James from Rockit Cool doesn't want to send my 7980xe back

Vitolo
10 hours ago, vmanuelgm said:

Sue him in USA, a bit pricey even being a 2000 dollars cpu...

He has to pay your lawyer fees if you win. You just need to have proof of everything. Even if it costs more the money would be worth it to me so a scammer does not get away

13 hours ago, vmanuelgm said:

@Wheresmehammer

We have a "defensor del pueblo" in Spain

If you are from Spain, then you must know "el timo de la estampita"... Next time you team up with someone to scam Intel, make sure you aren't "el primo" of the story... 

(To other readers: it is a scam where the perpetrator offers the victim to scam someone else, who is actually an accomplice playing dumb). 

I rarely kid. I frequently adult. 

Those emails only show that he accepted an RMA on your behalf. (Slightly shady, but whatever)

So apparently the parts for the repair should have arrived 2 weeks ago. (That's a remarkably compressed timeline considering you hadn't posted it until at least the 4th, so that's a max 8 weeks to do all the steps in my previous email). 

However. 

That means it's only been 2 weeks wait for a free (free) repair job? And that assumes no delay his end on part ordering and delivery. 

You may well have been scammed and that will be a steep learning curve.

But dude. It's only actually been 2 weeks from when the repair could be performed.

If you're as salty in your emails as you are on the forums I would definitely be putting you to the bottom of my work pile. Especially if I'm doing it for free. (You seriously aren't even paying for parts?)

I'm not familiar with contract law in the US or Spain, but based on UK law you wouldn't have a hope in hell of being successful as although there is offer/acceptance I can't see fullfilment of consideration in the two emails posted. As always - you would need someone versed in US law to comment.

Anyway, this comes across very one sided (more so than usual) so I would want to hear the other side before commenting further.

So on that basis; you do you, best of luck.  

6 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Those emails only show that he accepted an RMA on your behalf. (Slightly shady, but whatever)

So apparently the parts for the repair should have arrived 2 weeks ago. (That's a remarkably compressed timeline considering you hadn't posted it until at least the 4th, so that's a max 8 weeks to do all the steps in my previous email). 

However. 

That means it's only been 2 weeks wait for a free (free) repair job? And that assumes no delay his end on part ordering and delivery. 

But dude. It's only actually been 2 weeks from when the repair could be performed.

If you're as salty in your emails as you are on the forums I would definitely be putting you to the bottom of my work pile. Especially if I'm doing it for free. (You seriously aren't even paying for parts?)

I'm not familiar with contract law in the US or Spain, but based on UK law you wouldn't have a hope in hell of being successful as although there is offer/acceptance I can't see fullfilment of consideration in the two emails posted. As always - you would need someone versed in US law to comment.

Anyway, this comes across very one sided (more so than usual) so I would want to hear the other side before commenting further.

I had not read the emails, i did a quick skim and saw addresses, so my first port of call was ombudsmen, now that you detailed it, i see a better image of what is going on, yes i agree too.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

6 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

However. 

Would be nice the other part came here to tell his version. 

Only truth is what I am saying here, not hiding anything, sent the processor to try a new RMA in USA instead of Europe, Intel denied it because it had been delidded and probably they checked it was the same processor rma'd in Europe, yet they accepted the RMA and sent the unit to their depot in USA (the cpu still appears in their web as under warranty by serial number),  then James offered himself to try to repair the unit, ordering parts, no charge as u can see in his emails (and that is not my problem, it is his) and no replies after that. I emailed him using another account to ask for one of his products, he replied in half an hour... That is the story...

In some forums like Techpowerup moderators and some users protect James the scammer, big disgrace!!!

MSI Godlike, 5950x, RTX 3090, GSkill 3600C14

3 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

If you are from Spain, then you must know "el timo de la estampita"... Next time you team up with someone to scam Intel, make sure you aren't "el primo" of the story... 

(To other readers: it is a scam where the perpetrator offers the victim to scam someone else, who is actually an accomplice playing dumb). 

El defensor del pueblo en España no está para estas estafillas de poca monta. Simplemente comentaba al hilo de lo que me decían del defensor del pueblo en otros estados. Aquí se puede denunciar como estafa, con el único inconveniente de que es un tema internacional y me parece  dudoso que en el Juzgado se maten mucho dada la escasa importancia del tema, sobre todo con lo atascados que están.

Sinceramente estoy escribiendo en los foros para hacer ver que este tío es un estafador de poca monta, se merece un poco de publicidad negativa por caer tan bajo...

