Do you find it courteous to tell someone their flashlight is on.

DeScruff

Phone flashlight courtesy.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. A lot of people don't realize that the flashlight on their phone is on when they put it in their pockets. Do you find it courteous to tell/be told your phone's flashlight is on?

• Yes - I hope somebody would do the same for me.
    • Yes - But it's annoying.
    • No - It's annoying and unwanted.
    • No - Why should I care?

Dozens of times I've seen people put their phones in their pockets with their flashlight turned on.

I usually tell them it's on cause I don't want their battery to drain. I'm curious what you guys think.

Happens too often

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Depends... if I like the person or not 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Like, who puts their phone with flashlight on in their pocket on purpose?

I guess they will eventually notice it because their pants is getting hot AF but that detail aside. I really can't think of a reason why you would need a light in your pocket.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Ya know, I've never noticed if someone has their phone's flashlight on. Couldn't really say if I'd tell someone if their phone's flashlight is on if I never see it or care to notice it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

More info is needed.

It has never happened to me, and i haven't seen a single person with flashlight activated in their pocket, so where do you live that you have to ask this kind of a question?

Is it a common problem there, and how?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, samcool55 said:

I guess they will eventually notice it because their pants is getting hot AF but that detail aside. I really can't think of a reason why you would need a light in your pocket.

but my pants are always hot if you know what i mean hehe.(i dont know what i mean)

i wonder what kind of people that find this annoying. there's nothing more irritating than to go out of battery because you forgot something so trivial as to forget the flashlight. in all honesty id be pissed if i knew someone saw it and didn't nudge me, that would set me off more than rando tellin me to check myself lol 

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

True, though the same thing could be said with a lot of things. Not sure if I would feel comfortable telling /being told "XYZ" by a random stranger.

And I always found people telling me my shoes are untied quite annoying.

13 minutes ago, Sypran said:

Dozens of times I've seen people put their phones in their pockets with their flashlight turned on.

I usually tell them it's on cause I don't want their battery to drain. I'm curious what you guys think.

I've done this myself a time or two, but only at home. And I've never seen this happen out in public.

But I do think the polite thing to do is let them know it's still on (Something like "Hey man, it looks like your flash is on on your phone").

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

"Are you propositioning me?"

I would rather tell and be told if my phone's light is on.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I carry around an actual flashlight and thought that's what this was gonna be about, as I forget most smartphones have a "flashlight" function. lol

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

"Are you propositioning me?"

Yes. Yes I am.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I see it more as a good gesture of sorts, sometimes you accidentally open the flashlight and when I tell them about it, they usually just thank me or something, no one ever seemed annoyed by it.

I think it would be polite yes!

to the people who said they shouldn't care Do not close your eyes when you sleep tonight.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

4 hours ago, samcool55 said:

I leave the flashlight on in my work shirt pocket sometimes.  I work nights and my phone is tall enough to reach over the top of the pocket (Note 9).  This is useful when walking or working, because it leave both my hands free.

Dozens? 

How old are you?!

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

32 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

Dozens

How old are you?!

... Old enough to have a job, and interact with people all day.
Honestly I started this thread, cause it just happened to someone at my job this morning, started wondering, and then I posted this during my lunch break.

No. Because I'm British and therefore I don't talk to people I don't know, unless it is to apologize or I'm drunk.