Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

Google mobile pages are frustratingly bad (search, maps, youtube…)

I don’t want to use any of their apps except Maps. Speaking of that app, UX is also frustrating, however it is still much better than the mobile counterpart. 

Everything is bullshit, everything is about selling some crap be an object or ideological 

Discussions/flames? Are made so they can sell you off some kind of crap

I don't care about football or insert here any random sport here, or cars, or latest tech, but yet, everyday I need to listen to bullshits as if it was really important 

17 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

Everything is bullshit, everything is about selling some crap be an object or ideological 

Discussions/flames? Are made so they can sell you off some kind of crap

I don't care about football or insert here any random sport here, or cars, or latest tech, but yet, everyday I need to listen to bullshits as if it was really important 

Well according to Harlan Ellison only “90% of everything is crud”. (He was always big on not swearing) you are both in agreement that it is the vast majority though.  As am I.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

monico makes a intersting race weekend.... idk i just like the pressure in qualy and the stratagy desisions. this year (so far) it has been arguably the best race

1. I like motion blur in games.

2. Tenkey-less mechanical keyboards are stupid.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

Ahhh....every opinion, popular or unpopular is political.

If you live in complete isolation, then your actions (informed by your opinions) affect only you.

In the real connected world...opinions are completely political... regardless if based on fact, religion, or wish cult.

4 hours ago, emothxughts said:

Depends on whether you know how to ten key or not.  I learned to touchtype but not to 10key so they’re literally useless to me.  I have a tenkeyless keyboard because I literally haven’t touched them in years.  It was also a pile cheaper.  It became faster for me to use the number keys on the top row because I had to learn how to hit them without looking.   For someone who knows how to 10 key or someone who didn’t learn classical touch typing though I can see it.  Keyboards are totally random.  People learned to use them though. A wand with a couple gyroscopes and wireless inside is probably better.  Totally sealed and also would be capable of mouse stuff.  You could type AND mouse with just one hand.  Would make wearables much better too. They did a “Harry Potter” wand some years ago that did most of the things keyboards could do. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

There is such thing as too much chocolate in desserts. 

Let’s use chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and chocolate topping. It is boring. All those extra things are not helping in elevating one dimensional taste of the dessert. However, swap chocolate flavor ice cream with eg. vanilla and you have much more interesting dessert. 

This whole rant is because I am tired of seeing more and more lazy one dimensional chocolate desserts where the whole thing is basically “more is better” with chocolate, but it isn’t. 

There was a naked bike ride in Chicago recently and all the Karen’s are super salty about it like “oh they should all be charged as sex offenders now” like

rreeeeaaallly?

Im biased towards this of course because I was raised to not give a shit. But it’s not even a matter of some weird personal morality thing, it’s more like who gives a fuck if you saw someone’s dick out.

Could’ve just taken it as “neat, several hundred people went balls out on bikes for a bit” and literally never considered it again. But these people have nothing better to do besides police others and be upset over shit they don’t need to care about.

5 hours ago, 8tg said:

But these people have nothing better to do besides police others and be upset over shit they don’t need to care about.

First its chicago there is so many different people, many religious people are very complaining about that type of stuff.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

10 hours ago, kasugatei said:

There is such thing as too much chocolate in desserts. 

Let’s use chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and chocolate topping. It is boring. All those extra things are not helping in elevating one dimensional taste of the dessert. However, swap chocolate flavor ice cream with eg. vanilla and you have much more interesting dessert. 

This whole rant is because I am tired of seeing more and more lazy one dimensional chocolate desserts where the whole thing is basically “more is better” with chocolate, but it isn’t. 

NEVER. ENOUGH. CHOCOLATE. But I'm someone who even occasionally enjoys a nibble of unsweetened 100% dark cooking chocolate.

7 hours ago, 8tg said:

There was a naked bike ride in Chicago recently and all the Karen’s are super salty about it like “oh they should all be charged as sex offenders now” like

rreeeeaaallly?

Im biased towards this of course because I was raised to not give a shit. But it’s not even a matter of some weird personal morality thing, it’s more like who gives a fuck if you saw someone’s dick out.

Could’ve just taken it as “neat, several hundred people went balls out on bikes for a bit” and literally never considered it again. But these people have nothing better to do besides police others and be upset over shit they don’t need to care about.

They do this every year I think or have done it several years, also in other cities too. It brings awareness to bicycle safety and the dichotomy that exists in laws regarding nudity. If my partner identifies as M they can go topless, if they identify as F they can't go topless, what if they don't wish to be either? Do they get to have one side out? 😅 Some cities and areas are finally doing parity for nudity laws such that everyone can go without a top if they wish which is just fine because for the most part the people going topless are probably the ones you want to be wearing tops! (for the record my partner is F and identifies as such but is vice chair of the local chapter of the IBTC so I joke with her that she could go for a run topless and no one would bat an eye)

On 6/16/2023 at 3:19 PM, emothxughts said:

This is actually an advantage you have over many gamers. You won't ever have to shop for high-end monitors and you will save a lot of money.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:19 PM, emothxughts said:

For anything work related, i agree. Even if you don't use the numpad to enter numbers, most work situations can probably make use of mactros to increase productivity. But for regular recreational use of a keyboard (gaming, browsing, media consumption), numpads are rarely used.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Cheating in a video game is completely fine so long as it's not affecting anyone's play experience except your own (i.e. single player only).  Other people that think you're robbing yourself of the proper experience and want to open their mouths should sit down and mind their own business.

People that complain about video games being too hard should stick to games that are the right difficulty for them and not complain about the existence of said games.

People that get a thrill out of particularly unforgiving games should enjoy them, while not being jerks to people that don't enjoy the same challenges they do.  People that tell others to 'git gud' should be slapped, figuratively.  Possibly physically.

5 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Cheating in a video game is completely fine so long as it's not affecting anyone's play experience except your own (i.e. single player only).

I don't think this is an unpolular opinion, especially for people that grew up with games like GTA: San Andreas. If you want to cheat to make a singleplayer game easier for yourself, i don't care. The same applies to "Easy mode" mods.

Still, i agree that playing games like Elden Ring, Dark Souls and especially Sekiro with an unofficial easy mode does indeed take most of the experience away. The purpose of these games literally is that you constantly have to improve to make progress. And the feeling of making that progress is what makes these games such a rewarding experience.

7 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

People that tell others to 'git gud' should be slapped, figuratively.  Possibly physically.

The whole "Git Gud" meme mostly comes from Souls-elitists and really is just that: A meme. There is no need to get riled up about that.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I don't give a fuck about the intended experience. I want the best experience for me. If you feel the need to chime in about me and my experience not being the intended one, I suggest you stay in your lane, keep your mouth shut and ask yourself why I should care about what you think.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

12 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I don't think this is an unpolular opinion, especially for people that grew up with games like GTA: San Andreas. If you want to cheat to make a singleplayer game easier for yourself, i don't care. The same applies to "Easy mode" mods.

Still, i agree that playing games like Elden Ring, Dark Souls and especially Sekiro with an unofficial easy mode does indeed take most of the experience away. The purpose of these games literally is that you constantly have to improve to make progress. And the feeling of making that progress is what makes these games such a rewarding experience.

The whole "Git Gud" meme mostly comes from Souls-elitists and really is just that: A meme. There is no need to get riled up about that.

Aww, I'm not super riled up about it.  Just tired of hearing it 🙂

Transformers (2007) is genuinely good, the CGI still holds up these days and the sound design is amazing

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
If my comment helped you please mark it as solution. Refresh before you reply, I edit comments often.

Current PC Spec
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM: XPG D10 White 2x8GB 3200 CL16
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storages: 1x512GB Intel 760P M.2 NVME(boot drive)
1x2TB Umax M1500 Gen4 M.2 NVME(Game storage)
1x1TB Adata SU800 Ultiamte 2.5 inch Sata3 SSD(Game storage)
1x3TB Toshiba 7200RPM CMR drive
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850
Keyboard: Ducky Zero 3108 Cherry MX red
Mouse: Logitech G603 LightSpeed
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Microphone: AVerMedia AM310
Flight stick: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS 3 pack

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Value: $308
  • Games owned: 229
  • Games played: 163 (71%)
  • Hours on record: 4,976.9h

I hate everyone having to be "non-offensive".

Too many sensitive snowflakes.

When people are afraid to speak their minds freedom is lost.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

Here are a few:

- People care too much about every little thing that happens in the world.

- The useage of reddit and twitter generally results in a less happy life.

- Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences.

- Internet anonymity can do as much harm as it can do good.

- Most people aren't mentally capable of an objective discussion.

- Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean i have to share it.

- Forced inclusivity and diversity will result in less qualified personnel.

Realistic racing games are overrated asf, they take the most over the edge sport ever and turn it into a slow and boring experience. Yea the graphics is cool and all but what's the point if it feels more boring than the actual thing 

Games which aren't simulations should focus less on being "realism" and more on exaggerating everything, I hated the yellowish-grey "piss filter" on a lot of early-mid 2000s games like Need for Speed most wanted, GTA 4, and most importantly Metal gear solid 3, PS2 versions of GTA, but without it, they'd feel so bland, back then atleast they experimented with something, now it's just so bland and realistic 

10 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

Realistic racing games are overrated asf, they take the most over the edge sport ever and turn it into a slow and boring experience. Yea the graphics is cool and all but what's the point if it feels more boring than the actual thing 

You can make mistakes and not die. That's a pretty good argument imo.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

- The useage of reddit and twitter generally results in a less happy life.

But they're so over amplified, these days whenever I open Google Chrome on a different account than the one I generally use, there's always atleast 69 news article about something happening on Twitter or reddit, even celebrity gossip articles have random tweets from random accounts embedded into them

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

You can make mistakes and not die. That's a pretty good argument imo.

it doesn't feel fast, it feels really slow while committing the mistake, I'd rather want to do that mistake while flying off a bridge or flattening the body of my opponents' car, not understeer into grass

5 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

When people are afraid to speak their minds freedom is lost.

It also makes social interactions feel robotic 

5 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.

And it should also be open to ridicule and criticism