LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

Just now, Den-Fi said:

You know what else is unobtainable? Things that don't exist. 😒

pfft you can't even take first place during the first week 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

pfft you can't even take first place during the first week 

You're right. I might as well stop folding.

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Just as an interesting point, if it was 2.5 then there would only be 5 people who qualify for the badge as of now, which I feel is a little too exclusive and would feel unobtainable for many folders. 

That's only now. By next year though? I bet you the top 100 will be in the current Billion club. Because just last year, 100M was the gatekeeper tot the top 100, but now it's top 400. 

image.thumb.png.4aae7964a95e40dc1c407b2eb8d0c95b.png

image.thumb.png.fb6f65c21499594e33bacbef6395c3b1.png

(Using the Folding event averages is likely projecting these further out than normal)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

That's only now. By next year though? I bet you the top 100 will be in the current Billion club. Because just last year, 100M was the gatekeeper tot the top 100, but now it's top 400. 

image.thumb.png.4aae7964a95e40dc1c407b2eb8d0c95b.png

image.thumb.png.fb6f65c21499594e33bacbef6395c3b1.png

(Using the Folding event averages is likely projecting these further out than normal)

Then maybe we will see a next tier badge at next folding month :) 

or possible a restructure of badges with previous badge holders grandfathered in, as was proposed by Den-Fi some time ago. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

or possible a restructure of badges with previous badge holders grandfathered in, as was proposed by Den-Fi some time ago. 

I'd be okay with this.

Currently I'd argue Contributor badges are the rarest badge I give out in terms of Requests since we started the thread simply because it's so EASY to get. Most are Silver, followed by Bronze, Gold and plat. I could sit and take a count but I'm lazy

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'd be okay with this.

Currently I'd argue Contributor badges are the rarest badge I give out in terms of Requests since we started the thread simply because it's so EASY to get. Most are Silver, followed by Bronze, Gold and plat. I could sit and take a count but I'm lazy

It's something I had been thinking about(but threw the idea as didnt think it could work) then seeing Den-Fi talk about grandfathering, something I hadn't considered, has made me think of it some more. Will see how the production and totals look when 30 series are in more hands 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I'd be okay with this.

Bronze 10 million

Silver 100 Million

Gold 1 Billion

Platinum 50 Billion

Diamond 500 Billion

Lambo 1 Trillion (Linus is buying)

Or if someone really got bored created a dynamic script that checks once a month on stats and awards badges based on monthly production including a new "x years folding"

Also want lazy, I can't be bothered to request 🤣

1 hour ago, marknd59 said:

As the person responsable for checking the signup for folding mmonth I can tell you there are a lot of people who qualify for badges but don't have them all the way up to Platinum.

Actually looking at the data export options it wouldn't be very hard to automate badges assuming usernames are associated someway between the forums and EOC, it could be as easy as posting your F@H username in a topic or the link in your profile etc and a background script (not a webpage crawler) that runs every day could update in a matter of minutes what would take a single person either 0 time or a few hours depending on requests. Tho even if that was done, I could still claim laziness, BUT one could script in a little cheat to automatically associate identical names not yet claimed once a month 🤣

well my whole family is folding

image.thumb.png.7931448116a66efe3dbbd344612da795.png

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I second this!

Badges need restructuring. Maybe leave these badges on profiles for those who acquired them and reuse same ones but just raise the numbers of each one. Therefore old folders will not be screwed over and new ones do not get to jump from no badge to last badge "that easily" (in under 6 months in some cases). LOOKING AT YOU @rodarkone;).

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

As someone who's folding for quite a few months, i can say this:

- platinum isn't that easy to get for the normalfolk, the technologically impared, if you will. By that, i mean that not everyone has 4 5 9 machines constantly folding. Take me for example: i got a 4970k and a 2060 super. (Before the event) That gets me what... 2.something mil a day. That's the average user in my eyes. When i joined, i thought that i'll get to 500 mil in a year or so. Every now and again you'll get that one in one thousand users who will get to platinum in like.. a month.

As technology advances and cpu's and gpu's start producing stupid amounts of ppd then you could argue that it's easy to get to 500 mil.

My advice would be this: when the average user starts getting 10 mil ppd a day, then reconsider the badging system.

Edited by d0ks
typo and addendum

Here's another idea tho'

In honor of those of you who reach absurd milestones, looking at the top of ltt folding team, maybe do a name badge.

10bn badge - name of persone who got there first

25bn 50bn 100bn and so on.

And for the person who got there first, a special badge just for him/her.

8 minutes ago, d0ks said:

Here's another idea tho'

In honor of those of you who reach absurd milestones, looking at the top of ltt folding team, maybe do a name badge.

1bn badge - name of persone who got there first

2bn 4bn 10bn and so on.

And for the person who got there first, a special badge just for him/her.

I'd rather not add further badges like personal ones for many reasons, including the fact that it's a ball-ache for the admin team

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

It may have already been brought up, but I'd say a more "fair" badge that's not subject to tech creep is consistency: maintaining activity daily or weekly over extended periods of time.  

Base badge is for 1 continuous month, next is for 2, then 4, then 8, etc, for as long as you want.  Beyond 8 or so months it looks like we'd have to code our own tracking solution, though; at least EOC only seems to graph weekly contributions for about that long.  Weekly seems like a good middle ground between "you have to be committed" and "you're screwed if you have a power outage."

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

1 hour ago, Rybo said:

It may have already been brought up, but I'd say a more "fair" badge that's not subject to tech creep is consistency: maintaining activity daily or weekly over extended periods of time.  

Base badge is for 1 continuous month, next is for 2, then 4, then 8, etc, for as long as you want.  Beyond 8 or so months it looks like we'd have to code our own tracking solution, though; at least EOC only seems to graph weekly contributions for about that long.  Weekly seems like a good middle ground between "you have to be committed" and "you're screwed if you have a power outage."

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Or if someone really got bored created a dynamic script that checks once a month on stats and awards badges based on monthly production including a new "x years folding"

Tho as I mentioned it would need to be automated, it really isn't hard to do. Good luck on convincing colonel_mortis to allow it tho, even if it is only a back end script, it would add just another item of chaos to this forum, another thing to potentially break.

1 hour ago, marknd59 said:

As the person responsable for checking the signup for folding month I can tell you there are a lot of people who qualify for badges but don't have them all the way up to Platinum.

Some people don't want badges.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Tho as I mentioned it would need to be automated, it really isn't hard to do. Good luck on convincing colonel_mortis to allow it tho, even if it is only a back end script, it would add just another item of chaos to this forum, another thing to potentially break.

Even if it didn't actually apply it, we could have a script to check the stuff and give you a list of the people who qualify, then those people could be given the option of if they would like the badge. It would make the mod's life of hunting down details easier.

1 hour ago, Collin_S said:

Even if it didn't actually apply it, we could have a script to check the stuff and give you a list of the people who qualify.

Truth be told nothing is stopping anyone here from doing that on a private server and say offering a dynamic image to display in their signature so long you follow EOC guidelines. I've done it a few different times, years ago, not hard, not easy either.

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

Truth be told nothing is stopping anyone here from doing that on a private server and say offering a dynamic image to display in their signature so long you follow EOC guidelines. I've done it a few different times, years ago, not hard, not easy either.

what's this about EOC guidelines?

#Muricaparrotgang

Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

1 hour ago, Rybo said:

what's this about EOC guidelines?

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/?nav=XML

• You only need to query once every 3 hours since the data is not updated any more often than that. You can query more often to make coding easier, however *please* no more than one cycle per hour.
  • This data is for personal / team / app use only. I don't want to see someone ripping off my stats page using my own data (which I have seen in the past).
  • You can not charge a fee for whatever service or program if you are utilizing any of this data. The stats are meant to be free to all, it's for a good cause.
  • The URLs below are simply examples, you will need to replace the team or user id with your own.
  • If you need help or some custom data that isn't provided, please feel free to email me.
  • Only use data from these feeds, attempting to mass-fetch / parse the regular pages is a bad idea, and if I catch you I will block your IP.
  • Please rate limit your queries to one or two per second.
  • XML is NOT an RSS feed, so don't email me saying you can't get it to work in your RSS program.
  • PLEASE add some relevant referrer / user-agent info to any scripts or apps that make queries so I know what they are, and can find a way to contact the author if something is wrong. Better yet, feel free to drop me an email with some info about your creation.
  • For people that have embedded pages in Google Docs and WordPress, please remove them. Both those sources do ZERO caching of requests and end up making a LOT of queries for the same data over and over and over.
  • Be aware that excessive amounts of queries (or queries per second) can get your IP blocked!

Or more importantly:

DEVELOPERS: If you are needing XML info for an entire team, please contact me directly and I can give you a special URL that outputs all users (or active only) in one query. This is higly preferred instead of making hundreds, or even thousands of individual queries for individual info.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Oh.  

I woulda just used folding at home's api directly.  Are you aware of any reason why one would choose to use EOC if the native data seems sufficient?  Like, does EOC exist for that purpose or anything?  

#Muricaparrotgang

Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

1 hour ago, Rybo said:

Oh.  

I woulda just used folding at home's api directly.  Are you aware of any reason why one would choose to use EOC if the native data seems sufficient?  Like, does EOC exist for that purpose or anything?  

Last year I think they where having issues or something along those lines including profiles failing to load, for API reasons it shouldn't make any difference once you have the layout of the data provided. Collecting from the source would always be better.

If issues arise again I could see someone like EOC being allowed access to the api over some nobody pulling numbers for a team, even as big as LMGs. So it would be best to have redundancy anyways.

image.thumb.png.415ab4009b6fc54cbe91f1c552879a38.png

This is for my laptop, desktop, and my roommate's laptop all combined, It looks like I'm starting to get some CRAZY numbers. This is not counting my dad's mac mini running 3 cores full time also (which gets about 30K PPD). I figured out today that my roommate had his GPU's set to run on idle only so he could use it, but I noticed that GPU Folding is not supported while a computer is sleeping (Also explaining why I didn't get a huge boost in PPD after I got him on). Now we are REALLY getting going!