Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The “tea so strong you can stand a spoon in it” perhaps.  English breakfast tea was made to do that iirc.

I brew herbal teas like this. I want all the flavor!

Ok this one's a hot take, make powdered hot chocolate with mint tea instead of unflavored hot water, you get delicious mint hot chocolate.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Grape nuts are an oddity in breakfast cereal.  Unlike most breakfast cereals which are some sort of processed whole grain, grape nuts is dried wart.  A waste product from making wine and beer.

No?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape-Nuts

Grape-nuts ice cream sounds wild tho.

10 minutes ago, Bitter said:

No?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape-Nuts

Grape-nuts ice cream sounds wild tho.

And what is wart but primarily waste yeast?  Long before grape nuts were boxed brewers were eating the stuff for breakfast.

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I brew herbal teas like this. I want all the flavor!

Ok this one's a hot take, make powdered hot chocolate with mint tea instead of unflavored hot water, you get delicious mint hot chocolate.

Different herbal teas will have steeping needs different than tea specifically.  My step-mother used to actually simmer her chamomile tea.  Then she would use it to bathe her eyes.  I never really got that woman.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Something I have been thinking about quite a bit as of late: Anabolic Steroids shouldn't be demonized in the way they are, When people figure out you take them they assume everything you work for is a result of cheating. Ignoring the fact you spend 6 days a week training & diet.

There is no difference between an adult deciding to take anabolic steroids or use cannabis / alcohol. 

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

Ketchup is terrible.

Membrane keyboards are just fine for productivity use.

Multi-player gaming has ruined single-player gaming. 

Cats > Dogs.

48 minutes ago, solado said:

Something I have been thinking about quite a bit as of late: Anabolic Steroids shouldn't be demonized in the way they are, When people figure out you take them they assume everything you work for is a result of cheating. Ignoring the fact you spend 6 days a week training & diet.

There is no difference between an adult deciding to take anabolic steroids or use cannabis / alcohol. 

The thing about steroids is they have to be used regularly. So it would be compared with alcoholism, which is fairly reasonably demonized.  Steroids have problems in that they seem to increase aggression and have been blamed for several murders. Still not as bad as alcoholism which has been blamed for a whole lot of murders (cars alone), but I think enough.  Steroids are used for several ailments some of which are chronic, but generally at far lower levels than used for muscle buildup.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:41 PM, RealBACONATOR2 said:

ou need to get it so strong you feel your heart racing

The last time I had enough caffeine to do that, I felt like I was about to have a stroke or heart attack. Also higher heart rates also mean higher blood pressure, which is not good. Especially if you are diagnosed with high blood pressure. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Steroids have problems in that they seem to increase aggression and have been blamed for several murders.

I am way more calmer during a cycle than when I am doing a cruise on TRT dosages due to less anxiety and lack of care for what others think about me keeping me emotions way more in check. 

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The thing about steroids is they have to be used regularly. So it would be compared with alcoholism, which is fairly reasonably demonized.

With a correct PCT cycle you can regain function in almost all cases.

When people find out I use anabolic steroids they seem to think everything I achieve is a result of their usage. Even outside of my physical appearance.

People who use cannabis can have psychotic breaks in rare cases, but this is being pushed to be legalized. The bad interaction is probably the same as bad interactions with anabolics. It feels like there is an extreme double standard.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

4 hours ago, solado said:

I am way more calmer during a cycle than when I am doing a cruise on TRT dosages due to less anxiety and lack of care for what others think about me keeping me emotions way more in check. 

With a correct PCT cycle you can regain function in almost all cases.

When people find out I use anabolic steroids they seem to think everything I achieve is a result of their usage. Even outside of my physical appearance.

People who use cannabis can have psychotic breaks in rare cases, but this is being pushed to be legalized. The bad interaction is probably the same as bad interactions with anabolics. It feels like there is an extreme double standard.

So the arguments are “but I’m special and that doesn’t happen to me” and “there are problems because people don’t do it right”. I’ve seen those in other places as well.  I think this one is unpopular not because they’re underinformed, but because it follows a pattern similar to so many other things.   Where’s my “STRAW MAN!!!” complainers btw? There are two to jump on there.   Straw man arguments aren’t any more or less likely to be false, and making straw man illegal doesn’t even significantly reduce the ability to lie, though the lie has to be presented in a different way.  If anything it enhances it by making it harder to cut through the BS.  Something straw man arguments are good at. 

