LTT needs to help stop NEWEGGS shenanigans

nwinkler247

anyone noticed Newegg is combing stock it can't sell with 3000 series GPUs and 5000 series CPUs. Is that extortion ? isn't that some kind of scaling ? what chaps my hide is that I already pre purchased I NEW case, motherboard FULL RGB and controller memory PSU all I need is GPU and CPU but now the only supplier that reliably has then is trying to dump/combo crap with them ... that only thing I can think for that will hurt Newegg enough to change their ways it to hear LTT take on it, because I trust that you being pro consumer and community will hand put Newegg in their place... 

example this PSU explodes and is being combo'd

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.4205013

Gigabyte GP-P750GM Review - A Power Supply with an explosive attitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS0Mjw3BW94

another example of combo craziness, I'm buying a 5950x CPU and would like to pair it with a 3090 and darker or Aorus Xtreme, but the combo it with this RUBBISH

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails?ItemList=Combo.4211880

come on LTT community lets do something about this!!!

They can sell anything they want, it's their website, not yours.

If you don't like the combination, don't buy it. Simple.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I don't see LTT as having any responsibility to address this, because there's nothing stopping you from keeping the item you want and sending everything else back. You'll lose the tiny bundle discount (usually like $10), but I don't see this as a big deal. It'd be nicer if Newegg didn't put their customers through the hassle of returning something, but I don't see LTT as having any moral responsibility to talk about this. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Newegg combos have been around forever. Micro Center does the same thing.

Nobody is forcing you to buy them, just move on. 

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

the 5950x and 5900x are listed as out of stock... but they have tons of 5905x/5900x CPUS to add to bundles... personally I will NEVER buy anything from Newegg again because of this unethical behavior, its unethical because they know they can only do this because of the demand, so they like cockroach scalpers are bending us over a barrel...

15 minutes ago, nwinkler247 said:

the 5950x and 5900x are listed as out of stock... but they have tons of 5905x/5900x CPUS to add to bundles... personally I will NEVER buy anything from Newegg again because of this unethical behavior, its unethical because they know they can only do this because of the demand, so they like cockroach scalpers are bending us over a barrel...

The page you’re linking to also shows out of stock....

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

their not scalping you, for what i see they do not raise the price of the cpu.

combo is a smart way to relinquish underperforming stocks.

if you are smart, you buy them in combo, sell the one you don't like as new.

because what i seeing now even the combos is out of stock. 

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

yes it is out of stock now... but they do drops everyday at 5pm EST - all the drops are combo drops... 

and no its not smart to buy it... if I buy a combo im going to lose money selling ti on Ebay or facebook marketplace, and why the F should WE have to go through the BS of having to resell their unwanted stock, I don't have time for that. when we couldn't get toilet paper and hand sanitizer, I wonder why the grocery stores didn't start bundling them with old stock and stock they couldn't get rid of... they missed a real opportunity there according to you ...

bundling the gigabyte exploding PSU with 3080s and Ryzen CPUs is a disgrace to Newegg!! bundling crappy stock when people are desperate for the items is a disgrace! they will never see anther penny from me! 

13 minutes ago, nwinkler247 said:

and no its not smart to buy it... if I buy a combo im going to lose money selling ti on Ebay or facebook marketplace, and why the F should WE have to go through the BS of having to resell their unwanted stock, I don't have time for that. when we couldn't get toilet paper and hand sanitizer, I wonder why the grocery stores didn't start bundling them with old stock and stock they couldn't get rid of... they missed a real opportunity there according to you ...

bundling the gigabyte exploding PSU with 3080s and Ryzen CPUs is a disgrace to Newegg!! bundling crappy stock when people are desperate for the items is a disgrace! they will never see anther penny from me! 

its their way of limiting your scalping. my local chain will put you at the front of the line if buy 4 other parts/get a pc built by them.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

if im scalping a 3080 GPU for $2000 - then paying $100 extra for a crappy mono isn't going to stop me because ill still make $1000, so no - its not them stoping scalping, its them taking us for a ride and laughing all the way to the bank. some of use have had our earnings obliterated this year because we are forced to stay home...

im ok with lines... limited stock is limited stock... and your local store isn't the biggest online retailer for computer products gauging their customers 

21 minutes ago, nwinkler247 said:

and no its not smart to buy it... if I buy a combo im going to lose money selling ti on Ebay or facebook marketplace

they will never see anther penny from me! 

