Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

I don't like models, they're like street girls, but they don't any actual work,

publicly they are all so "good people", then out of stage they are a pita, so high and mighty that they treat everyone like trash,

really sometimes I wish to dump them to their fans, so everyone can get a piece of them 

before someone says that I don't know how the market works and whatever, I do, but just because I do, doesn't mean that I should like them

44 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

I don't like models, they're like street girls, but they don't any actual work,

publicly they are all so "good people", then out of stage they are a pita, so high and mighty that they treat everyone like trash,

really sometimes I wish to dump them to their fans, so everyone can get a piece of them 

before someone says that I don't know how the market works and whatever, I do, but just because I do, doesn't mean that I should like them

Translation:

I don't like Adriana Lima as much as Adriana Chechik. 

On 10/25/2022 at 7:06 AM, FakeKGB said:

…..which is not related to iOS at all. What applies to a part does not apply to the whole.

Oh don’t pull that card. Every phone manufacturer has its share of defects. And while iPhones have had quite a few, they aren’t catastrophic and Apple almost always offers free service/replacement programs for the affected devices.

>Antennagate: free bumper case, design flaw caused by the 3GS case they used to disguise it, design flaw was fixed not even a year later with the CDMA 4

>iPhone 5 power button death: free service, revised design without the flaw produced.

>iPhone 6 bendgate/touch disease: free replacement, solved in the 6s (which has no problems aside from the manufacturing oopsie with the batteries which affected very few models

>iPhone 7 loop disease and baseband death: Apple (usually) will still replace it for you for free if they have any 7’s on hand. It’s also not on every phone - I have an A1660 and it has no problems.

>iPhone 11 touch death: affected a small range of sold devices, apple replaces for free.

>iPhone 12 regular/12 pro (non Max) no sound during calls: free service for affected models.

Samsung? No such thing.

OnePlus? Nope.

Google? There’s one (just one) for the Pixel 4 XL if it doesn’t boot.

iOS has always had just the Music app (well it was the iPod app until iOS 5 on iPhones and iPads), but the iTunes Store app does live on. On macOS iTunes was split into the Apple Music app and its device sync functions placed into Finder.

I personally find Finder horrible to work with so I use Retroactive to bring iTunes back.

I had an iPhone 7 that apparently developed a hardware problem that only surfaced after the window for free repairs closed so I was forced to get a new one.  iPhone 13.  So it made it through 5 phone models. (Or 7 if you count the 13 and the 7)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

52 minutes ago, IPD said:

Translation:

I don't like Adriana Lima as much as Adriana Chechik. 

translation:

I think that I'm jealous of an old classmate contacts 

*is pleased with himself that he doesn’t know who either of them are*

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I had an iPhone 7 that apparently developed a hardware problem that only surfaced after the window for free repairs closed so I was forced to get a new one.  iPhone 13.  So it made it through 5 phone models. (Or 7 if you count the 13 and the 7)

That's pretty sweet. I currently have the XR and every new iPhone they release doesnt seem to be anything I need. Im kinda waiting to see if they do Type C or go portless before upgrading. Plus my device works great still, even the battery is still at 90%. I think Ive had it at least 3 years so thats pretty good. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think they should bring rag men back.  Landfills are causing all kinds of problems.  It’s a handy capitalist way to make recycling popular too.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

rag men

You mean like the scrap/junk man? Because we have people around here where you can put like appliances and such out to the road and they will come and collect. I think some times they will fix, other times they pull them apart for parts and scrap the rest. 

Python is garbage. 

7 hours ago, Donut417 said:

You mean like the scrap/junk man? Because we have people around here where you can put like appliances and such out to the road and they will come and collect. I think some times they will fix, other times they pull them apart for parts and scrap the rest. 

Scrappers count as rag men, sort of.  You can tell when scrap prices get high because people will break into abandoned buildings and scrap them.  The Rag man was before my time. They happened in the 1950’s.  They were more or less destroyed by a guy that thought up landfills and turned that idea into a political career.  The way it worked was a guy would come buy once a whatever and would buy your trash.  Not for very much, but it added up. He wouldn’t take just any trash though.  Just the stuff that was actually worth money.  Scrap glass is actually worth money by the pound.  Not much, but again, it adds up scrap paper is worth money.  aluminum his worth more.  LiPO batteries (so your broken wireless iPods) are worth a lot.  Nylon is worth nothing so they won’t take it.  Clear #1 PETE is worth money because it gets turned into carpeting.  black #1 PETE isn’t though. Nor is basically any other plastic.  Those accumulate and you have to pay to throw away.  How fast would people get good at recycling and not littering if their trash were worth money?  How fast would the company that packages their product in a bottle that has positive value crush the company that packages their product in something worth negative value?  That costs you money again when you’re done with it?

Edited by Bombastinator

I’m probably one of the minority here but I still listen to over the air analog FM radio. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

I’m probably one of the minority here but I still listen to over the air analog FM radio. 

I dunno.  I was listening to it about 20 minutes ago.  It’s mostly done while driving I think.  My car has sirus, but they want to track me so screw em.

Edited by Bombastinator

I'm not paranoid for avoiding IME and AMD PSP. Like, I'm not gonna be the next brick in the wall, or something

Quote my reply or I won't see your reply. It's the single overturning left arrow under every message.

25 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

I'm not paranoid for avoiding IME and AMD PSP. Like, I'm not gonna be the next brick in the wall, or something

I looked at every definition of IME that acronym finder had and they’re all spook.  Lot of dealing with dead bodies for one thing.

https://www.acronymfinder.com/IME.html

Edited by Bombastinator

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I looked at every definition of IME that acronym finder had and they’re all spook.  Lot of dealing with dead bodies for one thing.

https://www.acronymfinder.com/IME.html

Sorry, IME means Intel Management Engine. 

