Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
15 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

i hate it so much... i watch anything else. if this i dont like or crap reporting. like oann.(which is utter garbage) but still better then watching no effort reality tv shows.

“Reality tv” was actually called “immersive game show” while it was being developed.  Then marketers got ahold of it.  Project runway was one of my favorite shows though.  Art was magical to me so I went to school to learn how it was done, and I did so it wasn’t magical anymore. Derp. I never learned clothing design though so I could still find magic in it.  I considered project runway to be the best sports show on television for many years. I watched enough of it that I started to figure out clothing design a little so I started skipping the middle bit to keep myself ignorant.  I watched “the great British bake-off” just because I liked project runway so much.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

“Reality tv” was actually called “immersive game show” while it was being developed.  Then marketers got ahold of it.

but game shows of old where fun to watch thru.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

2 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

but game shows of old where fun to watch thru.

They weren’t nice though.  Read the history of a young Dr Joyce Brothers. Specifically the how and why of her becoming an expert on boxing.  That was some brutal stuff. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Unpopular opinion: I think being a hypocrite is bad, though I seem to be the only one who cares. /snark

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me why in the blue hell Disney + with ads is not supported on Roku? Hulu with ads is supported. Disney without ads is supported. What the fuck. 

I recently picked up Disney + because the Mandalorian was out. Plus there are a few other shows I might check out. Anyway my dad has the Roku Stream bar and he's unable to access. First he thought it was a log in issue, but thats because he doesnt read what the hell the screen says. Its things like this, is why I choose to connect my MacBook Pro to my TV and why I wont invest in one of those streaming boxes. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Got a few to share off the top of my head:

Disney's MCU "phases" peaked at Avengers Endgame, and have been on a freefall ever since. Endgame was the last movie I saw of that franchise. Infinity War was also a superior movie to Endgame.

The Academy Awards are more about virtue-signaling rather than actually recognizing real talent, with other award shows following suit.

Pepsi is superior to Coke, with the exception of Vanilla Coke.

Bing search is superior to Google search now.

Milk is one of the most overrated sources of nutrients. Fortified milk is a step in the right direction, but no substitute for eating a healthy amount of greens.

MAIN SYSTEM: Intel i9 10850K | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4-3600C16 | RTX 3070 FE | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI | Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSDs | EVGA SuperNova 850 P2 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Razer Cynosa V2 | Corsair Scimitar Elite | Gigabyte G27Q

Other Devices: iPhone 12 128GB | Nintendo Switch | Surface Pro 7+ (work device)

3 hours ago, Alcarin said:

Got a few to share off the top of my head:

Disney's MCU "phases" peaked at Avengers Endgame, and have been on a freefall ever since. Endgame was the last movie I saw of that franchise. Infinity War was also a superior movie to Endgame.

The Academy Awards are more about virtue-signaling rather than actually recognizing real talent, with other award shows following suit.

Pepsi is superior to Coke, with the exception of Vanilla Coke.

Bing search is superior to Google search now.

Milk is one of the most overrated sources of nutrients. Fortified milk is a step in the right direction, but no substitute for eating a healthy amount of greens.

Milk had a very long running ad campaign.  Like 20 years or something.  Eggs had one too, but no one could touch milk.  It’s the Marlboro of food campaigns (Marlboro was originally a cigarette aimed at women.  It did dismally and was about to be canceled)  Pepsi has more sugar and less acid in it, which makes it hold up better when warm.  That was the trick behind the “Pepsi challenge”.  The drinks were warm. No one is arguing about the bing thing right now.  ChatGPT changed the game.  Google has world beating AI chips though.  It’s only a matter of time.  Microsoft has been messing with AI since clipping though.

• 1 month later...

I think if any extinct species are brought back (big if) the one most likely will be the mastodon.  They had one weird trait: they shed their tusks.  These shed tusks are still found, and are currently the most popular source of ivory.  With a mamoth you could have “ethical” ivory.  They probably need one more reason though.  Fiber?  I don’t know the quality or characteristics of mamoth hair.

how some said "stock coolers" for CPUs was "fine"... never been in my experience... always too hot and not able to use the full CPU and becomes waste of metal. Both AMD and Intel stock coolers not being enough, maybe fine at a lower end, but both a pain to clean, install, and often doesn't cool enough.