Victory

1 minute ago, CircleTech said:

These sort of combos has been going on practically forever. It's a way for Newegg to save on shipping and pass a little of those savings onto you. I see nothing wrong here. 

im ok with combos deals... firstly, most of these combos deals are bad to average. as computer builders we mostly like to personalize. the combos dont compliment each other... selling me the BEST CPU or GPU with crappy motherboard or memory is lame... and then you mark the CPU and GPU out of stock and only sell the combo which locks me into a combo deal or nothing...thats not right and thats not fair... 

3 minutes ago, nwinkler247 said:

some of use have had our earnings obliterated this year because we are forced to stay home...

1 hour ago, nwinkler247 said:

I'm buying a 5950x CPU and would like to pair it with a 3090 and darker or Aorus Xtreme

Your earnings supposedly got obliterated, yet you are looking to purchase a 5950x and a 3090?

3 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Your earnings supposedly got obliterated, yet you are looking to purchase a 5950x and a 3090?

dont be a jerk - you trolling and changing the subject ... this is about Newegg not me ... I am blessed that even tho I have lost about 80% of my income this year I can still afford a $4000 computer. this is about a company that has a monopoly in that it gets more stock than anyone else (besides Bestbuy I think) and they are using that edge to screw their customers... I can see I am not talking to the choir here... and will not be following up with any more responses... I have a PC to build... I was just trying to stand up for all the poor souls I see following the twitter bots and youtube bots all day trying to get hold of stock...

17 minutes ago, nwinkler247 said:

dont be a jerk - you trolling and changing the subject ... this is about Newegg not me ... I am blessed that even tho I have lost about 80% of my income this year I can still afford a $4000 computer. this is about a company that has a monopoly in that it gets more stock than anyone else (besides Bestbuy I think) and they are using that edge to screw their customers... I can see I am not talking to the choir here... and will not be following up with any more responses... I have a PC to build... I was just trying to stand up for all the poor souls I see following the twitter bots and youtube bots all day trying to get hold of stock...

Taking a comment a bit personal there bud. Back it down. No one is out to get you. 

Also, they are bundling things to make it less likely a bot or scalper will buy the product. A lot of times you can end up returning the extra item. Also, not responsibility of LTT to take care of any of this. None of those combos look like it is too much of an issue. Additionally, if a power supply is exploding or catching fire, it would behoove a manufacturer (especailly one like gigabyte) to figure out the issue. Not only is it a safety thing, it makes the brand look bad. I haven't seen many people complain about that PSU in generall. Though, that being said, it isn't a great quality one overall. 

Anyways, my 2 cents. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

do something about this!!

maybe it's to keep @holes from buying up all of the GPUs and scalping them on ebay.  A very small price to pay for something you cannot even find.

And they're gone...

For the record I’ve used half a dozen that “explosive” power supply and not a single issue. I know it’s a small sample size but still, it’s not that bad for budget

2 hours ago, nwinkler247 said:

This is an anti-scalping strategy.

If you are a scalper, then you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

I've been waiting now since launch to buy a 6800XT, and I'm not paying more than the damn thing is worth to begin with; If I was, I would have bought a 2080TI for $1700 when they were still being made.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

dont be a jerk - you trolling and changing the subject

I was not changing the subject. You brought up loss or decline of income as a reason the LTT team or community should do something about how a company decides to sell their inventory, at least that's my best guess on why you brought that up, I'm not entirely sure why you did. I responded to your point by implying that if you are struggling with money, then buying computer components, not to mention some of the highest end parts currently available, is not the smartest decision. 

this is about a company that has a monopoly in that it gets more stock than anyone else (besides Bestbuy I think) and they are using that edge to screw their customers...

I don't think you understand what a monopoly is.

Merriam-Webster defines monopoly as:

1: exclusive ownership through legal privilege, command of supply, or concerted action

2: exclusive possession or control 

3: a commodity controlled by one party

Dictionary.com defines it as the following:

1: exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.

2: an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.

3: the exclusive possession or control of something.

Noticing a similarity? The use of the word "exclusive". Even if Newegg does receive the largest amount of inventory, that does not make them a monopoly by any definition of the word monopoly I have ever seen. You can argue that what Newegg is doing is anti-consumer, I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you about that, but calling them a monopoly because a supplier chooses to sell them more products is false. 