Quote my reply or I won't see your reply. It's the single overturning left arrow under every message.

8 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

Sorry, IME means Intel Management Engine. 

Heh.  

My personal war on 3 letter acronyms strikes another blow.  
My favorites are any of them with a U in it is almost guaranteed going to be synonymous with some college or other.  Also there are a truly amazing number of high school swim teams.  Dunno why.  I was looking for something truly ludicrous but with that one all of them are at best creepy.  Struck me a odd.

I'm annoyed by academia, you go up only if you do echo chamber crap

most researchers are there without providing any profit, but just endless wasting money while leching off over others, 

there's no competition over funding, but it's just given under a fake meritocracy

also since they are public workers they get endless benefits while also enforcing their doctrine 

except when random company does offer money under a competition, but then you will lose anyway even if you win, they get to use the idea while giving you few cents, but even if you do not win, they can as well steal it 

Unpopular: The best way to drink tea is to steep it incredibly long. Like 20 minutes. You need to get it so strong you feel your heart racing

Went to Walmart today to do grocery shopping. I swear, every time I go down the Cereal isle I feel like I stepped in to the twilight zone. I mean Strawberry Milk Shake Frosted Flakes? WTF. Nutter butter cereal, sour patch kids cereal, etc. Like what the hell is going on. When I was a kid, cereal was simple. Now they turned it in to a shit show. Some of these cereals, you're just better off snorting a line of sugar.  

there's no reason for a consumer to use linux unless he doesn't enjoy to waste time or look cool within his peers

all of the reasons that linux is being know for as customizability or being cheaper, stuff that shouldn't concern any consumer.

everything that random youtube does say, it's mostly bullshit that they use to hook up people at seeing their timewasting long videos.

this meme is exhilarating 

IMG_20221126_223813.jpg

My mom has been using Xubuntu proficiently for the past decade, 99% it just works and for that 1% 1/2 the time she's able to google her own solution and the other 1/2 of the time she calls me to make sure what she found is correct. She's in her 70's and used PC's at her job from Windows 3.1 onward to Windows 7 before retiring, her laptop came with Win7 installed and she used that for a few years. She complained about it being sluggish and constant hours long updates so I setup dual-boot with Xubuntu and she began to use that more and more as her daily drive OS of choice! It ran much quicker, froze up less, and updates didn't drag on for hours plus she could pick when they ran and generally felt more secure using it since there's less Linux oriented malware out there. I'm sure she's the fringe case here but I rarely get calls for tech support and when I ask how her now decade old laptop is doing 'oh just fine, ran some updates a week ago, Firefox has color palettes now so I picked a nice fall color scheme for it' instead of 'these Windows updates won't complete and it spends hours rebooting only to unroll the changes again!'. A couple years ago I swapped her up to a SSD, i5 580M (from i3 370M), 8GB RAM (from 2GB), and a faster Intel AC wifi card (from Broadcom N), other than a dying replacement battery it's flying right along for a 1st gen Core laptop and she dreads when she has to boot over to Windows for some stupid application that doesn't have a duplicate for Linux or won't run with WINE or similar.

1 hour ago, 12345678 said:

there's no reason for a consumer to use linux unless he doesn't enjoy to waste time or look cool within his peers

all of the reasons that linux is being know for as customizability or being cheaper, stuff that shouldn't concern any consumer.

everything that random youtube does say, it's mostly bullshit that they use to hook up people at seeing their timewasting long videos.

this meme is exhilarating 

IMG_20221126_223813.jpg

The learning curve for daily use is basically 'oh these are in different places and the bottom bar is on the top now'. I use both Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux daily, my laptop runs Linux because it's snappier quicker on old hardware, and generally things 'just work' for me. My gaming PC and media HTPC run Windows 10 because of broader software compatibility but often require some dicking around because 'just Windows things'. I try to use cross platform software that runs on both as much as possible to make things more seamless between them but not everything has that. There's more games for Windows that just work, I don't want to troubleshoot a game not working I just want to play it and there's better media player options for my specific use case for Windows and it's just what I'm familiar with at this point for this use.

I don't really understand that hatred for any OS, you use what you're comfortable with and that's OK. I personally dislike Mac OSX because I'm not familiar with it so it just doesn't make sense to me and is frustrating. I bet if you tried any one of the popular distro's of Linux for some basic daily use you'd do just fine and honestly I think probably 90% of home users would too if all they're doing is 'Facebooking' and using websites which is what I imagine most people do.

On 11/25/2022 at 10:25 PM, Donut417 said:

Went to Walmart today to do grocery shopping. I swear, every time I go down the Cereal isle I feel like I stepped in to the twilight zone. I mean Strawberry Milk Shake Frosted Flakes? WTF. Nutter butter cereal, sour patch kids cereal, etc. Like what the hell is going on. When I was a kid, cereal was simple. Now they turned it in to a shit show. Some of these cereals, you're just better off snorting a line of sugar.  

The only cereal anyone ever needs is Grape Nuts. It's so gross but also kind of good. I've seen what you mean tho, it's just becoming an unhinged brand name cash grab.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:41 PM, RealBACONATOR2 said:

Unpopular: The best way to drink tea is to steep it incredibly long. Like 20 minutes. You need to get it so strong you feel your heart racing

The “tea so strong you can stand a spoon in it” perhaps.  English breakfast tea was made to do that iirc.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

The only cereal anyone ever needs is Grape Nuts. It's so gross but also kind of good. I've seen what you mean tho, it's just becoming an unhinged brand name cash grab.

Grape nuts are an oddity in breakfast cereal.  Unlike most breakfast cereals which are some sort of processed whole grain, grape nuts is dried wart.  A waste product from making wine and beer.