COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
18 hours ago, mr moose said:

It does reduce the death rate, 

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/why-does-the-coronavirus-fatality-rate-differ-so-m

There is no doubt that overwhelmed health systems cannot cater for all those who need ICU care.

You can make a million assumptions and draw thousands of conclusions based on the immense variety of information out there.  Picking and choosing what sounds the best does not equate to being the best information.

What information out there suggests that the virus will be less deadly in two months compared to today.

Unless the virus magically dies or becomes less infectious its the same thing.

Unless they plan on locking down until theres a cure (which we know wont happen, even if they tried people wouldnt obey it) they are just delaying the inevitable.

So I watching this NY Cuomo udpate and he had this slide up. Basically this said in "Rest of State", Asians have gone extinct and % of deaths is more than total population. :ph34r:

stats.png.0afc67d323945ccca9d36fc1f2dd6b57.png

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

No one’s safe. Feels like I’m in a movie.

A member of Vice President Mike Pence's staff has tested positive for COVID-19, a White House senior administration official confirmed Friday.

The administration official said the person was not scheduled to be on the trip but tested positive Friday morning. Six members of Pence's staff had to deplane to get tested out of an abundance of caution. The official did not go into detail about what kind of contact this person had with Vice President Pence but did say this person had no direct contact with the president.

https://cbs2iowa.com/news/local/report-staff-member-of-vp-pence-tests-positive-for-covid-19-ahead-of-iowa-visit

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

21 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

So I watching this NY Cuomo udpate and he had this slide up. Basically this said in "Rest of State", Asians have gone extinct and % of deaths is more than total population. :ph34r:

Honestly not sure if I should laugh or cry ... I'm being serious. This is just ...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Honestly not sure if I should laugh or cry ... I'm being serious. This is just ...

Spoiler

Higher % of deaths over total population means, those people were never documented or counted in the 1st place.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

32 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

stats.png.0afc67d323945ccca9d36fc1f2dd6b57.png

Take a moment ..ur miss understanding the data :)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

@NumLock21 this is so many levels in /r/notmyjob/ that's it's fucking ridiculous.

Regardless of the reason, someone should've raised a flag and point out the obvious ; either it's badly presented (the numbers mean something else, and so the titles are wrong) or they made a mistake when converting those numbers to %.

7 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Take a moment ..ur miss understanding the data :)

I think I prefer saying it's misrepresented, I know what they're trying to do here, but it's just straight a bad job if you have to stop and explain a simple chart like this.

8 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I think I prefer saying it's misrepresented, I know what they're trying to do here, but it's just straight a bad job if you have to stop and explain a simple chart like this.

Thats kinda the point ..it is simple :P

sry

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

What information out there suggests that the virus will be less deadly in two months compared to today.

Unless the virus magically dies or becomes less infectious its the same thing.

Unless they plan on locking down until theres a cure (which we know wont happen, even if they tried people wouldnt obey it) they are just delaying the inevitable.

No.  It really doesn’t.  Plus bad logic.

There’s this thing called R rating.  If the R rating is below 1 deaths go down.  If the r rating is above 1 deaths go up.  if r can be kept below 1 for long enough the disease goes to zero and dies.  That’s what China did.  It took multiple months.  It has not been done ANYWHERE outside of China so far as I am aware.  A lot of things affect r rating.  One of them is social distancing.  It’s basically the ONLY thing that has been found that has much of any effect.  There are lots of things that could.  A vaccine is one.  Herd immunity is potentially another (though it may not work).  Contact tracing is a third.  We don’t have any of those yet though.  We’ve had a good period of below r1 in a lot of places.  Not far below one, and Not the nation as a whole, but parts of it. I’ve seen models where the r rating of covid has been driven as high as 5 with changes to human behavior.

it is not necessary for the virus to “magically” die.  People can kill it.  It’s been done.  It’s merely extremely painful.  Some argue too painful therefore we should allow some people to die, and light heartedly hope that “some” does not turn out to be “everyone” because once down that path it cannot be turned back from without vastly greater pain than was already deemed unacceptable.  

