Ex-Ubisoft employee speaking out about the company.

Altecice

Incredible, some random unknown guy on the net says ubisoft is shit and nearly everyone agrees and goes on about how crap they are and shit to work for.

A few years ago a man came out through a reputable (as much as any could be) media outlet complaining about working conditions at apple and nearly everyone is blaming him as being disgruntled.

Get some critical thinking skills going people.

That is essentially the herd effect; when one person does something, everybody else follows, disregarding any individual thought. This is prevalent in societies, and the (partial) anonymity provided by the Internet only catalyses this effect. For this reason, I am keeping my views and opinions my own, even if it pisses off some people.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Some people didn't realize that everyone jumped on the Ubisoft-bashing bandwagon(yet again) not because of an unconfirmed post on reddit, but rather the fact that Ubisoft  treats players like shit and allowed games to be released in such broken state.

Forum hipsters...few of them every forum.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I don't even know what to say here.

If I had to work 60h a week with only 37 being paid, I'd quit better yet I'd sue. And here in Germany I also could. How in the world could anyone think that working without salary is legal? There's a word for that...

And if the management keeps putting up deadlines that cannot be meat I'd say there's someone up high how doesn't understand his job, or any form of job/employment.

I hope to God these "claims" aren't true but I know better.

It seems fake, and a lazy attempt at that.

Anyway. We all know anyone who tries leaving Ubisoft ends up in the hole ubisoft is digging

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Everyone is posting pictures of holes in the earth yet I feel its more appropriate to post another kind of "hole"... The ass-kind of hole.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Everyone is posting pictures of holes in the earth yet I feel its more appropriate to post another kind of "hole"... The ass-kind of hole.

We don't discriminate against what kind of holes here.

As long as it's Ubisoft.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

This poem is Ubisoft right now

aOy4bnR_460s_v1.jpg

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Really bad for those that worked hard developing the game and pc users cause of that asshole who does't care for peopl. He clearly doesn't understand pc crowd or piracy. He's blind thinking about that makes everyone else expiate. People like that need to be removed from companies.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Some people didn't realize that everyone jumped on the Ubisoft-bashing bandwagon(yet again) not because of an unconfirmed post on reddit, but rather the fact that Ubisoft  treats players like shit and allowed games to be released in such broken state.

Forum hipsters...few of them every forum.

Lmao. We got some special snow flakes here. Yes, you are both very intelligent. 

I know, the part about apple was particularly hilarious. "Everyone said that one guy at apple was just disgruntled and now their saying this ubisoft guy isn't!" As if whatever the fuck hes talking about with apple has anything to do with this. I mean the lack of logic is just painful. Because a few years ago some people said a guy at apple was disgruntled no one is ever allowed to side with employees venting on the internet. Priceless. And this guy is telling others to get critical thinking skills. I honestly cant stop laughing.

You might want to check the context of what we were saying. We are talking about this thread, not about Ubisoft in general, which are two different things. If you want to give Ubisoft flack (which it deserves), then do so with legitimate information. When people start using unverified data to slander a company, is when the whole issue gets overblown. This is why I call it the herd effect, because normally you would check the validity and credibility of the citations before accusing the company or person in question. That is not what happened here.

Moreover, If either of you have something to contribute to the discussion, then speak on it in relation to the thread topic here. Otherwise, do not throw insults at people just because you disagree with them. It tarnishes your overall reputation on LTT.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Lmao. We got some special snow flakes here. Yes, you are both very intelligent. 

I know, the part about apple was particularly hilarious. "Everyone said that one guy at apple was just disgruntled and now their saying this ubisoft guy isn't!" As if whatever the fuck hes talking about with apple has anything to do with this. I mean the lack of logic is just painful. Because a few years ago some people said a guy at apple was disgruntled no one is ever allowed to side with employees venting on the internet. Priceless. And this guy is telling others to get critical thinking skills. I honestly cant stop laughing. 

wow,  If you don't understand what someone is talking about you should probably refrain from insulting them,  it only makes you look silly. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You might want to check the context of what we were saying. We are talking about this thread, not about Ubisoft in general, which are two different things. If you want to give Ubisoft flack (which it deserves), then do so with legitimate information. When people start using unverified data to slander a company, is when the whole issue gets overblown. This is why I call it the herd effect, because normally you would check the validity and credibility of the citations before accusing the company or person in question. That is not what happened here.

