Ex-Ubisoft employee speaking out about the company.

Altecice

We were struggling under normal load, AAA games are HARD to develop. where we worked 50-70 hour weeks, (anything above 37 is unpaid)

(anything above 37 is unpaid) - I call BS On this big time. They dont work in retail nor do they work in the fast food industry, so trying to keep under 40 hours a week on pay is not possible, as there is no way in hell any big name development company does not offer benefits to their employees .

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Excuse me sir but Ubisoft holes need to be at least 2 Sasha grey assholes wide to even be considered a "Ubi-hole"

You Win this Time sir .. 

This forum loves to shit-post and rant about things that we aren't even sure are true or proven yet, jesus christ.

Cool your fucking jets and wait for a confirmation before you all jump the gun and declare everything you read as gospel.

I'm pretty sure that is against Labor laws in the US, CAN, and EU

Not necessarily. It entirely depends on their job contract, and whether they are hourly or salary.

(anything above 37 is unpaid) - I call BS On this big time. They dont work in retail nor do they work in the fast food industry, so trying to keep under 40 hours a week on pay is not possible, as there is no way in hell any big name development company does not offer benefits to their employees .

Kind of. If they are "in the building" for 40 hours a week (5 8-hour work days), but are given a 30 minute unpaid lunch period, then they would be working exactly 37.5 hours.

Also, benefits does NOT equal overtime pay.

In Canada it is illegal to work more than 60 hours a week without written permission. However, all Ubisoft would need to do is include a clause as part of the job contract that must be signed that says "You get paid on Salary. You must work a minimum of X number of hours. There is no overtime pay. You give permission to work in excess of 60 hours per week, and forfeit overtime pay."

They may get excellent medical benefits (Really good health insurance, life insurance, etc). They may also get really good pension/retirement funding.

The point is, we have no idea what the conditions of their job contracts are.

Of course, that doesn't make it right, but it's not necessarily illegal.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Since the reddit thread has been deleted, here's a screenshot of it which has been posted on imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/pZblPQk    I am keeping neutral in this argument, but for people arguing one way or the other, I want you to be able to reference the post : )

Since the reddit thread has been deleted, here's a screenshot of it which has been posted on imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/pZblPQk    I am keeping neutral in this argument, but for people arguing one way or the other, I want you to be able to reference the post : )

To be honest, I love the last line of the Reddit post,

jG3YHIM.png

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Not necessarily. It entirely depends on their job contract, and whether they are hourly or salary.

Kind of. If they are "in the building" for 40 hours a week (5 8-hour work days), but are given a 30 minute unpaid lunch period, then they would be working exactly 37.5 hours.

In Canada it is illegal to work more than 60 hours a week without written permission. However, all Ubisoft would need to do is include a clause as part of the job contract that must be signed that says "You get paid on Salary. You must work a minimum of X number of hours. There is no overtime pay. You give permission to work in excess of 60 hours per week, and forfeit overtime pay."

They may get excellent medical benefits (Really good health insurance, life insurance, etc). They may also get really good pension/retirement funding.

^Spoken like a true lawyer.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wow that guy has some balls!

he put so much TNT into ubisoft's hole, i think we're almost hitting bedrock!

who cares...

LOL and we're supposed to believe some random guy on reddit???

If people are that gullible then I'm gonna go there now and state that I once worked for EA....

This.

Reddit is shit.

This forum loves to shit-post and rant about things that we aren't even sure are true or proven yet, jesus christ.

Cool your fucking jets and wait for a confirmation before you all jump the gun and declare everything you read as gospel.

The forum is too busy running the joke into the ground (deeper than any hole Ubisoft may have made) to even read this.

It was funny a few weeks ago, now it's boring as fuck.

In the end a publicly owned company is forced to make decisions like these to keep its stock owners happy, who are often even more short-sighted than the CEO. No man is truly evil but some are truly ignorant.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

06gqAsB.jpg?1

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

If you are on a salary base, that is a minimum of 40 hours, not 37. Anything after 40 hours is not extra pay.

"Also, benefits does NOT equal overtime pay."  You are correct but 40 hours equals Benefits period.

" Of course, that doesn't make it right, but it's not necessarily illegal."  I think you might have miss understood my BS statement. I was not saying that the company was BS, but the Ex-employee.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

The forum is too busy running the joke into the ground (deeper than any hole Ubisoft may have made) to even read this.

It was funny a few weeks ago, now it's boring as fuck.

This forum is worse at the cirlejerk than even reddit.

If you are on a salary base, that is a minimum of 40 hours, not 37. Anything after 40 hours is not extra pay.

"Also, benefits does NOT equal overtime pay."  You are correct but 40 hours equals Benefits period.

" Of course, that doesn't make it right, but it's not necessarily illegal."  I think you might have miss understood my BS statement. I was not saying that the company was BS, but the Ex-employee.

No, its 37.5. How do I know? Cause my own contract states 37.5 hours. Half an hour each day for unpaid lunch. Thats how it is in Canada. I actually have an hour off for lunch, but its all moot cause I'm salaried. I get paid the same no matter what. Its in my own contract that I also won't exceed 50 hours a week, cause my employer likes me. Other people here are salaried and have 70 hour weeks or more. 

This so called "ex dev" sounds like someone who doesn't understand the very contract he agreed to. Which is why you kinda need to read over contracts before you sign them, and why any employer worth their salt lets you look over the contracts before you sign them. I'll assume Ubisoft isn't entirely stupid and makes people sign on the spot. These people are allowed to read over the terms and discuss them. This guy didn't read shit apparently otherwise his "only getting paid for x amount of hours" rant wouldn't have happened. 

