Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

I believe that most people don't know how bad their driving skills are. I would say most people should get their driver's license revoked. Also, a lot of people that will agree to this will be part of those people that shouldn't drive.

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

I believe that most people don't know how bad their driving skills are. I would say most people should get their driver's license revoked. Also, a lot of people that will agree to this will be part of those people that shouldn't drive.

Yourself included?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

31 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

Yourself included?

I probably should.  I’m a shitty driver.  I’m inattentive.  I need it though.  If the D.L. was revoked form most people the economy of my country would collapse.  No one could get to work.  There isn’t enough public transportation and we wouldn’t be able to build more because not enough people could get to factories to build it.  The home value of suburbs would drop to near zero. That stuff is farmland if you can’t commute and it’s not even that anymore with all those square concrete lined holes in the ground. A lot of people would die.  It’s really quite mad max. What might be possible is raise the test difficulty for new drivers to, say, German standards, and have a grandfather clause.  Then it would take 20 years to actually do and communities would have time to react.  Suburb home values would fall the same distance, if they didn’t connect their whole area to fast public transportation (trolly systems basically created the suburbs in the first place at the turn of the 20th century) area to but they’d do it more slowly.  Also driving would start to SUUUCK.  

Streets and highways cost money to maintain, and with only those able to drive willing to pay for it the freeway system would basically disappear.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

31 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

Yourself included?

I thought, that if I make a claim like this, I should be sure that I'm not one of those idiots either. So I asked people that drove with me what they think about my driving and the response I've gotten from friends, colleagues, and family, is that I'm a very calm driver that never takes any unnecessary chances. I don't get mad when someone takes my right of way, I don't honk my horn, I'm never on the phone and if I'm tired I stop to get some rest. 

I have also done two independent vehicle safety trainings to make sure that I know how my car would behave in a dangerous situation and also to be able to judge different situations better.

So no I don't include myself.

Also, here's a video of me driving when a dumbass cut me off.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lw-kJ6Gzq4aiRbJA4BbYxiWy2gvFENXw/view?usp=drive_link

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I probably should.  I’m a shitty driver.  I’m inattentive.  I need it though.

At least you recognize that you're a bad driver, or at least you think you are. A lot of people also seem to think that they are, but actually aren't all that bad. 

If you're the kind of driver that might miss a green light and needs to be honked at to wake up or is slow to react, then I'd say that's fine. But I'm talking about the people that do not even keep half of the required safety distance between cars, of which there are many. If you can't even do that, then you'd be a bad driver. Or if you're cutting people off to get an exit. That'd make you a bad driver. Basically, anything that endangers others makes you a bad driver and I'd say that at least 50% of all drivers endanger others with their driving without even knowing it.

30 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I thought, that if I make a claim like this, I should be sure that I'm not one of those idiots either. So I asked people that drove with me what they think about my driving and the response I've gotten from friends, colleagues, and family, is that I'm a very calm driver that never takes any unnecessary chances. I don't get mad when someone takes my right of way, I don't honk my horn, I'm never on the phone and if I'm tired I stop to get some rest. 

I have also had two independent vehicle safety trainings done to make sure that I know how my car would behave in a dangerous situation and also to be able to judge different situations better.

So no I don't include myself.

At least you recognize that you're a bad driver, or at least you think you are. A lot of people also seem to think that they are, but actually aren't all that bad. 

If you're the kind of driver that might miss a green light and needs to be honked at to wake up or is slow to react, then I'd say that's fine. But I'm talking about the people that do not even keep half of the required safety distance between cars, of which there are many. If you can't even do that, then you'd be a bad driver. Or if you're cutting people off to get an exit. That'd make you a bad driver. Basically, anything that endangers others makes you a bad driver and I'd say that at least 50% of all drivers endanger others with their driving without even knowing it.

Oh I suck alright.  There is one person who actually won’t get into the car when I’m driving.  He may be a bit nuts but for him it’s real.   I was told by several male relatives to never buy a motorcycle because it would kill me.  Not them.  They had alll had motorcycles at one time or another.  Me though, I would die.  Come to think of it the guy who won’t get in the car currently owns one.  He doesn’t ride it anymore but he still owns it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I believe that most people don't know how bad their driving skills are.

What percentage is bad driving vs Aggressive driving / road rage? Because Ive seen some shit. People around my parts drive like they stole it. They need to be to work by 8am but they are leaving at 8:05am. It's like you're already late, the boss is going to punish you either way. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Valheim, is not that good of a game and the content progression I feel is a bit off to map design.
But the game has a few fun elements to it, some around its starting point and crafting/building.

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Valheim, is not that good of a game and the content progression I feel is a bit off to map design.
But the game has a few fun elements to it, some around its starting point and crafting/building.

Well it's still in early access. So I think thats part of it. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Subnautica changed a ton over the whole early access thing.

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

to bring some extra fun elements, but I doubt it will handle the core issues some people have with it.

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

What percentage is bad driving vs Aggressive driving / road rage?

I would argue that they're both bad driving.

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

People around my parts drive like they stole it.

They do that everywhere. I just drove to work and I had a BMW X7 behind me tailgate only for him to then be 10 seconds quicker after around 30km of driving. 

2 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I would argue that they're both bad driving.

They do that everywhere. I just drove to work and I had a BMW X7 behind me tailgate only for him to then be 10 seconds quicker after around 30km of driving. 

BMWs have a horrible rep.  They seem to be eclipsed lately by suspiciously clean pickup trucks with a body colored bedcover. I assumed the bmw drivers had switched to those.

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

just drove to work and I had a BMW X7 behind me tailgate only for him to then be 10 seconds quicker after around 30km of driving. 

When they do that to me, I go slower. Michigan law says I can do up to 10 MPH slower than the speed limit. Im never really in a hurry. 

15 hours ago, Donut417 said:

When they do that to me, I go slower. Michigan law says I can do up to 10 MPH slower than the speed limit. Im never really in a hurry. 

Ah yes, the slow game. I have played this many times. The key to it is to speed up just enough to block their passing a few times.

19 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Ah yes, the slow game. I have played this many times. The key to it is to speed up just enough to block their passing a few times.

Had a guy get pissed at me doing the speed limit today. He decided to pass in a no passing zone, while there was oncoming traffic. The oncoming traffic had to use the right lane used for when people are turning left in to a business or neighborhood, just to miss this clown. Like one whole side of his car was missing panels like he had been in an accident. 

I got a controversial one. 

I think that automation, AI and self service is going to have to be the future due to our aging population.

I believe that the only way stores and restaurants are going to survive is by doing some forms of automation. Sure some will loose their jobs, but these jobs are not exactly in hot demand. Many times employers have a hard time filling these positions. Less high schoolers are getting in to the workforce and the boomers are retiring. It's so bad that in some state they are trying to repeal child labor laws to help fill in the gaps. I think AI and automation will do a better job of filling in the gaps. In the case of restaurants they will probably provide a more consistent experience. While some jobs will be lost, others will be created. For my understanding this is what Japan has been doing due to low birth rates. With the younger generations of the US under crippling student loan debt and unfordable housing, the birth rates are not looking good here either. 

Soccer is the most overrated sport ever.

Specs: Ryzen 7 5700G w/ Wraith Prism(locked at 4.2 ghz)

32 GB(4x8) Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 MHZ CL 16 RAM

Asus Prime B550M-A Wi-Fi

3 SSD(250 nVME+480+250)

Cooler Master H500 w/ 750W +80 Bronze PSU

MSI GTX 670 Jurassic Park edition(i don't know the model name it is just as old as a dinosaur)

3 hours ago, steelfoxy said:

Sports is the most overrated sport ever.

Fixed that for you.

6 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Fixed that for you.

Nope, i enjoy multiple sports, soccer is the most boring one.

Specs: Ryzen 7 5700G w/ Wraith Prism(locked at 4.2 ghz)

32 GB(4x8) Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 MHZ CL 16 RAM

Asus Prime B550M-A Wi-Fi

3 SSD(250 nVME+480+250)

Cooler Master H500 w/ 750W +80 Bronze PSU

MSI GTX 670 Jurassic Park edition(i don't know the model name it is just as old as a dinosaur)

5 hours ago, steelfoxy said:

Soccer is the most overrated sport ever.

I would choose f1 racing myself but I see your point.  

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

Cricket. Games last for a month and at the end it's a draw.

True

If you are already breaking the law by speeding, you should continue breaking laws by passing a slower car in the area it is illegal to do so INSTEAD of illegally following the slower car too closely because you're ass mad while you wait for a spot to legally pass.