corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

50 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

Did you make this? Make it mobile friendly an makesome revenue from it ohh I got somthing funny for you guys I'll grab the link now makes no fuckin sense

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-leeds-51843128

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

1 hour ago, Alexsheff93 said:

Did you make this? Make it mobile friendly an makesome revenue from it ohh I got somthing funny for you guys I'll grab the link now makes no fuckin sense

No. I did not make that. That BBC story makes me hate humanity more.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

No. I did not make that. That BBC story makes me hate humanity more.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/11/man-licked-fingers-wiped-underground-train-handrail-12382549/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

10 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

50p for a squirt of hand sanitizer vs free water and soap at school. In addition to standard flu practices, you should also sanitise the upper respiratory system. Take extra vitamin D and C. Sleep more for better energy recreation and well...less contact with people. 

Im not saying im 100% safe againts corona, but atleast im damn more prepared than someone buying up TP and selling hand sanitizer per application.

The irony of this article is: the boy wanted to get kebabs with the money he earned. Because you know...corona does not affect the young...  

Damn thanks Corona. Had a for me hard abstract math exam in 8 days but all university tests got cancelled. Now I got an additional month, which I really needed. 

Its starting here, schools are closing down for 2 month and all council workers been told to work from home

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

On 3/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, NumLock21 said:

I doubt those who buy toilet paper by the pallet is planning to sell it on eBay. Some people have large families and they're preparing for the worse, and buying plenty of bottle water don't make them a-holes or a doofus. If the place they are in does go into total locked down, that means no one is out there to deliver toilet paper to stores and no one will be at water treatment plants to monitor our drinking water.

The FUCK they're not! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Charmin-Essentials-Toilet-Paper-Ultra-Strong-Soft-Toilet-Paper-16-120/264663277443?hash=item3d9f291f83:m:mTGdSMLhltoLDE8yLkS1fjA

Just go to ebay and type toilet paper. $10 a roll? Are you kidding me? TOTAL a-hole! If you are rushing out and scrounging up everything you can get your hands on, you are either so incredibly unprepared for even tomorrow's bowel movement OR you are profiteering. And in that vein, you have zero shits to give about others that might be in a need situation because you are forcing scarcity with your actions, preventing others from having even the slightest of chances to get some for themselves. I honestly hope these ass-hats are stuck with garages full of toilet paper that they can't sell even at a discount. I don't care how bad it might get but I seriously doubt it will get worse than in China and even they are not destitute! They still have water treatment plants functioning and toilet paper is still being manufactured. Food is still available for the most part (even though they have freaked out and caused scarcity as well) and people are not dying and being carted off like in Monty Python movies. I am not saying buying for an extended period is wrong. I am saying causing scarcity for profit is. And you can't tell me that anyone of these fuckers on ebay has been selling TP there prior to this situation. Not one of them. And a few thousand cases is not going to bloom overnight to hundreds of thousands of cases with tens of thousands of deaths in the same period. Just because one person 10 miles from you gets sick doesn't mean the grim reaper is driving his mercedes down your road looking to bone you in the jiggly bits. Paranoia and fear is the absolute worst thing that you can work towards in this. Calm the hell down and get a grip. Wash your hands. Stop going out in public just to go. If you don't HAVE to go out, stay the hell home and stop intaking more fear from the internet.

On 3/9/2020 at 7:06 PM, TheBritishVillain said:

Does anyone know what the cause of Coronavirus was yet?

Is it bat soup?

I think its still up in the air. A cowoker of mine stated he heard it escaped from a Bio Lab in China. Considering that people over the age of 50 are more prone to die from this, I wouldnt put it past China for devolping it. They have an aging population. 

Id like to think this is mother natures revenge on humanity for being dick heads towards the earth. Scientiists have found microbes locked in the polar ice caps, well they were locked the polar ice caps which have now melted. My working theory is the microb was locked in the ice caps until it wasnt. Some ocean lifeform got infected and another animal or human ate that lifeform. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

There is not enough ventilators go around. They're asking anyone who would like to help make ventilators using 3D printed parts.

https://www.projectopenair.org/

edit:

Added Google Doc Image openair.thumb.PNG.26220028ee8ac7384d8ff6bfdd77d849.PNG

I'm glad I came back to this topic. I will gladly help with printing and manufacturing any parts for medical needs. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I think its still up in the air. A cowoker of mine stated he heard it escaped from a Bio Lab in China. Considering that people over the age of 50 are more prone to die from this, I wouldnt put it past China for devolping it. They have an aging population. 

