Post your daily carry?

Nine Tailed Fox
On 6/23/2020 at 7:57 AM, nox_ said:

Just curious, do you live in USA? And have you been attacked to a point that you needed a gun to defend yourself? There was a break in at my apartment, after that I got a gun for self defense,just keep it at home, had to use it for self defense one time but I never carry it with me.

I've been attacked when i worked at a computer store when i was a teenager many many years ago.  Told myself then, as soon as i could I'd buy a gun.  Fast forward a few years when i was in my 20s and some clown tried to rob me at an ATM across the street from the police station. Pulled out my gun and watched that clown run. 

Now that it's colder and it's jacket weather i carry a Springfield Operator MC 1911 or a Ruger Super Redhawk in 45 Colt with a reload moon clip of 45 acp.

Watch wise i wear one of several G-Shocks.

Knife is a Gerber Sharkbelly.

A work iphone and my personal moto phone. 

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

17 hours ago, ragnarok0273 said:

It's confusing for people in the US too.

Also, what I carry around?
Nothing.

Even before lockdown.

I look at it this way. All men (women) are not created equal. A 100lb woman cannot fight off a rapist. Contrary to what the media portrays as tough fighting women in movies and TV shows, a woman is not going to out fight a man. 

God made Men (and women). 

Samuel Colt made the equal.  

A woman with a gun has more of a chance to not be raped than a woman with a stupid whistle. 

<redacted by staff>

Edited by wkdpaul

Main Computer: CPU - Ryzen 5 5900x Cooler - NZXT Kraken x53  RAM - 32GB Corsairsrair Vengeance Pro GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Case - Lian Li LanCool II RGB (White) Storage - 1TB Inland Premium M.2 SSD and 2x WD 2TB Black.

Backup Computer: CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x Cooler - CoolerMaster ML240 V2 RAM - 32GB G.Skill RipJaws GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE Case - Cougar QBX Storage - 500GB WD Black M.2 SSD 

5 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

Best defence, live in Canada. We just don't shoot each other so open or concealed carry is unnecessary. 

Are you sure about that? https://www.cbc.ca/cbcdocspov/features/gun-violence-by-the-numbers

https://globalnews.ca/news/6840650/mass-killings-canada/amp/

I will never understand why Canadians always try to portray themselves and their country as a crime free kittens and butterflies society when they obviously have issues with gun violence and crime like any other country. Maybe not as much as much more densely populated countries, but it does exist.

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

6 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

I can understand the theory of concealed carry for some people in very specific jobs but for the average person it really seems unnecessary. 

There have been times where I wished I had one but that's working oversees in sketchy places where we had security teams anyway. 

It’s not about needing it day to day, or ever needing it, it’s about being prepared, thousands and thousands of people die each year from random or even planned attacks that you could have been avoided if they were carrying a firearm. Just because you’ve never needed it before doesn’t mean you won’t in the future.

I hope I’ll never come to a situation we’re I need to draw my firearm, but if that situation comes, I’m prepared.

Hell, one of my drivers was robbed only a few months ago, not saying he should’ve drawled a firearm, as it’s stressful and confusing to be in that situation, but if I was in his shoes I would of drawer, I feel confident enough in my skills, I’ve taken multiple different gun safety courses.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I still go to school so im probably a bit of an oddity on this thread but enjoy. Btw the bag is the school provided chromebook.16082699916726208056196382896960.thumb.jpg.101f89c9633872ef9faee992b10d6cc1.jpg

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

16 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I hope I’ll never come to a situation we’re I need to draw my firearm, but if that situation comes, I’m prepared.

And that's the thought process anti-carry advocates will never comprehend. Just because I carry a firearm doesn't mean it's my first go to when threatened. The action of  pulling a firearm and taking a life is a last resort and not just a knee jerk reaction they make it out to be. Criminals have the mindset to take a life, people who legally carry a firearm to protect themselves do not.

1 hour ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Are you sure about that? 

If we want to play that game 

2010_homicide_suicide_rates_high-income_countries.png.48176f4e1cb1975a455ecc118df86638.png

Canada isn't perfect, but there's a stark difference between Canada and the US. 

