AMD Preparing Crimson ReLive Driver Update - Comes with ShadowPlay Alternative

HKZeroFive
Just now, KemoKa said:

The 7000 series AMD cards are totally fine. It's only after that that they started doing stuff like put more heatpipes on the heatsink that could touch the chip xD

You haven't used it yet?? xD

My PSU doesn't have 2 8 pin connectors unfortunately. BUT ONE DAY

10 hours ago, lightningterror said:

Hmm am I the only one having display issues? 
When resuming from sleep mode the display turns black or there are artifacts on the screen for a few seconds and then the screen goes black.

I've seen some other people on reddit with similar issues. It doesn't seem to be a widespread thing, but definitely an issue nontheless.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Are a lot of the additional settings missing for anyone else? I can't adjust the picture settings anymore.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

I've seen some other people on reddit with similar issues. It doesn't seem to be a widespread thing, but definitely an issue nontheless.

The issue was I had msi afterburner running when resuming from sleep. Other than that using msi afterburner at all (changing any value) results in a black screen.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

On 12/7/2016 at 1:24 PM, MageTank said:

Nvidia set the bar extremely low with Geforce Experience. If this program can be booted without it taking 30 seconds to load it from the tray, and not repeatedly crash (or use obscene amounts of resources) then it has my blessings. I don't even download GFE anymore when downloading drivers due to how awful it is. 

I got to try out the ReLive drivers yesterday and it's actually not bad at all. Radeon Settings still takes all of like ten seconds to load, and it hasn't been bitchy about much. I'll see how ReLive itself actually works later today, because I'm intrigued as hell to see how it stacks up to what I've been using (OBS).

GeForce Experience has really fallen off the grid, really. And it sucks too, because Nvidia could really use it to their advantage if they were competent.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

When OBS exists and Shadowplay is terrible, why bother? Just the feature check I suppose. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

When OBS exists and Shadowplay is terrible, why bother? Just the feature check I suppose. 

One funny thing I noted about OBS/ Shadowplay back when I had my GTX 760, was that using the Shadowplay codec within OBS was better quality-wise than both purist options lol.

ReLive is noticeably better than Shadowplay was back then, but it's been 1-2 years since I checked in with Shadowplay so if it was updated I wouldn't know. The ReLive output is a bit softer, but lacks the moirée and often faint edge and dark zone bitcrush of the Shadowplay that I hated.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On 7.12.2016 at 11:50 AM, Ashaira said:

to be fair i don't see a normal fury matching a 1070 but it is great news for people still waiting for amd high end to arrive.  like me.........

My Fury after overclock matches a stock 1070 Founder's Edition in terms of Firestrike GPU score.

On 7.12.2016 at 8:05 PM, cesrai said:

So what's the performance hit form their shadowplay alternative  ?

Around 3%. Even at 4K. It's actually lower than ShadowPlay's according to the tests.

On 7.12.2016 at 8:07 PM, Misanthrope said:

This is rather good news. I'd prefer if the effort would go to faster driver optimization but feature set also has it's importance so this is good news. I think similar functionality was there already but if it's more robust then all the better.

Damn I should get a Fury or Vega card maybe.

Would recommend a Fury 10/10. Really, I switched from a 290X which wasn't a slow card, and it only keeps impressing me. It's also faster than both 480 and 1060 while being around the same price point...

18 hours ago, jman629 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Radeon Chill. I don't want them deciding what my frame rate should be. Maybe I want to watch a cut scene or something else in game above 60 frames. If I'm worried about temps and power consumption that much, I will down clock my card a 100 mhz or so. Point is, let me decide. Don't make it automatic.

You can adjust how low and how high in terms of FPS it's gonna work.

54 minutes ago, lightningterror said:

The issue was I had msi afterburner running when resuming from sleep. Other than that using msi afterburner at all (changing any value) results in a black screen.

Got the same, but it's a non-issue to me, only when adjusting afterburner settings this happens, and I won't need afterburner anymore after I configure wattman + its OSD. It's probably gonna be fixed soon anyway though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Got the same, but it's a non-issue to me, only when adjusting afterburner settings this happens, and I won't need afterburner anymore after I configure wattman + it's OSD.

I'm using it just for the fan curve , which wattman still doesn't provide for my card.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Just now, lightningterror said:

I'm using it just for the fan curve , which wattman still doesn't provide for my card.

You could quite easily set the fan curve in the card BIOS by editing it and ditch afterburner, but that's up to personal preference :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

17 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

My Fury after overclock matches a stock 1070 Founder's Edition in terms of Firestrike GPU score.

Around 3%. Even at 4K. It's actually lower than ShadowPlay's according to the tests.

Would recommend a Fury 10/10. Really, I switched from a 290X which wasn't a slow card, and it only keeps impressing me. It's also faster than both 480 and 1060 while being around the same price point...

You can adjust how low and how high in terms of FPS it's gonna work.

Got the same, but it's a non-issue to me, only when adjusting afterburner settings this happens, and I won't need afterburner anymore after I configure wattman + its OSD. It's probably gonna be fixed soon anyway though.

Link to the tests ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

On 7.12.2016 at 8:18 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Can you record in 720p60 using ReLive?

yes , you can record any resulution (up to native screen res) in 30 or 60 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah, just got the update last night. I wanna see how it is in Team Fortress 2.

sofar it recorded every game fine , a friend of mine had issues in Siege tho 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

sofar it recorded every game fine , a friend of mine had issues in Siege tho 

Hmm. That sounds good.

on another note, I'm digging the custom resolutions. Playing Team Fortress 2 at 720x480 is fun.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Playing Team Fortress 2 at 720x480 is fun.

480?  pfff double digit is how  you play it , 180*90 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

480?  pfff double digit is how  you play it , 180*90 

lol

I mainly tried it out just to see how I'd do. It turned out well.

Too bad the game still runs like ass, as in sub-50's for no reason.

GO AMD

I just want Vega ASAP and I'll leave my GTX 670 in my old PC.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

lol

I mainly tried it out just to see how I'd do. It turned out well.

Too bad the game still runs like ass, as in sub-50's for no reason.

specs? 

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Morgan MLGman said:

You could quite easily set the fan curve in the card BIOS by editing it and ditch afterburner, but that's up to personal preference :)

I'm not sure if I should risk it and I don't know which would be the correct tool to flash this card and afraid If I brick it. 

I've pretty much flashed a couple of nvidia gpus in the past with no problems tho.

1 hour ago, cesrai said:

Link to the tests ?

08_radeon_software_crimson_relive_editio

relive4.png

As a bonus, performance hit when recording at 1440p in DiRT Rally with ReLive beating ShadowPlay by 7%.

relive-vs-shadowplay-drt.png

15 minutes ago, lightningterror said:

I'm not sure if I should risk it and I don't know which would be the correct tool to flash this card and afraid If I brick it. 

I've pretty much flashed a couple of nvidia gpus in the past with no problems tho.

https://www.techpowerup.com/rbe/

Okay, finally looks like a driver update to look forward to.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

The ReLive driver does not work on modded Polaris cards. This is because this new drivers checks the info of the gpu bios values with the ones originally set by AMD, if they don't match, then users are meet with a blackscreen. There is a work around for it.

https://www.techpowerup.com/228536/amd-bios-signature-check-re-enabled-with-relive-locks-out-polaris-bios-modders

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I've gotten nothing but black screens from this driver while playing world of warcraft on my 380. thank god the last catalyst driver works properly.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB