James from Rockit Cool doesn't want to send my 7980xe back

Vitolo

My god, do you not get how voiding warranty works? If I by a new laptop and swap out the parts and break something in it. It’s my fault not the manufacturer and hence warranty most likely void, just because it says it is under warranty it does not need to be RMAable.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

this is a fun read

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

This is amazing. 

It's heart warming to see someone get a life lesson on the 'tinternet. 

Heartwarming I tells ya. 

Honestly - if you genuinely believe you have been a victim of fraud (helpful hint - you haven't) then it's time to put up or shut up. Engage a lawyer, do things properly.

(Helpful hint, as he has now returned the CPU (which btw has had a travesty of a delid) you cannot demonstrate a real and actual loss which would be integral to a contract dispute in the UK) 

I would also potentially do some reading on the USA rather wide reaching libel laws....

Something that I am unsure of, I'd like to hear it from the OP... When you sent the cpu to Texas, what state was it in? Delidded and working (but high temperatures) or had it stopped working all together at this point? 

20 hours ago, vmanuelgm said:

and finally sent back a cpu which lacks voltage regulator

Odds are you broke it and he didn't replace it. I wouldn't either if I was being slandered on the internet by someone I was doing a solid for.

20 hours ago, vmanuelgm said:

I am a lawyer in Spain, so know well.

17c.png

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

18 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

Odds are you broke it and he didn't replace it. I wouldn't either if I was being slandered on the internet by someone I was doing a solid for.

17c.png

I was going to invoke that killer 90s UK school yard phrase: "chinny reckon"  :D