Facebook going after before/after fitness and bodybuilding pictures in ads

Andreas Lilja

https://fitnessvolt.com/lee-priest-facebook-ad/

“Image issue This ad isn’t running because it uses images that excessively focus on a person’s body or any given body part. (ex: focusing on abs or belly fat). This can make users feel bad about themselves, and goes against our core value of fostering a positive global community.”

“What to do next: Avoid images with close-ups of specific body parts or before-and-after photos.”

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, and I'm no bodybuilder. Luckily Instagram won't jump on the bandwagon or it will mean the death of 3/4ths of their platform. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Whey won't get as much money out of people who feel good about themselves and don't post on Facebook every day about it ;)

giphy.gif.c6d96d78c6c3eb3e3a4acbd15072e8cd.gif

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, SlimyPython said:

...Mark doesnt seem to make the right choices... or... he wants everyone to stop using facebook...

HIs robotic front must be a cry for help. Or he's under control of Brianac. 

I am a fat person.

I feel bad about being fat.

I SHOULD feel bad about being fat because it's unhealthy and entirely within my control. I do nothing about it and will probably continue to do nothing about it.

People need to fucking grow up. If you feel that damned bad about it, start eating salad and swimming laps.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This ad isn’t running because it uses images that excessively focus on a person’s body or any given body part. (ex: focusing on abs or belly fat). This can make users feel bad about themselves, and goes against our core value of fostering a positive global community.”

“What to do next: Avoid images with close-ups of specific body parts or before-and-after photos.”

forget body image in this issue, focus on the core *badum tiss*  idea of this issue, the pure ideology. this idea of  "to make users feel bad about themselves, and goes against our core value of fostering a positive global community ". Do you know how many ads should be banned based on that kind of logic?

For example :

Makeup/Beauty Products for a reason to not to make users who are naturally beautiful feel ugly based of need to use the product to make themselves look good.

Education institution  : For reason not to make users who're unable to afford to a college fees or poorly educated feel worthless

Well dressed Stock image actress/actor : For reason to not harm feelings of people who cannot afford new clothes or are in poor areas or house.

Computer hardware : For reason not to make users feel guilty who're unable to afford high end hardware  (ME_IRL) ?

Premium contents on Stream : to not offend people those who cannot stream at high speed or afford monthly subscription to high speed internet.

Chocolate Ads : to not offend the millions of diabetic persons around the world.

See, i too can make up bloody idiotic reasons to justify an idea of offending someone from pointless things i deem as serious.

Details separate people.

Well they did just partner with the Daily Caller (Co-founded by Tucker Carlson) according to the Guardian, so there's that...

41 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

I imagine all those "obesity is safe" people were the ones complaining

First anti-vaxxers, and second "obesity is safe"??!!

It amazes me how much some people don't give a FUCK about science.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

2 hours ago, seoz said:

Literally nobody:
Facebook: So how can we screw with our userbase even more?

Reported for beautifying filter.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Techstorm970 said:

Obesity is safe if you want to die at 60.

25 minutes ago, floofer said:

Obesity is safe if you want to die at 60.

I know people who nearly died of MI below 40s because of obesity. 

2 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

It’s those whiny, body positivity activists who lampoons on anyone who want to be fit and healthy. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, Techstorm970 said:

hehe, you forgot about the ones that think cancer is good...

✨FNIGE✨

It's to be expected, after all this is Facebook in 2019. Facebook is full of SJWs and anti-vaxxers, it's a total shithole at this point.

Those "BiG iS bEaUtIfUl"/"ItS oKaY tO bE fAt" pro-obesity SJWs have probably whined and moaned to Facebook about "BoDy PoSiTiViTy" and how they feel discriminated against, that's the only way this would have happened.. 

2 minutes ago, hayden1881 said:

Or the people that think having their kid get shots from old vaccines they find in the trash can, getting really sick, then getting other people sick helps kids immune systems.

theres "vaccine juice" (whatever its called) left in them, i thought they used all of it

though... who the hell does this?

✨FNIGE✨

20 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

I know people who nearly died of MI below 40s because of obesity. 

It’s such a huge issue here in NZ. More should be done, I think it’s one in three people are now obese. (Including me a little, bit trying to lose weight). 

2 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

Basically the same sort of SJW's who put little to no effort into life, and to validate their choices have to find someone else to blame for their problems.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

15 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Basically the same sort of SJW's who put little to no effort into life, and to validate their choices have to find someone else to blame for their problems.

"curvy, velestrupoulous, Carefree"

Im sure curvy is inwards, not outwards

velestrupoulous (or however you spell it), what the hell is that word

Carefree, Well... youll be carefree once you die of stuff like heart disease and diabetes I guess

✨FNIGE✨