AMD just kicked Intel in the nuts and now Nvidia's A** So Badly

Das007

Since Nvidia just launched the RTX 3000 series for reasonable prices(except the RTX 3090 duhhhh!🤣🤣) , today AMD launched their New RDNA 2 RX 6000 series Graphics Cards again with reasonable prices.

Also since AMD announced some AMD specific features like Smart Memory Access that requires Ryzen 5000 series processors and 500 series motherboards their graphs during the presentation had a asterisk below mentioning RAGE MODE( OC MODE ) and SMART MEMORY ACCESS.

Only when these modes are enabled they are comparable to the RTX 3000 series cards or will it be able to perform ?

Also is the selling point for AMD here is that they are offering 16GB of VRAM(which is much better than Nvidia) and a better Architecture.

Let me know your thoughts as I am a bit confused on which one to choose and also happy because of the competition between these companies ensures better products for us the consumers.

Dual_Roadmap_678x452.png

Oh shoot? How did you get one so early to independently verify this?!

Yea I am expecting a quick reply from Nvidia with their Ti or Super series.

But at the end of the day it all depends on the PRICE

2 minutes ago, SAVE12HK said:

glad to see competition is finally back

which will you buy? NONE

both teams are forced to react quickly by releasing new gen sooner this time

What are you talking about? They will NOT release new cards "sooner". They'll simply adjust their prices and dump the old cards while releasing an adjusted version. We'll probs see a 3090 Ti just so Nvidia can stay on top and it'll be a couple of % faster but it is not going to be next gen.

Just now, Gamer Schnitzel said:

What are you talking about? They will NOT release new cards "sooner". They'll simply adjust their prices and dump the old cards while releasing an adjusted version. We'll probs see a 3090 Ti just so Nvidia can stay on top and it'll be a couple of % faster but it is not going to be next gen.

i will have a literal stroke if they release a gpu with a power draw of more than 350w

Hey but you guys must appreciate AMD for their effort in both CPU AND GPU changes.

Looking at those charts I won’t be buying until 2022

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I had just bought a brand new 5700XT to fill in for a card that is being RMA'd and it did nothing but crash, blue/black screen, and stutter.  This was last week.  Figured they have had long enough to work on their drivers at this point.

I dont care how good their price/performance is, IMO the only good thing they are doing is driving down NVIDIA prices.  

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

3 minutes ago, Zberg said:

I had just bought a brand new 5700XT to fill in for a card that is being RMA'd and it did nothing but crash, blue/black screen, and stutter.  This was last week.  Figured they have had long enough to work on their drivers at this point.

I dont care how good their price/performance is, IMO the only good thing they are doing is driving down NVIDIA prices.  

I've had a 5700XT since release day, mine has never crashed or shown even a tiny bit of instability. People are always so quick to blame drivers without having any real evidence its the driver at fault.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

26 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Oh shoot? How did you get one so early to independently very this?!

Very secretive information ( he‘s probably a pro hacker ;) )

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

1 hour ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

simply adjust their prices

when did nvid ever drop price?

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

I've had a 5700XT since release day, mine has never crashed or shown even a tiny bit of instability. People are always so quick to blame drivers without having any real evidence its the driver at fault.

I got an asrock phantom gaming d back in February. It has been an absolute nightmare. It took them 3 cards before I got one that would not black screen and constantly crash. This experience has made me leary of Asrock and amd gpus. AMD might have a world beater but until they can do stable drivers and force the board partners to use good chips that are stable. I will always see AMD as second fiddle to Nvidia.

@viking_power

Im right there with you man. I had a 5700, and 2 sapphire pulse 5700xt cards and had nothing but issues with them. Threw a 2080 super in the same pc and didn’t have a single issue. 

I watched the announcement, laughed when they showed the dates and cried a little when they showed the prices.  If the 6800xt was $599 I probably would of given it a shot. With it being  $650 I’ll buy a evga 3070 and enroll in the step up program to a 3080 when I can finally get one. 

I’m done trying to solve the black screen issues I had with amd last time and not willing to try them out again. To those of you who’ve had good luck with amd cards, I’m happy for you but this is a gamble I won’t take again 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 minutes ago, E23Dude said:

AMD is bringing sexy back!