"Only in 2017, there have been 347 mass shootings in the country which is the highest ever recorded (and 217 in 2018 only by August)" canada has had 3... Since 2017.

The US makes up 65% of the total mass shootings in the world, compared to Canada's 3%.

If I lived in certain parts of the states I'd absolutely advocate open carry. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

16 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

2010_homicide_suicide_rates_high-income_countries.png.48176f4e1cb1975a455ecc118df86638.png

"Only in 2017, there have been 347 mass shootings in the country which is the highest ever recorded (and 217 in 2018 only by August)" canada has had 3... Since 2017.

The US makes up 65% of the total mass shootings in the world, compared to Canada's 3%.

To put into aspect there’s 16k homicide deaths in the U.S every year, not including injuries, Robbery, or other crimes that can potentially avoided if you’re carrying. You also have the potential to save someone else’s life, just because your not the target doesn’t mean you can’t help someone else out.

I honestly love Canada’s process for obtaining a firearm, getting a firearm in the U.S is harder than people make it seem (in most states) but not as hard as it should be.

AMD blackout rig

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

6 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

he US makes up 65% of the total mass shootings in the world, compared to Canada's 3%.

Sadly thats because we try to be number one at everything. 

The suicide rate is a bit higher than I thought. But Im truly not surprised. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 hours ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

It's not a game. Also consider that the U.S. has a population of nearly 333 million compared to Canada's 38 million. Of course our statistics are going to be much higher. But for you to simply state "Best defence, live in Canada. We just don't shoot each other" is an inaccurate and absurd statement. Oh BTW, a chart from 2010? Yeah, I'm betting those Canada numbers are quite higher now.

Wow, never thought so many people carry guns or knives around. I mostly just have my wallet, phone and keys.

If you need a weapon to feel safe outside, either you live in the wrong neighbourhood or you're just plain paranoid imo...

Maybe i'm just spoiled by living in germany and well away from any cities, so the worst thing that could happen to me outside is an insect bite :D

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

It's not a game. Also consider that the U.S. has a population of nearly 333 million compared to Canada's 38 million. Of course our statistics are going to be much higher.

So 10x the population accounts for >300x the mass shootings in a single year? 

Even the idea you guys are being this defensive over a well known, statisticaly verifiable FACT that Canadians kill each other less than Americans. Even with easier access to guns, highly populated and diverse cultural towns just means this will circle endlessly.

I'm bowing out to go enjoy my unlocked doors and get smiled at and say hi to the strangers I cross by never having to think they will shoot me. 

Honestly, after covid ends travel to canada and see what a relaxed life feels like before claiming we have the same problem as the states. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

6 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

So 10x the population accounts for >300x the mass shootings in a single year?

Also the chart is "per 100.000 population", so already accounting for the fact that the some states have more citizens than others.

But hey, that's freedom i guess. (Or whatever lie they tell to themself to feel better about it) Somehow in the US gun law is directly correlated with freedom from what it sounds like. I feel lucky we germans aren't free then...

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

260677238_DailyCarry.thumb.JPG.961b97ab603e9f8281506a93ae5cbf54.JPG

That fork spoon is kinda neat. 

56 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

260677238_DailyCarry.thumb.JPG.961b97ab603e9f8281506a93ae5cbf54.JPG

This is why cargo pants were a good fashion. To carry this much stuff and keep it organized one needs some sort of sporran/purse/tool belt, cargo pants, or a willingness to suffer a certain amount of pain from cord in your pockets constantly poking you. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

why cargo pants were a good fashion

Thats mostly what I wear. But I dont carry a lot. Generally just wallet, phone and keys. At work I might have a box cutter, sharpie and pen. I see a lot of people around here carry knifes.

I don’t carry much. iPhone 11, a ridge wallet because I was a sucker for the color (and I lost a couple non-metal wallets via washing machine). My Yeti cup (20 oz Tumbler) which was a Christmas present from my sister 7 years ago. A Zebralight SC600FC MKIV Plus flashlight (basically a vehicle headlight in my pocket), and spare 18650 cell for it. 

