What does your pc meant to you?

Digideath

Some people, their pc is just their pc. Others, their pc means something to deep to them. And i'm just wondering if your pc means something to you?

Me, I'm diagnosed with bipolar disorder and my pc is my life saver.

When im manic, it gives me someting to do. For example, i write rave music when im manic. I also play games.
When im depressed, it gives me something to take my mind off things. It mind swipes me and helps me cope better.
When im in a psychosis episode, i play games. Ever try playing games on acid? It's pretty much the same thing.

So my pc helps me. It is my life line that helps keep me sain at the worst of times. And im just wondering, what does your pc do for you?

As someone transitioning into a minimalist lifestyle, my PC is one of the few personal posessions I feel that I need. As it is my self constructed system, it's a representation of my skills and my passion for the hobby. It's a dream come true in its current state.

The only belongings that I feel similarly attached to are other things that I've crafted myself, like my warhammer miniatures, or things that I've earned through great struggle, like my taekwondo belts. The other things in my apartment are utilitarian. Cooking supplies, paints, tools.

In essence, my computer is one of the few things that I "need but don't need," to put it a certain way. My life doesn't depend on it, but would be pretty different ( worse) without it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The frustration of a first attempt at a complete foreign concept that you have only seen in the Youtube Videos. 

And the ecstasy of seeing all the RGB light up when it finally boots after many frustrating attempts at diagnostics. 

And the appreciation of modern technology and the upgrade from previously underpowered hardware for my use case.

And the sense of duty I feel to keep this machine alive and healthy for as long as possible.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

My PC is my last positive remnant from high school. I throughly hated being in high school but it's my crowning achievement of somehow graduating from it. It's also my reliable video crunching workhorse that can also play games.

It's seen a lot. It's seen the graduation of me and my younger brother. It's seen me and @pinksnowbirdie playing Gran Turismo 3 on it when I managed to win a race in a ZZW30 MR-2. It's seen many thousands of hours in Team Fortress 2. It's seen the restart of my VHS channel. It's something that I hope to cherish.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Can't really think of anything specific but it's just really special to me lol. First proper gaming PC and I'm unlikely to upgrade anything but GPU and storage (and potentially case/cooling) for years to come.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

It's seen many thousands of hours in Team Fortress 2

hit us with the flex

image.png.43c27a246491c64d6a89c0734217c384.png

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

29 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

And the ecstasy of seeing all the RGB light up when it finally boots after many frustrating attempts at diagnostics.

This. That moment when you have built it and it finally lights up and posts. I love that moment. It makes me so happy :)

Plenty of good answers on this. Glad to see im not the only one that has a special bond with their pc.

It gives me something to tinker with.

So far I have had to reinstall Windows three times, added/removed/swapped hardware, accidentally messed up the graphics drivers, etc.

I also like messing around with old/discarded computers and restoring them if possible.

I am currently chatting with an Apple rep about my PowerPC iMac as it only boots in Safe Mode.

elephants

Aside from my home, my PC is pretty much my favorite and most valued piece of property.

I do everything on it. Work, learning, gaming, movies, music, TV series, keeping in touch with people, even meeting women. Apart from my friends and family, it's basically the most important thing in my life. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

well a pc means alot it has helped me though school and other projects.

I still keep my old system as a reminder to my siblings past and the best dvd and cd based games

my current monitor is from my old system and has been though alot

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I like my PC but if something bad happens i can build another one,

The data on it is more valuable to me than the computer itself.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I'd be lost without a computer, but not without this computer, if you see what I mean.

If the computer I'm working on right now just decided to die, I have recent backups of my data and a spare I could just about use while I save for a new system. But of course I'd much rather that didn't happen, and it seems to be working perfectly for now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

When a person says a computer is part of this life. It reminds me a picture :)

P1MovW6.jpg

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

10 minutes ago, X-System said:

When a person says a computer is part of this life. It reminds me a picture :)

90% of people on this forum would do the same. me included to be honest😅

My PC is my favorite thing, but I m not giving it a name.

