POSTING GUIDELINES - Please read before posting

Whaler_99

The Member Reviews section has additional guidelines from the Community Standards that members must follow when posting. These guidelines are subject to change without notice.

General

1 - This section is NOT for sponsored or otherwise endorsed items/material. These reviews are by members for members on products they own/use and are their own, unbiased review of the product. They are not for product placement or advertising. In particular, you cannot review products that were sent to you by the manufacturer for free in return for a review.

2 - You are welcome to review pretty much anything, within reason, and it is not in violation of the Community Standards (don't review a gun for instance).

3 - The primary goal of your review is a written/photographic article of a product or service. If you want to include a video, please see the additional items below.

4 - The review should be yours with original content and not a copy/paste of marketing material, for the most part.

Video Specific

The posting of video reviews are allowed given the following additional items:

1 - The focus of the video is on reviewing a product or service. This requires original input. This is your video.

2 - The video is only to complement your complete, written review on the site. You cannot simply post a video.

3 - Subscribes or likes are mentioned a maximum of once throughout the video. Member reviews are not a chance for you to advertise your own channel.

4 - Video does not contain advertisement (similar to the style of LTT ads).

Failure to comply with guidelines may result in your thread being locked or removed, along with the possibility of warning points being assigned.

These guidelines are subject to updating and/or change without notice.

Edited by colonel_mortis
Clarify sponsored content section

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Could you add "make sure your post is formatted with Automatic Font" to the rules?

k thnx bae

(hint: switch to night mode and read your post)

I feel the gun example is a weird one. Sex Toys would be a good example. Gun? Not getting that one myself, but I haven't seen the CoC in a while. >goes to read it again

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thank you for clear and very concise guidelines. It helps A LOT honestly since I post here from time to time :)

My video was taken down despite following these guidelines. Can I put it back up?

If it follows these guidelines, yes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Thank you for finally posting these guidelines - though my videos may yet get ruled out since I often run ads.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Dark Theme Fail, I am disappointed........ :P

No really it is a good read and I am glad you put this up but it is hard to read. Thanks.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Again, for Dark Theme users, Use the Fix!

Sorry, I meant to lock this thread to start with. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99