If they want to bring sexy back, they would start by putting the designs on their cards like ATI did. I would refund my 3090 in a second if they did that.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

I wouldn't say completely obliterated Nvidia like they did Intel. They brought back competition which is great! However, Nvidia has not been like Intel, they have continued innovating and doing more than just incremental upgrades most of the time. 

Nvidia is doing more than just "barely" keeping up so I doubt the situation will evolve into what happened to Intel, but I think it is great to have so many good options in the high end!

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

39 minutes ago, kaylexmorgana said:

If they want to bring sexy back, they would start by putting the designs on their cards like ATI did. I would refund my 3090 in a second if they did that.

Yes, i miss my old ATI Sapphire card from back in the old days :D It even had a Fan! that was awsome :P 

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Fair enough.  But since their launch there seemed to be almost daily threads here for the longest time with the same story.  Crashing.  Blue screens.  Everyone guiding them through the same process of DDU - driver reinstall - nothing working - troubleshoot through the wazoo - RMA.  My buddy that sits 3 chairs down had one in his work system, nothing but problems, its been returned.  I reluctantly tried one because it was the best card bestbuy had, and it was garbage from go. *it had to be returned because it would never work properly*

Call it what you want, bad drivers, bad GPU, bad whatever, their last gen was sub-par and the great price was not worth the large amount of defective GPUs and bad drivers that plagued it.  It wasnt a coincidence that almost daily there was a "my 5700XT isnt working for some reason" thread

3 hours ago, viking_power said:

I got an asrock phantom gaming d back in February. It has been an absolute nightmare. It took them 3 cards before I got one that would not black screen and constantly crash. This experience has made me leary of Asrock and amd gpus. AMD might have a world beater but until they can do stable drivers and force the board partners to use good chips that are stable. I will always see AMD as second fiddle to Nvidia.

Exactly this.  I was already skeptical of AMD from the constant anecdotes from friends about bad experiences.  I gave it a try and instantly had the same issues...crashing, stuttering, black screens, freezing.  Returned it and put in a cheap EVGA 1660ti from bestbuy and instantly perfect, everything back to normal.  Plug and play.  The user experience for *some* has been seamless with AMD...but it seems there are too many mistakes still

2 hours ago, Zberg said:

Exactly this.  I was already skeptical of AMD from the constant anecdotes from friends about bad experiences.  I gave it a try and instantly had the same issues...crashing, stuttering, black screens, freezing.  Returned it and put in a cheap EVGA 1660ti from bestbuy and instantly perfect, everything back to normal.  Plug and play.  The user experience for *some* has been seamless with AMD...but it seems there are too many mistakes still

Similar experience.. My AMD didn't crash (probably because I'm a pro at installing driver, or just luck.. 😅) but I did have a lot of issues, mainly with performance, functionality and features. 

There drivers seem just unfinished (they probably are) and seem to follow form over function. An approach I fundamentally don't agree with. 

That said I hope they're improving and I'd probably go team "Rage" this time, despite their edginess, because I'm also rather disappointed with Nvidia's offerings and availability thereof. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I think they only perform better in the benchmarks because they had the better CPU to test, none at the moment has acces to the 5950X but AMD.

This is entirely based off the numbers out of AMD but I think AMD has closed the raw performance gap.

Putting the 6900XT aside for a moment I think AMD over priced this gen, they may have felt the total lack of stock available on Nvidia's side would cover them for keeping the prices tighter to Nvidia.

But until AMD proves they have overall parity or a performance lead over Nvidia they are going to be the budget brand. A $50 drop on a $700 card is not going to be enough for a lot of people I think. My personal opinion is with Nvidia's misstep this gen AMD just lost a golden opportunity to lock down a large portion of the GPU market by pricing more aggressively for this gen.

6900XT aside I think a lot of people at Nvidia are breathing a sigh of relief right now.

4 hours ago, Zberg said:

And I'm still waiting for the day where Ryzen is as flexible as Intel platforms... Ryzen is one of those platforms where if you add one additional stick of memory, the whole thing just crashes and burns. 

People always wonder why I wouldn't recommend AMD Ryzen systems to my friends. I just don't want to be the one troubleshooting it when shit hits the fan with that platform. And it's not easy fixes too. The moment you have to toy around with XMP profiles to get the thing running right at stock, I'm out. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

The RX6800 is $579 and RX6800XT is $649..... isn't the XT card more reasonable here because I feel AMD just overpriced the RX6800 it must have been $500.