En cuanto a estafar a Intel, me parece que estáis un poco errados. Intel tiene una política para RMA's en la que cosas como hacer overclock sin tuning plan invalida las garantías de 3 años en procesadores. En mi caso delidé el procesador y lo mandé a Holanda, allí lo abrieron y determinaron que había sido repegado y denegaron el RMA. Pero el número de serie seguía estando como disponible y en garantía en su web, por lo que tuve la brillante de idea de intentar hacer el RMA en USA, a ver si no eran tan estrictos. Eso no es estafar a Intel, es probar suerte en otra región, ya que el procesador es totalmente legítimo, inbox y tiene factura, pero claro, incumple sus políticas en cuanto a que ha sido repegado. Ni siquiera la propia Intel me ha dicho que he tratado de estafarles, o sea que ese argumento es muy falaz. De hecho en Canada por ejemplo, tal como explica Linus en uno de sus vídeos, se pueden abrir productos para repararlos y luego enviarlos en garantía. La casa te rechazará la garantía ya que se suele hacer eso, pero en Canada podrías ir a los tribunales para hacer valer tu postura e incluso ganar. No se hace por no compensar económicamente en la mayoría de casos.

Esto es lo que contesta Intel tras el RMA:

Hello Brandon,

Our warranty replacement center has determined that this processor is re-glued, which means that the warranty is voided, and the CPU will be shipped back to you. 
Bear in mind that if you send this processor to us again, it will be seized. 

Regards,
Adolfo S.
Intel Customer Support Technician

I was stupid, but don't say it so many times, i can feel offended!!!

And this is yep, "el timo de la estampita", made in Texas, USA by James the scammer from Rockit Cool... Trump voter for sure!!!

• 2 weeks later...

James has replied to my mail today, what has been a surprise for me...

According to him, the cpu is not working and he is sending the cpu back to me...

Once the cpu is here, I will report back...

On 11/27/2020 at 9:14 AM, vmanuelgm said:

*snip*

No offense, but we don't really have evidence of him trying to defraud you. We have evidence of you sending him a CPU, after he offered to try and fix it for free.

Then, while you waited, you did badmouth him on the internet.

No, it wasn't cool of him to not respond to your emails, but if your communication with him was anything like your postings here, he probably was avoiding talking to you because of it.

It pretty much just seems like you had no patience.

I also wonder, what exactly is he scamming you about? Your CPU was dead when you sent it to him - and it was already rejected from RMA, so you had already lost your money before he ever put his hands on it. The CPU was a paperweight. So what would he benefit from "stealing" it or whatever you think he was going to do?

Also, just pointing out - when Intel says they will confiscate the CPU if you try and RMA it again? They're basically telling you that trying to RMA it twice after being rejected the first time is not cool - I would definitely call that attempted fraud (especially since it's well documented that delidding voids your warranty).

I'm sorry that you didn't get the reception and sympathy here that you were clearly looking for - I want to sympathize with you, but you're being very antagonistic, and that makes it difficult.

Edited by wkdpaul

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Insisting on the same is a bit tricky. Intel can't say it is a fraud since they have the cpu on warranty right now on their webpage, check it please, there's the image with serials. They will reject it, but this is not a fraud. Gonna put an example:

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/49307-just-intel/

Yep, these guys on HWBot, they never overclock their cpus to the limit, and we all know Intel accepts RMA's when the cpu's are overclocked, without a tuning plan... This is a joke!!!

U can send a CPU as many times as u want, being legit and Intel accepting the RMA and picking it up, no problems. They also have to send it back and can't seize it except for counterfeits, previous rma'd cpu's when they gave another unit and u didnt send back the faulty, etc. So they told me not to open an RMA again, but if I opened it and they didn't send the cpu back, I could sue them because the cpu is mine and have proof of it.

In regards to parts in the cpu, the cpu is totally mine, so why the hell unsoldering parts and keeping them without my permission??? Are u kidding me??? I could sell the cpu for parts, for example, now I have a cpu which lacks voltage regulator chips... That is fraud, really!!!

And now to the badmouth, what would u do if u were me??? Remain silent when a guy who is so kind suddenly is not replying and u don't know why, and then replies acting as a victim and sends me a cpu without the voltage regulator and without my permission??? Would like to see u in my situation, really!!!

Seems like your world is upside down there!!!  FRAUD!!!

ONKhRUX.png

3 hours ago, vmanuelgm said:

In regards to parts in the cpu, the cpu is totally mine, so why the hell unsoldering parts and keeping them without my permission??? Are u kidding me??? I could sell the cpu for parts, for example, now I have a cpu which lacks voltage regulator chips... That is fraud, really!!!

