Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

I have a few of these used EVGA Classified SR-2 motherboards I'd let go of for a reasonable price and a video of something cool being done with it. Lol. It's just a massive board, if a bit older now.

20210504_164401.jpg

On 5/4/2021 at 1:46 AM, Cheburek said:

I frequent lowspec forums and I hear alot of stuff like this.

It won't happen, Linus is probably not going to do this kind of benchmarks because they don't fit his channel.He did try and do budget oriented videos and he acknowledges the global chip shortage...but that's all we are probably going to get.

Also,2800 euros for an RTX 3090? HAH cheapest 3090 here in Europe is 3200 euro.

There are many other channels doing this sort of stuff,my favourite is Wormz gaming but that's beside the point.

thanks for sharing and taking your time to reply

How beefy is your computer building skills?

How many Minecraft chunks could you have on a dual epic cpu's with a terabyte of ram?

What is the breaking limits of java or bedrock?

Can we find out?

https://youtu.be/Ff5uWPvtbQg

42 minutes ago, Bftwdsj said:

How beefy is your computer building skills?

moved to video ideas

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I would love to see a comparison of Apple's thermal paste to regular thermal paste or perhaps one of the hunks of aluminum from the DIY heatsink video. I've tried reaching out to the team. I am an AASP tech and can get some. 

So LTT has been pretty good at calling out BS. On top of that, LTT also has made several organized opinion pieces that show they truly care for the industry. One thing that we have not seen in all these years is the problems PC users face when trying to stream. Many times adaptive resolution technology wont support things like 1440p which is not good. Some streaming services wont allow 4k streaming on PC (Disney + is the one that I am seeing right now). Especially since old edge is gone, we are stuck with this. I think LTT should look into this, call out the losers that do this and show ways to bypass (this is LTT, I do expect more than the standard, oh use your phone or console, I expect real solutions). 

Also I am new to these forums so HI.

I think many users can be helped by this. Maybe also a tutorial on how to get old edge on windows again? 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I don't know for sure but I think in one of your last Videos you said that a Video is comming up where you are showing what you need for Music Production. I thought you could make a Series out of this, with others subjects like what you need for Video editing, Photo editing..... and maybe even show whole set ups and show what the LMG staff is using for this tasks.

https://www.simpit.co.nz

I'm seriously thinking about getting one in the next year or so.  If not, maybe LTT should review one!

If someone has, please give me an honest review of it.

McG

Seen this on the internet. Was wondering if it is even real and how it would run. I would love to see linus test this out 

Screenshot_20210506-020628_Snapchat.jpg

Just smth like a beginners guide to servers and home servers and nases ect since I'd like to know more about them

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Jazza and his crew are getting a new studio with new serverroom. He is a great contend creator, but you probably already know him.

If not: https://youtube.com/c/Jazza

Please do a colab with him on a server and studio networking.

I know he is on the other side of the world. But i think it could be a really awesome video, with your and his skillsets combined.

@Community

Please show your support on this

Even assuming they did, it's not like they could meet due to Covid, it would be over Teams/Zoom/Discord. Not the greatest content for viewers.

These kind of things don't just happen right away. There's planning to be done. Which can take weeks. Considering Jazza already finished their studio, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already setting it up, it's too late for LMG to provide their expertise or to collab on it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Even assuming they did, it's not like they could meet due to Covid, it would be over Teams/Zoom/Discord. Not the greatest content for viewers.

These kind of things don't just happen right away. There's planning to be done. Which can take weeks. Considering Jazza already finished their studio, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already setting it up, it's too late for LMG to provide their expertise or to collab on it.

Obviosly, they can not meet.

I do not think it is too late, since Jazza studio has a setup, they‘ll probably use for the time being.

As we have seen with corridor a collab without being able to meet, is possible and worth watching. And Jazza is making most his collabs without meeting.

So lets not judge if it is possible or not.

It is more about would you like to see it or not 🤷‍♂️

It would be nice to see a 2021 value gaming. It would be very helpful, especially for the time we are in now

On 3/20/2019 at 6:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hello there,

paulo here! My suggestion is building a guide for home pfsense routers to wan aggregation. Many parts of the World, the internet at high speeds could be too expensive. So using home pfsense routers people can go to gig speed aggregating  4x 300m broadbands link, for example

Thanks; stay safe! 

On 3/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, CPotter said:

Linus Tech Tips

I have a very old 55 inch Samsung projector type t.v, My suggestion is that you can do a old v. new and compare how things have change for the better or for the ,not so likely, worse

Been a LONG time since I Built a rig, Techs changed a bit since the last one I made and With money being tight been contemplating buying a pre-build gamer.

My idea for a video is seeing if there's a difference between buying a pre-build from places like Walmart compared to stores like BestBuy or even "Rent to Own" places? Seems Walmart and BestBuy carry very similar products at very different prices (for example a Samsung TV at BestBuy $2300 and at Walmart $1700, with exact same features, almost same model numbers. Just cheaper internals.) wonder if the same for HP Omen or some other Name brand PC manufactures that deal with multiple retailers.

Glenn from Spectre Sound Studios said he would love to collaborate. I could not find the LTT video that is mentioned in the very beginning of his video, but would love to see Glenn and Linus do something together 😄

On 5/4/2021 at 10:06 AM, Quackers101 said:

Having a case that is used for 1 PC, but trying to get 2 PC systems into 1 decently big case like ATX. Or if there is any cases that could support that.

I believe that has already been done, just with a case that supports ATX and MATX and it had two mounting points. Therefore, two systems. 
EDIT: this is video 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

I used to lap swim as my primary form of exercise. I quit partially because I didn't have the means to listen to my sweet beats in the process.

Not sure if James is a swimmer but I've greatly enjoyed his headphone reviews. A "It's James, but this time, UNDERWATER" feature would be hilarious and informative.

Another suggestion, Building a Budget Game rig, does RGB have an impact on cost, do manufactures have products with and without RGB? how much can you save building a non RGB game rig?