Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Community Standards

colonel_mortis

1 minute ago, IsaacisWeeb said:

Im confused with this so are older memebers Above the Rules?

Everyone on the forum follows the same set of rules.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Everyone on the forum follows the same set of rules.

So what leapfrog was saying is false?

1 minute ago, IsaacisWeeb said:

So what leapfrog was saying is false?

They were making a joke

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, IsaacisWeeb said:

Im confused with this so are older memebers Above the Rules?

it a /j (see below)

On 10/26/2021 at 10:05 PM, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

So legendary members such as myself are obviously excluded to most of these rules correct, such as links in signatures and allowed referral links? I mean I am practically a founder around these parts. Most of these are meant for the "noobs" of the forums so to speak? /s (originally edited by @LogicalDrm)

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

I'm an older member than you.... so err no. 😛 (In response to @LeapFrogMasterRace)

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below 

1. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not die, but have eternal life."

2. Coffee

3. ok...Linus Tech Tips

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have a quick rules question that I couldn't find an answer to anywhere. The company I work for is currently hiring, and I was curious if we could post the position here on LTT. Without going into too much detail, it's an IT position in the gaming industry, so naturally LTT came to mind immediately when I was asked to help find someone.

Would this be allowed? If so, please let me know what forum would be most appropriate for it and/or if there's anything you'd like from us in terms of making sure we're legit or reviewing the post before it goes up.

Thanks

1 hour ago, JerkyElk said:

This would fall under the Advertising header- so no.

• 1 month later...

Since no one answered in MOTF, I'll bring it here

Is the discussion of AdBlocking prohibited on this forum now since Linus said it's piracy?

As in, are we allowed to teach people how to remove ads on their devices?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Is the discussion of AdBlocking prohibited on this forum now since Linus said it's piracy?

There has not been discussion on that. So falls down to same category with emulation, jailbreaking, hackintoshes and youtube downloaders. Until there comes harsher ruling.

So in that sense, it also falls down to what Linus does on other platforms doesn't always directly effect forums. Be it talking about politics/taking stance on something or endorsing devices that include pirated stuff.

And, you can whitelist sites with adblocks. So you choose to block ads on sites that fund content creation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, Moonzy said:

What @LogicalDrm said is correct, but to put a finer point on it, talking about adblocking is fine, and we have no current plans to change that.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 7:44 PM, LogicalDrm said:

And, you can whitelist sites with adblocks. So you choose to block ads on sites that fund content creation.

Made me unblock this website, thanks!

Recently formatted the pc and i keep forgetting to ad this to the whitelist, thanks again 🙂

Now to find an adblocker that have a whitelist feature for youtube channels ^^

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

Rainbøw: ASUS TUF B550-PRO | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x MasterLiquid ML360R RGB | MSI GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti SUPRIM X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB DDR4 (2x 8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WDBLACK SN850 500GB | Kingston A2000 1TB | Samsung EVO 850 500 GB | Samsung EVO Pro 850 250 GB | Lian Li O11DW Dynamic | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7 240hz/1ms, ACER Predator XB271H A 144hz/1ms

Server: AMD Ryzen 1700 | ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming | Corsair LPX DDR4 2x4GB 8GB 2400MHz & Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RGB 2x8GB 16GB 2400MHz 1.25v | ASUS ROG STRIX RX 560 | Intel 660p 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 256GB SSD

Steam Profile Value est; (SteamDB)
Value: 46459 kr (11784 kr with sales)
Games owned: 554
Games played: 319 (57%)
Hours on record: 9,076h

Maybe getting new rims for my V70 will change my mind on keeping it🤔

Do community guidelines apply to content posted or linked by LTT?

I feel like if a member made a thread about jailbreaking a device and included links to an outside site instructing how to do it that would probably fall under the bypassing device security/restrictions and be culled, no? The LTT video posted includes a link to the channel who's videos have links to websites that I'm fairly certain would not be permitted to be directly linked on the forums. Are degrees of separation what make this kind of gray area permissible?

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Do community guidelines apply to content posted or linked by LTT?

I feel like if a member made a thread about jailbreaking a device and included links to an outside site instructing how to do it that would probably fall under the bypassing device security/restrictions and be culled, no? The LTT video posted includes a link to the channel who's videos have links to websites that I'm fairly certain would not be permitted to be directly linked on the forums. Are degrees of separation what make this kind of gray area permissible?

LMG videos are not held to the same guidelines as other content on the forum, because LMG make their own judgements on ethical grey areas that are harder to enforce across the whole site (for example, we want to avoid receiving takedown notices from companies, and that risk can only really be judged on a case-by-base basis).

Jailbreaking is definitely on the less clear end of the spectrum here - the main purpose of that rule is to stop people from saying "how do I bypass this school web filter" and stuff like that. While LMG would still be allowed to post a topic about a video about how to bypass school web filters, the expectation is that they won't make videos about that because they are aligned with us on what content is ok.

HTTP/2 203

32 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

LMG videos are not held to the same guidelines as other content on the forum, because LMG make their own judgements on ethical grey areas that are harder to enforce across the whole site (for example, we want to avoid receiving takedown notices from companies, and that risk can only really be judged on a case-by-base basis).

Jailbreaking is definitely on the less clear end of the spectrum here - the main purpose of that rule is to stop people from saying "how do I bypass this school web filter" and stuff like that. While LMG would still be allowed to post a topic about a video about how to bypass school web filters, the expectation is that they won't make videos about that because they are aligned with us on what content is ok.

Got it.

• 3 weeks later...

Does the piracy rule also apply to tlauncher?

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

1 hour ago, Indian pc builder said:

Does the piracy rule also apply to tlauncher?

If this part of their site is correct, no

To run the game, you need a purchased license from the official site minecraft.net

If it aids in running game without owning it, then it's piracy. The rule really is quite simple.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

If this part of their site is correct, no

If it aids in running game without owning it, then it's piracy. The rule really is quite simple.

I just took a look at it,It is 100% piracy.

The website may present it in a way that makes it look innocent but the bottom line is that they let you download and launch a paid game of someone else without paying a cent.

I recommend censoring the name of the launcher since it can be used to download it (fact is i found it because the name was mentioned).

It's like someone is mentioning the name of a piracy website instead of a link,but the end result is that both lead to the same web page.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4.1GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1349cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566