Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

All tea tree tea has caffeine in it.  Green and white just has less. If you want tea with absolutely no caffeine you have to drink herbal. White tea (made with new baby leaves) has a lot less but it’s still not absolutely zero. Caffeine is also in chocolate.  Not “white chocolate” which is really coco butter and sugar, but anything brown has it.

There more you know 😄

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

5 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

There more you know 😄

I had a roommate who got a job as a barista once.  The owner gave him a book to memorize.  He never read it but I did.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

I had a roommate who got a job as a barista once.  The owner gave him a book to memorize.  He never read it but I did.

Damn alright... I have never read a full book in my life 😂

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

Just now, BetteBalterZen said:

Damn alright... I have never read a full book in my life 😂

Lol.  I grew up before internet I used to have a couple tons of books every one of which I had read.  Growing up our house had bookshelves instead of wallpaper.  Then nook came along and I’ve got a couple hundred in my phone and you could fit my library in half a closet.  The world it changes.

I had a friend in highschool I pushed Heinlein on.  Seemed like it would be his bag.  He wrote a bunch of stuff in the 50’s for boy’s life magazine.  His grown up books get more than a bit creepy(he was a far right wing nutbar) but his kids stuff is OK. You’ve probably seen some of it.  He wrote starship troopers.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Lol.  I grew up before internet I used to have a couple tons of books every one of which I had read.  Growing up our house had bookshelves instead of wallpaper.  Then nook came along and I’ve got a couple hundred in my phone and you could fit my library in half a closet.  The world it changes.

I had a friend in highschool I pushed Heinlein on.  Seemed like it would be his bag.  He wrote a bunch of stuff in the 50’s for boy’s life magazine.  His grown up books get more than a bit creepy(he was a far right wing nutbar) but his kids stuff is OK. You’ve probably seen some of it.  He wrote starship troopers.  

Copy that, to everything. Yes I know about Starship Troopers but never seen it hehe.

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

8 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

Copy that, to everything. Yes I know about Starship Troopers but never seen it hehe.

He wrote a bunch of stuff.  That was only one. Not as prolific as Stephen King but not that far off. That was another guy who had a lot of books turned into movies.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

He wrote a bunch of stuff.  That was only one. Not as prolific as Stephen King but not that far off. That was another guy who had a lot of books turned into movies.

Cool cool. Stephen King I know of, and I always love to see his books as movies. I do like that twisted stories. The Mist fx, the ending just makes the film so, so good. 

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Bing search is better than Google search.

I've been using Bing for the last few weeks and generally got more useful results for me.
On Google the first page is pretty much just ads and other paid results.

When it comes to maps, Google is still a lot better though.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

There is more caffeine in the leaves but it’s less available generally.  Oxidization helps release some of it.  So does the aging process purah goes through.  This is why a cup of green tea has less caffeine than a cup of black tea.  I suspect matcha also has a great deal of caffeine because you actually do ingest the leaves with matcha.

1 hour ago, Aaron_T said:

Hawaiian style pizza is the best pizza.

Though ironically in Hawaii they tend to use fried spam instead of ham, which tastes a bit like foamed belly bacon and is made in Minnesota.  In Hawaii pigs get roasted whole, not turned into hams. Too wet to cure things well.

Edited by Bombastinator

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Though ironically in Hawaii they tend to use fried spam instead of ham, which tastes a bit like foamed belly bacon and is made in Minnesota.

Mmmmm .... foam

In all seriousness, I think Canadian bacon is the best on Hawaiian pizza. But I'll have to at least try the real deal some day.

25 minutes ago, Aaron_T said:

Mmmmm .... foam

In all seriousness, I think Canadian bacon is the best on Hawaiian pizza. But I'll have to at least try the real deal some day.

Canadian bacon or “back bacon” because it’s a  salt cured pork fillet mignon sort of, is just better meat.  Spam is the leavings from hormell pork processing. Snouts and tails and stuff. It’s sausage really.  Sort of “best possible” vs “worst possible”

Edited by Bombastinator

There’s always these reactionary people replying to nonsense news story’s like “these young people are saving money living in a van” and always those people in the replies are like “this is glorifying homelessness”.

Nah man, “van life”, the clean and proper view of it that gets picked up by the news, is not homelessness. It’s an alternative for sure but it’s not some frugal choice or anything by any means.

90% of the stuff you see on that now it’s people living in nicely kitted out sprinter vans, transits, NV series, expensive ass vans with expensive ass mods.

Thats not some “oh man I can’t even afford to live in a cheap apartment” kind of thing, that’s buying a $50,000 sprinter van and dumping another 10 grand into customizing it. It’s basically RV culture but a little more diy and a little cheaper. 
I heavily dislike that take, people using van life turds as some kind of “look at what the media is lying about”, in claims that they’re trying to twist homelessness into some new alternative lifestyle. That is not the case, that’s not even close to homelessness, there’s plenty of other things your average media outlet lies about or twists a different way that’s worth being upset over.

