corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

15 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

I do agree, but it's in Reuters and all the major german newspapers.

Some german Ministers are cited nominally and Daniel Menichella, former CEO of CureVac, has been demoted from CureVac and replaced by Ingmar Hoerr.

As  quoted:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8114015/Donald-Trump-tries-pay-German-company-creating-experimental-coronavirus-vaccine-US.html

If it was only an unsubstantified rumour I wouldn't have posted it...

If any lab, research center successfully develops a vaccine that passes human trial. Every major drug company in every country should be allowed to mass produce it. WHO or UN or whoever can come up with the money to compensate the development cost and potential profit for the lab. This is for the sake of humanity.

Am I daydreaming.

@SolarNova

His actions are illegal in many countries and states (including his).

This is beyond greed, he's making 6 figures with his "retail arbitrage" business, there's no need for him to have done that (he went around his state emptying whole stores, so he could resell it online at 20x the price).

In my province, this type of price gouging is also illegal, thankfully, Amazon and eBay have policies against that, and they will report this to the authorities where it's illegal.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Things must be getting pretty serious out there folks. All the 9mm handgun ammunition at my local sporting goods store is all sold out.

....MERICA!

1 hour ago, Deli said:

America first...

"Trump was trying to secure the scientists’ work exclusively, and would do anything to get a vaccine for the United States, “but only for the United States.”

I hope the story/rumor isn't true. Too many conspiracy theories are circulating out there now. We should be extra careful not to believe anything we read. It will only make the situation worse.

I also hope it's not true because it means Trump will be trying to rush a vaccine through to production and rant about unnecessary government regulation, when they'd be critically necessary for any vaccine. There would have to be trials to ensure there aren't nasty side effects, then there would have to be trials to ensure it actually works. You just can't give 300 million healthy people a vaccine that you don't know if it'll make things worse. Trump's vaccine in two months quip was ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

. You just can't give 300 million healthy people a vaccine that you don't know if it'll make things worse.

Sure u can 'offer' it ...it would certainly have the 'potential' of weeding out the stupid from the gene pool :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Luxembourg is on lock down.

But it's a "special" lock down 😂
Citizens are to stay at home, but they can go to work.
They are to limit all their movements, but they can go to the doctor, shopping for 1st necessities (food), and to the notary (will... O_o ).

They can do outdoor activities (walk in the forest, nature) but they have to respect the 2m distancing.

All cultural centers are closed for at least 2 weeks (no movies 2 times per week?  I'm going to die here!)

Restaurants and bars are "closed" but they can deliver and you can go for take-away. O_o

I'm feeling LOL right now and 🤦‍♀️

Edited to add:

I understand the intent but imo you can't right now have it both ways... You can't at the same time prevent people from being in contact and at the same time not make it "hard" for them...
Of course, people need to be able to shop for food, go to see the doctor.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Luxembourg is on lock down.

But it's a "special" lock down 😂
Citizens are to stay at home, but they can go to work.
They are to limit all their movements, but they can go to the doctor, shopping for 1st necessities (food),

They can do outdoor activities (walk in the forest, nature) but they have to respect the 2m distancing.

All cultural centers are closed for at least 2 weeks.

Restaurants and bars are "closed" but they can deliver and you can go for take-away. O_o

I'm feeling LOL right now and 🤦‍♀️

The government of my country decides to make a U-turn from two days ago. All schools, daycare centers, restaurants, cafes all close for 3 weeks. More strict measures will follow soon.

My boss is asking people to take pay leave(use up their holidays). Last week started a big drop of work load. I bet the coming weeks we might operate at less than 50% of normal capacity.

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

The government of my country decides to make a U-turn from two days ago. All schools, daycare centers, restaurants, cafes all close for 3 weeks. More strict measures will follow soon.

All the schools, daycare, high-schools and universities are already closed for at least 2 weeks (possible extension will be discussed before the end of the 2 weeks).

Yesterday I was out with friends for dinner and they were 3-4 groups in the restaurants. Safe to say it was "empty" for a Saturday evening.

Bah! 🤷‍♀️

8 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

All the schools, daycare, high-schools and universities are already closed for at least 2 weeks (possible extension will be discussed before the end of the 2 weeks).

Yesterday I was out with friends for dinner and they were 3-4 groups in the restaurants. Safe to say it was "empty" for a Saturday evening.

Bah! 🤷‍♀️

Only England stands firm and keeps the schools open.

6 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Bah! 🤷‍♀️

Bah! Indeed...

Just seen interview with director of hospital in brabant. IC beds pretty mjch saturated. Reports part of staff is "shocked" by what theve seen.

On a national level expectation is medical supllies run low as soon as by the end of this week.

My bet is that within 10 days we are like spain and italy, house arrest nationwide with thousands euros fine if you leave the house.

2 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Bah! Indeed...

Just seen interview with director of hospital in brabant. IC beds pretty mjch saturated. Reports part of staff is "shocked" by what theve seen.

On a national level expectation is medical supllies run low as soon as by the end of this week.

My bet is that within 10 days we are like spain and italy, house arrest nationwide with thousands euros fine if you leave the house.

Can you believe this. Just last Friday I asked many of my colleagues. Many of them haven't stock up extra food and supplies.

12 minutes ago, Deli said:

Can you believe this. Just last Friday I asked many of my colleagues. Many of them haven't stock up extra food and supplies.

Yeah the rate of spread and amount sick is.. well sickening....

Closing schools is somewhat of a moot point now, cause part of the reasons is they admitted "too many teachers and supporting staff are already sick to keep schools open anyhow" - yikes. And that in the span of 2 to 3 days....

We did stock up, but not like crazy in one time, weve been just buying a bit extra last few shoppings past weeks and are now at limit of what we can reasonably hold. Supply wont dry up but options to collect can dwindle quickly just like in parts of spain and italy.

Likely there will be the next run on food to tommorow as todays measures will mean a lot of kids and thus parents will lunch at home from now on instead of usuing company or school facilities as food sources.

7 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Bah! Indeed...

Imao stopping something that's comunity spread it's extremely difficult, a lock down will be necessary, though stooping people from doing other shit will be extremely difficult 

My guess is that the US are doing exactly like Italy, they fear on doing nothing, but also they fear economy, so they are just dicking around with reassurances to put people at work 

Anyway I noticed that in Italy they are using ignorance to put people at work, they are basically giving useless masks (usually those that are used by bricklayers for the dust or surgical masks) for reassurances, so if they think that they will be somewhat more safer they will be at work

7 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Yeah the rate of spread and amount sick is.. well sickening....

Closing schools is somewhat of a moot point now, cause part of the reasons is they admitted "too many teachers and supporting staff are already sick to keep schools open anyhow" - yikes. And that in the span of 2 to 3 days....

We did stock up, but not like crazy in one time, weve been just buying a bit extra last few shoppings past weeks and are now at limit of what we can reasonably hold. Supply wont dry up but options to collect can dwindle quickly just like in parts of spain and italy.

Likely there will be the next run on food to tommorow as todays measures will mean a lot of kids and thus parents will lunch at home from now on instead of usuing company or school facilities as food sources.

God, I wonder if I need another round of supermarket run as well. Hard to tell if this crisis last one or three months.

21 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Bah! Indeed...

I'm not really sure I understand right what you mean ^o^

It's been weeks I'm saying here that the situation is more grave that what is said.

It's been weeks I'm saying here that what we are told about the situation in Wuhan, that the numbers we have been shown in China are not right.

I have been criticized, mocked, doubted and even by some been called a "catastrophist"...

Now here we are...

I have been buying reserves for my family for the past 2-3 weeks, slowly, calmly without panicing. And at the same time seeing the others panic for the past few days...

Now I see the situation accelerate in the country I live in, they are ready for some things, and they are not for others.
i.e. now first responders have received the order to use the same mask through their whole shift. When they are not with a sick person they must put the mask in a bag, and they use it only in presence of the person they take charge of.

It's not perfect, but it's better than in other places.

But yes, when I hear "the restaurants and bars are going to be closed, but they are open for deliveries and for take out", I am feeling " WTF? O_o "

When I hear "we must minimize the movements, but families can go out in the forest but they must respect the 2m distancing!", again I feel the " WTF? "

The friends I had dinner yesterday, one of them works with refugees and her daughter who was there is a nurse and a 1st responder. We were exchanging informations... Yes, in the hospitals they are going to be overwhelmed.... They already had the army put out tents for triage and testing.
As of today we have 51 confirmed and 1 death (94 yo lady). A drop in the pond compared to other countries, but yesterday we had... 26 confirmed! It doubled within a day.

Everyday we have more than 200K Frontier Workers cross the borders to work in the country. 200K !

We are surrounded by 3 heavily striken countries.

So yes... " Bah! "  ^o^

What shall happen, will happen... We can try to minimize it as much as we can, but now all we can do is go for the ride and hope for the best! 🙂

Just now, Tony Tony Chopper said:

I have people that can do shoping for me if i fear going outside, i avoid weekends and only shop really early in morning and check google maps to see if place is busy.

image.png.3032c9d631b8e5a55d7d3751ab72eba1.png

I really suggest everyone make use of this and only shop in morning avoid as many as possible.

Absolutely go to supermarket at 8:00 am, and done with the shopping in 10 min.

Not 'stocking up' here. Business as usual.  :)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

A top official in the coronavirus response says the U.S. should be prepared "to hunker down significantly more than we as a country are doing.” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on NBC’s “Meet The Press” that it is not clear whether the spread of the virus has been blunted.

Asked if he would prefer something like a 14-day national shutdown, Fauci told NBC: “You know, I would prefer as much as we possibly could. I think we should really be overly aggressive and get criticized for overreacting."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/15/coronavirus-live-updates-travel-ban-airports-stores-schools-close/5032701002/

I wonder how a national shutdown would work in the US though..

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

I'm hearing that some people legit believe that 5G is the cause of this or that it doesn't exist...Like this guy (Spoiler alert: he's wrong since 5G towers has not only been around before this but there are many infected areas that aren't even CLOSE to the towers)

The amount of likes compared to dislikes is also very concerning. Seems like there are legit people eating this shit up.

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

4 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Please... Let's be real here!

The disease is running rampant for weeks in the US. It's only been lees than a week that things started to move.

Nothing has been stopped in the US. How can Fauci in an interview say "the numbers don't tell us that yet", there is no testing yet, you don't know the numbers yet. The only numbers you have are not even the tip of the iceberg. It's been 6 weeks the virus is freely roaming through the country and as Dr Ho said on Maddow's show, this is the picture from 7 days ago!

Fauci says "you always want to be ahead of the curve" but how can you do that when the curve is ahead of you for weeks and the head of the administration doesn't want to know...

I mean, really?  Total BS here!

7 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I'm hearing that some people legit believe that 5G is the cause of this or that it doesn't exist...Like this guy

The amount of likes compared to dislikes is also very concerning. Seems like there are legit people eating this shit up.

My......everytime I see this I lose hope of humanity.

Some Fox news hosts still insist the whole thing is a cook-up hysteria to hurt Trump.

1 minute ago, Cora_Lie said:

Please... Let's be real here!

The disease is running rampant for weeks in the US. It's only been lees than a week that things started to move.

Nothing has been stopped in the US. How can Fauci in an interview say "the numbers don't tell us that yet", there is no testing yet, you don't know the numbers yet. The only numbers you have are not even the tip of the iceberg. It's been 6 weeks the virus is freely roaming through the country and as Dr Ho said on Maddow's show, this is the picture from 7 days ago!

Fauci says "you always want to be ahead of the curve" but how can you do that when the curve is ahead of you for weeks and the head of the administration doesn't want to know...

I mean, really?  Total BS here!

I fully expect US will climb to #2 on the chart just below China in term of confirmed cases very soon.

3 minutes ago, Deli said:

My......everytime I see this I lose hop of humanity.

Some Fox news hosts still insist the whole thing is a cook-up hysteria to hurt Trump.

people dying left and right + getting constantly infected and sick like never before, is far from hysteria.....Hope the hosts get kicked off or fired, or at the very least backpedal. 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

What Fauci does at the moment, as far as I'm concerned, is damage control. Nothing else, nothing more.

I'm glad that Roche has been approved for their method of testing by the FDA.
What are they waiting to approve the others? Roche alone won't be able to bear the brunt of the case load.