Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bearded_Ed

Member
  • Content Count

    114
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Awards

This user doesn't have any awards

About Bearded_Ed

  • Title
    Member
  • Birthday Apr 11, 1992

System

  • CPU
    Ryzen 1600
  • Motherboard
    Asus B350 TUF Gaiming
  • RAM
    LPX 2400Mhz 2x8GB
  • GPU
    GTX 970
  • Case
    Meshify C TG White
  • Storage
    7TB combo of SSD and HDD
  • PSU
    CX450M

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. So, I just thought I'd update on what actually ended up happening. When the RTX 3060 Ti was announced, I decided that I would try and get one of the "low end" models if I could. If I couldn't I'd just wait until spring next year when things may or may not calm down and get a 3080. To my surprise I was able to get an RTX 3060 Ti FE on launch day from SCAN at actual retail pricing! Sadly I don't yet have a PSU that is substantial enough to use it! Nor anything more than a 1080p 60Hz screen! Hoping to be able to get a RM750w soon ish. But for now I have a a
  2. Thank you everyone for the discussion so far! I think in an ideal world, if the RTX 3080 FE actually existed in the UK, I would be buying that because the price makes sense. However at the moment it does not, and lets face it there are almost no GPUs of any kind available at the moment. I think I need to hope that the RTX 3080 FE is in stock in say, Feb next year. OR buy a good RTX 3070 for less.
  3. Hiya, So I am currently on a GTX 970 at 1080p 60hz. (Ryzen 1600 as well). Looking to upgrade to 1440p 144hz early next year. I'm intending to go for an RTX 3070 as the RX 6800/XT seems to be worse value. But is it actually going to be enough? Some of the games I currently play; WoW Overwatch Apex Destiny 2 Tomb Raider series Cyber Punk when it comes out. I really don't want to have to save/spend more on a RTX 3080 if I don't need to. Considering I am already going to need monitor and PSU.
  4. I think I'll see if I can get my cables to reach top of the PSU shroud internally!
  5. I think your suggestion is likely my best option for now. Swap in the 3tb. About the 500gb ssd, I completely agree! I'm just too lazy to either clone my boot drive or actually reinstall everything. I really should!
  6. Ok that's two suggestions for taping a drive! I might try it...
  7. See here's the thing, before we had to move recently I had just finished putting together a HP Z400 workstation as a media server and NAS etc. So that'd be problem solved but I literally don't have the space for two towers at the moment! So that's in storage. I guess I could probably try an external enclosure.
  8. Agree with what others have said. If you need NTFS on Mac + PC there are options like "Paragon NTFS" which allows full read write on Mac of NTFS.
  9. Hey, I'm at the point where I have now maxed my Meshify C's storage slots for HDDs But I need more storage. Below is my current setup and then what I want to do. Meshify C can take 2x 3.5 HDD and 3 2.5HDD/SSD -- I have the following mounted 120GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive 240GB 2.5" SSD - mainly full of games MX500 M.2 500GB - On the mobo - a recent addition... more games and soon to be cache drive for Premiere Pro etc. 3TB 3.5" HDD for Plex. (Currently enough...) 2TB 3.5" HDD for general bulk storage and programmes. 300GB free space. I am
  10. Actually pretty sure you can't do ads on Insta with before and after photos. Or tape measures associated with waist lines. Also this has been a thing for at least a couple months too! I only know because the company I work for has been using Facebook and Instagram ads for a weight loss related product.
  11. I can't tell for sure... but do you have an SSD in your current build? If not... for now, I'd honestly just get one of those and move your windows install to that. Then hold off for a couple months or two to see what Ryzen 2 bring us. The 4770 and GTX 1060 combo are pretty solid still!
  12. Yeah I still don't know if I will upgrade. But I can definitely make use of some extra cores if I had them...
  13. Ah OK, that makes sense to me. I am currently on a R5-1600 with an ASUS TUF B350M so I have reached out to Asus, to see what they say will happen!
  14. So there's a chance that some of us with B350 boards won't be able to run Zen2?
  15. In theory... all existing boards should.... Whether they will or not is the question. As someone with an Asus TUF B350M. I am very much hoping that we will get support.
×