From being up in the 80-90c to 60-70c ("medium" size) with most other slim/medium/big tower air coolers, so like 15-30c lower and more quiet and likely a bit easier to clean. Although an issue with tower coolers can be size and installing, if doing in the wrong order it can be really hard when there is a lot of actions you need to do very low to the motherboard and not to break anything.

Edited by Quackers101

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

how some said "stock coolers" for CPUs was "fine"... never been in my experience... always too hot and not able to use the full CPU and becomes waste of metal. Both AMD and Intel stock coolers not being enough, maybe fine at a lower end, but both a pain to clean, install, and often doesn't cool enough.

From being up in the 80-90c to 60-70c ("medium" size) with most other slim/medium/big tower air coolers, so like 15-30c lower and more quiet and likely a bit easier to clean. Although an issue with tower coolers can be size and installing, if doing in the wrong order it can be really hard when there is a lot of actions you need to do very low to the motherboard and not to break anything.

I recall there being at least a period during ryzen2 where AMD stock coolers were usable.  Mostly because ryzen2 wouldn’t overclock for beans.  Ryzen3 is hotter than ryzen2 though and they used the same designs so I can see that being a problem.  The old intel coolers this was also true of.  I haven’t had any experience with the new style so I can’t confirm or deny

Not sure how non-political this is, but we need to have way less big pickup trucks, SUVs and really big MPVs in cities, especially if there's only one person in said vehicles, namely the driver. And for that matter, less cars in city streets too, can't stand traffic congestion.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

Diablo franchise is overrated.

Specs: Ryzen 7 5700G w/ Wraith Prism(locked at 4.2 ghz)

32 GB(4x8) Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 MHZ CL 16 RAM

Asus Prime B550M-A Wi-Fi

3 SSD(250 nVME+480+250)

Cooler Master H500 w/ 750W +80 Bronze PSU

MSI GTX 670 Jurassic Park edition(i don't know the model name it is just as old as a dinosaur)

The Offspring is underrated.

I edit my posts more often than not

On 9/13/2020 at 6:12 PM, imreloadin said:

Maybe if you're one of the weird mutants that is able to drink it past childhood...

Why are you calling me a mutant? 😢

3 hours ago, emothxughts said:

less big pickup trucks, SUVs and really big MPVs

Unfortunately the big 3 brain washed American's in believing these were safer vehicles. When in fact they actually have less emission standards and safety standards because they are classified as light duty trucks under Federal Law.  

I drive a Nissan Rouge mainly because it's easier for me to get in to. Im 5 foot 10 inches and 250lbs. I find a more difficult to get in to sedans, especially smaller ones. 

3 hours ago, emothxughts said:

And for that matter, less cars in city streets too, can't stand traffic congestion.

Wont happen because America cant seem to do public transit right. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Unfortunately the big 3 brain washed American's in believing these were safer vehicles. When in fact they actually have less emission standards and safety standards because they are classified as light duty trucks under Federal Law.  

I drive a Nissan Rouge mainly because it's easier for me to get in to. Im 5 foot 10 inches and 250lbs. I find a more difficult to get in to sedans, especially smaller ones. 

Wont happen because America cant seem to do public transit right. 

Actually I mean to talk in the context of my own country Malaysia...which isn't too different from America anyway.

Another one: Many people here commute to and from work by motorcycle, and I genuinely believe they are much faster than cars. In fact, I think everyone who isn't carrying more than 2 people should be mandated to use bikes to work instead.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

13 hours ago, emothxughts said:

Not sure how non-political this is, but we need to have way less big pickup trucks, SUVs and really big MPVs in cities, especially if there's only one person in said vehicles, namely the driver. And for that matter, less cars in city streets too, can't stand traffic congestion.

Doesn’t strike me as political either, but I did a post a few months ago I didn’t think was political and I got banned for two months.  So perhaps I am a poor judge.

Here’s an unpopular one: 

I don’t like either tempered glass OR rgb.  Tempered glass is ruined by physics (it eventually explodes into cubes without warning when it’s capacity for taps gets exceeded.  That can be a century from now or a month from now, but it always eventually goes) and rgb was ruined by the fan manufacturers.  The last rgb I considered buyable were those stick-on rings some company used to make but stopped.  I also like gpu fan mounts which are impossible with temper red glass.  I want grillwork.  I went with a core20 partially because it was symmetrical and you could remove the see through panel and replace it with grillwork (which incidentally is drilled round holes and fit silicone fan mounts just fine) 

Unpopular opinion. "They don't make them like they used to" for Movies/TV is never been more true than today. There are barely any watchable movies that come out anymore, and I am only 28. Most movies I like were made BEFORE I was born. Besides Deadpool, LOTR Trilogy, Top Gun Maverick, there are a few exceptions. The marvel infinity saga was decent, but they should have ended it there.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

39 minutes ago, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

Unpopular opinion. "They don't make them like they used to" for Movies/TV is never been more true than today. There are barely any watchable movies that come out anymore, and I am only 28. Most movies I like were made BEFORE I was born. Besides Deadpool, LOTR Trilogy, Top Gun Maverick, there are a few exceptions. The marvel infinity saga was decent, but they should have ended it there.

Too much money sitting there though.  The best stuff seems to be on the streaming networks these days.  They’re hella expensive though. I can’t even really afford one, but I’ve got 2.  The best stuff was always made before a given person was born.  There’s just too much time for someone to do a really good job at something. Stuges for example is 1930s iirc.  It seems kind of hackneyed, but the thing is when it came out it was dead new.  Astounding stuff.  Citizen cane is like that too.   There is also some really good Mel brooks stuff, though it helps to know his references.  When I first watched spaceballs I thought it was dumb, but it gets funnier every time I see it.

Edited by Bombastinator

Just now, Bombastinator said:

The best stuff seems to be on the streaming networks these days.  They’re hella expensive though. I can’t even really afford one, but I’ve got 2.

See this is what I don't understand. Streaming platforms are like what, $20 a month max? Cable used to be like $200+ a month. Streaming, even now in 2023, is INSANELY cheap.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

9 minutes ago, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

See this is what I don't understand. Streaming platforms are like what, $20 a month max? Cable used to be like $200+ a month. Streaming, even now in 2023, is INSANELY cheap.

I didn’t have cable at all when it was like that.   It all depends on where you are financially I guess.  I’m an old man on a fixed income who can’t even afford the food I’d prefer to eat.   Also stuff keeps changing.  When my dad was a kid movies were a nickel.  He saw one a week.l, and his family was NOT wealthy during the depression.  He lived on purple gang turf.  He found bodies in dumpsters.  Something people didn’t do by choice and still don’t.

3 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

Spaghetti is an overrated pasta shape

‘S cheap though.  Also many of the pasta shapes are awful.  I prefer angel hair just because it cooks fast.  Not enough to pay more though.  My very fist favorite pasta shape is spaetzel. Which is a”can rarely afford” thing.  I understand there’s a Korean one that translates as “tadpole” or something that would likely have the same mouth feel.  Never had it though.  Does look a lot easier to make.  Apparently they use a grater instead of hand rolling it

Edited by Bombastinator

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

‘S cheap though.  Also many of the pasta shapes are awful.  I prefer angel hair just because it cooks fast.  Not enough to pay more though.

ANGEL HAIR?! ANGEL HAIR IS EVEN WORSE! Man can’t take a couple extra minutes so you gotta have pasta goo

man, you can get some pretty good noodles that are still pretty cheap. If you need a long noodle, whole foods’ store brand organic bucatini is 2.19 a box and the thicker noodle is way nicer to bite and the rougher texture from the bronze die picks up sauce way better than cheap pasta from Teflon dies. Also don’t sleep on muffalda or cascatelli from trader joes for a short noodle. You go one step up from the cheapest pasta to the decent stuff and you’re paying what, an extra 50c/serving if you really get spendy?