Moreover, If either of you have something to contribute to the discussion, then speak on it in relation to the thread topic here. Otherwise, do not throw insults at people just because you disagree with them. It tarnishes your overall reputation on LTT.

I'm pretty sure people skipped the fact checking here not because everyone else is bashing Ubisoft/it's cool to bash Ubisoft.

But because Ubisoft legitimately treat players like dirt.

I'm pretty sure people skipped the fact checking here not because everyone else is bashing Ubisoft/it's cool to bash Ubisoft.

Ubisoft has indeed treated the gamers very poorly, and the company has actually pulled a number of shady PR moves in the pre-UPlay days. However, I fail to see how that justifies attacking it over, what is at this point of time, speculation. Even when you are frustrated with a given scenario, you still need a rational mind and check the info first.

Then people should make their comments about that, they should vent their frustrations regarding legitimate complaints.  Attacking a companies HR based on unfounded internet rhetoric however is not legitimate.  Just because they treat their customers with a certain amount of disdain does not mean they also treat their employees the same.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hey, Yves Guillemot, if you actually said those things about PC gamers;

2uxxp1u.jpg

tumblr_lps76r3f341r00k3po1_400.gif

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

2lawp40.jpg

This started the size of one desk.

Edit: dammit somebody else found this picture.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Then people should make their comments about that, they should vent their frustrations regarding legitimate complaints.  Attacking a companies HR based on unfounded internet rhetoric however is not legitimate.  Just because they treat their customers with a certain amount of disdain does not mean they also treat their employees the same.

They believe it because: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-22-guillemot-as-many-pc-players-pay-for-f2p-as-boxed-product

It's not like it wasn't said before(only the percentage is different).

The post also went on to explain at least a possible reason why ACU was so buggy(QA problem).

This is the kind of thing where you can't verify(unless someone actually does) whether it's true, but all evidence supports it.  

surely this has to actually affect them at some point.... surely????

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

They believe it because: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-22-guillemot-as-many-pc-players-pay-for-f2p-as-boxed-product

It's not like it wasn't said before(only the percentage is different).

The post also went on to explain at least a possible reason why ACU was so buggy(QA problem).

This is the kind of thing where you can't verify(unless someone actually does) whether it's true, but all evidence supports it.  

What's that have to do with anything?  I don't think you understand.

How you feel about ubisoft calling 95% of PC gamers pirates has absolutely nothing to do with how they treat their staff.  You cannot extrapolate the conditions of one based on your opinion of the other. 

This thread has nothing to do with games, software, piracy, ubisoft being pricks with uplay, ubsoft nerfing pc resolutions or anything like that, it is purely about some random no body claiming they treated him like shit.

surely this has to actually affect them at some point.... surely????

Yes it will affect them, It will affect them because the internet seems to latch onto this stuff and persecute without stopping to find out if it's justified. Thus it is bad publicity deserved or not.  

Can confirm QA gets sacked every dev cycle with only a few core guys remaining (they hire students very often since they are cheaper than trained qa workers).

Reddit is publicly searchable and an open forum. If the guy straight up says what game he worked on and when he was working at Ubisoft, it would be pretty easy for his former employer to work out who he is. I'm no expert but I imagine he'd experience some consequences for what are pretty damning claims.

Scepticism is healthy but seriously? You've all immediately decided the guy is a liar and want to jump on him and humiliate him.

This sub has been nothing but complaining for months now. Waah the game isn't perfect, le French accent, omg cash grab.

OP has given some reasons as to why this is. Insane deadlines and obscenely overworked devs do not a flawless game make. Instead of thinking "woah shit, that explains why there are bugs and problems after all this time, man Ubi are pretty shitty to their staff" you've all decided "OP iz a fagit lyer" because...I don't know why. Perhaps you can shed some light on the reasons for me?