For now it's only a rumor / conspiracy theory. It has a spark of truth (like all rumors / conspiracies) because a lab in Wuhan have studied what we suspect is the origin of the coronavirus ;

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3049397/bat-ladys-cave-exploits-offer-hope-beat-virus-sneakier-sars

But, the studies don't indicate this to be true (for now) ;

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/22221751.2020.1733440

Not saying it's not what happened, or that it's impossible, but that (for now), it looks like it didn't came from a lab (funny thing is, there are rumors in China that the Americans did it to destabilize China's growth! lol)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Finally got some confirmed cases in my state, New Mexico : (

4 so far.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

So am I the only person that like realizes how awful the Corona stuff honestly is, but at the same isn't like necessarily worried? Like I'm an asthmatic if I get the virus I'm gonna be hurting for quite a bit because my lungs are already bad and seeing as COVID is an upper respiratory infection, it wouldn't be good for me. Especially seeing as allergy season is rapidly approaching. 

I live in an area in TN that just recently got its first case, and a couple that was held up in Japan from a cruise was also from my neck of the woods, but I'm still not worried. Like I even work in a call center, which is typically a petridish  so I mean I'm in one of those situations where things could go south. I mean I'm not a medical professional, but I do trust modern medicine and science. I however don't 100% feel as though it is going to get as bad as it could be as long as everyone takes the proper precautions. I also feel like though the mass hysteria isn't helping, while it is perfectly valid for there to be precautions and things because it is a pretty awful virus, I feel like it's being handled worse than like Ebola which had a higher death rate or like the Flu kills tons of people every year, and we don't give it much mind. 

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

22 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

there are rumors in China that the Americans did it to destabilize China's growth! lol)

Wouldn’t put it past our government, sadly. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Occam's Razor.

Humanity sees viruses all the time, and zoonotic viruses are common as we interact with the environment.

We haven't faced a more serious natural colon cleanse in a while.

I don't believe any of these conspiracy theories tbh, and I'm usually a suspicious fellow.

It doesn't really matter where it came from, though. It's here and we all have to handle it.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

God damn the reaction from various government is insane the moment it was officially categorized as a Pandemic...

I really hope schools won't be cancelled... Imagine all the parents who still have to work regardless... Who will take care of the kids?

College and university students on a student loan... If the session is cancelled, they basically wasted 4 months of loans for nothing and will have to redo it... Even if they do it remotely, it's not the same and many will fail...

Quebec officially ask every traveler to isolate themselves(voluntary).

But government employees who traveled are forced for 14 to be in isolation. (private sector is voluntary too)

No assembly of 250 people or more... meaning hockey games are effectively cancelled. (as well as pretty much every other events, be they concerts or whatever)

...and it affect schools cafeteria... God damn...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Some people just want to see the world burn.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Some people just want to see the world burn.

From the article ;

The footage was posted online on March 9 and transport authorities confirmed that a man had been arrested.

Good, intoxicated or not, possibly spreading a pandemic illness like that should be punished. While I agree there's an over-reaction (toilet paper), this type of behaviour is straight up ... I don't know, I want to say insane? and just fuel the panic that's already there!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I'd wager that when this is all over, the overreaction of people and governments will have caused more harm than the Virus itself.

South Korea has managed to test the most people out of any country so far, by a wide margin and the mortality rate is below 1%.

As of 12th March.

Tested:   234,998

Cases: 7869

Deaths: 66

Thats a mortality rate of 0.84% and all have been people susceptible to illnesses, over 80% of the deaths are those over the age of 60. BUT even then those over the age of 80 only have a 8.2% chance of death, which considering the age is far from bad.

Source:

https://www.cdc.go.kr/board/board.es?mid=&bid=0030

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

This is going to have far reaching consequences once this is all over.

I think many many healthcare professionals will suffer from depression and PTSD from this.

Reading the reports from Wuhan and Italy, providers having to triage with limited resources, choosing who dies....feeling powerless.

This is going to be a wake up call for many societies, especially the USA, that healthcare and mental health care needs to stop being ignored

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

This is going to have far reaching consequences once this is all over.

I think many many healthcare professionals will suffer from depression and PTSD from this.

Reading the reports from Wuhan and Italy, providers having to triage with limited resources, choosing who dies....feeling powerless.

This is going to be a wake up call for many societies, especially the USA, that healthcare and mental health care needs to stop being ignored

Not so much in that sense. The medical affects are being blown way out of proportion.

Triage of the few people in a serious enough condition to die is minimal, its not like a battlefield situation where ur triaging countless numbers of which many people die.

66 deaths over the course of the pandemic so far in the entirety of S Korea is hardly a number high enough to cause physiological harm anymore than that of a normal Hospital day where people die from other causes.

The biggest effects will likely be on Economies where share prices,  currency worth ,and the like drop from unwarranted panic. And the resulting fallout from that economic damage, and damage to society from governments overzealous actions is likely to linger.

Curfews and country/state/city wide containment and lockdown is being experienced for the 1st time by the younger generations in some countries, and they are not likely to be taking the loss of their freedom very well, politically that is likely to affect future elections.

The only 'wake up' call will hopefully only be on how modern society is so ..'snowflake' ..in response to the situation and how 'News outlets' are so willing to sensationalize things causing panic just to make money. The actions of the traditional media so far has been appalling.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |