October 18th Apple Event - Unleashed - Apple Silicon, MacBook Pro upgrades, HomePod mini, AirPods 3rd Generation

BondiBlue
Go to solution Solved by BondiBlue,

Summary

The Apple Unleashed event is over! Here are the new products that were announced:

• AirPods
    • New AirPods 3rd Generation: MagSafe wireless charging, Adaptive EQ, and longer battery life
  • HomePod mini
    • In addition to Space Gray and White, HomePod mini now comes in Blue, Yellow, and Orange
  • Apple Music
    • New Voice Plan starts at $4.99/month, allows for Apple Music through Siri, including new custom playlist
  • And yes, new Macs and Apple Silicon
    • The M1 chip is now part of a lineup of three SoC designs, including the M1, M1 Pro, and M1 Max
    • The MacBook Pro has been redesigned, bringing back more ports, MagSafe charging, better battery life, and more
      • The 14" MacBook Pro starts at $1999, and the 16" starts at $2499. The 13" M1 MBP is now the base model
      • Support for up to 64GB of unified memory and 8TB of flash storage
      • M1 Pro and Max both have 10 CPU cores, and M1 Max can have up to 32 GPU cores
      • Fast charging has been added to the MacBook Pro, allowing for up to 50% charge in only 30 minutes

My thoughts

I'm really excited for the new MacBook Pros. I plan on upgrading to a new 16" MacBook Pro within the next couple months, and I can't wait. 

Sources

Apple Events

The Verge

Are we happy with the 200GB/s and 400GB/s LPDDR5 bandwidth to the unified memory?

MBP gets Full Size HDMI, SD card slot

And total 3 Thunderbolt 4 ports

Edit: Also gets MagSafe

Edit: A Notch display, and now supports ProMotion

Image(s):

Spoiler

E3EF794C-CDC6-4F1E-8B78-CE2DE5FC0A86.jpeg.72072f51dca694c748b67b723b45d39e.jpeg

3156393F-9C9B-439C-8B2B-B61D87E7E4D3.jpeg.3a4cbc4d637db99dfcfdd6fd4b1de625.jpeg

Edited by RockSolid1106
Added images
On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

4 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

MBP gets Full Size HDMI, SD card slot

And total 3 Thunderbolt 4 ports

Edit: A Notch display, and now supports ProMotion

for real?

Just now, WolframaticAlpha said:

for real?

Yeah I’m watching it, it’s just unbelievable.. oh and it got MagSafe too, I’ll edit my post for that

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

Freakin Christ, these machines have EVERYTHING

This is absolutely insanomato. They have literally nailed every single aspect.

• Monster M1 chips
  • Up to 64GB RAM
  • Mini LED
  • 120 Hz
  • Larger Screens
  • Even higher resolution
  • More TB ports
  • MagSafe
  • HDMI
  • SD Card
  • Even better sound
  • no Touchbar
  • better cameras

W T F

Edit: Okay the price is kind of a letdown -.-

MBP 14 inch starts at $1999 and 16 inch at $2499

Dont think I would be able to get one

EDIT: Based on the features they announced, the price doesn’t seem too bad honestly. And it’s Apple so expect it to be expensive anyway. What they announced is frickin amazing tbh

Edited by RockSolid1106

^

VPN Server Guide

Not sure I believe their GPU perf claims but if Apple are to be believed then M1 Pro is 2.5x faster than Radeon Pro 5600M and M1 Max is 4x faster than Radeon Pro 5600M.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I feel like there is A LOT of potential behind these machines. Sounds crazy!

Now to wait for the reviews.

--Dominik W

(What else do you need, this is just a signature, plus I have them disabled 😅)

Whelp, these things absolutely wipe the floor with the rest of the industry by a mile.

That said... IMO they're super ugly. The tapered edge look was absolutely more attractive and the notch is kinda silly.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Oh the M1 Max has only 70 % of the performance of a 3080…

…desktop 3080 that is and it achieves that probably at 1/3 of the power draw

Summary of Airpods 3

f1634577080.jpg

• Looks like Airpods Pro, but no ANC 😞
  • Water resistant(No rating)
  • Adaptive EQ from Airpods pro
  • Force stem from pros(!!)
  • Spatial Audio
  • Fast-ish charge(1 hour from 5 minutes) 
  • 6 hour battery of the earbud
  • 30 HOURS ON THE CASE!!
  • 30 hours from case
  • Magsafef1634577239.jpg

PRICE: $179

f1634577276.jpg

Seems that gen 2 will remain on sale.

Freakin nuts

These machines looks like its just gonna be game changers.

Top end displays, audio, camera, battery life with out of the world numbers for CPU and GPU performance with upto 64GB DRAM and VRAM

And honestly, the price seems quite resonable for the amount of freaking power you get even with the M1 Pro. 

And I guess this time Apple realized that it doesnt have to be nice to its competitors and actually labelled out charts with the exact product they were comparing to

The only thing I disliked is the design. It is definitely a departure from Jony Ive era form and looks more industrial looking, at least from the renders Ive seen during the keynote

Just finished watching the presentation. Holy moly.... that kind of performance with that kind of battery life... I might sell my M1 Macbook Pro (that is the best laptop I ever used) and get the 16".

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

The 64GB are not available to buy yet.

But the 16" 32GB is.

Spoiler

image.png.632b1b0d5a8a4a978d4a87dd6c77b4d2.png

Spoiler

image.png.0d96741f79cec9fdb137c64aba0d62e9.png

So my guess is the 64GB is at least $4499 but most likely $4999 once it gets available.

Which amusingly is still well worth it if you need that amount of video memory since something like RTX A6000 48GB costs around $5000 to $6000.

3 minutes ago, Roswell said:

IMO they're super ugly

Yep, I hate the looks. Liked the older design. Notch to be honest isn’t too bad, just making better use of space IMO.

^

VPN Server Guide

3 minutes ago, Roswell said:

Whelp, these things absolutely wipe the floor with the rest of the industry by a mile.

That said... IMO they're super ugly. The tapered edge look was absolutely more attractive and the notch is kinda silly.

The notch bothered me at first but since the it sits on the program bar and is not shown when viewed 16:9 content I am actually ok with it.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

But the 16" 32GB is.

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

So my guess is the 64GB is at least $4499 but most likely $4999 once it gets available

That is a lot of money but if you use the computer to make money then you will get it back in no time.

21 minutes ago, WereCat said:

snip

I believe that all 64GB models are built to order and not a standard configuration to buy but don't quote me on that.

Edit: Yeah all 64GB models are build to order and require the purchase of a M1 Max powered 14" or 16"

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

But the 16" 32GB is.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

So my guess is the 64GB is at least $4499 but most likely $4999 once it gets available.

Which amusingly is still well worth it if you need that amount of video memory since something like RTX A6000 48GB costs around $5000 to $6000.

It is available in my country

image.png.1528c63716ade1df6916de66ad842851.png