Well how did you expect him to fix it without unsoldering something? You can't just wish and pray a dead cpu back to life. 

4 hours ago, vmanuelgm said:

Sell the CPU for parts? What are you going to do, sell each core individually? Those SMDs are so cheap they're basically worthless. There's nothing there to sell. You've got a dead CPU that's worth jack, probably caused by your own hand since you delidded it. 

You sent him a dead CPU, you got back a dead CPU. You didn't even pay him for his time. There's no fraud here. 

The tantrum you're throwing is pathetic and I honestly feel bad for this guy that you're going around multiple forums badmouthing all because you refuse to accept responsibility for killing your own CPU. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

29 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Sell the CPU for parts? What are you going to do, sell each core individually? Those SMDs are so cheap they're basically worthless. There's nothing there to sell. You've got a dead CPU that's worth jack, probably caused by your own hand since you delidded it. 

You sent him a dead CPU, you got back a dead CPU. You didn't even pay him for his time. There's no fraud here. 

The tantrum you're throwing is pathetic and I honestly feel bad for this guy that you're going around multiple forums badmouthing all because you refuse to accept responsibility for killing your own CPU. 

I'm honestly surprised this thread lasted this long without being locked... I'm just as confused as some folks here with what the point of this thread is all about.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

As I said, u twist so much facts that u are putting the world upside down.

I killed my cpu, u say, ok, it is under warranty even today, I open RMA's because Intel says it is under coverage in their own webpage, and the cpu is legit and is, above all, mine, because I paid 2000 euros for it. Do u understand that??? U don't want, it seems. The very Intel didn't say fraud, u can say 1000 times a lie, it won't turn into truth, embarrasing.

Second, this guy offered himself to rma the cpu and then surprisingly to fix it for free. That is not my problem, he assumed a task he didn't have to, but once u say something, u must do it, because doing another thing that is not consensed when we talk about a cpu that was worth 2000 euros, can lead to a criminal process, at least here in Spain.

Third, if the cpu is not important at all, according to your brilliant arguments, why spending time in applying heat to extract parts of it, in this case the voltage regulator chips. Can u elaborate, genious??? I saw in Ebay dead 7980xe's selling for parts, of course at low value, but they can be selled. I repeat, the cpu is mine, he couldn't extract the voltage regulator on his own, because I didn't give permission, he neither said he was doing it. EMBARRASING!!!

U can say whatever, u are partial, u are defending a scammer, who was very kind when he was lying, being a public seller, which is very very pathetic. If he was in my country he would pay the 2000 euros of the cpu, lucky him in Texas.

This is the reality, in spite of all your twisted facts. Too easy to solve= Hey James, wanna rma a processor in USA a second time, cpu under warranty after a previous one, James=not at all, kiddo, i don't do those things. Or yep, kiddo, I'll do it, and even in the case it is refused again, I can try to fix the cpu, but that costs x. vmanuelgm=ok, or not worth. That is an adult, saying the truth. Lies can turn u into a scammer, which is the case.

Being kind when lying=FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD

Keep on supporting international scammers, u are doing the right thing...

That is something Intel has to check. Until then, my cpu is today under warranty, not my fault, but Intel's fault.

Some scammers are very lucky, a lot of lawyers for free, who knows why... He even comes to tell his version, which says it all...

Just now, vmanuelgm said:

That is something Intel has to check. Until then, my cpu is today under warranty, not my fault, but Intel's fault.

They told you twice it's not under warranty. It's not like it's rocket science to check this either.

Until their webpage says another thing, it is under warranty. It is Intel fault.

But going into the facts, alwaysfsx, what do u think about James, he did the right thing?

4 minutes ago, vmanuelgm said:

Until their webpage says another thing, it is under warranty. It is Intel fault.

It doesn't, though. It's a product that comes with a warranty which you VOIDED by delidding it. Crazy, right?

4 minutes ago, vmanuelgm said:

But going into the facts, alwaysfsx, what do u think about James, he did the right thing?

He sent you back your CPU that you broke so as far as I'm concerned, he's done no wrong. You trusted a random person (for some reason) and neither gained nor lost anything. Except some sanity of yours, I guess.

Oh, even crazier thing: there's a quote button in the bottom left of this post.

21 hours ago, vmanuelgm said:

IuCOezA.jpg

Bruh, that CPU die is SANDED down lmao.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Sanding is not relevant, what is relevant is a guy sending a cpu without a voltage regulator, spending time in extracting it without sense (not worth it, they say, maybe James has a lot of free time to do nonsenses, except for replying mails when the mails are mine), according to some of the arguments here, without asking for permission, that is the funny thing...