Edited by Bombastinator
Clarification and herd immunity explanation added

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Huh?  it does not change in it's deadliness, what changes is how we deal with it.   What changes is how well our health system can cope.  What changes between countries with high death rates and countries with low death rates is not the virus but how the government deals with it in light of the compounding issues (like health systems).

Flattening the curve absolutely reduced the death rate for countries that succeeded in doing it before the health systems were overloaded.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

To tie this whole thing to the b450-is dead-end thing, I see a similarity between attitudes that promote lack of distancing and attitudes that fostered b450.  The big difference is with the b450 thing people who got talked into spending money on systems they thought would last years lost money and were merely hurt financially.  The covid thing is gonna kill people.  A lot of people.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

SEOUL, South Korea — Seoul has shut down more than 2,100 nightclubs, hostess bars, and discos after dozens of infections were linked to clubgoers who went out last weekend as the country relaxed social distancing guidelines.

South Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention earlier said 18 fresh cases were reported in the 24 hours to midnight Friday, all but one of them linked to a 29-year-old man who visited three clubs in Seoul’s Itaewon district last Saturday before testing positive on Tuesday.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1272303/seoul-shuts-down-nightclubs-after-coronavirus-spread

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

The Canadian government finally commented on the defective N95 masks received from China, it seems it's only affecting one supplier and it's a small amount compared to the total amount of masks Canada is trying to get.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5562772

18 hours ago, mr moose said:

Huh?  it does not change in it's deadliness, what changes is how we deal with it.   What changes is how well our health system can cope.  What changes between countries with high death rates and countries with low death rates is not the virus but how the government deals with it in light of the compounding issues (like health systems).

Flattening the curve absolutely reduced the death rate for countries that succeeded in doing it before the health systems were overloaded.

We flattened the curve. We all agree on that.

So if we agree its no less deadly in two months as it is now....why wait to reopen areas? 

The way we deal with it now is the same way we deal with it in a month or two. Unless something magically happens in medicine. 

So why continue to weaken the entire country when the outcome is the same?

21 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

A zombie apocalypse/slasher  movie.  Where women in overly tight clothing and maga hats insist on taking the only flashlight and running into the basement alone.

21 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

No.  It really doesn’t.  Plus bad logic.

There’s this thing called R rating.  If the R rating is below 1 deaths go down.  If the r rating is above 1 deaths go up.  if r can be kept below 1 for long enough the disease goes to zero and dies.  That’s what China did.  It took multiple months.  It has not been done ANYWHERE outside of China so far as I am aware.  A lot of things affect r rating.  One of them is social distancing.  It’s basically the ONLY thing that has been found that has much of any effect.  There are lots of things that could.  A vaccine is one.  Herd immunity is potentially another (though it may not work).  Contact tracing is a third.  We don’t have any of those yet though.  We’ve had a good period of below r1 in a lot of places.  Not far below one, and Not the nation as a whole, but parts of it. I’ve seen models where the r rating of covid has been driven as high as 5 with changes to human behavior.

it is not necessary for the virus to “magically” die.  People can kill it.  It’s been done.  It’s merely extremely painful.  Some argue too painful therefore we should allow some people to die, and light heartedly hope that “some” does not turn out to be “everyone” because once down that path it cannot be turned back from without vastly greater pain than was already deemed unacceptable.  

We have no clue whats really going on in china. Nor do we know if they "killed" it in any way. 

Theres no factual evidence that china "killed the virus". 

Contact tracing cannot be done in the US. Not in a meaningful way that would actually work. Its impossible. You cant enforce it. It will never/cant ever happen.

A vaccine is nowhere in sight. We dont even have any evidence that we will ever get one at this time (not saying we wont. I think we will and i hope we will)

So out of the three options  you put the only one that is realistic any time this year is herd immunity.

4 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

We flattened the curve. We all agree on that.

So if we agree its no less deadly in two months as it is now....why wait to reopen areas? 

The way we deal with it now is the same way we deal with it in a month or two. Unless something magically happens in medicine. 

So why continue to weaken the entire country when the outcome is the same?

And if we agree my ass actually smells like flowers I can sell my shit as perfume.

read the report from South Korea. The country with less disease and better testing than we have?  It lasted one fricken day.  They got as many cases that they managed to find, which means there are probably several times as many more that they didn’t, as started their whole problem in the first place.  One day and they get 3 more months.  And they have better equipment than we do.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

And if we agree my ass actually smells like flowers I can sell my shit as perfume.

read the report from South Korea. The country with less disease and better testing than we have?  It lasted one fricken day.  They got as many cases that they managed to find, which means there are probably several times as many more that they didn’t, as started their whole problem in the first place.  One day and they get 3 more months.  And they have better equipment than we do.

Who is claiming that cases wont go up?

Unless there is a cure cases are going to go up. 

Its why even as we reopen high risk people will still need to lockdown.

Your whole statement has nothing to do with what was being talked about.

5 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

We have no clue whats really going on in china. Nor do we know if they "killed" it in any way. 

Theres no factual evidence that china "killed the virus". 

Contact tracing cannot be done in the US. Not in a meaningful way that would actually work. Its impossible. You cant enforce it. It will never/cant ever happen.

A vaccine is nowhere in sight. We dont even have any evidence that we will ever get one at this time (not saying we wont. I think we will and i hope we will)

So out of the three options  you put the only one that is realistic any time this year is herd immunity.

Re: herd immunity. Sure it’s a maybe.  It could work.  Not a 100% chance.  I don’t know what the chance is.  We have no way of even knowing that right now.  Could be above 50%. Could be below 50%.  Could be 99% and still not succeed.  And if it doesn’t the world dies.

Now if only customers can stop bringing their entire families to the store.  Saw one bring 5 kids.

“Basically, these kids probably have been exposed to COVID in the recent four-to-six week period, have convalesced from that, and now are having this inflammatory viral response,” he said. “Many of them are not testing positive through a nasal swab, but we’re actually finding antibodies in their blood that are consistent with a past exposure to the COVID virus.”

https://fox2now.com/news/mystery-illness-appearing-in-children-linked-to-coronavirus-doctor-says/

Three children have unfortunately now passed away in NY because of this inflammatory response.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2020-05-09/three-new-york-children-have-died-from-rare-illness-tied-to-covid-19-governor

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Re: herd immunity. Sure it’s a maybe.  It could work.  Not a 100% chance.  I don’t know what the chance is.  We have no way of even knowing that right now.  Could be above 50%. Could be below 50%.  Could be 99% and still not succeed.  And if it doesn’t the world dies.

The world doesnt die. The vast majority of people who get the virus dont die.

If it was as deadly as you make it out to be for everyone then we would already have tens of millions dead in the us alone.

Just now, RonnieOP said:

The world doesnt die. The vast majority of people who get the virus dont die.

If it was as deadly as you make it out to be for everyone then we would already have tens of millions dead in the us alone.

Don’t die assuming that herd immunity works.  If it doesn’t they don’t die the first time, but they keep on getting it till they do.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Don’t die assuming that herd immunity works.  If it doesn’t they don’t die the first time, but they keep on getting it till they do.

Do you have any evidence that low risk people are getting it over and over and eventually dying?

3 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Do you have any evidence that low risk people are getting it over and over and eventually dying?

Actually there’s evidence that that isn’t happening.  The problem is it’s evidence from China which you claim isn’t an acceptable place to get data from.

Your assumption is “unless there is proof I am wrong I am right”

nope.  

Unless there is proof someone is wrong no one is right.  

We.

Lack.

Proof.

Of anything.  So do we run into the dark basement with the communities only flashlight hoping for a quick and profitable fix?  Or do we wait for morning?