Community Standards

colonel_mortis
4 hours ago, AWFordJr said:

Why does "No" ever need an explanation? Its still no, no matter why... Without rules there is chaos.

In case of our rules, any addition after "no" is to expand/clarify where the line is. If you haven't ever been in situation where you are in administration or housekeeping role, it may be harder to understand why such is needed. And even now, we constantly get "but it's not explicitly said" arguments when members get slapped.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I got a question, are there any enforcement about throwaway accounts like people do on reddit? I am starting to see hot takes from accounts just joined forums to post steaming shit.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

57 minutes ago, Levent said:

I got a question, are there any enforcement about throwaway accounts like people do on reddit? I am starting to see hot takes from accounts just joined forums to post steaming shit.

What exactly is the problem here? That they're a new member or that you don't like what they posted?

Creating multiple accounts or trolling is not allowed;

• No trolling or flame-bait.
  • Only one account per person, except with explicit permission from forum staff.

But there is a difference between trolling and just posting something you disagree with or something you think is dumb. We don't ban people just because they're new to the forum or because you think their opinion sucks. If you don't want to see their posts add them to your ignore list.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What exactly is the problem here? That they're a new member or that you don't like what they posted?

Creating multiple accounts or trolling is not allowed;

• No trolling or flame-bait.
  • Only one account per person, except with explicit permission from forum staff.

But there is a difference between trolling and just posting something you disagree with or something you think is dumb. We don't ban people just because they're new to the forum or because you think their opinion sucks. If you don't want to see their posts add them to your ignore list.

I just ignore them as usual but just wondered, this is starting to feel like a regular occurrence with hot takes.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Are we allowed to help on threads that depict pirated shit in screenshot and other media (such as logs)? Because legally one could argue its aiding and abetting.

2 hours ago, Levent said:

Are we allowed to help on threads that depict pirated shit in screenshot and other media (such as logs)? Because legally one could argue its aiding and abetting.

There isn't a rule against helping someone that you think has committed piracy, just rules against helping with piracy itself. If the issue they're having is because they pirated it, they shouldn't get help, but otherwise helping is fine (but you are of course free to choose not to help in that case).

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 1:45 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Post count / Solution count / reputation farming

Doesnt that include constantly posting a new message instead of editing the current one? Even if there isnt a newer response? We used have a system that would auto merge posts but that was disabled few years back.

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Doesnt that include constantly posting a new message instead of editing the current one? Even if there isnt a newer response? We used have a system that would auto merge posts but that was disabled few years back.

If it's excessive then feel free to report it, we generally do ask users to stop doing that. Usually it's just a difference of expectations, especially for users who are used to discord style messaging.

HTTP/2 203

Are there guidelines regarding linking your own Classifieds posts in purchase advice threads (outside the Classifieds section)? 
I want to be absolutely sure I'm not breaking any rules by posting my own "For sale" thread in reply to others' posts.

2 hours ago, da na said:

Are there guidelines regarding linking your own Classifieds posts in purchase advice threads (outside the Classifieds section)? 
I want to be absolutely sure I'm not breaking any rules by posting my own "For sale" thread in reply to others' posts.

This is actually a really good question. We will talk this over and let you know an answer. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 hours ago, da na said:

This is covered by the Classifieds Guidelines:

As per the Advertising regulations, you cannot create a post anywhere on the forum to explicitly "advertise" your classified ad. You can however have a link to it in your signature as long as you adhere to all other signature rules.

Trades posts are only allowed within the classifieds section. Nobody wants situations where somebody makes a classifieds post and then goes through New Builds & Planning spamming threads with messages "Buy my graphics card!" to advertise their classifieds post.

If you see somebody post inquiring about something you're selling and you think they may be interested, send them a Private Message to discuss it. Don't just spam a bunch of people with messages though.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Is there a point where moderation team will get involved against constant misinformation/misleading/misguiding? I bet you know who I am talking about.

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Is there a point where moderation team will get involved against constant misinformation/misleading/misguiding? I bet you know who I am talking about.

We won't talk about specific cases, as you know.

In general though, it is not against the rules to be wrong, but we don't want people to be constantly posting things that are misinformation/misleading/misguiding, and would want to address it.

HTTP/2 203

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, da na said:

I apologize if this is mentioned somewhere / is common knowledge.

Do past/expired warning points factor into the favor of the banhammer at all, or are only current warning points considered? 

Yes, they are taken into account, but have less weight (and it decreases the longer it's been).

HTTP/2 203