Just now, vmanuelgm said:

Sanding is not relevant, what is relevant is a guy sending a cpu without a voltage regulator, spending time in extracting it without sense (not worth it, they say, maybe James has a lot of free time to do nonsenses, except for replying mails when the mails are mine), according to some of the arguments here, without asking for permission, that is the funny thing...

Hey bud, friendly advice, calm down. You sound triggered, triggered that someone didnt fix YOUR own doing.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hey Intel, I have this serial number, will u rma the cpu??? No problems, we pick it up by DHL in Europe, bring it to the Netherlands and then we refuse since we opened the IHS and saw u relidded it. Ok...

Hey Intel, same serial number, wanna rma in the USA, no problems, pick it up and bring it to our depot in USA, we check it and saw it has been relidded, don't send it again since we will seize it... 

Meanwhile, cpu is still under warranty in their webpage. That is my fault, of course...

Kiddo, so u just put your avatars because of the rest of the people??? U mad bro, definitely, not wasting time with you. 

U should ask for some free parts from James, he should pay your services... If u are not a clon... 

2 minutes ago, vmanuelgm said:

Hey Intel, I have this serial number, will u rma the cpu??? No problems, we pick it up by DHL in Europe, bring it to the Netherlands and then we refuse since we opened the IHS and saw u relidded it. Ok...

Hey Intel, same serial number, wanna rma in the USA, no problems, pick it up and bring it to our depot in USA, we check it and saw it has been relidded, don't send it again since we will seize it... 

Meanwhile, cpu is still under warranty in their webpage. That is my fault, of course...

Kiddo, so u just put your avatars because of the rest of the people??? U mad bro, definitely, not wasting time with you. 

U should ask for some free parts from James, he should pay your services... If u are not a clon... 

This is gold. Anyways, Intel just has to take a look at the IHS to see that it's been taken off, it's not difficult. You aren't going to make it look like manufacturing quality, ever.

Their webpage shows that the CPU came with a warranty until December of this year, that's it. You voided it. They know the serial number, they don't have to update a webpage because you sent it in. So yes, it IS your fault. Shocking I tells ya.

Pls, calling me kiddo, as if that makes you seem any more important. If you're so much older and "mature" compared to me like you think you sound, why can you not own up to your mistakes and behavior? You can't, because you're in the wrong here, and you're angry about it.

And yes, my avatar is specifically because salty people like you get salty seeing it for.. some reason? Do you even know who Red is? You could use his teaching methods right about now.

Hope James pays u soon...

12 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'm honestly surprised this thread lasted this long without being locked... I'm just as confused as some folks here with what the point of this thread is all about.

Before last page, there wasn't anything going against our rules. On last page there's some name calling, which means at least one side has run out of valid arguments.

1 hour ago, vmanuelgm said:

Some scammers are very lucky, a lot of lawyers for free, who knows why... He even comes to tell his version, which says it all...

So the way warranty status on websites works is that you search for product number and they give you date according when their database was updated by seller. This applies always if the search can be done without logging in. It won't update any details like declined RMAs since those aren't public.

So to get detailed information about warranty status of your products, you would need to register account and register product to that account. Then Intel could supply detailed, and private, info about warranty status for your product. Like if it's enrolled in Tuning Program or has extended warranty. So so far this argument is not valid and you should stop using it.

Then we get to terms of that warranty:

WHAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:

• design defects or errors in the Product (Errata). Contact Intel for information on characterizederrata.

• any costs associated with the repair or replacement of the Product, including costs of removal or replacement of theProduct;

damage to the Product, or errors or malfunctions in the Product, due to accident, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions,  use contrary to product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, mishandling, repair, improper installation or testing, combinations with  incompatible products or any third party virus, infection, worm or similar malicious code;

• that the Product will protect against all possible security threats, including intentional misconduct by third parties;

• any Product which has been modified or operated outside of Intel’s publicly available specifications, including where clock frequencies or voltages have been altered, or where the original identification markings have been removed, altered or obliterated. Intel assumes no responsibility that  the Product, including if used with altered clock frequencies or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose and will not cause any damage or injury.

See the bold part.

While this is not always considered legally binding document, it means that Intel can use it as base for refusing any claims made about the warranty. They may have additional documents that would define if they have legally rights to seize hardware sent to them if it's used for fraud or harassment.

As final word. Our Community Standards are what we go by here. Like I said, so far you or others haven't crossed the line. But any attempts to harassing members of the forums, or anyone outside the forums will be dealt with. So please take a read:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv