Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

do a video on how ad's works and how youtuber make their money

People watch videos. Ads get placed on videos. Owners of those video get ad money when the video is watched. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

A video on "Why getting genuine software is better" / "Genuine VS Cracked"

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

- Overclocking GPUs

vs overclocking CPUs & how the 2 interconnect

idk if its been mentioned. but a lot of people ask about memory CAS and the difference between for example, 9 and 10

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

VPN (virtual private network) vs VPS (virtual private server)

idk if its been mentioned. but a lot of people ask about memory CAS and the difference between for example, 9 and 10

I completely agree.

- UPS battery backups, the proper amount for your PC

- Mice: polling rate, types of grips (palm, claw, fingertip) and differences

- RAM Disk, brief explanation

- Less storage than it appears explained (1TB HDD but Windows shows 931GB, why manufacturers measure e.g 1MB = 1000KB instead of 1024KB)

- Powerline networking explained

- LCD, LED, OLED, Plasma revision featuring AMOLED and E-ink

- TV and monitor technology differences (Panels type, response times, imput lag, etc.)

- Power measurements, Watts, amps, mAh and Voltages explained

Inventing new hardware? Like what engineers do before they manufacture that thing in China. Maybe?

Main rig: Q6600 OCd, GTX660Ti, 4GB DDR2 Corsair Dominator RAM, 1TB WD BLUE, CX500, Bitfenix Prodigy M

Laptop: Lenovo Z50-75, AMD APU :(

Accelerator Gpu's like tesla. How they effect on performance in games or video rendering?

What controls the speed of which pixels react and what's the difference between them? and what manufacturers use the faster/better ones on their products?

Display connectors (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.) is something that I'd expect to find on techquickie... Again I know there's an old NCIX video on it but I think a newer one in a clearer and more techquickie style might not be a bad thing.

Different graphics card cooler designs (blower vs dual-fan/open) would be interesting.

Networking; a clear explanation/comparison of straight ethernet, wireless g/n/ac (the ones still in use I think?), and powerline is something I don't think we've seen yet.

Lastly just a comment, I've noticed a trend in all these suggestions with people suggesting server-related things such as ECC RAM, multi-CPUs, or just plain "do servers" likely because that's the only thing the members of this forum don't already know about :P  But remember even if it's something you already know it's still something that might be valuable to add to the techquickie channel.  It's purpose isn't necessarily to explain stuff to us that we don't already know, but as a channel with a bank of information on topics that might confuse more average people who are just getting in to technology, something we can show to them to help explain things even if we ourselves might already know.  That being said more complex topics probably aren't out of the question.  Anyway I'm not Linus so... I'll just shut up now :)

There is already a Techquickie video - http://bit.ly/1vYJk98

OpenCL vs CUDA

Different cell phone network bands

ARM vs x86 CPUs

Open vs closed headphones you already have a video on that

SD card speeds (Class 10, UHS-1 etc...)

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

explain .mp3 .mp4 .mkv .avi and diff types of files

I think tips or possibly a guide to recycling your pc such as to a public library or school would be a fantastic idea. Tips like how to clear your data or possible security threats of which to be aware would be awesome as well.

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

I've used Tech Quickie a lot to revise for my ICT exams, some things I would like to know is E-mail jargon (it sounds stupid but it's quite important). Stuff like what CC and BCC mean.