Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

Folding @ Home + BOINC

• 3 weeks later...

can you do one on how to set up a NAS and what it consists of

• 2 weeks later...

What is Chrome OS?

Ports, plugs, jacks, and connectors as FAST AS POSSIBLE. 

I can see many of the world-famous Linus sexual inuendos fitting in here. 

Also a genuine request. I'm sure whoever does the thumbnails will have fun with a joke too. 

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.6GHz • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 FE @ 1683MHz •  16GB DDR4 @3200MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/QuintonAjStevens/

Ports, plugs, jacks, and connectors as FAST AS POSSIBLE. 

I can see many of the world-famous Linus sexual inuendos fitting in here. 

Also a genuine request. I'm sure whoever does the thumbnails will have fun with a joke too. 

"Plug your stick in my USB port...." "Let me work on screwing that hard drive" "Your big black power cable turns me on"  Did I do it right? May I have a cookie?

I don't do signatures.

- IEEE in general

- IEEE 802.11 n/ac/ad

- PPPoE vs PPPoA

Given how Intel are a few months away from Skylake becoming a thing, how about an explanation of Intel's Tick-Tock model and perhaps a basic overview of the process?

Admittedly, it's not the hardest thing to understand, but I can imagine it being a little odd to some.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

L1 vs L2 vs L3 cache. You know, the differences and what they actually are.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

All types of post processing.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

How do graphics become well graphics ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Dash Cams. Besides being just cameras, there's quite a few types and features (Single & Multi-Cam, Motion Sensing, Shock Sensing, etc), and it might make for a good episode.

bump

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

@LinusTech @nicklmg @Slick

Can you guys do another video on DX12?  The last one left me with more questions than answers.  I was wondering if DX12 is going to improve performance more on computer's that are CPU bottlenecked, or more on GPU bottlenecked systems (ie. Not CPU bottlenecked)?  I know DX12 is going to better distribute load across more threads, but what about if your cpu is already near 100% on all of its threads already?  Is it still going to see an improvement, and is that going to be larger or smaller of an improvement versus a cpu that is only stressed on a couple threads?

This video is the reason that I am asking.  There is a lot of info in the description, but basically the i7-4790k saw higher fps, lower frame-times, and less frame-time variance (less stuttering) than the i5-4690k.  But I was wondering how this is all going to change once DX12 starts becoming standard?  Will the gap between the i5 and i7 further increase or reduce with DX12?

TLDR;  Will DX12 increase or reduce the preformance gap between the i5's and i7's?  Are the cheaper i5's going to perform just as good as the 8/12/16 thread i7's?

Can you guys do another video on DX12?  The last one left me with more questions than answers.  I was wondering if DX12 is going to improve performance more on computer's that are CPU bottlenecked, or more on GPU bottlenecked systems (ie. Not CPU bottlenecked)?  I know DX12 is going to better distribute load across more threads, but what about if your cpu is already near 100% on all of its threads already?  Is it still going to see an improvement, and is that going to be larger or smaller of an improvement versus a cpu that is only stressed on a couple threads?

This video is the reason that I am asking.  There is a lot of info in the description, but basically the i7-4790k saw higher fps, lower frame-times, and less frame-time variance (less stuttering) than the i5-4690k.  But I was wondering how this is all going to change once DX12 starts becoming standard?  Will the gap between the i5 and i7 further increase or reduce with DX12?

TLDR;  Will DX12 increase or reduce the preformance gap between the i5's and i7's?  Are the cheaper i5's going to perform just as good as the 8/12/16 thread i7's?

@Speaker1264

I'm not sure about this but, doesn't DX12 help to use the integrated graphics of the CPU along with the GPU to give you a bump in the frame rates?

Currently the DX11 only uses the GPU (Nvidia or AMD) while the graphics on the CPU (Intel HD 6000 or AMD APU) remains idle.

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Could you do a check quickie on the different audio formats and connectors analog HDMI optical I'm connecting my xbox through my TV with HDMI and connecting to an old receiver with optical and I'm want to know if I can get 5.1 out of that. yeah

Netmask I dare you net mask.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

ASIC Scores

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Turnips As Fast As Possible

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Turnips As Fast As Possible

You should recommend it for the slogan here

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

CPU Sockets and why there are soo many and what one you need for a certain cpu

- Network topologies

- Mesh networks in general (olsr, batman etc.)

- Server stuff- GNU/Linux

- Software paradigms, Free Software (GNU.org), open-source, (all the licenses), public domain and propreiatry software

My swag in GNU Fortran.

integer :: swag_level = 9999

I am a Free Software Developer. I run Trisquel GNU/Linux and I love Python, Fortran, GNU Modula, C and Lisp.

DLL files! So many people get missing dll errors when installing programs yet hardly anyone knows what they are

WTF IS MIMO? FAP pls. :)