A few general tech questions for you!

1) Do you care about your laptop having a webcam, or would you prefer one that ditches the webcam altogether in favour of a greater screen-to-body ratio and minimal bezels?

2) If there were an appropriately priced device similar in concept to the BlackBerry Priv, with 2019 specs, software and features, would you be interested in it or do you prefer typing on glass?

3) What is an important feature for you that you believe tech companies don't focus enough on?

4) On the contrary, can you name a futile feature that tech companies focus too much on at the detriment of more important matters?

1) I like to think I'd ever use it, but honestly the last time I used a webcam was when Skype was the "go to" so I'm okay without one.

2) I prefer physical buttons. Then again, I don't like smart devices in general.

3) Either cooling, price to performance ratio, or longevity. It all depends on the device here.

4) Removing things like the headphone jack.

1) never used the webcam other than like 5 minutes messing around in Photo Booth with filters, so no

2) For smartphones? Glass for sure, physical keys are too small and hard to press. For desktops, I like my K70 Lux RGB with Browns and the one with Speeds, but I haven't delved much into desktop keyboards (I know there's a massive custom keyboard community). For laptops, specifically the Unibody MacBook Pro keyboards. The older Magic Keyboards for iMacs and the wired keyboard are solid as well, and the first gen Retina keyboards are solid. 

3) Like Tempest said, depends on the device. In laptops it's usually cooling. 

4) a very specific aesthetic, pushing devices too thin, sacrificing ports and thermals. I think most people would be fine with a thicker device with better cooling and ports, the community that hardcore needs thin and lights is small compared to everyone else, there's no need to push every new laptop and such to be as thin as possible. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, 7412 said:

Do you care about your laptop having a webcam, or would you prefer one that ditches the webcam altogether in favour of a greater screen-to-body ratio and minimal bezels?

If the webcam was actually of usable quality and one could adjust its angle, then it might be useful. However, as they are currently, they're entirely fucking useless. That said, a built-in microphone is useful and many laptops that I have seen that don't have a webcam also skip the microphone -- if skipping the webcam means also skipping the microphone, then I'd rather have a useless webcam than neither.

3 minutes ago, 7412 said:

2) If there were an appropriately priced device similar in concept to the BlackBerry Priv, with 2019 specs, software and features, would you be interested in it or do you prefer typing on glass?

I have never gotten to try a BlackBerry Priv, so I don't know. Looks uncomfortable, though, simply due to how top-heavy that thing would be. My Nokia N900 has a landscape-mode keyboard instead, not placing as much weight at the top, and the keyboard-experience was actually reasonably serviceable.

4 minutes ago, 7412 said:

3) What is an important feature for you that you believe tech companies don't focus enough on?

Linux-/FOSS-support, I suppose. Can't really think of anything I'd feel particularly strongly about.

6 minutes ago, 7412 said:

4) On the contrary, can you name a futile feature that tech companies focus too much on at the detriment of more important matters?

"Gamer-looks." I mean, stuff like e.g. trying to make VRM-heatsinks look fancy and cool and shit by...limiting airflow and surface-area for the sakes of looks and then slapping an additional plastic cover on it which only serves to make it perform even worse *gives MSI the shifty eyes*

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1) Have not used a webcam on laptops/ultrabooks whatever in years and I very much would rather ditch it even if just to make the device a few bucks cheaper.

2) At this point I'm fine with touchscreen, I still like having the function keys physically like I have on my Nokia 8 but could live with a full glass front.

3) I dislike the "necessity" the major Desktop players have on always make everything the most power efficient ever, Intel, AMD, nVidia all three should offer their top tier, flagship product be like the old power houses, just stack as much as possible of power in there and leave cooling and PSU requirements for me to figure out, I want performance not save few bucks per year in electricity bills.

4) I don't really have an issue here, anything I don't like or need like RGB or VR does serve purpose to someone, I have felt HDR is pointless and it's implementations leave so much to be desired it's basically a toggle between max brightness and normal brightness on the majority of time.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 10/17/2019 at 1:08 PM, Princess Luna said:

3) I dislike the "necessity" the major Desktop players have on always make everything the most power efficient ever, Intel, AMD, nVidia all three should offer their top tier, flagship product be like the old power houses, just stack as much as possible of power in there and leave cooling and PSU requirements for me to figure out, I want performance not save few bucks per year in electricity bills.

i don't think i get your point in this statement, given components are not only getting more power efficient, but also more powerful with each generation.

13 minutes ago, SocksAndSandals-Kirst said:

i don't think i get your point in this statement, given components are not only getting more power efficient, but also more powerful with each generation.

