AMD Preparing Crimson ReLive Driver Update - Comes with ShadowPlay Alternative

HKZeroFive
1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Fair. Was planning to do that with my HIS 7950 and Asus 7970.

not a fan of Asus GPUs, so I would put that in the corner of shame. xD

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Well , the Radeon settings app is more responsive , got WattMan for the 390 which is cool , a boost in performance aswell .

And using ReLive is really easy , and even 1080p 60FPS recording doesnt seem to do much to performance , at least while using Vsync i do not notice any larger frame drops while recording . Tho having issues with audio for whatever reason , trying to figure that out . 

Yet to try the Chill thing . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Damn ReLive is actually better than Shadowplay. Didn't expect that. Sweet!

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

I'm not sure how I feel about Radeon Chill. I don't want them deciding what my frame rate should be. Maybe I want to watch a cut scene or something else in game above 60 frames. If I'm worried about temps and power consumption that much, I will down clock my card a 100 mhz or so. Point is, let me decide. Don't make it automatic.

12 minutes ago, jman629 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Radeon Chill. I don't want them deciding what my frame rate should be. Maybe I want to watch a cut scene or something else in game above 60 frames. If I'm worried about temps and power consumption that much, I will down clock my card a 100 mhz or so. Point is, let me decide. Don't make it automatic.

It's deactivated as standard. So it's really just if you want to save electricity or want it to run cooler, you'd activate it. I bet it's great for laptops though.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

If it isn't support for Ubuntu lots 16.04 then its no good for me. Good for windows users though.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

6 minutes ago, Notional said:

It's deactivated as standard. So it's really just if you want to save electricity or want it to run cooler, you'd activate it. I bet it's great for laptops though.

Oh, good this makes me feel alot better. Well good on them for giving more options for different needs.

Well I updated, but I can't see any options for ReLive...? Where is it supposed to be in the interface?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

3 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Well I updated, but I can't see any options for ReLive...? Where is it supposed to be in the interface?

Are you sure you accepted the part during driver installation to install ReLive ? 

the tab should be between the video and display tabs . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

34 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Are you sure you accepted the part during driver installation to install ReLive ? 

the tab should be between the video and display tabs . 

Got it working, it was because I used clean install in the new package installer rather than using the cleanup utility.

Sweet update though.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Hmm am I the only one having display issues? 
When resuming from sleep mode the display turns black or there are artifacts on the screen for a few seconds and then the screen goes black.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

7 hours ago, jman629 said:

Chill has some very good things as part of it, like reducing frametime by 30%

Wow I am super excited about this. I check the Tech News section everyday but I somehow missed this one until just now. Installing the driver right now.

I saw it in the r/AMD the other day and just got it installed on my computer. I can't wait to test out the Shadowplay alternative. I've been waiting for it since I got my card. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Its got me more tempted to choose the 480 8GB over the 1060 6GB. The 480 is 20$ cheaper, has 2GB of extra vram, wins in DX12 (I only play a few DX12 games though so my DX11 titles might suffer) and the 480 can actually be found at MSRP.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Nice! Another reason to stay on AMD :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

So I tried ReLive quite a bit, and the video encoding seems better than what I've been able to get out of OpenBroadcaster.

However, the software will not "let" an R9 290x record in 1440p. Either this is a stupid oversight or they're trying to push new hardware artificially, because I'm already recording 1440p in OBS just fine.

Performance hit of ReLive is neglible, I stay at 60FPS cap whilst recording, which is ideal. And I haven't been getting any stutters or the like.

I must say that it's a fine tool, and if this is the first iteration I'm excited to see it evolve.

Good job AMD, but fix that 1440p on 290x, no reason it shouldn't be able to.

1 minute ago, raphidy said:

Finally AMD, years late from shadowplay but surely enough i'll be checking up on Vega.

Does it still need CRU to overclock your monitor?

What? They've had it for years.

The name is just changed to ReLive with better UI more functionality.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

6 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

What? They've had it for years.

The name is just changed to ReLive with better UI more functionality.

Wasn't it always 3rd party software like playstv,raptr, etc? Were them efficient like it is now?

Just now, raphidy said:

Wasn't it always 3rd party software like playstv,raptr, etc? Were them efficient like it is now?

It was Gaming Evolved but powered by raptr. AMD DVR is the same Shadowplay. You had to install GE to use DVR like how you needed to install GFE to use Shadowplay. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

7 hours ago, Albatross said:

I saw it in the r/AMD the other day and just got it installed on my computer. I can't wait to test out the Shadowplay alternative. I've been waiting for it since I got my card. :)

what card do you have? I've been thinking of going Team Red but my wallet says no for the time being.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

20 hours ago, Dackzy said:

not a fan of Asus GPUs, so I would put that in the corner of shame. xD

The 7000 series AMD cards are totally fine. It's only after that that they started doing stuff like put more heatpipes on the heatsink that could touch the chip xD

20 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Nah, got it from @KemoKa . I plan on using it at some point.

You haven't used it yet?? xD