Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

I agree. I would love to see how Floatplane works.

@empireOSMerged with video suggestion thread.

Definitely would like that as well!

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I saw the Craziest Cooling Project and I think you can up it with sub ambient cooling via a Geothermal ground loop. Why use a radiator, when you can just bury a bunch of pipes 6ft underground to tap into the fact that 6ft underground the temperature is stable @ ~50F no matter the outside air temp.

Apparently you can also use that as a form of A/C or home heating.

On 4/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Let me suggest a look at my favourite video card design of all time and perhaps one of the most creative/ambitious. It'd fit with Linus's recent theme of taking a look at older, rare hardware like the hot wheels pc, disney pc, and that cool alienware monitor.

The card is: *drumroll* Asus 8800GTX Aqua Tank. Yes you heard that right; it had a secondary board with a watercooler that had a pump and reservoir in it. 

Check it out at this link:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/asus-8800-gtx-aquatank.b625

holy guacamole this thing is something else

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

On 3/21/2019 at 2:46 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Nvidia rtx 4090 mining

It's doesn't matter it's real or not. Check it out guys 

RazDC review :) We can send you a prototype build.

Making a RGB macbook keyboard by changing the LED lights inside, 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

M1 iMac - A PC Guy's Perspective

Since you already have a Mac channel that will go Mac specific details, and since you guys have already covered the M1 chip in detail in November, it would be nice to see the performance and usability of the iMac with the new Parallels 16.5 update that came out that supports Windows 10 ARM.

Searched but didn’t see it...LTT Staff react to their first appearance or featured video

not sure this idea has been shared yet: a sequal to the firetruck model review. its about time linus

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

Can somebody get Linus to do a video explaining why sd cards do not load as fast as ssd and also in that case Nintendo switch cartridges. This has been bothering me and I wanna know.

1 minute ago, Codythomas4200 said:

Can somebody get Linus to do a video explaining why sd cards do not load as fast as ssd and also in that case Nintendo switch cartridges. This has been bothering me and I wanna know.

Hey, Just letting you know I merged your thread/video request into the official Video Request thread. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Do a video why ssd load faster than Nintendo switch and sd cards. I need to know.

More in depth Overclocking videos. As well as more education vids on computers. How they run etc, maybe start an education channel.

Proud owner of a custom water cooled Ryzen 1400. 5800x  

After watching the Apple event yesterday, I was initially impressed by the new iMac, but from a buying guide standpoint, had a question in the back of my head:

If you bought an M1 Mac Mini instead of the new M1 iMac (since from a hardware standpoint, they’re nearly identical), what monitor and peripherals could you buy with the money you saved buying the Mini over the iMac? And how would they compare to iMac’s display and new Apple peripherals?

Personally, I believe there is alot of value in the M1 Mac Mini, and with the right monitor and peripherals, could be cheaper than buying a new M1 iMac.

But what do you guys think? Drop your thoughts down below.

2 minutes ago, QJDWG said:

After watching the Apple event yesterday, I was initially impressed by the new iMac, but from a buying guide standpoint, had a question in the back of my head:

If you bought an M1 Mac Mini instead of the new M1 iMac (since from a hardware standpoint, they’re nearly identical), what monitor and peripherals could you buy with the money you saved buying the Mini over the iMac? And how would they compare to iMac’s display and new Apple peripherals?

Personally, I believe there is alot of value in the M1 Mac Mini, and with the right monitor and peripherals, could be cheaper than buying a new M1 iMac.

But what do you guys think? Drop your thoughts down below.

I do believe there is a dedicated thread for video ideas, but the new imac is interesting for sure

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

I'd like them do a value analysis between buying the M1 iMac vs an M1 Mac Mini + LG 5K display.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

20 minutes ago, davemc said:

I do believe there is a dedicated thread for video ideas, but the new imac is interesting for sure

Just found the thread, moving this post there. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

13 minutes ago, QJDWG said:

Just found the thread, moving this post there. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Please next time report your own thread and wait for a moderator to merge it.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

10 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Please next time report your own thread and wait for a moderator to merge it.

Sorry, thank you

Hello LMG Team,

This I think may be one of the more odd ball video request you guys might've received but I think it would make for both an interesting video as well as a great conversation to be had.

I much like many other PC enthusiast have had to deal with RMA's, but my story is not unique. Since 2/28/2021 I have been dealing with an RMA issue with ASUS.

On 7/31/2019 I had purchased an ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard, mainly because of my past experiences with ASUS products being more reliable, particularly their higher end ones, being quite good. After nearly 2 years of use I had never had the motherboard give me any issues, this was until 2/14/2021 when one of my close friends had an issue with some of his new hardware so he came over (mask were worn), to troubleshoot his hardware. During this testing process we had found his MOBO (an X570 AORUS Elite) and CPU (5600x) were dead, then later when we went to test his RAM my motherboard immediately began to boot loop. Funny memes aside, we had concluded that perhaps some of the traces on the RAM were bad and sent voltage back into both of our boards and killed them. 

So began both of our RMA's, in his case AORUS had taken 3 months to process his RMA, AMD had taken 2 days (we were pleasantly surprised). In my case since ASUS had taken 2 weeks to process the RMA entirely, and I received my motherboard on 2/28/2021. The was an issue though, the integrated I/O shield and LED were both missing, so I immediately called ASUS, filed a new RMA and send the board away, and here we are today.

It has been nearly 2 months and ASUS still has yet to send a replacement board for their mistake, and the only way I have been able to get any updates from them have been through the threats of legal action as well as needing to contact the ASUS CEO's Office, and even with this, there has been no resolution. I honestly don't expect any help from the LMG team, more so I just thought that hearing this case could be used to make an interesting video so that companies like ASUS and AORUS get their act together, as with one quick "Google" one can find dozens, if not hundreds of cases similar to my friends and my own.

If your team would like any of the photographs and email correspondence please do let me know and I'll gather all of that information as soon as I can. 

One quick side note is that they had offered a buy back (ASUS) but they had estimated the time it would take to be approximately a month, so I had refused it for two fold; The first being that it (in my own humble opinion) would be unreasonable to expect a customer, after a companies own mistake, to wait a total of 2 months to resolve it. The second is that because of the current landscape of PC components and how quickly they "fly" off of the "shelves" it would make it near impossible to improbable to find a motherboard.

Edit:

Though which as of today I have accepted as I just want this to be over and done with.

So, thank you for your time and I hope you guys all have been safe and healthy during the Global Pandemic, and I really do hope that you guys can maybe help change the way RMA's go.

Thank you for your time,
Kenneth Carolan

Edited by KennyAC
More details that came with time