I frequently used this light for stage work pre-covid, and also as a work light for close range tasks, as well as for night walks. I also often drive at night on unlit roads. So I value having a capable flashlight well beyond the phone alone. 

Used my Dad’s workbench for this shot, so there’s burn marks and other stuff from his cigars. I don’t smoke, I hate the smell. 

Shot with my Tamron 24mm F2.8 lens at F8. Some heavy distortion, but this lens is razor sharp for the price point. 

D6AC99DE-C829-4C3A-B4A9-CD36C21046C6.jpeg

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

CZ P10c w/ Trijicon RM06 - HRS and Surefire x300 in a Phlster Floodlight holster..

Wallet

Keys

Cat gen7 TQ

Streamlight 1laa

Pen

Benchmade Northfork folder

And a backpack filled with about anything you would need to save yourself or someone else from some serious injury (accidents happen people)

Past two years:

Use of firearms in defensive situation: 0 

Use of medical supplies and training: 4

Y'all said EDC right lol..

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Asus Dual 3070 + EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3070 GPU(S)

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Motherboard

Corsair Dominator 16x2 3600mhz RAM

Corsair H100x AIO

Rosewill S500 Case

Thermaltake RIING 12 fans (4)

Just now, Beyond_The_Berm said:

Past two years:

Use of firearms in defensive situation: 0 

Use of medical supplies and training: 4

Seems about right.

I carry a IFAK when biking and used more times than I can count on my friends.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

Seems about right.

I carry a IFAK when biking and used more times than I can count on my friends.

Yep,

I value both equally, but you are absolutely more likely to use one over the other (which is good in reality).  

Lots of people like to be able to make hole, but have no idea how to plug them..

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Asus Dual 3070 + EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3070 GPU(S)

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Motherboard

Corsair Dominator 16x2 3600mhz RAM

Corsair H100x AIO

Rosewill S500 Case

Thermaltake RIING 12 fans (4)

1 minute ago, Beyond_The_Berm said:

Lots of people like to be able to make hole, but have no idea how to plug them..

I find that you shouldnt really focus on the main thing and fouceous more on the support stuff.

Patching someone is gonna give you more gladatude than ending someone 

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

If you are really interested, then this is worth reading

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51iwpxtZj-L.jpg

Noticing there’s no phone in there.  .. wait, there is.. a tiny dumb phone barely bigger than the car keys but half the size of the wallet. How is a wrist watch the same size as a handgun?  I suspect the standard load out these days is wallet, keys, and phone.  With other stuff added by individual.  Used to be wallet, keys, and watch.  Phones have largely taken over for watches in a lot of cases.  Not super surprising as they also tell time.  If a smart watch didn’t need to be charged all the time I might wear one.  There are a few things smart watches do that phones can’t, but they generally need to be worn and working almost all the time to successfully do them.  User swappable batteries have disappeared from laptops and phones, but the imho are most needed in watches.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Vaping device, Neck knife, flashlight and fixed blade on my belt plus the same fixed blade in my SUV along with a hatchet and a flint stone.  If I could I would carry my Sig. 

Not shown is my OnePlus 7Pro and my stacks of cash.  😄  

1393456_10204070356131632_2756808832197346472_n.jpg

10702061_10204070360131732_5929207778833544278_n.jpg

ll.jpg

10721310_10204070368771948_849889787_n.jpg

10717525_10204070368691946_131463247_n.jpg

11 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

Vaping device, Neck knife, flashlight and fixed blade on my belt plus the same fixed blade in my SUV along with a hatchet and a flint stone.  If I could I would carry my Sig. 

Not shown is my OnePlus 7Pro and my stacks of cash.  😄  

1393456_10204070356131632_2756808832197346472_n.jpg

10702061_10204070360131732_5929207778833544278_n.jpg

ll.jpg

10721310_10204070368771948_849889787_n.jpg

10717525_10204070368691946_131463247_n.jpg

I never had a globe style glass that didn’t shatter on me.  I just went for a big ol’ steamcrave aromamizer and let and let people stare. The thing is a tad ridiculous looking.  Works good though.