@Slickshould convince Linus, Brandon and taran to voice act the LTT fanfiction in my signature. 

8 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Where’s my “STRAW MAN!!!” complainers btw? There are two to jump on there.   Straw man arguments aren’t any more or less likely to be false, and making straw man illegal doesn’t even significantly reduce the ability to lie, though the lie has to be presented in a different way.  If anything it enhances it by making it harder to cut through the BS.  Something straw man arguments are good at. 

Are you feeling ok ?

Not sure how unpopular this is going to be, as my daughter feels the same way, but I'm pretty sure most people don't:

Very cloudy weather (as when it's about to rain) is much more pleasant than blinding bright sunny days. 

I get stressed out when the weather is too sunny, rainy weather I find relaxing. 

5 hours ago, solado said:

Are you feeling ok ?

Memories of old posts I reacted to too strongly perhaps.  It’s morning I’m better now.

it sucks, but some (and especially a******s) seem to learn way better with the stick than the carrot

6 hours ago, DCCFan said:

Not sure how unpopular this is going to be, as my daughter feels the same way, but I'm pretty sure most people don't:

Very cloudy weather (as when it's about to rain) is much more pleasant than blinding bright sunny days. 

I get stressed out when the weather is too sunny, rainy weather I find relaxing. 

The calm before the storm, literally, is some of my favorite time.

I like some sunny weather but a few clouds to break it up are really nice.

youtubers or in general video "creators" should stop behaving like crackheads it's cringe

• 3 weeks later...

Google maps phone application has terrible UI. 

Also, I am tired when people try to convince me that everything what Google maps says it’s true. It isn’t. It is useful application, but it is best effort application, not ground truth one. 

25 minutes ago, Niksa said:

Also, I am tired when people try to convince me that everything what Google maps says it’s true. It isn’t. It is useful application, but it is best effort application, not ground truth one. 

I find that these days a map application is more or less a map application.  There was a period where google was doing 90’s Microsoft and deliberately releasing stuff to mess up iPhones, which did occasionally work.  There was a period wher Apple Maps would very occasionally go absolutely apeshit on me.  Hasn’t happened in like 6 months though.    I find Apple Maps marginally superior only because apple doesn’t use it as a datamining opportunity to the level google does.  They both usually take the same routes and have the same information.  They work in very different ways though which occasionally produces interesting results.  For example there is a street that an apartment building attempted to basically co-opt by using misdirection.  It’s still legally a street though and you can get through.    It’s in a particularly cantankerous area near a university, and if you use that way you can easily get back into the freeway without losing insane amounts of time for taking a wrong turn  whereas if you don’t it’s almost impossible.  Apple Maps has it, google doesn’t. It’s dumb luck though.  

Edited by Bombastinator

7 hours ago, Niksa said:

well the worst ones are the ads, fake shops and services that might not exist and with fake ratings or reviews. Been a long problem.

But for directions, would trust google maps more.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:57 PM, Quackers101 said:

But for directions, would trust google maps more.

I was mostly thinking about that.

I was screwed so many times by trusting Google maps. It is ok to show where the goal is, the route to it, on the other hand, is what I have issues with. The only thing that works for me “as advertised” so far is car navigation. 
Since I live in the country which is not designed that you need to use car even to go to the toilet with it, that part of navigation is not something that I am using often to give my full thought regarding it. 

1 minute ago, 12345678 said:

many asians do look like latinos and vicever

Could be a face blindness thing I suppose.  All that is noticed is skin tone and straight black hair.  

there was this guy who was really a pita

for some reasons he started smoking weed

he became somewhat friendly

so to tame humans you should just drug them with weed

edit: wrong thread Im becoming a boomer 

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Could be a face blindness thing I suppose.  All that is noticed is skin tone and straight black hair.  

it's weird I always looked at them as really different

but in the last years or so, they look similar to me

but since latinos here are quite mixed, it might also be because the latinos that we have here have some asian looking features 

2 hours ago, 12345678 said:

it's weird I always looked at them as really different

but in the last years or so, they look similar to me

but since latinos here are quite mixed, it might also be because the latinos that we have here have some asian looking features 

Face blindness is one of the more severe autism symptoms. A lot of people that have it don’t know they do.  From the inside it just sort of feels like everyone is telepathic but you.