On 2/4/2023 at 6:55 AM, 8tg said:

There’s always these reactionary people replying to nonsense news story’s like “these young people are saving money living in a van” and always those people in the replies are like “this is glorifying homelessness”.

Nah man, “van life”, the clean and proper view of it that gets picked up by the news, is not homelessness. It’s an alternative for sure but it’s not some frugal choice or anything by any means.

90% of the stuff you see on that now it’s people living in nicely kitted out sprinter vans, transits, NV series, expensive ass vans with expensive ass mods.

Thats not some “oh man I can’t even afford to live in a cheap apartment” kind of thing, that’s buying a $50,000 sprinter van and dumping another 10 grand into customizing it. It’s basically RV culture but a little more diy and a little cheaper. 
I heavily dislike that take, people using van life turds as some kind of “look at what the media is lying about”, in claims that they’re trying to twist homelessness into some new alternative lifestyle. That is not the case, that’s not even close to homelessness, there’s plenty of other things your average media outlet lies about or twists a different way that’s worth being upset over.

“Main stream” Media is largely corporate so it by definition reports what sells, so such things do include occasional crap.  It’s so much less crap filled than “alternative” media which has just as much of an agenda, just a different one. This is not a righ-left thing.  There is left-wing alternative media too.  The common worker and the daily stormer both exist and I personally see little difference between them.  This is not a new thing. There’s this little movie called “Citizen Kane” that actually treats this one directly.  The dude this was about actually owned a string of newspapers which for the areas they served were basically the entire internet.  Massive control.  The guy did both left and right wing things.  His house took many so many years to build it was never even finished. He kept changing stuff.  Mostly because he wanted to keep the workers employed during the depression.  He was extremely rich though. His house is a museum in California called the hertz mansion.  I went to it once.  It was really cool.

macdolands is ovrated and buge sauce is good on pizza

1 hour ago, GOATWD said:

macdolands is ovrated and buge sauce is good on pizza

It may depend where you are. I understand it varies a lot.  the reputation of MacDonald’s as a restaurant in the US is not very high.  Close to bottom barrel.  Compared to other fast food restaurants (which is considered the worst kind of food) its kind of middling to a bit low.  There is better fast food there is also worse fast food.  Their best feature is while most fast food chains have one creepy product. The creepiness level varies though.  For Taco Bell it’s the “taco beef”, for Arby’s it’s the “roast beef”.  For Wendy’s it’s the chili.  With MacDonald’s it’s the chicken Pattys and nuggets.  Those things are basically everywhere though and they’re considered more or less the same across the entire fast food industry.  They’re a bit “ew” but so are shakes which are also mostly the same.  They’re from a rather creepy part of the chicken (mechanically separated chicken) but at least they’re mostly chicken.  There are worse things.   They tend to be pretty up front about what is in their products.   Their kitchens have a rep for being highly automated but fairly sanitary for the same reason they are automated.  MacDonald’s takes more flack than the other fast food restaurants mostly because they’re the biggest I think.  Comparing them to almost any “real” sit-down restaurant though they’re very low tier.

*wanders off into the internet to find out what budge sauce is*

Im finding nothing.  Does it have another name?

Edited by Bombastinator

• 2 weeks later...

It has become an unpopular opinion these days in YouTube and specially Reddit: Linux desktop is not an equivalent alternative to Windows or MacOS and won't be for a long time.

3 hours ago, devias said:

It has become an unpopular opinion these days in YouTube and specially Reddit: Linux desktop is not an equivalent alternative to Windows or MacOS and won't be for a long time.

Does depend on what you are doing and what your skill level is.  It has gotten better, but you are sometimes correct.  The learning curve issue remains.  It’s blunted for some stuff, but it’s still there.

There are a lot of machines that won’t run win11, and as that becomes more of an issue linuxes will likely gain traction if the only way to keep such a machine secure is to use it.

Edited by Bombastinator

mATX > ATX motherboards for the HUGE majority of users. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

25 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

mATX > ATX motherboards for the HUGE majority of users. 

Well, they’re cheaper anyway.  Plus I could get a funky case.  Full ATX was more of a requirement when multiple video cards were more of a thing. My machine as it sits is actually full. There’s one x1 slot under the video card but I’d need a flexible riser cable to get at it. If the only card you have is a video card and may be a wifi card, there’s just no reason.  I’m glad I didn’t go itx though.  Getting an itx with thunderbolt on it is Uber pricy.

i hate reality tv shows..

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

16 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

i hate reality tv shows..

Agreed, once survivor became popular It was the final straw for me to cut the cable 

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

9 minutes ago, Ripred said:

Agreed, once survivor became popular It was the final straw for me to cut the cable 

i hate it so much... i watch anything else. if this i dont like or crap reporting. like oann.(which is utter garbage) but still better then watching no effort reality tv shows.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC