AMD Preparing Crimson ReLive Driver Update - Comes with ShadowPlay Alternative

HKZeroFive

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-74.jpg

Alright, so I think I'm safe when it comes to reposting because I've been scanning the first two pages of the Tech News and Reviews section and used the Search tool vigorously and haven't found any actual 'news' posts... needless to say, I'm a bit late to the party. Oh well.

So there's a little 'rumour' (well, it's safe to say that it's real at this point of time) that outlines a massive driver update from AMD that will bring many new features and game optimisations, not unlike Omega and Crimson. It's created a lot of hype and rightfully so, because it also marks the integration of AMD's new capturing tool that will be the long awaited answer to NVIDIA's ShadowPlay - "Radeon ReLive". Anyway, I hope this post helps you understand what exactly the Crimson ReLive update will bring.

RADEON RELIVEAMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-70.jpg

RADEON RELIVE – Capture. Customize. Share Capture, stream and share your greatest moments and gaming wins with Radeon ReLive. Modify settings quickly, conveniently, and play seamlessly with the easily accessible in-game toolbar. Express yourself in bold new ways with custom scene layouts. Upload your latest highlights and let them be a conversation piece. It’s never been easier to build and grow your online community at anytime, anywhere.

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition will introduce a brand new feature set into Radeons for enhanced digital video recording like capabilities on your graphics product.

Radeon ReLive contains the following major features:

–Radeon ReLive Overlay/Toolbar
–Instant Replay
–Record
–Stream
–Screenshot
–Radeon ReLive and its features have many configuration options within its own navigation tab on the home page for Radeon Settings once it has launched.

Radeon ReLive will be AMD's take on ShadowPlay and hopefully replace Plays.TV altogether. AMD promises that it will have a minute performance impact (somewhere in the ballpark of 1-3%) so it's not different from SP at all in that regard. But most importantly, it requires no registration which is essentially a big 'F U' to NVIDIA, unintended or not. Awesome.

RADEON CHILL

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-51.jpg

The next big update is called Radeon Chill. This feature will give you the option to lower power consumption by dynamically regulating the framerate in games. The way it works is simple. Imagine playing a static scene, where there’s not much of an action. This software will determine if full GPU power is required to handle the scene. So it’s quite similar to VSync, of framerate limiting software, such as Afterburner. You simply decide how much power you are willing to put into action. Of course, this will also mean lower temperatures and noise, hence the name — Radeon Chill.

Radeon Chill will apparently regulate framerate based on in-game movement, in which AMD claims that it will increase efficiency by up to 31%, decrease temperatures by up to 13% and reduce frametime delivery to display by up to 32%. Looks like AMD put that HiAlgo tech to good use. Fantastic.

RADEON WATTMAN NOW SUPPORTS RADEON 200/300 AND FURY SERIES

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-57.jpg

For those who are missing out on WattMan with their older AMD graphics cards - fear no more. Now you can undervolt or overclock your AMD hardware to your liking. Beautiful.

FREESYNC NOW SUPPORTS BORDERLESS WINDOW MODE

A huge welcome by users who prefer borderless mode... I believe this is one of the advantages G-Sync had over FreeSync. Not anymore. Exquisite.

4-8% PERFORMANCE GAINS IN CERTAIN TITLES

Not unlike Omega nor Crimson. Sweet.

BUG FIXES

Your standard bug fixes that practically come with every driver update. No fusses here. Great.

Thoughts: AMD went up and beyond to deliver a fantastic driver update with their own answer to Shadowplay. The hardware encoding improvements look promising but Radeon Chill looks especially interesting. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

AMD's driver game has been great from what I've heard and seen, and judging from the many, many problems/issues on the side of the Green Team, it looks like they're running away with the 'Best Drivers' award. Good on you AMD. Hope the driver update is as good as it sounds.

Source: http://videocardz.com/64496/amd-preparing-crimson-relive-driver-update

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

More free performance from my 480 ontop of the overclock?
Who could say no to that.

Even though i won't notice it 'cause bottleneck.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I'm still waiting for AMD Auburn so that I can say "Aw, it burns...".

I'm glad that AMD is coming out with their own solution to low impact recording. The biggest surprise to me is that they are allowing FreeSync without fullscreen being active.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Also:

Support for HBR3 (so DisplayPort 1.4) for the Polaris cards. 

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-49.jpg

ReLive can record in H.265 on Polaris cards (H.264 on older cards), and upto 4K30 on Fury cards (H.264)

file-page10-copy-881x1140.jpg

MultiRes and MultiView for VR

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-21.jpg

VP9 hardware decoding support (Polaris only I think)

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-43.jpg

Freesync on Linux

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-62.jpg

Automatic Bad HDMI cable detection and fallback

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-42.jpg

Dolby Vision and HDR10 support

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-44.jpg

Gradual refresh rate ramp on Freesync (not just everything in one jump)

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-47.jpg

Skype performance enhancement (really worth mentioning?)

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-48.jpg

AND more

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Lol...

@aerandir92, Skype performance enhancement... How could you ever fix Skype. I use it only as a chat/text program, and it's just soooo laggy. Text messages can and will float on the interwebs for minutes, before ariving. And what about them people who are always "away", while no devices are logged in/on. How can a AMD driver update fix that.

4 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Lol...

@aerandir92, Skype performance enhancement... How could you ever fix Skype. I use it only as a chat/text program, and it's just soooo laggy. Text messages can and will float on the interwebs for minutes, before ariving. And what about them people who are always "away", while no devices are logged in/on. How can a AMD driver update fix that.

Added pictures that explains it a bit :) It's mostly lower CPU usage for Skype calls

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

8 minutes ago, aerandir92 said:

Added pictures that explains it a bit :) It's mostly lower CPU usage for Skype calls

actually, the skype thing is HUGE. my ex used to run a APU system, and it would boil and crash during video-calls. So whatever AMD fixes in that regard would be amazing.

Oh man... is it time to pop my 280x back in :)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Sounds like a big thing, looking forward to ReLive. Though I'm more interested in fixes for my desktop cursor not appearing in fullscreen games. 

Lets hope this is going to work well. Sadly I only have a HD 7950.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

This is freaking sweet. Glad I traded my GTX 1070 for a R9 Fury . :)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, Vode said:

This is freaking sweet. Glad I traded my GTX 1070 for a R9 Fury . :)

to be fair i don't see a normal fury matching a 1070 but it is great news for people still waiting for amd high end to arrive.  like me.........

57 minutes ago, aerandir92 said:

AMD-Crimson-ReLive-VideoCardz-43.jpg

so decode acceleration reduces the amount of basket balls...

I WANT MY BASKET BALLS DAMN IT, WHYY AMD WHYYYY, why you take basket balls away from us ;-;

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

This would be good.......if my HD7600G was still supported. It may be weaker than the older MR HD5650, but its dual

module APU relies on it heavily for any intensive workload due to the CPU being as slow as an early dual core.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

ReLive is probably my most desired component of this release.

I've given up trying different codecs with DXtory, with the UTvideo codec getting close, but still causing a sizeable hit to performance.

MJPG codec in MSI Afterburner was really good, but once I switched from Sony Vegas Pro 10 to Adobe Premiere Pro CC, MJPG encoded videos aren't recognized and I'm not about to fork over cash for a codec.

Trying to put some content on my tiny Youtube channel, but having to put up with the performance hits of compression codecs is tiring. My HDD doesn't have the bandwidth to record uncompressed 2560x1080-60 files, so compressed is the only way. 

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Alright, so I think I'm safe when it comes to reposting because I've been scanning the first two pages of the Tech News and Reviews section and used the Search tool vigorously and haven't found any actual 'news' posts... needless to say, I'm a bit late to the party. Oh well.

There was a thread that got kicked out of the tech news section for not following the requirements. Obviously yours is of a higher standard, so I think you're good. And in time for the forum maintenance downtime. :D

As I said in the previous thread, it's cool that AMD is leapfrogging Nvidia Shadowplay. The old third-party app solution is less elegant than Nvidia's first-party app, but now AMD is moving to a native solution.

As for Radeon Chill, isn't that just FRTC optimized for low input lag and with a better name? FRTC is already a pretty neat feature.

1 hour ago, Ashaira said:

to be fair i don't see a normal fury matching a 1070 but it is great news for people still waiting for amd high end to arrive.  like me.........

It's not matching it overall but coming close enough TBH.

In Doom on Vulkan it certainly is if not faster. :P

I got 100 bucks out of it so it's a winwin. 

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

Nice another large driver package :)

ReLive looks to be really awesome, glad for complete overhaul compared to Gaming Evolve for sure. It was needed. More modern, responsive and such.
FreeSync support for borderless windowed mode is just great, I tend to play most games that way.
Radeon Chill looks to be a neat feature though I wonder how it works as far as fps base. Like would it reduce let's say below 60fps on static scenes or it kicks in over monitor refresh rate. Needless to say, seems cool.

Also H.265 record and VP9 decode support.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

AMD is starting to look more and more appealing to me.

It looks awesome although i'll wait a couple of days after it releases to update.

Nice to see all this. The gains for pro's look pretty fantastic too. 

Can anyone here comment on that side of the situation?? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

So what's the performance hit form their shadowplay alternative  ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This is rather good news. I'd prefer if the effort would go to faster driver optimization but feature set also has it's importance so this is good news. I think similar functionality was there already but if it's more robust then all the better.

Damn I should get a Fury or Vega card maybe.

-------

Current Rig

-------