One More One More Thing - Apple Unveils AirPods Max

NotTheFirstDaniel

image.png.19d8c24adcd879cf1d86cef67cf5b27a.png

A hinge is now revolutionary. Way to go.

For 550, I'd just get a pair of decent Bose or Sennheisers.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Just now, Derkoli said:

For 550, I'd just get a pair of decent Bose or Sennheisers.

You can get better for much less,I wonder if it can beat my $36 Sennheiser HD 201.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

If I had a choice to buy that or something else why would I choose some apple fanboy/girl headphones over a console which has ray tracing, can play up till 8k, has 12 teraflops of GPU power, has a custom ssd, and I can just buy a headset for 35. Which would you rather choose, Apple fanboys/girls. 

Wish they had included a mic of some sort like something that retracts back into the headset... NVM they have nine microphones

Just now, Pndude1000 said:

Wish they had included a mic of some sort like something that retracts back into the headset... NVM they have nine microphones

Are sure about it?,Didn't you notice the 10th one?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

2 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Are sure about it?,Didn't you notice the 10th one?

Wdym if this is a joke i didnt get it 

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

"stunning"

they're just over-ear headphones :P

or maybe stunning refers to the price

In which case I would agree very......stunning. Stunningly terrible price.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

43 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

People think everyone buys Apple stuff just because of logo. Maybe shallow Americans with their stupid fashion brands and endless need to flash brands around to feel special.*snip*

nah, it's not just Americans, there's plenty of that elsewhere too :P

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

This cycle happens with almost every Apple product, so much that I want to call it the "iCycle"

1. Apple releases a product. Literally any product, could be AirPods Max, could be a cure for cancer.
  2. Two different groups of people form. People that defend the product because it's Apple, and people who hate on the product because it's Apple.
  3. Companies such as Samsung and OnePlus joke about the product
  4. A week later, people get the product, and post favorable reviews of it. The bandwagon of (It's X [in this case overpriced]) is still going hard by this point
  5. By holiday of the release year, it sells like wildfire, and everyone buys it.
  6. Other companies (like Samsung and OnePlus) see these sales, and quietly take back their initial claims. Behind the scenes, they tell their teams to work on something that will compete with it
  7. The competitors release a product about 6-8 months later that is marginally worse than Apple's one, but is still cheap enough to be competitive. The initial bandwagon is now completely gone.
  8. Repeat list when a new Apple product/category comes out.

Literally the only product that didn't fall into this cycle was the HomePod because it was so shit even the Apple defenders couldn't defend the pile of shit they wrapped fabric around and called a speaker.

While I'm personally not going to buy AirPods Max (Maybe I'd consider an AirPods Max Sport), there will certainly be a market, and when Samsung makes "professional" headphones, I won't be too surprised.

29 minutes ago, Vishera said:

You can get better for much less,I wonder if it can beat my $36 Sennheiser HD 201.

I had three of those sets but in the 202 flavor. Great value headphone. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Just received the Bose QC 35 II from Google, because of the Pixel 5 promotion. 
600€ for the phone and the headphones and Apple wants me to pay 550 for just headphones... yeah sure

4 hours ago, Vishera said:

Sennheiser smashes them no problem.

Beyerdynamic too. Meze Audio too, Audeze, AKG too I think and HiFiMAN.

Prices like that are audiophile ranges.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

41 minutes ago, Pndude1000 said:

If I had a choice to buy that or something else why would I choose some apple fanboy/girl headphones over a console which has ray tracing, can play up till 8k, has 12 teraflops of GPU power, has a custom ssd, and I can just buy a headset for 35. Which would you rather choose, Apple fanboys/girls. 

Maybe they don't want a console... Also the consoles can't play games at 8K and barely have ray tracing if the 6000 series has anything to go by. 

Also you cannot get good headphones for 35. These are likely competing with the 1000MX4's from sony which go for £350 and the QC 35's which go for £300 MSRP but can be found cheaper. Interested as to how these sound personally and wonder if they can justify the price. If they can beat Bose in ANC I'll be impressed. Not that hard to beat them in sound.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

7 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Beyerdynamic too. Meze Audio too, Audeze, AKG too I think and HiFiMAN.

Prices like that are audiophile ranges.

Not audiophile headphones though, just posted they're likely aiming at the Sony 100MX4's as a competitor and wondering if they can justify the price.

35 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I had three of those sets but in the 202 flavor. Great value headphone. 

currently using the hd 206 and love them still

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I don’t think we can comment on the price until we get our hands on it to listen. Feature wise, I think these are class leading compared to the Bose and Sony equivalent. 

$550 isn’t that much for me personally, I paid almost $2000 for my LCD-3 which is just 2-channel and $499 for my computer headset with spatial audio. 

if it can best it’s competitors in noise cancellation and sound performance I’d buy it. 

Was interested until I saw the 670 euro price tag here in Ireland lol. Would have been nice for $300-400 range but 600+ no way in hell.  Cost twice as much as my Sony XM4s but probably won’t come close to sounding twice as good. 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

15 minutes ago, Jackgamer91 said:

Was interested until I saw the 670 euro price tag here in Ireland lol. Would have been nice for $300-400 range but 600+ no way in hell.  Cost twice as much as my Sony XM4s but probably won’t come close to sounding twice as good. 

That's the question, isn't it? They might well sound better, but Apple will need to have delivered something truly special for them to be worth $200 more than you typically pay for nice-but-not-too-nice wireless headphones.

Whole lot of people here with crystal balls and access to Apple prototypes letting us know how good a pair of unreleased headphones sound. 

Color me impressed.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

32 minutes ago, Commodus said:

That's the question, isn't it? They might well sound better, but Apple will need to have delivered something truly special for them to be worth $200 more than you typically pay for nice-but-not-too-nice wireless headphones.

In the market for a new set of Bluetooth headphones and if the price is justified I'll get a pair of these maybe but otherwise I'll probably pick up some QC35s 

They gotta sound really great to justify that price 

I like cute animal pics.

Mac Studio | Ryzen 7 5800X3D + RTX 3090

Lol why? Your better off spending that kinda money on the Drop Panda. It has Bluetooth and wired mode (with complete passthrough meaning they work even when dead) a THX chip and zero sound coloring out of the box. O and did I mention it has a cool retro sound when it powers up! Also the battery last insanely long on them.

6 minutes ago, n0stalghia said:

They gotta sound really great to justify that price 

Not that much more expensive than the 1000XM4's and QC35. When you're already spending over £300 on headphones what's the extra?