Do you think he's making up a story for the attention? The precious karma? Or is it simply someone having a bit of a rant because the current spate of whining on this sub provides an opening for OP to vent? If he was after attention he could have used a much more public and wide-reaching forum to make anonymous claims in a much more specific way. But he posted here because it'll reach the people who really want to know.

If there's even a kernel of truth in what OP has said, then it shows a huge issue with the games industry that fans need to speak up about. I'd much rather one fantastic, flawless game every 3 years than a decent but flawed one every year, and I imagine most fans on this sub would agree. I could have done without Revelations and enjoyed a much more finished AC3.

But Ubisoft have decided on a yearly release schedule because that's what they believe fans want, so therefore it'll make them the most money. This results in sub-par games being produced under what seem like quasi-slavery conditions. And this won't change because no matter how much fandom complains we still buy the games.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Thing is that most of the game business is one big pile of steaming crap. Games used to be made by people who have a love for them. Now it's all about money.

Some company's still make good quality games with rich story and deep gameplay. Blizzard is an example.
But most AAA games are made by company's that have money hungry CEO's.

The world was so much better when marketing wasn't around.

The good thing is that we (PC gamers) don't take this shit. And slowly but surely the market is changing again. More and more indie company's are getting our money. I just hope they don't get cocky.

Reddit is publicly searchable and an open forum. If the guy straight up says what game he worked on and when he was working at Ubisoft, it would be pretty easy for his former employer to work out who he is. I'm no expert but I imagine he'd experience some consequences for what are pretty damning claims.

Scepticism is healthy but seriously? You've all immediately decided the guy is a liar and want to jump on him and humiliate him.

This sub has been nothing but complaining for months now. Waah the game isn't perfect, le French accent, omg cash grab.

OP has given some reasons as to why this is. Insane deadlines and obscenely overworked devs do not a flawless game make. Instead of thinking "woah shit, that explains why there are bugs and problems after all this time, man Ubi are pretty shitty to their staff" you've all decided "OP iz a fagit lyer" because...I don't know why. Perhaps you can shed some light on the reasons for me?

Do you think he's making up a story for the attention? The precious karma? Or is it simply someone having a bit of a rant because the current spate of whining on this sub provides an opening for OP to vent? If he was after attention he could have used a much more public and wide-reaching forum to make anonymous claims in a much more specific way. But he posted here because it'll reach the people who really want to know.

If there's even a kernel of truth in what OP has said, then it shows a huge issue with the games industry that fans need to speak up about. I'd much rather one fantastic, flawless game every 3 years than a decent but flawed one every year, and I imagine most fans on this sub would agree. I could have done without Revelations and enjoyed a much more finished AC3.

But Ubisoft have decided on a yearly release schedule because that's what they believe fans want, so therefore it'll make them the most money. This results in sub-par games being produced under what seem like quasi-slavery conditions. And this won't change because no matter how much fandom complains we still buy the games.

Well hold on now,

There are three distinct things happening in this thread:

1. People jumping on the ubi-hate wagon, taking this guy at his word with zero evidence and condemning Ubisoft for something that we honestly have no idea if true - if this guy can somehow verify that he did actually work there, then indeed his words would carry much more weight. But seriously? This is the internet. People claim BS about themselves all the time.

2. People jumping on the "this guy is an obvious liar" hate wagon. This is no better then number 1. These people assume he is lying, and attack him or his quotes.

3. People thinking rationally about the whole situation, saying that we have no idea if this guy is telling the truth.

# 3 is the important bit. Those of us in that category are thinking through the situation logically. Yes, Ubisoft has done a LOT of shitty things lately. Yes, they treat consumers like money machines (we basically are, since people still keep buying their games). But NO we don't know if they treat their employees badly.

The whole point is that we should not condemn someone (or some company) over rumours. If you want to bitch about Ubisoft? Sure, yeah, there's plenty of reasons to do so. BUT COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM FOR THE RIGHT REASONS. If you want to talk about this story, and this supposed ex-employee, then do so with the necessary required skepticism that we should all have. Treat it the same as a WCCF TECH rumour article. Unverified, potentially true, very interesting.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)