Facebook going after before/after fitness and bodybuilding pictures in ads

Andreas Lilja
36 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

"curvy, velestrupoulous, Carefree"

Im sure curvy is inwards, not outwards

velestrupoulous (or however you spell it), what the hell is that word

Carefree, Well... youll be carefree once you die of stuff like heart disease and diabetes I guess

voluptuous:

1. Curvaceous and sexually attractive.

2. Relating to or characterized by luxury or sensual pleasure.

The simple fact is those women are so overweight that it's detrimental to their health, and they need to be told as such. Society owes them nothing. Nor should it owe them anything.

As a species, we now are aware that extreme over-eating is unhealthy. Society naturally places a certain amount of sexual attractiveness on what we identify as being the healthiest individuals. They have likely experienced negative interactions as a result of this, and are bitter about it.

Sooner or later that cognitive dissonance will either be overcome and they will find a way to become more healthy; or they will die as a result of their gluttony; or, and this is the more likely outcome, they will find an equally unhealthy individual to mate with and the cycle will continue.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

voluptuous:

The simple fact is those women are so overweight that it's detrimental to their health, and they need to be told as such. Society owes them nothing. Nor should it owe them anything.

As a species, we now are aware that extreme over-eating is unhealthy. Society naturally places a certain amount of sexual attractiveness on what we identify as being the healthiest individuals. They have likely experienced negative interactions as a result of this, and are bitter about it.

Sooner or later that cognitive dissonance will either be overcome and they will find a way to become more healthy; or they will die as a result of their gluttony; or, and this is the more likely outcome, they will find an equally unhealthy individual to mate with and the cycle will continue.

Live and let live man, sounds like you're the one who's bitter

Maybe they should fix their security first before going ater anything or anyone else. I mean, they are still storing passwords in bloody plain text...

3 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

"curvy, velestrupoulous, Carefree"

Im sure curvy is inwards, not outwards

velestrupoulous (or however you spell it), what the hell is that word

Carefree, Well... youll be carefree once you die of stuff like heart disease and diabetes I guess

voluptuous is commonly used to refer to having big boobs, but as for a definition it's just another word for curvy and attractive

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

17 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

voluptuous is commonly used to refer to having big boobs, but as for a definition it's just another word for curvy and attractive

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

voluptuous:

thank you both

i guess then... for voluptuouououous ... yeah... that with your floppy fuel tank (the belly DON'T YOU DARE THINK ABOUT IT) It kinda proves your a exercise ball more than anything else

Also, the womans face at around 0:34 is the face of everyone that has a iq that is average or higher

✨FNIGE✨

To some extent I do think some people go a bit too far with the whole it's ok to be unhealthy fat thing. That being said I honestly dont think this is just about fat people tbh. I know plenty of people who were not fat in the slightest but ended up with eating disorders because of body image issues. The sad reality is that with the invention of social media the rates at which women have eating disorders and attempted suicides has gone up significantly. Honestly I dont think this will help that much because I really believe that people should get rid of social media all together if they want to get away from the psychological damage that comes from constantly comparing ones body and image of themselves with others. 

Nobody:

Facebook: WE NEED MORE NAILS IN THE COFFIN!!1

If this is how it's going to be then bring back cigarette commercials, stop blatantly hating on smokers and remove those ugly pics from cigarette packs they are disturbing, triggering and don't let people enjoy they're smoke break. Also they should be allowed to smoke in closed spaces, it's discriminating to force to go outside on the cold just to get their dose of nicotine. Even if doctor say it's bad for your health, they should keep it for themselves and let them live how they see fit.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Nobody:

Facebook: Adding 50% more "Found barely legal +18 near from your home" Ads. 

*shuddering* 

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

This is not a disaster for Facebook, folks.  I know the company has done some horrible things in its day, but it's not ruin if it decides certain kinds of fitness ads are inappropriate, no matter how silly the policy is.

And I agree with Brooksie on concerns about body image, at least to a degree.  It'd be hard for Facebook to completely avoid contributing to body image problems, but it clearly thinks that limiting ads like this might help.  Whether or not it does, I'd rather have the company aware of its effect than be completely oblivious to the potential harm.

7 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

If this is how it's going to be then bring back cigarette commercials, stop blatantly hating on smokers and remove those ugly pics from cigarette packs they are disturbing, triggering and don't let people enjoy they're smoke break. Also they should be allowed to smoke in closed spaces, it's discriminating to force to go outside on the cold just to get their dose of nicotine. Even if doctor say it's bad for your health, they should keep it for themselves and let them live how they see fit.

I always said this was discriminating based on someones life choice.

I'd like to be able to vape indoors at work and in shops. We developed a safer alternative (safer, not safe) and I bothered to switch to it, then people whine and bitch and cause me the same issue I had with cigarettes.

Damnit people. We can't have a cyberpunk dystopian future without fog and smoke everywhere. Fuck's wrong wit y'all?

10 hours ago, Deus Voltage said:

Live and let live man, sounds like you're the one who's bitter

A bit to be sure, but I take the proper step of blaming myself before blaming others for something that is demonstrably my own fault.

People like the ones in the video I posted, skip that step and go straight to blaming all of society for their own actions, and the negative consequences of those actions, and they will argue in circles and eventually just argue that they're offended in an effort to stop people from arguing with them, which is what the "hey that offends me" statement is almost entirely for.

I have actually lost a little weight lately. Cut out soda's almost entirely. I have maybe 2 a week at most, preferably none. Used to be 3-4 a day.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

10 hours ago, Deus Voltage said:

Live and let live man

Except they won't be in 10 years. That's the point. Fat is literally killing you.

But worse yet, science has shown this and people are denying it. That's the real problem. Not that people feel OK about being fat but that they deny the actual science that shows how it is bad for you. This is on the same scale as those that deny climate change and vaccines. It doesn't fit the thing they believe so they just ban it. So stupid. 

17 hours ago, Deus Voltage said:

Well they did just partner with the Daily Caller (Co-founded by Tucker Carlson)

And how is that connected to this story?  I could just as easily bring up their connections to the SPLC, but that has no bearing on the subject at hand.

wow. i mean just how stupid are most of the members here. so blinded by the rhetoric and bullshit that they just jump to the conclusion that this has to be "SJW" not one seams to realise that most people with eating disorders are not fat, i mean its hard to pile the pounds when your not eating or shoving your fingers down your throat. this is aimed at helping people who become obsessed with there body to the point it kills them, i mean actually die, and guess what, they aint obese. 

facebook and others need to be regulated......get over it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

wow. i mean just how stupid are most of the members here. so blinded by the rhetoric and bullshit that they just jump to the conclusion that this has to be "SJW" not one seams to realise that most people with eating disorders are not fat, i mean its hard to pile the pounds when your not eating or shoving your fingers down your throat. this is aimed at helping people who become obsessed with there body to the point it kills them, i mean actually die, and guess what, they aint obese. 

facebook and others need to be regulated......get over it

Aight, shut everything down since it can trigger someone. Put binds on gyms' windows in case someone with a disorder passes by.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 minute ago, Mr. horse said:

I wouldn't say vacations are all good and buttercups. I had a rather nasty reaction to vacations in the past and im not the only one. There not an option for everyone. 

Which is why those who can't be vaccinated are at risk when morons spread bullshit and cause a measels outbreak.

23 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

https://fitnessvolt.com/lee-priest-facebook-ad/

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, and I'm no bodybuilder. Luckily Instagram won't jump on the bandwagon or it will mean the death of 3/4ths of their platform. 

Actually pretty sure you can't do ads on Insta with before and after photos. Or tape measures associated with waist lines. 

Also this has been a thing for at least a couple months too! 

I only know because the company I work for has been using Facebook and Instagram ads for a weight loss related product. 

1 hour ago, Mr. horse said:

Not entirely. We don't really need vaccines to stop the spread illnesses. Most people are uneducated fools when dealing with illnesses and speard them and make the problem far worse then it needs to be.

Or maybe it's the ever faceless "they" releasing deadly viruses to infect the un-vaccinated to push for more vaccines? ;)

17 minutes ago, Bearded_Ed said:

Actually pretty sure you can't do ads on Insta with before and after photos. Or tape measures associated with waist lines. 

Also this has been a thing for at least a couple months too! 

I only know because the company I work for has been using Facebook and Instagram ads for a weight loss related product. 

Interesting.

Can 99 % of IG bodybuilders still claim natty in ads? ?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

They are just benchmarking how tolerant people are of their privacy vs needing the feeling of belonging fulfilled albeit on a virtual network.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

8 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Aight, shut everything down since it can trigger someone. Put binds on gyms' windows in case someone with a disorder passes by.

It's not healthy to give out ads the are supposed to show images of what they believe the ideal body looks like because often times it makes people chase after something to the point where they starve themselves and die. 

10 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

giphy.gif

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017