@dalekphalm is 100% correct. Its not illegal. Its part of the binding employment contracts that are written in accordance with the rather strict labour laws, especially the ones we have up here. Hell, a contract that well written would hold water almost anywhere. When you consent to a salaried position you consent to nearly unlimited overtime and you have ZERO claim to further compensation. 

Tough shit. Learn to read contracts. Don't complain against the conditions you very well knew when you accepted the contract. Don't make anonymous shitposts on the internet with little to no objective proof and most important don't bring all that conjecture together and try and make a post on a site like this claiming its news. 

Look again. 

Stop harping on about something that only lasted for 13 hours. 

Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 and The Crew were pulled from Steam in August here in the UK not longer after going up. They are still not there now.

No, its 37.5. How do I know? Cause my own contract states 37.5 hours. Half an hour each day for unpaid lunch. Thats how it is in Canada. I actually have an hour off for lunch, but its all moot cause I'm salaried. I get paid the same no matter what. Its in my own contract that I also won't exceed 50 hours a week, cause my employer likes me. Other people here are salaried and have 70 hour weeks or more. 

This so called "ex dev" sounds like someone who doesn't understand the very contract he agreed to. Which is why you kinda need to read over contracts before you sign them, and why any employer worth their salt lets you look over the contracts before you sign them. I'll assume Ubisoft isn't entirely stupid and makes people sign on the spot. These people are allowed to read over the terms and discuss them. This guy didn't read shit apparently otherwise his "only getting paid for x amount of hours" rant wouldn't have happened. 

@dalekphalm is 100% correct. Its not illegal. Its part of the binding employment contracts that are written in accordance with the rather strict labour laws, especially the ones we have up here. Hell, a contract that well written would hold water almost anywhere. When you consent to a salaried position you consent to nearly unlimited overtime and you have ZERO claim to further compensation. 

Tough shit. Learn to read contracts. Don't complain against the conditions you very well knew when you accepted the contract. Don't make anonymous shitposts on the internet with little to no objective proof and most important don't bring all that conjecture together and try and make a post on a site like this claiming its news. 

You and @dalekphalm are both correct, here in the USA though if you exceed less then 38 hours a week ( including unpaid breaks ), you get no benefits what so ever. I know this because I am the head boss at the factory I run, it is my job to know and understand this :) If you work seasonal and you still work 38 hours or more, you still get no benefits.

P.S Also in tell a couple of seconds ago, I did not realize that Ubisoft was located in Canada lol, so Im not familiar with Canadian laws ( even though I should learn them, since I do want to eventually reside there :) )

I wonder if the'll reach china soon. Maybe the'll just make a black hole, so that it just digs it self. Wouldn't put it against Ubisoft, they've done worse. meeeh they'd probably release it and its be all buggy anyways.

B2h2helCQAANzji.jpg

No.

It must be shit working for a 2-3 years to not see the game fully realized for the sake of a deadline.

It must be shit working for a year to not see your game fully realized for the sake of a deadline.

Games are worked on for a lot longer than a year. The annual release cycle doesn't mean an annual development cycle, every AC game is developed for 3 full years before launch. By the time they announce it, it's already 2 years into the development cycle. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I know we are all having fun shitting on Ubisoft here but the dude sounds like sour grapes. 

^Spoken like a true lawyer.

Maybe so, but it just illustrates the issues with current laws. There's still a lot of legal loopholes for them to get away with these kinds of practices.

What? If you are on a salary base, it ENTIRELY DEPENDS ON YOUR JOB CONTRACT, AS WELL AS LOCAL/STATE/FEDERAL LAWS. For example, I'm on Salary, and I work 35 hours per week, plus lunches. I only get paid for 70 hours per pay, but that's what my salary is rated on.

As for your second point, no, 40 hours does not equal benefits. MAYBE where you live, that is a law, but it is not one here, and it is certainly not a universal one, or even an overly western one. Here in Ontario (And most of Canada), working 40 hours a week guarantees you absolutely nothing. No benefits, no insurance, etc. All of that is entirely up to the company. Now with that in mind, most bigger companies will give you all that stuff for full time, but it's not mandatory of them.

I agree that the employee probably is BS too, but they're both BS, the company and him.

Yep, however, fortunately for me, I have a payment clause for overtime. We also use a Lieu Day system, which is preferred and given first precedence, where if we work overtime, we can then just take that time off later (We can bank the days for the entire year).

You and @dalekphalm are both correct, here in the USA though if you exceed less then 38 hours a week ( including unpaid breaks ), you get no benefits what so ever. I know this because I am the head boss at the factory I run, it is my job to know and understand this :) If you work seasonal and you still work 38 hours or more, you still get no benefits.

P.S Also in tell a couple of seconds ago, I did not realize that Ubisoft was located in Canada lol, so Im not familiar with Canadian laws ( even though I should learn them, since I do want to eventually reside there :) )

Ubisoft has several studios, including at least one in Canada. I believe they have some European studios too.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Incredible, some random unknown guy on the net says ubisoft is shit and nearly everyone agrees and goes on about how crap they are and shit to work for.

A few years ago a man came out through a reputable (as much as any could be) media outlet complaining about working conditions at apple and nearly  everyone is blaming him as being disgruntled.

Get some critical thinking skills going people.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Incredible, some random unknown guy on the net says ubisoft is shit and nearly everyone agrees and goes on about how crap they are and shit to work for.

A few years ago a man came out through a reputable (as much as any could be) media outlet complaining about working conditions at apple and nearly  everyone is blaming him as being disgruntled.

Get some critical thinking skills going people.

There isn't any proof yet that the post was actually made by an ex-Ubisoft employee.

G5z1v88.png

So don't take his/her words fully yet.

I tried.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.