What I mean is I don't care about my specific piece of hardware.

If somebody offered my a better one, I d ask for 10 mins to swap my drives, and give it a go, never look back

It's my baby! 

Even sleep with it at night!

Sometimes a little heavy and cold, but it's ok, because it's my baby! For now... But there's a threat! I want a Ry-Son

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

It means college & therefore future & career. 

Personally, I don't really care about the computer anymore. It's not about THE computer to me. 

Having a good one is pretty cool but it's not that important to me even though I spend most of my time on it. 

My computer for me is a learning platform. Trust me I learnt a lot of thing through out the years.

The most significant isn't actually tech however. But, it was the english language, trust me without my computer and also small part of my cable company which only provided english speaking shows in a non english speaking country, derp.

My computer helped me with translating what the characters are saying and by the age of 10 I was crowned english genius by my friends and teachers. It helps me with my speaking ability with voice chats on online games.

Also yes, it sparks my interest in tech. Y'know I used to assume a CPU is a whole tower computer and VGA is an acronym for graphics card. When in PC terms they are way different things.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

On 11/15/2020 at 4:58 PM, ragnarok0273 said:

It gives me something to tinker with.

So far I have had to reinstall Windows three times, added/removed/swapped hardware, accidentally messed up the graphics drivers, etc.

I also like messing around with old/discarded computers and restoring them if possible.

I am currently chatting with an Apple rep about my PowerPC iMac as it only boots in Safe Mode.

I can totally relate to reinstalling Windows on my PC that I built around the same amount of times before. First reinstall was because it was acting funky, second install was because I deleted the C/AMD folder on Windows which resulted in it failing to boot, and finally the third reinstall was because of something wrong with a wake up timer after updating the BIOS (clearing CMOS did nothing) causing the PC to turn on every morning at 00:00 hours (12:00 AM guys). I even set Windows to a time close to 12AM when it was only 5 PM in reality and it still booted up, tried all the troubleshooting I can do and to no avail. 

I have a couple Mac Pros myself that I got from Facebook and work perfectly...but I hardly use 2 of them with the third on the opposite side of my desk (a dual CPU tray Mac Pro 4,1 flashed to 5,1 running macOS Mojave). The first one is a Mac Pro 1,1 and second is a Mac Pro 3,1. They all were really dusty inside, especially in the top where the power supply fan is (looked like a nuclear explosion with dust bunnies flying out of the back of the PSU). I tinkered around mainly with the 4,1 as I delidded two Intel Xeon X5680s with this small bench vise (3") and boy it was a PITA. Used high grit sand paper on a piece of tempered glass from my old desk to remove the solder on the die. One of the chips has a weird issue with a memory channel not showing up until the system warms up (tried tightening the heatsinks numerous times to no avail and works perfectly fine with the old Intel chips installed). I'm surprised Apple is taking the time to help you on your PowerPC iMac. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

21 hours ago, Digideath said:

So my pc helps me. It is my life line that helps keep me sain at the worst of times. And im just wondering, what does your pc do for you?

Hoshī was built from my frivolous desire for a desktop PC -- I wanted to try my hands at building my own PC, and I wanted a system that could handle games at settings that my laptop couldn't.

I primarily use it for gaming and chilling out (also F@H/BOINC), and it's carved out a very comfy place in my current lifestyle. Occasionally I fiddle around with things or play around with its hardware and learn new things; a good learning experience leaves me happy and satisfied. 😁

Trying to personalize my PC to my tastes/habits also threw me into the deep end of the #KeebWeebClub and -- help -- now I can't get out. 😆

Sorta hesitant to call Hoshī my "child," but I do swell up with pride and joy when I lay my eyes on it. 🥰

Also, like any child, it's a massive time and money sink. 🤣

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)