Edited by The_russian
Edited to correct mistakes and for clarity

dont be a jerk - you trolling and changing the subject

frankly, you haven't been very nice to everyone else. not to mention he was just questioning something, in a neutral tone. and he not trolling in the slightest

this is about a company that has a monopoly in that it gets more stock than anyone else (besides Bestbuy I think) and they are using that edge to screw their customers...

legally, a company is a monopoly if they dominate more than 50% of their respective consumer space. but afaik manufactures try to distribute product evenly (retailers and system integrators is a different story tho). They would want people to buy their product, regardless of if it's from amazon, newegg or some other place like b&h or memory express.

I can see I am not talking to the choir here... and will not be following up with any more responses...

not saying your argument is weak, just if you run off the moment you lose, it may not be super stronk

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Ok, there is something that needs to addressed here because I don't think people are fully acknowledging whats happening and I don't think LTT has any obligation to do anything either way.

There is a corporation(a giant money driven entity to which no one should express any sympathy toward) abusing the current status of supply and demand and moreover a global pandemic succeed in its ventures.

First - "it's just a bundle" It's not a meaningful deal, nor is it a component that anyone would even want. The best way to offer a bundle is to have the bundle run out of stock when the either or any of the components offered run out of stock in singular. P-GM is rated on these very forums as potentially harmful.

Second - "it's antiscalping" Possibly true, but Newegg claims to have effective anti botting and scalping measures in place according to its FAQ. Punishing your loyal non scalping patrons with elevated cost of a unwanted product is effectively the same as scalping, not to mention they will charge those loyal patrons a restocking fee upon returning the crap item. All these things add up to just raising the cost of the product for everyone who buys it.

Third - "Newegg can do what it wants" You are correct and exploiting an international disaster and tragedy is a pr choice Newegg Inc made on its own. It doesn't need free market capitalists by day/forum trolls by night defending it.

Nobody really has the obligation to do anything about this, but everyone needs to chill out. Look at whats happening before the jump to defense of the small and fragile Newegg Inc and call everyone else scalpers. What is up with you kids these days and your corporate fanaticism.

She's not calling you back, man. Sit down.

3 hours ago, bellabichon said:

I don't see LTT as having any responsibility to address this, because there's nothing stopping you from keeping the item you want and sending everything else back. You'll lose the tiny bundle discount (usually like $10), but I don't see this as a big deal. It'd be nicer if Newegg didn't put their customers through the hassle of returning something, but I don't see LTT as having any moral responsibility to talk about this. 

Yeap but that goes a bit deeper... total waste of resources and everyone's time just shows a total lack of responsibility and I would not shop with newegg ever therefore... that's besides the fact they don't do any business with EU countries, too much "consumer protection" for their shady ways probably! 😅

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

I was not changing the subject. You brought up loss or decline of income as a reason the LTT team or community should do something about how a company decides to sell their inventory, at least that's my best guess on why you brought that up, I'm not entirely sure why you did. I responded to your point by implying that if you are struggling with money, then buying computer components, not to mention some of the highest end parts currently available, is not the smartest decision. 

I don't think you understand what a monopoly is.

Merriam-Webster defines monopoly as:

1: exclusive ownership through legal privilege, command of supply, or concerted action

2: exclusive possession or control 

3: a commodity controlled by one party

Dictionary.com defines it as the following:

1: exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices.

2: an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.

3: the exclusive possession or control of something.

Noticing a similarity? The use of the word "exclusive". Even if Newegg does receive the largest amount of inventory, that does not make them a monopoly by any definition of the word monopoly I have ever seen. You can argue that what Newegg is doing is anti-consumer, I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you about that, but calling them a monopoly because a supplier chooses to sell them more products is false. 

Btw you can still have a monopoly when there's still other competitors in the market, at this point it's a question of percentages and market penetration, and power... 

Thats not to say newegg is a monopoly of course lol. 

There's also quite the discrepancy between definitions, economically, or by law. What you quoted is economical or rather what the average Joe understands a monopoly to be and which is rather irrelevant to the subject, as law defines it differently (no "exclusivity" here, just abuse of power) 

In economics, a monopoly is a single seller. In law, a monopoly is a business entity that has significant market power, that is, the power to charge overly high prices, which is associated with a decrease in social surplus.[3

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Extortion? In what way? Are you forced to only use them? You can't use anyone else or they do something to you? Do you understand what extortion means?

Scalping? No, they are exercising their capitalistic rights to choose how to sell their stuff. This has been over discussed in multiple threads. You really should learn the difference before accusing someone for it.

And then, how should LMG address this? It's quite different from things they do discuss about. Like selling directly to someone buying by lota, or threatening reviewers integrity. No, LMG has no reason to take stance on this. They could talk about do they think this is good way to go or not.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv