Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
16 hours ago, micha_vulpes said:

• Playing a game, even that is supposed challenging one, on easy is perfectly acceptable. Games are fun and should be

Agreed. I only recently got back into gaming after nearly 15 years (apart from the odd Guitar Hero or Mario Kart 64 session) and, between work, family, kids, other hobbies, and just life obligations in general, I have a very limited time to actually play. I want to experience certain games but I don't want to spend a week trying to beat a mid-game boss after numerous respawns. I have no issue playing a game in easy mode and just enjoying the ride. But last time I reached out to the gaming community at large for suggestions, you'd think I was committing a crime worse than genocide and was ostracized for daring to play a game on easy.

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck

15 hours ago, htimsenyawed said:

Everyone should carry a pocket knife, a flashlight and a lighter on them.

A pocket knife is useful for everything from trimming loose threads to peeling an apple. An actual flashlight, not your phone flashlight, is actually useful - looking in under it behind things or seeing more than 2 feet in front of you (seriously, why do people think a phone flashlight is so great) at night. And a lighter, whether a person smokes or not, can be used for a huge variety of tasks. 

A lot of people forget that these basic tools will make you life much easier on a day to day basis. 

My literal EDC.

_MG_2524.thumb.JPG.21491c63927892962bbf1cc604c949b3.JPG

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 minutes ago, htimsenyawed said:

I broke the pocket clip off my Steamlight MIcrostream getting out of my car yesterday, and that's a shame. It's been through the washing machine and dryer about 5 times now and still works great. 

I broke the lens on mine but it still works I dropped it on concrete I havent had it fixed by them I really should they are like 2-4 hours away... Streamlight has spare parts btw so they sell the clip with botton... https://eweb.streamlight.com/parts_store/default.aspx?tabid=10&tabindex=0&tabname=Products

5 minutes ago, htimsenyawed said:

I switch between my Gerber US-Assist and my MicroTech UltraTech SE for knives though. I always carry a Gerber MP-600 with me as well.

I love this cold steel, some what cheap, sharp. I understand gerber (had mini paraframe). I like leatherman for multitools.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

The environment would be a lot better if everyone rode a 2 stroke 1950s-70s 50-125cc scooters,mopeds, Vespas to commute to work and get groceries and stuff instead of big bulky electric SUVs

Tim Burtons Batman movie from 1989 is the best Batman movie that has been made. Batman Returns from 1992, while not in the same league, is the second best.

The movies hit the sweet spot between broody, gothic and whimsical. 

Nolans Batman movies are probably the worst based of the worst comic albums with Batman. Batman is silly and whimsical, not serious and dark. Clooney and Kilmer Batmans are better (while still pretty bad) because at least they took the source material (that is silly and whimsical) to heart.

On 7/5/2023 at 4:20 AM, VirusDumb said:

The environment would be a lot better if everyone rode a 2 stroke 1950s-70s 50-125cc scooters,mopeds, Vespas to commute to work and get groceries and stuff instead of big bulky electric SUVs

True story, those older 2 stroke 50cc engines pollute more than a 2023 5.7L V8.

The quality of information and software peaked in 2011.

People don't wash their smart watches enough. People will wear them every day and never clean it thoroughly.

I personally clean my watch almost weekly by just tossing it in the washing machine with the rest of my clothes. It can get real nasty otherwise, so I can't imagine what people's smart watches are like who exercise with them regularly. 

Dishonesty receiving achievements in video games like buying boosting services or through cheating is no different than other dishonest ways of getting accomplishments. I see it as similar to people who use steroids/anabolics/PEDs whether or not they've claimed to be 'natural' or not. 

Some 'hot takes' for the masses I guess.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Salt shouldn't be added to 99% of foods.

Especially since bread already has salt in it.  And some foods like cheeses and tomatoes already have a salty flavor.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

The early 2000s-2010s 3d glossy stuff that was everywhere has to come back 

People have made GTA 4 overrated by calling it underrated too much, the physics are unnecessary, lags too much, driving is unpleasant, there isn't even much to do as compared to San Andreas, riding the motorcycles feel like driving a minivan

I don't see myself ever wanting a smartwatch.

I already carry around a glass slab which is constantly communicating over the internet, ready to alert me the instant a company I bought one thing from several months ago announces they have a sale on, or anyone decides to send me some random meme, or whatever. How much more connected do I really need to be than that?

Honestly I dislike push notifications on smartphones for a similar reason. If someone has information for me which is so urgent that it can't wait until the next time I decide to look at my phone, a text message probably isn't the best medium for that anyway - they should probably actually be phoning me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

53 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I don't see myself ever wanting a watch in general. They're absolutely useless if you already carry your phone around.

53 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Honestly I dislike push notifications on smartphones for a similar reason. If someone has information for me which is so urgent that it can't wait until the next time I decide to look at my phone, a text message probably isn't the best medium for that anyway - they should probably actually be phoning me.

Other than whatsapp and gmail i don't allow any other app to send push notifications or to run in the background in general. And on top of that, notifications are always muted. If someone wants to get an immediate response, they better call me. 

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 7/7/2021 at 12:27 AM, Bitter said:

Deep Purple and Black Sabbath peaked with their first few albums

That is a pretty cold take.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:59 PM, kokakolia said:

who somehow elevates the whiny vocals which annoy me.

try closing your nose and shouting ''our only goal will be the western shore!''. will definitely sound like them

5 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I already carry around a glass slab which is constantly communicating over the internet, ready to alert me the instant a company I bought one thing from several months ago announces they have a sale on, or anyone decides to send me some random meme, or whatever. How much more connected do I really need to be than that?

If you spend a little bit of time setting things up it can actually boost your productivity / disturb you less than just using a smartphone.

I start by disabling all notifications for my smartwatch and then enable a select few.
As an example:

- Phone calls.
- A separate app for an important work mail account.

That way if my watch is ringing/vibrating I know I should take a look at it, 

just glancing at the notification will usually tell me if it is something that needs my attention ASAP or if it can wait,

only then (if it can't wait) I'll go grab my phone.

And while yes, I do have one more thing I have to keep charged... at least my phone battery lasts longer now. 😄

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

I don't like spring it is like between winter and summer I wish it would just go winter  summer.

Both Terrifier films sucked so hard.

At least SAW has a story. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I don't get the love with driving or cars, scares the shit out of me. Maybe I'll get my license before I'm 60.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

8 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I don't get the love with driving or cars, scares the shit out of me. Maybe I'll get my license before I'm 60.

Driving is bad. Speed is where the fun is. See roller-coaster, bungee jumping, skydiving, etc. 

On 7/19/2023 at 5:38 PM, Forbidden Wafer said:

Driving is bad. Speed is where the fun is. See roller-coaster, bungee jumping, skydiving, etc. 

thats why mototrcycles are better than cars, much more speed at much cheaper price 

On 7/19/2023 at 11:26 PM, Bitter said:

Speed is boring, corners are fun.

thats why motorcycles are better than cars, turning the handles or leaning actually feels like something instead of understeering into grass or oversteering off a cliff