Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 hour ago, VirusDumb said:

i hate cars, specially SUVs which have are only meant to be sold as a status symbol and arent really that offroad capabale

And SUVs are a lot worse than other cars in terms of accidents. Roll more easily, causing a lot of serious damage or killing passangers. Sedans are the best. 

On 7/18/2023 at 12:50 PM, PopsCurling said:

I don't like spring it is like between winter and summer I wish it would just go winter  summer.

How to crack your glass in 1 easy step

Breaking things 1 day at a time

On 7/19/2023 at 7:08 AM, Forbidden Wafer said:

Driving is bad. Speed is where the fun is. See roller-coaster, bungee jumping, skydiving, etc. 

Thats why I take my car past 160mph (in minecraft)

Breaking things 1 day at a time

THe Mazda MX-5 has gotten uglier with each revision AND lost its original intent. First gen with pop up headlights was the best.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

THe Mazda MX-5 has gotten uglier with each revision AND lost its original intent. First gen with pop up headlights was the best.

I like NA and ND but everything in between I agree.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If you are trainee or an intern, you should show some self interest in the job. It might be my job to show you how to get started but it’s not my job to force feed you information so that you can call yourself X or Y. Especially if I keep repeating same thing over and over. 

Fuck, I’m frustrated with humans. I’m gonna hire a cat next time around.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

This is the opposite of an unpopular opinion.

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

The Miata is like the spiritual successor to the mgb roadster 

I don’t like pizza with only the 4+ cheeses. At least add something else.

On 7/4/2023 at 9:15 AM, Stahlmann said:

- The useage of reddit and twitter generally results in a less happy life.

Social media really does make one unhappy, I live a happier life skipping it or limiting its use to cat videos.

14 minutes ago, TastyTaco said:

Social media really does make one unhappy, I live a happier life skipping it or limiting its use to cat videos.

Same. I'm just not cut out for the social part of social media. I'll stick to just media please.

This is not an opinion but an observation I made after watching several social media posts and YouTube videos which say stuff like that and reading a few books which mention stuff like that

People who say things like "school makes you stupid" "school kills talent" "schooling system has failed us" are either

• Really talented and extremely highly skilled individuals who are already really successful in if not 1 but multiple fields and have really high value in modern society

Or

• Basement dwellers whose lazy asses didn't really take interest in any particular thing or field, didn't explore anything, don't have any special skills or talent that has a value in modern society 

There's no inbetween, while the average people like us who have a pretty normal life nothing too good or bad just working white collar jobs and being a functional part/a gear of the society , may agree with these people but we can't really point out how the schooling system has failed us, even though we feel like it has and unless one of those 2 kind of people tell us how we won't be able to tell.

9 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

i hate cars, specially SUVs which have are only meant to be sold as a status symbol and arent really that offroad capabale

You never tried to drive a Ford Focus in the winter, with snow on the ground when Wayne County was so poor it couldn't afford snow removal. Having to turn on traction control and floor it to spin the tires to melt the snow to get to pavement is probably not safe. Don't have that issue with my Nissan Rogue. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

15 hours ago, Bitter said:

This is the opposite of an unpopular opinion.

Oh, I thought I was the only one who didn't like where the MX-5 has gone.

15 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

The Miata is like the spiritual successor to the mgb roadster 

I know. Or at least it was supposed to be. Small, light, simple and reliable. Mazda has lost sight of that.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Mazda has lost sight of that.

They're now busy making ugly compact SUVs like everyone else, it's what the consumers are eating up, I don't remember the last time I saw a new mx5 

On 7/21/2023 at 2:57 PM, VirusDumb said:

People who say things like "school makes you stupid" "school kills talent" "schooling system has failed us" are either

• Really talented and extremely highly skilled individuals who are already really successful in if not 1 but multiple fields and have really high value in modern society

Or

• Basement dwellers whose lazy asses didn't really take interest in any particular thing or field, didn't explore anything, don't have any special skills or talent that has a value in modern society 

People who were truly destined to do greater than average schooling can offer, were unaffected by the educational system.

People who are smarter than the average person by a bit will still fall into that first group at times, if they’re not smart enough at the time to recognize what conventional education is, and instead resent it for what it isn’t.

The reality is the school system fails most people in context to their individual potential because it generalizes massive groups. The flip is to take what you can get from the generalization and work your individual strengths yourself.

But most kids are dumb and people inherently try to fall into the “regular process” and don’t like to deviate from it. A lot of people squander their own potential in that regard because they don’t pursue it, in some view as if the school system is suppressing them.

I speak as someone where elementary school was anxiety, intermediate and middle school served as nothing more than a time to artistically explore myself, and highschool’s only purpose was sex and the social ladder.

Everything else I really needed or wanted educationally for myself was done by myself. School is to just do what you’re supposed to do, learn some basics, if you want more or a speciality you need to learn that yourself.

I didn’t get where I am, as overwhelmingly “slightly above average” as that can be, by putting down I have a highschool diploma or elective classes and clubs on my resume. I got there by simply being good at anything I do because I spent time learning how to teach myself new things. 

On 7/21/2023 at 9:05 AM, VirusDumb said:

Ok, I love my land boat, its comfy on drives (My family regularly does over 200 mile drives).

(this is the base spec explorer)

I spend alot of time in the back seat of cars and I got to say as someone at 5'11 a back of a explorer is one of the best trip experiences ever.

I also have driven the suv alot on highways best thing to cruze it stays planted in the lane and doesnt sway that badly in high winds.

On 7/21/2023 at 10:59 AM, Forbidden Wafer said:

And SUVs are a lot worse than other cars in terms of accidents. Roll more easily, causing a lot of serious damage or killing passangers. Sedans are the best. 

Doubt, you can flip any veichal over.

IMG_1562.thumb.JPG.75aa09aaa3b975c26ad45e73cea13378.JPG

I responded to this crash, lady got distracted by a bee in the cabin and hit a telephone pole at 25 mph.

23 hours ago, Donut417 said:

You never tried to drive a Ford Focus in the winter, with snow on the ground when Wayne County was so poor it couldn't afford snow removal. Having to turn on traction control and floor it to spin the tires to melt the snow to get to pavement is probably not safe. Don't have that issue with my Nissan Rogue. 

I live in pretty suburban/rural PA, when snow is 4 in its slick as frick a suv makes it so much easier to drive around. Also there is so many roads that are just gravel and its handy.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

On 7/22/2023 at 3:31 AM, Levent said:

If you are trainee or an intern, you should show some self interest in the job. It might be my job to show you how to get started but it’s not my job to force feed you information so that you can call yourself X or Y. Especially if I keep repeating same thing over and over. 

Fuck, I’m frustrated with humans. I’m gonna hire a cat next time around.

I agree unless it unpaid or more then 15 hours a week. people either need the time get other work to eat and live or get funding to eat and live.

Work quality is equal to what I get out the work you do, we not friends we are not family you earn those ranks by looking after us. 

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors. 

Superchargers>Turbochargers

Imo they are just fun, both you and the supercharger goes WEEEE and it's great on V8s

Good public transport system >>> cars

I was born in a relatively car dependent country and moved to a country with exceptional public transportation. No need to spend tens of thousands euros or dollars on a vehicle, no need to pay for car insurance and taxes, no need to think about the parking. Also while commuting I can read, watch movies/series, play games etc. Finally, the best thing is no traffic jams. 

Also cars are not freedom. Having an option to choose between multiple modes of transportation is freedom. 

I like butter and cinnamon on my french toast instead of maple syrup. Sorry Canadians. 

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

I've stopped trying to get people to get into PC gaming.  I've learned that the average consumer just doesn't give a damn.

I have a few friends, and while yes, they do have gaming PCs, they don't care about the latest specs, the fastest GPUs/CPUs, staying up to date with everything.  Most of them just want to play games with everyone, they don't care how.

Granted, this is all anecdotal.  But even on discord and other social media platforms, people I talk to just wanna play the latest Nintendo/Xbox/Playstation games.  A lot of them also already have 4K TVs and if they want to play games in 4K, well it's much cheaper and easier to buy a Series X or PS5 and play games in 4K that way than building a PC capable of it.

IDK, I guess my unpopular opinion is that, PC gaming isn't the end all be all, and it's not the best solution, especially for a lot of people.  It'll always remain niche compared to consoles.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 7/24/2023 at 10:32 PM, kasugatei said:

Good public transport system >>> cars

While that might be true. The issue is some countries just cant do public transit to save their lives. The US is one of those countries.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

44 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

While that might be true. The issue is some countries just cant do public transit to save their lives. The US is one of those countries.

The thing is at one point we could (I'm not saying to the extent that other nations have it now), and we have individual cities that prove that at least parts of the US knows how to implement public transportation.

Our issue is two (probably more) major issues.  Lobbying from the car industry, because a lot of cities had a semi decent public transportation system in the past, and our two biggest train companies. 

Amtrak was basically a bailout to save what is today BNSF and Canadian Pacific, with the lines they still own to be upgraded to be high speed rail capable.  They keep delaying upgrading their lines.  The US only has one "high speed" line, and it's on a stretch of the eastern seaboard that Amtrak owns. 

We in theory could do public transportation again, but lobbying from BNSF/Canadian Pacific and the car industry will mean we never spend the money to actually do it right.  (Also I want a viable high speed rail public transportation system in the US.  I'd even be happy if the current routes Amtrak has were upgraded to high speed rail nationwide.)

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.