She might mean things like "power saving mode" and the like. I hate them too, just want my stuff to run at max performance out of the box. I don't want to have to tinker with it. (note, im not talking overclocking)

4 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

She might mean things like "power saving mode" and the like. I hate them too, just want my stuff to run at max performance out of the box. I don't want to have to tinker with it. (note, im not talking overclocking)

all right, I see, thanks for clearing that up :)

1. Don't care for a webcam, but if thin bezels means lower durability, then I'd rather have thicc bezels and no webcam.

2. If I got it for free, sure. Otherwise, no. Small keyboard with probably an ortholinear layout is a big no-no for me.

3. Battery life.

4. Thin bezels/small notches. I fucking hate this modern trend. Good on Google for shoving a bunch of cool and useful hardware into the forehead of the Pixel 4. I really fucking respect them for that. If I could get a flagship for free right now, I would pick it in a heartbeat.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 10/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, 7412 said:

1) Do you care about your laptop having a webcam, or would you prefer one that ditches the webcam altogether in favour of a greater screen-to-body ratio and minimal bezels?

1) I have needed it from time to time, but I don't see it as a need of mine in the future. Honestly, anything I used a webcam for I could use my phone, I just found the webcam a little easier.

2) I actually had to google the priv to remind myself what it was, but I honestly don't think i'd ever use it. Anything smaller than a 10" netbook has keys far too small to make worth while.

3) Biggest one for me is the left handed market for mice, which is basically non existent. The only true left handed mouse I am aware of is the Deathadder 2013 lefty, which now goes for $150. $100 above retail.

4) I think the issue with tech companies is they all focus on besting the guy on top in their own game, innovation and marketing risks are basically dead in favor of glass slab phones and TG and RGB cases. Only recently are companies breaking these trends again.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

On 10/17/2019 at 9:47 AM, 7412 said:

1. I'd prefer it didn't have a webcam.
  2. No. The Priv was a horrible typing experience, the keyboard was too shallow. I'd consider an updated Key device.
  3. See below, it's the inverse.
  4. Lightness over better materials and battery capacity.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1) I'd prefer laptops with larger displays without the webcam that's typically of mediocre quality at best due to size constraints.  

2) I'm happy to type on glass in favor of those cheaply made, undersized keyboards.

3) I'd rather mention what tech companies are overly focused on, marketing. Some companies allocate more resources to their marketing department rather than their R&D. You can have the best marketing in the world but if your product falls short your gonna have a bad time. 

4) Rear glass, it's unnecessary and leaves the phone more delicate than it needs to be. To many companies are focusing more on form over function to the detriment of performance. 

1. if the webcam is shit, i don't want it. if it's good, i'd take that over more screen

2. yes. there's nothing like the physical click of a button.

3. cooling. for fucks sake, i'd rather not get literal burns on my legs when i use a hot laptop

4. thin and light, higher screen to body ratio

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

On 10/17/2019 at 12:47 PM, 7412 said:

No webcam, no buy. It's a must. If I can't video-call from anywhere in the house, then I might as well just not have a laptop to begin with. It's like a smartphone ditching the ability to make phone calls because weight / waterproofing / thinness / whatever.

I'd hate typing in a mobile device either way.

User experience, user control, freedom, robustness & durability.

Screen to body ratios, thinness, looks.

Also, "coolness marketing" (i.e., ads and general marketing along the lines "look at these people, aren't they cool, aren't they doing cool stuff? Buy my product." I think it's technically called aspirational marketing - buy stuff because you'd like to identify with the people in the ads, and you currently don't.)

1. I'd honestly ditch the webcam, I've used it literally once in my entire professional life.  If it became apparent that I needed it more often, I could buy an external one, or perhaps change my mind if it was good, but they never are so that's just another knock against it.  Just give me a nicer bezel.
  2. That's a hard choice actually.  Typing on glass is ok but it would actually be nice to have a more "solid" screen that isn't constantly being interrupted by a popup keyboard. Getting it to come up, dismissing it, and dealing with content while this is happening can be a pain and alleviating that would be really nice.  However, I'm not sure I want to give up that much screen permanently.  In the end I think I'd have to say no, just give me a normal phone screen.  But, truly a hard choice as I said...
  3. Oh, there are many things they miss that they need to focus more on:
    • "Taste", as Louis Rossman described it.  Maximizing certain specs at the complete cost of others isn't doing anyone any good.  Having an amazing performance to cost ratio is of absolutely no value to me if it means dealing with a terrible display or trackpad or keyboard.  Ensure there is balance.  Anything under 1080p is a complete joke and should be banned.  TN panels should also be banned unless there is actually a valid reason like it's high refresh rate (120+ Hz).
    • Value.  Far too many products these days are massively overpriced and it's just ruining the market.  Just stop
    • Headphone jacks in phones
    • Repairability and upgradability.  A battery should not be glued in.  Memory and SSDs should not be soldered to the motherboard.  This is not a disposable toy, it is a $1000+ device that I expect to use for several years.  This has never been acceptable and it never will be.
    • Don't artificially limit things.  Read my bio for more on how I feel about this.  Huge waste of potential.
    • Security and sensibility.  I don't want an easily hackable wiretap/spy bot in my house that I have to pay for.  It shouldn't even exist.  Focus on useful technology, not stupid gimmicks.  I guess this is starting to lead into the next point...
  4. Anything they are doing that they shouldn't waste their time on?  Yes:
    • Like I said, stupid products.  "Smart" juicers and shoes and wallets and water bottles... please just stop.
    • Obsession with screen to body ratio to the point where they will cut a huge chonking bite out of the display just to get those extra few percent.  This is not acceptable.  No one wants this.  Just stop.  Do it right or don't do it at all.
    • Thinness.  It increases cost, reduces thermal (and thus absolute) performance, and for what?  Even normal laptops are pretty thin these days, it's not the issue it used to be.  Same goes for phones.
    • Useless bloat software that I just have to format off anyway because it provides no value and probably opens security holes while reducing performance.
    • Support for vertical video.  Again, this is not ok, no one wants this.  It's a mistake caused by stupid people.  They should be trying to solve it not encourage it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:57 AM, WereCatf said:

they're entirely fucking useless

the only reason i dont use one, however windows hello is pretty nice 

but thin bezels do look very nice i must admit 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

1. Didn’t ever use it, in fact I cover it with tape.
  2. I’m fine with typing on glass.
  3. Thinner bezels, but with a nice design.  So, phones eliminate bezels all together nowadays.  But, do they maintain a nice design?  Not really. Tiny round notches kind of suck.  Pop-up selfies are time consuming, especially if you want to catch the perfect moment.  And Apple still has a notch.  Overall, the best design was Samsung, despite how it still does distract the user.  So, nothing’s perfect yet.
  4. Voice assistants.  I know they’re very helpful, but they encourage laziness somewhat.  Instead of looking for himself, a student can just ask Google or Siri, or Alexa whatever question he needs to know.  Also, voice assistants can get annoying.  Sometimes, you just don’t need them but they’ll still be there.  They limit human beings.

Won’t visit often..

On 10/17/2019 at 8:47 AM, 7412 said:

1) I don't work from home or have a long distance relationship. My webcam is pretty useless to me lol

2) Priv did it wrong. If a modern phone had the keyboard slide from the side like the old Cosmos 3, then it'd be ok.

3) Airflow. Glass front panels are the dumbest things.

4) Removing features to push wireless.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:47 PM, 7412 said:

1) Dont care, I just cover it with tape.

2) Apple Typing works perfectly for me so no.

3) The customer of course. We need the walls between tech companies to come down even further, consumer accessible proprietary stuff should be consigned to the past.

4) Cameras and photo taking, thankfully Apple are at least giving us a good choice to go pro or not.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1) not really, you can tape over it, I would be more concerned about the mic which is harder to disable.  As far as bezels go, I would rather they had bigger stronger bezels and hinges.  These new laptops all twist like chubby checker when they are opened or closed.

2) not really, I would prefer a fold up phone with more screen space and less pocket size.

3) Longevity,  sturdy well designed and simple.  Not everyone wants flashy light weight crap that breaks when you pull it out of your pocket.

4) Their profit margins. but seriously,  integration of everything,  I don't want everything automatically integrating, I don't want my emails and calendar to talk to each other, I don't want everything to be GPS enabled, I know where I am and most of the time I don't want anyone else to know where I am. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 10/18/2019 at 4:47 AM, 7412 said:

I prefer a webcam. It’s a pretty normal function these days that I would expect.

slide out landscape keyboards are much better. I’d prefer that yeah.

FaceID. It’s superior in every way than TouchID. 

Newer technology, like 5G, rather than allowing better coverage of 4G, existing technologies etc. speed just isn’t an issue anymore.

1) Webcams are nice and tbh they could be a lot better. I mean, surely putting a selfie camera from a phone into a laptop as the webcam can't be hard, right?

2) I prefer typing on glass because I can just imagine myself fat-fingering on every single keypress from how hard I'd press down.

3) Bigger battery please.

4) Why is 4G coverage still an issue in certain areas?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1- No, I don't. I don't even want a camera at all on my laptop. I'd take greater screen to body ratio any day.

2- Eeeeeh, I wouldn't know before using it, but honestly, it's just added bulk. I'd rather that other tech where the buttons seemingly come out of the screen.

3- Battery tech. They keep showing up these new battery tech every once in a while, promising hours and hours over current tech.... And yet they are no where to be seen. I would love for manufacturers to get down to start putting resources into increasing battery life in the same bulk.

4- I wish they'd stop developing their own God awful apps that are filled with spying shit and that they'd let us remove them ffs. There's always something suspicious when a simple apps needs every God damn permissions out there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1. Built-in webcams are too crappy to be useful, but bezels dont bother me anyway...

2. I dont have any problem typing on glass and you dont need the keyboard all the time so having it pop up on the glass is fine.

3. Compatibility. Theres (still) too much proprietary stuff around. (the transition to micro usb / usb c for phones was nice)

4. Rushing new tech to the market to be the first. Please put more thought in your prototypes...

I already have a separate webcam + I can always use my phone for video calls. So yeah, an integrated webcam in a laptop is a waste.

As for futile features, I hate how everything seems to come with bloatware. I can remove the bloatware, sure, but I really wish I didn't have to. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.