LTT photoshopping medical disability onto Linus for clickbait... really?!

Roswell

So here's the deal... I'm not some fragile snowflake, nor do I have said disability. But let's get real, photoshopping a a visual impairment disability onto Linus for laughs and clickbait is of really poor taste.

This is the condition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strabismus

You're basically making fun of people that suffer from vision loss and face an enormous amount of insecurity and ridicule in their lives so you can get a few more clicks on your video. Where is the line drawn? Would you guys be comfortable photoshopping Linus as an amputee for more clicks? A quadriplegic?  

Not cool, LMG team. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 3.19.28 AM.png

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

1 minute ago, Vitamanic said:

So here's the deal... I'm not some fragile snowflake, nor do I have said disability. But let's get real, photoshopping a a visual impairment disability onto Linus for laughs and clickbait is of really poor taste

It got a laugh out of me. On the other hand, I find this thread itself in poor taste.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

i'm pretty sure they didn't mean for it to look like the disability.

and i think it's just an honest mistake in an attempt to make linus look silly, they made it look like an actual disability.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

*grabs snacks and soda before thread war begins* I don't think they meant it as in that way to be against the disability or something I'm not defending but I don't see this as wrong since it's been done more than once on YouTube and it is not meant to be a bad meaning it is meant to be funny

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Making a guy look funny is wayyy different from making fun of a disease. I am sure that the LMG team did it with good intentions.
*Ahh yes the thread war begins*

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

6 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

So here's the deal... I'm not some fragile snowflake, nor do I have said disability. But let's get real, photoshopping a a visual impairment disability onto Linus for laughs and clickbait is of really poor taste.

This is the condition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strabismus

You're basically making fun of people that suffer from vision loss and face an enormous amount of insecurity and ridicule in their lives so you can get a few more clicks on your video. Where is the line drawn? Would you guys be comfortable photoshopping Linus as an amputee for more clicks? A quadriplegic?  

Not cool, LMG team. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 3.19.28 AM.png

Anything funny is generally at the expense of someone else. Also it's literally just someone going boz eyed it's not like they've got him in a wheelchair pretending to have Alzheimer's or something. Please stop being a snowflake and getting offended on someone else's behalf.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Just now, Smit Devrukhkar said:

Making a guy look funny is wayyy different from making fun of a disease. I am sure that the LMG team did it with good intentions.

I think any adult with half a brain is well aware that people that are permanently crosseyed or the opposite as seen above, exist. That's the point, it's not really funny. It's a medical condition.

Calling a person imbecille is 99,9% used technically wrong and derogatively. But it actally has taken that new meaning meaning just fool or something similar.

It's just the human mind - is it a medical condition or derogatory term...

I edit my posts more often than not

In reality it was made for comedic value, no thought was given into the possibility of someone being offended by it. Atleast thats what I think is the case.

12 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I'm not some fragile snowflake

This is exactly how this comes out as though. Who else takes every piece of humor as an attack to whatever group can apply on that day? Ridiculous. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

This is exactly how this comes out as though. Who else takes every piece of humor as an attack to whatever group can apply on that day? Ridiculous. 

I don’t think you need to be a snowflake to acknowledge that disabilities shouldn’t be used as a source of humor? 

I could see if someone has a disability themself that they can be self deprecating to poke fun at it. But that’s not the case here. The whole acting like you have Down’s syndrome thing in the 90s fell out of favor pretty hard for the same reason.

3 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I don’t think you need to be a snowflake to acknowledge that disabilities shouldn’t be used as a source of humor? 

You need to be a snowflake to instantly assign "funny weird look" to "they're making fun of a disability!"

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

"No one should ever be allowed to make any sort of fun of literally anything, because it'll offend someone"

Exactly. OP must not be fun at parties.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

7 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

There is quite literally nothing you cannot make fun of without offending someone.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

23 minutes ago, DutchGuyTom said:

I agree that this resembles the visual impairment you're referencing but I genuinely don't think most people are aware of it and/or making the connection.

I did when i saw it, and I can see how some people can get offended by it

but LMG didnt mean to mock anyone or anything, it's just an honest mistake. coincidence.

IMO, they should change it. funny faces are fine, but when it resembles a disability, that's where I draw the line.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You need to be a snowflake to instantly assign "funny weird look" to "they're making fun of a disability!"

Exactly. OP must not be fun at parties.

So... people that face visual impairment and ridicule = “funny weird look”?

This response would be more logical if it was some obscure disease or disability, but it’s not. You and everyone else knows these people exist.

Oh yeah, I forgot in 2020 we can't make jokes anymore... 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

There is quite literally nothing you cannot make fun of without offending someone.

General rule of thumb is don’t make fun of someone’s disability, race, etc. Things people can’t change. It’s not a super hard thing to avoid.

3 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Context matters, but you're completely ignoring that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

43 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

You mean just like all cartoons and children comic books? There's also a medical condition making people turn red (allergies do that too) so should we  all feel outraged about angry face emojis?

43 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I'm not some fragile snowflake

Not so sure about that. Trying to feel outraged out of everything isn't going to make things better. If they had put a picture of Linus with no hair it would be making fun of people fighting a cancer and if he was eating a hamburger it would be making fun of people with obesity.

33 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It got a laugh out of me. On the other hand, I find this thread itself in poor taste.

31 minutes ago, Kanna said:

*grabs snacks and soda before thread war begins* I don't think they meant it as in that way to be against the disability or something I'm not defending but I don't see this as wrong since it's been done more than once on YouTube and it is not meant to be a bad meaning it is meant to be funny

Exactly. It's super easy today to pretend to feel outraged about any random thing to grab attention. I think we shouldn't reply to threads of this kind in the first place. It's not like it will end up like "Okay you're right, I made a stupid assumption."

28 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I think any adult with half a brain is well aware that people that are permanently crosseyed or the opposite as seen above, exist. That's the point, it's not really funny. It's a medical condition.

Then make another thread about an comic book characters that turns its exes unnaturally because thats bad taste too...

Seriously, just because you make linus look silly doesn't equal making fun of medical conditions. By this definition, making linus stand crooket equals making fun of having some other disability...

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

20 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

This response would be more logical if it was some obscure disease or disability, but it’s not. You and everyone else knows these people exist.

I have a close friend who actually has eyes looking like that, along with many other disabilities. 

But I'm able to understand the context and know that the thumbnail actually has nothing do do with people like him.

It's not because it looks the same that the intent is to stab at anyone. People who can't differentiate that are incredibly superficial. 

The "offended" game never works positively for anyone. If you're offended for a group that you're not even part in, why do you not consider that you saying you're offended offends someone else? 

Just goes around in circles for absolutely no valid reason. And usually the goup you feel offended for wouldn't even be offended themselves.

F@H

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, DutchGuyTom said:

And you're forgetting that some people have strabismus and live with it everyday. For them, this thumbnail could be another reminder that their disability is just a funny face to others.

I'm not forgetting it, actually. I just don't agree about the relevance. The funny eyes in the thumbnail is in the context of Microsoft now making games both for themselves and their competitor, not in the context of just simply making fun of people with strabismus.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

context of Microsoft now making games both for themselves and their competitor

honestly, i didnt think it was about this

just thought it was another random funny face (that resembled the disability)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately