Ex-Ubisoft employee speaking out about the company.

Altecice

Was surfing /r/AssassinsCreed and came across this post by an ex-Ubisoft employee its really damming for the company as a whole and I actually feel sorry for them (the workers not the company) Some noteworthy quotes:

We were struggling under normal load, AAA games are HARD to develop. where we worked 50-70 hour weeks, (anything above 37 is unpaid)

I was in a meeting personally with yves guillemot, who said that he doesn't care about PC gamers because, and i quote "90% are pirates anyway"

We had to beg to have our deadline extended or we WOULD release a horrible broken mess

QA get sacked at the end of a project anyway

I will never even look at a games job again. i hate ubisoft for ruining my dream, but i don't blame the devs

Full source and link to the post : https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2mcies/as_an_exubisoft_employee/

---

What do you guys think? I think its shocking tbh not being paid for overtime and still being hated for it by customers, But its not there fault its the bosses wanting to keep there paper in check. I personally wouldn't mind games on a two year time frame instead of broken annual games being produced. Thats what seems to be the issue. Also the whole QA team being sacked is shocking when they get handed a broken game in the first place!

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Q3OjVSu.gif

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

"EX" Employee .

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Wow, so I guess all the rumors about the CEO being the center of all of this is true

"EX" Employee .

He quit/ looking for a new job.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Ubisoft.pngXnlRD7X.jpg

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Welp.. There goes the last shred of respect that I had for Ubisoft (as a company)...

I have a new sympathy for SOME ubi employees if this is true.

"new"?  

No dev would ever purposely release a bad game; the only reason it would ever happen was because they were forced to. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I PIRATE YOUR SHITTY GAMES UBISOFT BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

"new"?  

No dev would ever purposely release a bad game; the only reason it would ever happen was because they were forced to. 

No good dev*

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I PIRATE YOUR SHITTY GAMES UBISOFT BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. 

Why pirate something because its bad? it would be better to just not even touch the game at all.

Starting to understand micro-transactions now, assuming any of that money actually goes to devs lol

No good dev*

Devs are usually adamant about being a dev (i.e. they like doing it), so what reason could they have to produce garbage. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm going to say that this is the magic of the pyramid structure. Really, I don't think this is any news, even though it certainly deserves to be a headline somewhere. Many other companies work like this. 

Starting to understand micro-transactions now, assuming any of that money actually goes to devs lol

Not a dime. They get paid for hours, not for sales. They just get fired if the game isn't as good as it should be, and get replaced by new 22 year olds that have high hopes of the industry.

Devs are usually adamant about being a dev (i.e. they like doing it), so what reason could they have to produce garbage. 

To be an asshole?

I think this is better

Excuse me sir but Ubisoft holes need to be at least 2 Sasha grey assholes wide to even be considered a "Ubi-hole"

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Why pirate something because its bad? it would be better to just not even touch the game at all.

I hope that Ubisoft turns around when a new game comes out. Plus the plebs buying the game are paying full price for it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Newell said that the way to end piracy is to provide a service that's more complete than cracked software, and that restrictive DRM only encourages more piracy.

"We think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem," he said. "If a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."

The proof is in the proverbial pudding. "Prior to entering the Russian market, we were told that Russia was a waste of time because everyone would pirate our products. Russia is now about to become [steam's] largest market in Europe," Newell said.

. . . . .

. . . . .

I'd say it is definitely more of a pricing problem, I don't want to go out and spend $60+ on a game that I may play pretty much every day, or that I may never play again.

I'd say it is definitely more of a pricing problem, I don't want to go out and spend $60+ on a game that I may play pretty much every day, or that I may never play again.

That's where sales come in. Seeing as Ubi pulled their stuff from Steam, though, I don't think a Ubi sale is going to happen any time soon.

Im wondering about the structure of who gets paid out of that price. For instance I bet you the CEO/bosses get paid 95% of every sale where as the people who create the game get paid sod all. The only way we could keep the annual cycle up with good games is to either:

1) Charge more for the game to allow more people to be hired to write the game.

2) re-prioritize where the money goes to pay more to the devs and allow them to hire more.

But somehow I doubt ubisoft would go for the second option.