. Natural Linus makes these jokes, it's how his brain works. It's why many of us enjoy watching him, because humour fits that of us 'nerds'.

You can say that the WAN show is also just for show, just like the other ones are, but I don't believe he doesn't make any of these types of jokes, or laughs at them, when the camera isn't rolling.

I'm not saying he does this in job performance interviews, or anything like that, but I'm sure he cracks a few jokes here and there.

My argument is, and will stay so, that the way that he is as CEO, (and he has proven again and again that definitely doesn't always think about what he says, warranty just being the latest) it makes the relationship between him and employees quite personal, which is can be absolutely great, but with the massive drawback that when either he or like upper management (people he is friends with/worked with a long time), it is hard to go to him, because things are so personal. Hence I said he should get an HR person.

Every positive has a negative, and this is the negative for him.

Oh and remember, it wouldn't even need to be sexual harassment, it can be regular harassment, other conflicts etc.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:46 PM, Blademaster91 said:

Sexual harassment? Do you have an example?

However I think the innuendo and poop jokes are really immature for one of the largest channels on youtube, although I guess LTT is targeted at a younger audience nowadays  and its one of the reasons I rarely watch any of their content.

Yet here you are... 

3 hours ago, Matt Weed said:

Yet here you are... 

I think you will find that a LOT of people here either don't watch LTT anymore, or watch very little LTT, it's not a requirement of being on this forum.

Also how did this topic turn to women being Sexually harassed? wasn't this about jokes made to Jake, who last i checked, is a guy?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

So do you have thin skin and are easily offended?  Put down the tin foil hat bro, everything is fine.  Iv never seen real sexual harassment, if you even know what that is.  I doubt it.

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz

On 4/12/2022 at 9:26 PM, DANK_AS_gay said:

Here is the thing. Some people, like Jake, and myself (and I have Aspbergers... What does that make you?), can tell that what Linus is saying is a joke. Jokes, especially the ones that are mildly sexual in nature, and are not explicit, are just that, jokes. Linus saying, "I've got a raging server" is a joke. Linus saying, "let me screw you in the a$$ and I'll give you a raise"(NOT A REAL QUOTE) is clearly not. Even if the second was a joke, it would be in poor taste. When I hear "sexual harassment", like all other normal people, I think of sexual harassment. i.e. Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein sort of stuff. Inappropriate touches, getting too close too often, constantly talking about how sexy someone's body looks, despite pleas to stop, that's sexual harassment. This is none of those things. If there is sexual harassment BTS, again, in Canada they have way more protection from this sort of thing. They can get out if they want. Clearly they don't.

What I'm saying is, there is no reason to brigade this issue any longer. It has been shown time and time again that you are wrong, yet you persist. Why? Why are you fighting for people who do not care, and have no idea that they are being "saved" from "sexual harassment" by a white knight on the LTT forums who has no say in the matter.

In repsonse to the OP and also what you have said here DANK, Making sexual innuendos and making jokes that are harmless in nature and not directed at anyone in particular is not sexual harassment. Also, the video in context in the original video is pretty damn funny. Yes, it was sexual in nature but it was something that was taking out of context and in the moment. It is like joking with your bros. 

Also, another thing. These videos are EDITED BY OTHER PEOPLE! If there are issues, then why is it allowed in the video? It isn't like these videos are not reviewed several times before they are pumped out. 

Maybe there is a culture of indifference going on here but if there was an issue Yvonne would actually take course. Furthermore Linus is the kind of person who would take action to change or stop doing something if it was going to cause others issues. Sure, he can double down on things and be hard headed, but he is human and he does care. 

Also, he does run a business and there are ways to report things within a business that is anonymous. 

Anyways I have said my 2 cents. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I don’t see any harassment.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

I am amazed by how many people don't get the OP was joking. 

Reading over this thread here is my impression.  The first thing to know is that the LTT we see in videos is only a partial projection of what the actual company is like. Looking over the LMG staff page I count, and could be wrong as I am just quickly eye balling. I see 12 non White staff, and 8 women out of 64 people listed there.    

Who the on camera personalities are is likely a reflection of the fact that they are who generates the views plus the social networks that Linus and Luke would've had.  You know being Canadian White males most of the people they'd know would be Canadian white males.  His other even closer friend and connections and familiarity he'd have with her people at least partially explain the majority minority group among LMG staff. 

My impression from a great distance is that LTT is not likely an outwardly sexually charged or discriminatory place.  However, as a product of the culture it exist in, and of the social networks of the people who started it, some of the imbalances* of American ** society are replicated within it.   Such larger trends will also influence who will trust technical information from.  IT's not a coincidence that with ONE exception the tech tube space is very White and male.  When Youtube is global.   

LTT's just a reflection or a microcosm of that larger reality. 

LMG is doing it's best which is all we can really expect or ask.   In short, IF the people there are OK with it none of us should have a problem. 

*Perhaps to some degree stereotypes in the society that steer Black and Brown people  and all women away from STEM or science and tech.  In the US for example in the 90's if you were into STEM you were Urkel. No one of any color wanted to be him. 

**American as in reference to those things common to all of North America and South America.  Certain things were done to groups of people that echo into the present day in every country here. 

5 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

I am amazed by how many people don't get the OP was joking. 

*snip*

It sure didn't come across that way and it is clear as to how it was directed nor written. It comes across rather accusatory. That seems to be what others feel in this thread as well. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

29 minutes ago, Pickles von Brine said:

It sure didn't come across that way and it is clear as to how it was directed nor written. It comes across rather accusatory. That seems to be what others feel in this thread as well. 

I get that. The first post in the thread still seemed more sarcastic and jokey to me.   The issue is such a serious one that ... people take it seriously.  

Looking at the hard numbers.  All things being equal LMG would be half women.  It is interesting  that there are not more women.  Is that because of a homoerotic joke by Linus from time to time?  Maybe a little.  It would be much more because our society thinks of being in to technology as a guy thing.   That is a issue WAY beyond the ability of a single small company to address. 

I just found this thread.

There are srsly 5 pages of people talking about this? What? xD

*** Thread locked ***

I had one cleaning message on page 2 already stating the facts about off-topic. I guess some people never learn....

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv