PS5 Design Revealed + All New Games!

gloop
13 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

It should be noted that streaming was limited to 1080p by Youtube because of the whole Covid thing. So no 1440 or 4k.

I also thought of this. But even SOTR on my GTX 1060 / 6700K (both game and PC years old already) looks way better in 1920x1080 than most of what they have shown. In some of the games the textures indeed were much sharper so I don't think the bottleneck here was Youtube.

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Fun fact, DISC was intended to mean optical while DISK was intended to mean magnetic. It was widely used by the industry but never widely adopted by the public, they just used the terms interchangeably.

That's the "rule" I follow since the 90's. Optical mediums were always "discs" for me.

Im interested to know what power cable they would be using.

For years they just used the same small two pronger. with PS4 they upped it to a more "kettle cable" style. wonder if we'll have a new one or if it'll be backwards compatible too.

Sounds like a stupid comment, but i actually really liked being able to easily find a spare power cable from the other consoles or be able to move the consoles around the house or to a friends house, without having to take extra cables.

I'm a PC & Mac gamer..."newest" console I have is a Playstation...before it was a PS1...gotten when they were still the thing...so, not really ever been a "controller" user, and real comfortable using keyboard and mouse for everything..but I've found some stuff just plays nicer with a controller (a cheap xbox style one I got on a friends recomendation).  Like, I've been playing Assasin's Creed 2 and found it miserable with keyboard, but rather enjoyable with the controller (except when I need to run and jump perfectly straight to quickly chase someone and @#@!# enzio decides to go flying off a roof rather than just run across a wire!@#!@#)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

35 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

I also thought of this. But even SOTR on my GTX 1060 / 6700K (both game and PC years old already) looks way better in 1920x1080 than most of what they have shown. In some of the games the textures indeed were much sharper so I don't think the bottleneck here was Youtube.

SOTR?

1 minute ago, KyberKylo77 said:

SOTR?

sorry, Shadow of the Tomb Raider aka the game that is still widely used for benchmarking systems.

1 minute ago, Dracarris said:

sorry, Shadow of the Tomb Raider aka the game that is still widely used for benchmarking systems.

Yea lol took me a second but I eventually got it. But imo I still think they showed a few games that looked better than SOTR.

1 hour ago, Dracarris said:

The bottleneck could have been very much YouTube. When the graphic with all the balls moving around and changing angles, right before they revealed the PS5, you could really see YouTube's compression algorithm doing it's work.

BUT YOU FORGOT GTA V.

The show was, good enough overall, I liked watching it. They only spent less than a minute looking back at PS4 titles which was great and all but then three and a half minutes looking at GTA V, like seriously? There was no need for it. I genuinely couldn't care less for GTA V, I played the story and most of the online content and it just becomes bland and boring, it's pointless trying to stretch the success of the game. Rockstar would have been better off  remastering an older game like IV or San Andreas or anything else.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

That's the "rule" I follow since the 90's. Optical mediums were always "discs" for me.

Same, it was done by intent to differentiate between the two.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hmh, well not too bad I guess, we'll have to get a closer look with DF but yeah. Still, don't understand how so many seem to care how it looks... Like who gives a ffff. Anyway, as for event, at least it was for game trailers and some of them looked decent, some for PC too. Though really not a fan of overused third person offset camera, it's really bad. I get it it's focused on console, still. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Why would a Japanese company care about a dead black dude from the USA?

Yeah, you're right. Fuck him...

47 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Modern Vintage Gamer matched the size of each system with their optical drive to get an idea on the size comparison between models and systems.

1121222242_Annotation2020-06-12105628.thumb.png.b492d551fd376eb7eb933fd566901d12.png

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhzIgTYbBfw

Not that I will actually be getting one, but if they use the actual size for extra/better cooling then I am all for it (or even so they can use bigger less noisy fans). One can hope at least.

8 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Sure DISK by definition means round flat thing, but in 30 years of doing computers I've never heard anyone referring to optical drives as "disk drives". Never. It was either what type of drive it is specifically, be it CD, DVD or BR or it was referred to it as optical drive. And if it ever was referred to as "disk" it was with "C" as DISC, not DISK when optical mediums were involved.

I've heard lots of people call optical drives as "disk drives" (lots of times).  Also, Nintendo literally called it disk drive https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64DD

I remember back when I was a kid, there were a fair amount of manuals that even mentioned putting the CD in the disc drive...so maybe where you are from it isn't that common, but it is overall a fairly common term for non-tech people to use.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

2 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

I've heard lots of people call optical drives as "disk drives" (lots of times).  Also, Nintendo literally called it disk drive https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64DD

I remember back when I was a kid, there were a fair amount of manuals that even mentioned putting the CD in the disc drive...so maybe where you are from it isn't that common, but it is overall a fairly common term for non-tech people to use.

I’ve edited the original post to not mention anything about a drive, just to avoid further confusion. 

7 hours ago, x-eagleeye-x said:

Some people simply cannot be pleased. They'll always find a way to complain about something. They'll quantify "caring" about certain issues and whatever number you come up with, they'll make it seem it isn't good enough.

Sony was the ones who said they cared and decided to do this. Like I said waiting a week is literally just waiting for your news to not get overshadowed.

9 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So how long are we supposed to wait? Just because people took advantage of a situation and started rioting and looting shouldn’t mean that others around the world need to wait for shit. 

Sony was the one who decided to wait. I thought they should have went ahead with it as originally scheduled but they were the ones who put out the idea that they "cared" and wanted to wait. I am just tired of the corporate lies and jumping on the bandwagon when all they wanted was to not get their "news" overshadowed by actual events that are taking place in their main market.

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

It looks nothing like a 360...

You can’t tell me it doesn’t look a little like an upright Xbox 360! 
image.png.cd0f47c6b754b83058a428bea931cc3e.png

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Not that I will actually be getting one, but if they use the actual size for extra/better cooling then I am all for it (or even so they can use bigger less noisy fans). One can hope at least.

So the definition of the term varies by age, computer literacy, and possibly region.  Sounds like to be sufficiently inclusive it means “some sort of undifferentiated storage system”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Sony was the one who decided to wait. I thought they should have went ahead with it as originally scheduled but they were the ones who put out the idea that they "cared" and wanted to wait. I am just tired of the corporate lies and jumping on the bandwagon when all they wanted was to not get their "news" overshadowed by actual events that are taking place in their main market.

It is blanket unsubstantiated claims being presented as truths that @LinusTech was trying to set an example against doing via his apology video.

You do not know what went into the decision, or what cogs might be working in the background.  Just because you thought that they should wait longer, doesn't mean they could or that they felt a week was good amount of time.  There is no point in throwing around baseless accusations against companies like so.

12 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

lol, I can see what you mean...as long as the thermals are good and it is relatively quite under load I don't care what it looks like (then again, not going to bother buying one)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Man. The ps3 and xbox 360 generation was in my opinion the last great console generation. Xbox one and ps4 have been lackluster atleast for me. Not exactly excited for any launch titles for XSEX and PS5. Just seems like a repeat of last gen. 

32 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Sony was the ones who said they cared and decided to do this. Like I said waiting a week is literally just waiting for your news to not get overshadowed.

Who made you judge, jury & executioner? They said they would wait, they waited. The fact you think they didn't wait long enough is not their issue, its yours. You do understand how business works, right? You do realise that delay cost them money and continued to cost them more each day longer they waited. And to be callous, OFC the decision was made to delay in order to not have BLM overshadow their event. Do you actually believe these corporations care about anything outside of their own business?

Like I said, Sony are a Japanese company, these events probably wouldn't have even registered on their radar if they didn't have a US branch. Let me ask you a question, exactly how much protesting have you done for the people of Hong Kong over these new Chinese laws that came into effect recently? It's an event that's happening on the other side of the world to people you don't know nor care about and the events have no impact on you or anybody you know so why should you care, right? Yeah, that's exactly how the Japanese will feel about BLM.

To be frank you should stop trying to impose your beliefs onto others, not everyone cares about the same stuff as you nor should they and that's fine. Its a big world and there's room for everyone.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Well, I can no longer unsee the design:

a80a707bae42db48783e0b1a9913a00c00eb1457

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

13 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Well, I can no longer unsee the design:

-snip-

No need to quote large images. -- GoodBytes

The meme I’ve seen I like most so far is the star wars storm trooper mistaking the thing for its child.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

53 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Yeah, you're right. Fuck him...

Except that's not at all what that means. Talk about tone deaf...

48 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

They did wait. A week. How long are they supposed to wait? What would satisfy you? Until the protests are over? People always protest. Guess we'll never have another launch event, because something completely unrelated is happening. There are also protests all over the world. I didn't see anyone stop any events for the Hong Kong protests.

47 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

It doesn't, it's not even the same shade of white 😂

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It doesn't, it's not even the same shade of white 😂

Shhh let me believe it’ll be something close to the glory of the Xbox 360

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6