corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

11 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

That wont matter though as the U.S. dollar might not be worth as much if the market keeps going the way it is which is a possible recession or even worse a depression. Those two things are way off though. 

If the U.S dollar isnt gonna be worth anything then im gonna buy a ton of cartons of cigarettes and a few logs of copenhagen chew tobacco. I can barter and trade with those. If the economy doesnt collapse...then i have some christmas gifts for friends and family who love tobacco.

Calm down. The US has been thru worse. For example Spanish Flu was much much worse than this. The virus is decreasing in China from what I have read. So I would expect that eventually every where else it will start to subside. Also, The US Stock market was over vauled, we were due for a market correction. Eventally everything will become normal again and Wall street will become greedy again and the market will rebound like it always does. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Calm down. The US has been thru worse. For example Spanish Flu was much much worse than this. The virus is decreasing in China from what I have read. So I would expect that eventually every where else it will start to subside. Also, The US Stock market was over vauled, we were due for a market correction. Eventally everything will become normal again and Wall street will become greedy again and the market will rebound like it always does. 

I am calm, i actually think the over reaction of other people is well out of control. I just dont see the benefits of toilet paper in a market like this. Copenhagen and cigs would seem better. When times are tough people resort to old vices and bad habits. 

And you cant compare a flu from 1918 to a modern day virus. They might seem similar but Corona has different affects on a modern society both health wise and economically wise. 

1 minute ago, PurplDrank said:

And you cant compare a flu from 1918 to a modern day virus. They might seem similar but Corona has different affects on a modern society both health wise and economically wise. 

Spanish flu killed any where from 17 million to 100 Million people. Corona wont be nearly that bad. Also, like I said, the market was over inflated, anyway you look at it a market correction was in our future. Most of the issues for the market are due to the retarded media companies pouring gas on the fire. Eventally everything will return to normal. It always does. 

The biggest economic issues are going to be for China. Becuase now people are going to start looking at building factories outside of China so they can make sure that products can be produced. Because the last few outbreaks have happen in China. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Spanish flu killed any where from 17 million to 100 Million people. Corona wont be nearly that bad. Also, like I said, the market was over inflated, anyway you look at it a market correction was in our future. Most of the issues for the market are due to the retarded media companies pouring gas on the fire. Eventally everything will return to normal. It always does. 

The biggest economic issues are going to be for China. Becuase now people are going to start looking at building factories outside of China so they can make sure that products can be produced. Because the last few outbreaks have happen in China. 

I understand what your saying about the market. But you cant always predict the market. Very few people predicted the depression and financial crisis. Maybe this is a correction nobody really knows. 

Whats a problem for china is also a problem for the united states because our economies are so intertwined more so than with any other country besides maybe vietnam. There might not be severe effects but you can certainly bet that what happens over there affects us.

47 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

China isnt stupid enough to do that though. I can see them doing it to their own people because they have a large number of older people in their population and thats a burden on there country. But China is not going to bring down the US economy. THEY NEED US. The US is the largest market in the world, we buy the most shit. Seeing how most of the shit sold is made in China, China would just be shooting themselves. The fact is after this is all said and done, China has pretty much lost their title as the number one manufacure. The fact is companies are now looking at the sistuiation and seeing that they cant rely on China for everything. 

It's China, so I would guess it's probably them doing it to their own people and to get the US into a recession.

And the US needs China more, China can sustain their own market through manufacturing, since China makes about everything the US can't just shut its borders to slow down the spread of the virus.

36 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

That wont matter though as the U.S. dollar might not be worth as much if the market keeps going the way it is which is a possible recession or even worse a depression. Those two things are way off though. 

If the U.S dollar isnt gonna be worth anything then im gonna buy a ton of cartons of cigarettes and a few logs of copenhagen chew tobacco. I can barter and trade with those. If the economy doesnt collapse...then i have some christmas gifts for friends and family who love tobacco.

With so many events being postponed or cancelled, and the market already falling to around to what it was during the last recession. It may be media fearmongering but some say if the virus keeps spreading without slowing down there may be a severe recession.

I don't get the toilet paper shortage though, I stocked up on a few months worth of canned and frozen foods instead of hoarding toilet paper. The stores in my area have toilet paper back in stock but have put a limit on how much you can buy, there are also limits on cleaning supplies like lysol and bleach, which IMO is what stores should've done much sooner so people couldn't go price gouging by selling it on ebay.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

It's China, so I would guess it's probably them doing it to their own people and to get the US into a recession.

And the US needs China more, China can sustain their own market through manufacturing, since China makes about everything the US can't just shut its borders to slow down the spread of the virus.

With so many events being postponed or cancelled, and the market already falling to around to what it was during the last recession. It may be media fearmongering but some say if the virus keeps spreading there may be a severe recession.

I don't get the toilet paper shortage though, like I stocked up on a few months worth of canned and frozen foods instead of hoarding toilet paper. The stores in my area have toilet paper back in stock but have put a limit on how much you can buy, there are also limits on cleaning supplies like lysol and bleach, which IMO is what stores should've done much sooner so people couldn't go price gouging by selling it on ebay.

Everything economically wise seems to be coming to an standstill. What this means for the economy in the future who knows. Im staring at a guy who has 3 packs of Sharmin mega rolls of toilet paper on Amazon for $323. The normal 3 pack of clorox wipes goes for about $10 at Walmart, some guy has a 3 pack of clorox wipes on craigslist for $50. 

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

4 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

well i know its out of stock bro but you cant find the prices? At say a canadian walmart online?

Found some here. Seems like half Amazon's price.

https://www.metro.ca/en/online-grocery/search?filter=toilet+paper&freeText=true

Walmart is out.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 minute ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Found some here. Seems like half Amazon's price.

https://www.metro.ca/en/online-grocery/search?filter=toilet+paper&freeText=true

if you can't find toilet paper and you need some. find flushable baby wipes. Interesting....this toilet paper obsession is happening all over the world. I might start hoarding toiler plungers to get revenge on the TP hoarders. 

This obsession with toilet paper is absurd, theres more than 1 way to wash ur arse after taking a dump ffs -.-

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Just now, SolarNova said:

This obsession with toilet paper is absurd, theres more than 1 way to wash ur arse after taking a dump ffs -.-

We dont beleive in Bidet's around these parts. And no way in fucking hell we are using our hand to do it. 

41 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Everything economically wise seems to be coming to an standstill. What this means for the economy in the future who knows. Im staring at a guy who has 3 packs of Sharmin mega rolls of toilet paper on Amazon for $323. The normal 3 pack of clorox wipes goes for about $10 at Walmart, some guy has a 3 pack of clorox wipes on craigslist for $50. 

A lot of people are staying at home instead going out, maybe a good time to invest in a company like Amazon or delivery services.

I've never had to buy toilet paper on Amazon, but most of it was out of stock.

17 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I'm seeing toilet paper in stock on Amazon Canada ~$20 CDN for 12 double rolls. What price should it be? 

Buying some ain't my job. ?

That's probably about 2 or 3 times the regular price. $20 should get you a bulk pack of toilet paper (like 24 or 36 rolls).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Wal-Mart ran out of toilet paper and paper towels.  And 1 death in Georgia.  All County's that have the Corona Virus will have their schools closed for 2 weeks.  And people are buying out can goods and dry goods at all super markets/retail stores.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Classes suspended and any kind of events cancelled here in Belgium just a few hours ago. Also looks like many non-essential shops will be closed on weekends as well. Not a full on lockdown yet though.

🙂

Just now, duncannah said:

Classes suspended and any kind of events cancelled here in Belgium just a few hours ago. Also looks like many non-essential shops will be closed on weekends as well. Not a full on lockdown yet though.

Yes most universites and colleges here in the United States are canceled for two weeks. Some are transferring to online classes. 

So by closing schools and other establishments for two weeks, coronavirus is going to magically disappear?

27 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

if you can't find toilet paper and you need some. find flushable baby wipes. Interesting....this toilet paper obsession is happening all over the world. I might start hoarding toiler plungers to get revenge on the TP hoarders. 

Not in the market for some, just didn't know the price.

Bidet master race.

20 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's probably about 2 or 3 times the regular price. $20 should get you a bulk pack of toilet paper (like 24 or 36 rolls).

That's ridiculous. Shops should have imposed customer limits like they often do. 

6 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

So by closing schools and other establishments for two weeks, coronavirus is going to magically disappear?

Yup. Dumb decisions. The virus won't magically disappear. Parents with kids won't be able to stay at home either if their work place doesn't close. What will happen with the kids? It cost a lot of money to have them taken care for by others and not everyone have relatives who can just take them like that either.

Lots of schools are closing right now in Montreal.

Even though the directive is to only shut down the school, IF and WHEN, there's a known case that went to sent school.

Yet these ******** are shutting down in "precaution" ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? There's only like, 13 cases in the whole of Quebec, all of which were travelers or had close contact with a traveler, there's no evidence of the virus being in circulation right now. Literally pointless to close schools.

All this will do is not only create panic, but will also affect everyone attending said schools. Because they will have to repeat a year if schools don't reopen quickly. Months of their time, wasted, because the direction of these schools decided to go against what the government decided and shut down anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yup. Dumb decisions. The virus won't magically disappear. Parents with kids won't be able to stay at home either if their work place doesn't close. What will happen with the kids? It cost a lot of money to have them taken care for by others and not everyone have relatives who can just take them like that either.

Lost wages too, we aren't all unionized public sector employees.

10 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

I would really hope it doesn't get to that point in the US, in Italy there is a higher percentage of older people,and their healthcare system is apparently under funded, pollution may also be a factor.

https://time.com/5799586/italy-coronavirus-outbreak/

I really wouldn't put it past the Chinese govt did it to destabilize the US, since the market fell pretty hard and i've been seeing experts say it won't get any better if there isn't a decrease in the rate of infection over the summer like what happens with cases of influenza.

I can't help but agree with this as a possibility.
Note what I underlined - It's possible.

To the point:

They certainly have everything to gain over destabilizing the market here and they don't care about what happens over there aside from remaining in control - Overpopulated already and such regimes never have the best interests of the people in mind, just themselves. As for whether they "Need" us or not is in a way a non-issue since they have the rest of the world to lean on as well.

It also doesn't help with the recent trade issues they could well be flexing some muscle in a nefarious way with this as "Payback", I can only speak for myself here but I woudn't put it past them to do such.
If they really are seeking to disrupt things here, they've done a bang-up job of it so far.

BTW the toilet paper thing is about when you're isolated (Quarantined) at home meaning you can't leave to go get any during that time, you can't really rely on it being dropped off since the delivery guys could be affected too and no telling when more would be available since the makers themselves are subject to the effects of being shutdown over it.

If that happens there's little to no toidy paper for anyone period, whether you can go get it, have it dropped off or just whatever else. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

So how many of you go through 1L of hand sanitizer per day? They installed stations around the workplace and they're empty by the hour's end. 

Some Karen spreading the news of 4 coronavirus cases in 3 schools of my relatively small city.

Luckily she deleted her Facebook, it was full of alternative medicine quackery.

Should be a crime.

So after this shift today I’m exhausted. Couldn’t get a lunch. It wasn’t like this just 2 days ago last time I worked. So whatever the governor and president said yesterday made everyone flip the fuck out. Disneyland will close on Monday. School districts are having meetings to determine if schools will close. Parents are panicking and buying extra food in case the kids have the stay at home for a whole month. Absolute madness here. And some have no idea why lots of shelves were empty so it was tricky to explain it to them without causing more panic.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I’m answering myself in my previous post. Didn’t know about this until I researched.

Six more people in San Diego County have tested presumptive positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus labeled a pandemic by the World Health Organization this week.

As of Thursday, San Diego County has a total of seven people who have tested positive for COVID-19, including one that may be the county's first case of community spread because of the patient's lack of travel to foreign countries, though the case remains under investigation.

Part of that action was a legally-enforceable public health order that banned all gatherings of 250 people or more in San Diego County. The order, which follows one issued by Gov. Gavin Newsom for the state on Wednesday, will be in effect through the month of March, according to Supervisor Fletcher.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/at-least-5-presumptive-positive-cases-of-coronavirus-in-san-diego-county-hhsa/2284267/

Friend of a friend would need to cancel her wedding then. Will have over 600 guests.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X